Intro To Us

Fireworks

                Firstly, I think we should start with introductions, because that seems to be what everyone does. My brother is Luhan, surname Lu and given name Han. Mine is Kris Wu. That’s right, we’re stepbrothers if you can tell by our names. Luhan was born during my mom’s first marriage a year before she married my dad. My real mom died when I was 7 months old from cancer. Dad always said he was looking for someone to help take care of me, and just by chance he found my mom (or stepmom) working in a local post office. They dated for a few years and got married, but I kinda figured that Luhan would be my brother even before my parents got married.

                Luhan is a year younger than me, and we met when I was really young, like 2 or 3 years old or something like that. Mom said we hit it off as kids, always playing with each other and I can believe that, because I do remember playing with him a lot. Luhan was really cute as a baby, but also really hyper. He loved running around and tearing things apart, and I had to chase after him to make sure he was okay. Once Luhan slipped on the floor and knocked his head against the table when he was a child. He cried so hard and so loudly that I cried with him.

                You could have imagined two screaming kids, one in pain and the other because the first kid was in pain. I was screaming something along the lines of “Daddy daddy Luhan fell!!!!” or was it “he’s bleeding!!! Daddy he’s BWEEDING!”? Whatever. That’s not what’s important. What was important was that when we sent Luhan to the hospital to be stitched up and I was still crying, Luhan waddled over and wiped my tears.

                That’s how we became brothers. Him wiping my snot and tears.

                So we have grown a whole lot, like I’m not exactly 3 feet tall anymore. I’m about 6’1 with feet the size Ronald McDonald’s and a face shaped like a pizza slice. Luhan was the one who grew up with looks. He had fair skin, big eyes, long eyelashes and a nice, average sized body I guess. He played football so he has strong legs. I played basketball and ended up with paddle sized feet. This is how you tell we are not related and how unfair sports can be when building an adolescent’s body.

                Dad’s gotten old too, so he’s thinking of retiring. He’s the CEO of EXO Corporation, a multi-billion dollar construction and urban development company. Luhan and I have been working for him since we were teenagers. We started as coffee boys and mail boys to slave interns and now heads of respective departments. I have been in charge of finance and accounting, while Luhan heads the marketing department.

                “Once I retire next week, this will all be yours.” Dad told us over the dinner table. He wore a dress shirt to dinner and carried his phone with him wherever he went. If you think it was only youngsters who are addicted to their devices, you are dead wrong.

                “Are you ready for your retirement dad?” I asked him.

                “Of course. Your mother and I will be heading off to the Caribbean for a few weeks, maybe fly to Europe or something.” He smiled. “I have been working hard all my life and now I can finally enjoy.”

                “Good idea Dad, finally you and mom get to have that ‘second honeymoon’ you have always wanted eh?” I kicked Luhan under the table and he dodged. Damn it.

                “What I do with my wife is none of your nosy business.” Dad teased and I tried to kick Luhan again. This time I hit my toe against the other chair and yelped.

                “Something wrong son?”

                “Nothing dad.” Luhan made a face at me and I pulled another. I hate how he always beat me in Undertable Kicking.

                “I will be leaving the company to you two brothers to take care off.” Dad mentioned for what is probably the millionth time this year. “I didn’t spend all these years taking you to conferences and meetings as well paying your tuition for Harvard and Stanford to not let you take over the company.”

                “We know dad.”

                “Let’s talk about your big retirement party though,” Luhan perked up at the idea of a party. “Who’s coming?”

                “Of course all friends and family would be here. Some of my old colleagues and business partners would be here as well. Kris, I want you to bring Tao with you.”

                “I will dad, I’ve already talked to him.”

                “Is Cousin Jackson going to come?”

                “Of course.”

                Luhan and I both hit our forks against the table and groaned. Cousin Jackson is our worst enemy.

                “What is it with you boys and your cousin? You know a lot of people would be proud to have him as a relative.”

                “Dad cousin Jackson is a pain. He has always tormented us ever since he was a kid.” Luhan complained

                “Yeah and he used to bully Luhan because he wasn’t a Wu. Don’t you remember how he used to lock Luhan up in the closet and said he couldn’t come out until he changed his name?”

                “That was when you were 4 years old guys, and Jackson has matured a lot since then. Otherwise he wouldn’t be vice president of his firm.”

                “Fine, but when we see him we will run.” I rolled my eyes.

                “Absolutely not. Is this any way for future partners of EXO Corporation to act?” Dad said. “You will behave yourselves, understand?”

                “Fine, but I don’t have to like it.”

                “No one is asking you to Luhan.” Dad rolled his eyes. “Don’t you have someone to bring to the party?”

                “Not yet but if I think of someone I will let you know.”

                “I kind of liked that boy Kyungsoo you bought back the other time. He’s a nice boy.”

                “Sure dad, let me convince his fiancé to let him go for a night.” Luhan and Kyungsoo went on one date, and that was because my dad hooked them up. He said Kyungsoo was nice but dull. In all honesty anyone would have been dull for Luhan. He’s like the energizer bunny on steroids. You need more than just energy to be exciting for him.

                Dad let Luhan’s sarcasm slide. We made faces at each other all through dinner and then I grabbed my stuff to go pick up Tao at his studio. Luhan was heading out to…somewhere. Maybe the clubs again. We would not see each other until the next morning.

                We are so not related at all.

 

 

A/N: It's Christmas here in Malaysia, so Merry Christmas to all and have a happy holiday! I love the fact that there are already 60++ subscribers since I started, thank you so much for everything guys! 

I love EXO's unfair stages, they are so adorable!!!