He Did It

Fireworks

6/9/15- Our Tokyo Apartment (Paper)

          So this place is a little smaller than anticipated. Is it my fault Japanese apartments are essentially the size of matchboxes? When Sehun opened the door for the first time and we saw what the place was really like, he laughed out so hard he nearly fell to the ground.

          “Excuse me young man, I don’t see what’s so funny.”

          “Believe it or not Lu, this place is bigger than imagined.”

          “You’re kidding me.”

          “I’m serious. This place makes my place back in Seoul look like a mansion.”

          “That doesn’t count. You live with your tenant. Your place is just a room and a bathroom.”

          “I know. You’ve been in my place before. Don’t you think this is a mansion?”

          “I’ll give you that.” I placed our bags on the floor and headed straight for the bathroom. It was four in the morning and I needed a pee badly. Granted, the bathroom is so small I had to fold my legs to pee but for this price, you can’t expect much.

          Nearly 7 hours ago, I ran away from home. I bribed the fireworks guy to stop the fireworks briefly, giving me an excuse to leave the party. I took nothing more than my phone (I threw the SIM card away), wallet, a thick blanket and my blue sweater. I could leave multiple things behind, but I don’t think I could leave my blue sweater.

          My parents were probably still asleep. They wouldn’t notice me not being there, because I stay out late so often. They trust me to be home in time for Dad’s retirement announcement, but I’m afraid I’ll have to disappoint. If they knew why, they wouldn’t understand. That’s why I’m doing this. I’d rather disappear than to be misunderstood.

          After settling down (which really means laying out the sofa bed and going to pee), I decided to make something to eat. We bought some instant noodle from the airport and bottled water, but we need to continue boiling water anyways. I was stirring the noodle in the pot and looked over to the living room. Sehun was sitting on the floor, a sketchpad on the ground and a pencil in his grasp. He was watching me, while sketching a faint line on the pad.

          “What are you doing?” I asked.

          “Drawing you.”

          “You’re gonna draw me like one of your French girls?” I laughed.

          “I don’t have French girls, and I don’t like girls anyways.” He shrugged. “I like you.”

          “I’m flattered.” I whipped my hair behind in mock fashion and we laughed. Sehun’s nose crinkled cutely, the corners of his lips nearly reaching his eyes.

          “You are an enigma Luhan.”

          “Am not.”

          “You say that as if enigma is an insult.” Sehun tossed the pencil aside and stood up. “You’re like this beautiful view that every artist wants to paint, but no matter how, the painting will never be as good as the real deal. You are everything and nothing all at once.”

          “Which is why you must feast with your eyes and capture with your heart.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his around my waist.

          “But beautiful things must be captured, so people can enjoy them for centuries to come. I will draw you one day, and it will be the most amazing piece of art I have ever created.”

          “And when will you do that?”

          “When the time is right. Definitely before I die though.” His nose nuzzled mine and I sort of forgot about the noodles. He lifted me up to the counter, which is as small as my (and I have a pretty small ) and we kissed. I could feel his chapped lips on mine, the tiredness in his muscles and the soft threads in his hair. How is it that every kiss with Sehun always buckles my knees? How could someone be so breath-taking?

          We definitely didn’t eat anything that early morning dawn. When I woke up on the sofa bed, I was limp, and in Sehun’s arms. I thought I was hungry, but then again maybe not. In a couple of hours I would have to get up, get dressed and maybe look for a job. If we were to make our way to Sydney, we need moneyarrow-10x10.png.

          This time right now, Kris might be awake. He would start getting dressed and have breakfast, check his phone and whatnot. He would be excited, getting ready for the biggest day of his life.

          I wonder how long it would take until someone realizes I’m gone.

          I wonder if anyone realizes I would be gone.

7/9/15-Missy Kitty Café bathroom

          I have a habit of leaving little notes everywhere I go, which is why I’m writing this on a napkin. It is so annoying because the pen keeps breaking and smudging all the words. Can someone please invent a pen that could write on napkins? Or just do something because all of us Napkin Writers Anonymous feel very unrepresented.

          Is this what girls feel like when they wear skirts? This…this wind blowing through their legs. It’s kind of cold. And I have no leg hair. It’s not my fault that I don’t grow them, and if I do I don’t grow a lot. I’m just thankful I’m not actually serving the customers. I can’t speak Japanese well and I feel like if anyone knew I was a guy they would throw me out.

          The job is okay I guess. Thank god I know how to use a coffee machine (thank you Minseok for bragging about your coffee machine even though you know I was never interested). The rest of the other mocktails are easy to create. The girls here are nice too, but I have to keep pulling my skirt every time I pass by the kitchen. The cooks can’t stop staring at my legs.

          God is this what girls feel like on a regular basis? No wonder the women’s lib is on the rise. It’s not easy having a and two s.

          I can’t imagine what Sehun or Kris would think of me. I’m too embarrassed to go home in my costume (even if that’s what some of the staff do) and I think Kris would have a heart attack.

          I can’t sit too long in here. I told them I was going for a pee, not laying eggs.

          Maybe I’ll save this napkin. Someone could use it, but not to wipe their lips.

7/9/15-Train (ticket stub)

          Why is it that I feel, like I’m letting everyone down?

          Maybe, it’s because I am.

 

A/N: Luhan's thoughts will be scattered around throughout the story, so that you won't feel disconnected to him. I hope this chapter helped to explain a few things, if not then perhaps the next few ones will. ^^

To those celebrating Chinese New Year, happy Chinese New Year!!