Kidnapped By A Man with Children

Fireworks

   A/N: Double update!!! Make sure you guys read the chapter before this!           

 

                “I’m afraid I have no idea what you are talking about sir.”

                “Are you sure? You didn’t see a skinny male with blonde hair or whatever in here working? He’s Chinese, and his name is Luhan.”

                “I’m sorry sir but there really hasn’t been anyone named Luhan working here.”

                “Really? Anyone who looks like this?” I whipped out my phone desperately, and found the most recent picture of Luhan. I showed the receptionist his photo, but she shook her head again. I made it all the way to Park Associates, thinking Luhan would have landed a job here, but it looks like I have failed.

                “Okay,” I breathed in and out again, reaching for the envelope. “I found this envelope, mailed to me, or my brother- who cares- and it has your company address on it.” I handed it over to her. “Is it very easy to obtain your company envelope?”

                “Well, all of our employees have access to them. They could have fallen off onto somewhere or got mixed up and was just found by accident.”

                In other words: WE HAVE NOT SEEN YOUR BROTHER.

                “I see.” I smiled weakly, handing back the envelope to me. She didn’t open it or question me anymore, but she did give me an apologetic smile. “I’m very sorry I can’t be of any more help.”

                “That’s alright.” I sighed. My brother was making things tough. Luhan must be stepping up his game, it’s like I’m at Level 2 of something now.

                I was about to make my exit when I decided to go for at least a bathroom break (I didn’t take one at the airport, stupid me). On my way back, I passed the staff lounge and inside it was a candy machine. A candy machine, filled with Violet Crumble and Caramello Koala.

                The same candy that was in the envelope.

                “Excuse me miss,” I looked at her again. “I noticed your candy machine…”

                “Oh do you need small change?”

                “No no not that, uhm, I was just wondering do you know who uses them the most?”

                “Oh everyone does. Unless you count…”

                “Count who?”

                “Mr. Park’s twins, Jimin and Taehyung. They always get candy from that machine when they come to work with their dad.”

                “They work here too?”

                “Oh no sir. They are only 4 years old.”

                “4 years old?!”

                “Yes hahahahahaha.” She laughed heartily. She looked up and did a small bow with her head. I was still tapping my fingers on her counter.

                “And these twins love candy right?”

                “Of course. What child wouldn’t?”

                Valid point. My gut was tagging at me, as if it was screaming at me saying THIS IS IT DO SOMETHING, but my rational mind was taking it’s time saying ‘No no, you could be wrong. Think this through.’

                “Where can I find Mr Park?”

                “He…he just left…”

                “!” I turned around and high-tailed it as fast as I could. I streaked my way across the building lobby and out of the front door. I couldn’t see anyone, and then it occurred to me that I don’t even know how Mr. Park looks like.

                “Excuse me, where is Mr. Park?” I turned to ask one of the drivers. He pointed to a black sedan that had already left and was going down the opposite direction. He told me Mr. Park had gone to fetch his children, and that he was done for the day.

                “How does he look like?”

                “Tall, skinny, black hair and a wide smile. You can’t miss him.”

                “Taller than me?” I asked. If he’s tall, then he’s easiest to pick out, but just how much?

                “A little shorter than you.”

                “Good.” Not a lot of people are as tall as me. This is a cinch.

                “Sir, you could just Google him…”

                Oh yeah. Why does this keep happening to me? I seem to be making stupid moves and unnecessary steps. Am I being thrown-off my game or is this just an off-day for me?

                “Do you know which kindergarten his children are in?”

                “Yes, it’s called Merry Wonderland just 20 minutes away.”

                “Good, that’s good.” I fished out a random dollar bill (I didn’t even check which it was) and stuffed it in his hand as a small tip. “TAXI!” I called out for a taxi.

                “Sir! This is a Japanese note!” the driver mentioned.

                “Find a place with a good exchange rate, see how much it’s worth.” I got into the next taxi and off I went.

                The kindergarten was not hard to find, and thankfully it was dismissal time. Children poured out of the kindergarten like running water, falling into the arms of their parents. I got off the taxi and started looking for a tall man. If Mr. Park is the key to my finding Luhan, I must find him.

                “A tall man…tall…tall….” I scanned the crowd high and low, and realized to my dismay that Australians are generally tall. Park is very clearly an Asian name, so he must be Asian but this place seemed to have a lot of Asians too, and then I remembered Australia has a high Asian population too.

                “Mr. Park of Park Associates…” I whipped out my phone and searched him up. I caught a look at his face and scanned the crowd again. In the far distance, with both children in each hand, stood a tall, handsome man with indeed a large smile, and even larger ears.

                That was Mr. Park.

                “Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me!” He was disappearing already as I dashed through the crowd, squeezing through small children and anxious parents, fighting through the current like a salmon swimming upstream. I finally got to him and I grabbed his shoulder.

                “What the…”

                “I am so sorry. I…” I breathed heavily and reached for the envelope. “I just…need…to…know…if you know…Luhan.”

                Then, the unthinkable happened. He wrapped a hand around my mouth and turned to his kids. “Let’s go.” He said and dragged me along with him.

                “Minfghfy…” I mumbled against his hand and struggled in his grasp, damn he was strong. He called his chauffer over and handed me to him.

                “Bring him with us, and make sure he does not say a word.”

                “I…mighaghystvdje…” I was gagged by a piece of handkerchief and pushed into the front seat of the car. Mr. Park whispered into my ear “I’m sorry, I will explain later.”

                The car pulled off and I felt like crying. I can’t believe I’m being kidnapped. If this man had something to do with Luhan, then Luhan must not even be alive.

                Oh God, Luhan what have you gotten yourself into?

                What have I gotten myself into?

********************

                We arrived at big house with a wide lawn. Mr. Park’s two children ran back into the house excitedly and he followed suit. The chauffer helped me out of the car and around the side lawn, to the back of the house where a swimming pool and a patio laid there in waiting. This was a very lavish and extravagant house. Mr. Park was definitely a rich man, which made sense if he owned such a large law firm.

                The chauffer let me sit on one of the wooden patio chairs and removed my gag. “What in heaven’s name is going on?! Where is my brother?!”

                “Please sir, my master will explain everything.”

                “Am I being kidnapped?”

                “My thousand apologies master.” He bowed deeply. “Is there anything I can get for you?”

                “No nothing. Leave me alone.” I growled, and he ran away like a puppy with his tail between his legs. The sun was reflecting off the pool and shining into my eyes. Rubber duckies and plastic tubes laid by the side, and there was even a small kiddy slide. A family barbeque was on the other corner and some children toys were on the patio table itself. If this was some illegal ring, they sure have hidden it well under the façade of children’s home. Maybe Mr. Park was a gangster.

                The door behind me slid open and Mr. Park stepped out. I flinched back and stood up, standing about 3 feet away and ready to run.

                “I must apologise. I really didn’t mean to be so rough.”

                “So this isn’t a kidnapping?”

                “Oh no sir. My name is Park Chanyeol. I’m an attorney.”

                “Who owns Park Associates.”

                “Well, I’m still an attorney first.” He laughed, his face lifting up into smiles, and then he didn’t seem so scary anymore.

                “I’m Kris Wu, CEO of EXO Corporations.” Boy it feels weird to have introduced myself in that manner. “I’m here to look for Luhan.”

                “How did you manage to trace us?” I handed him the envelope full of candy wrappers and he laughed. Again. He seems to like that.

                “What is your relation to Luhan? And who is us?” I asked.

                “Luhan was our nanny. He took care of my children for 2 weeks before he left.”

                “Luhan?!” I was shocked by this. “A nanny to a bunch of twins?!”

                “And a baby. Only 8 months old.” He chuckled. “My husband needed an extra hand with 2 grown twins and a small baby.”

                “Your husband? Where is he?”

                “He’s inside. You must come in to meet the family later.”

                “I don’t understand. Luhan came to Sydney, and he found a job as a nanny? How?”

                “He came to my office looking for work. He was eager too, said he could and will do anything for a day job. Unfortunately my place was full of mail boys and coffee ladies, but I told him I needed a nanny urgently. My previous one had an accident.”

                “I see.” A butler came out to serve us drinks, which I gladly took and it soothed my dry throat. "Your bag sir?” he asked, gesturing to my feet. I looked down to see my backpack down there. Before flying to Syndey I had purchased a backpack instead, and had my old luggage tossed away. A backpack was much more convenient.

                “It’s okay just leave it.” I smiled, to which he nodded and turned back. I looked back at Chanyeol, who now did not seem scary and evil at all.

                “I took him in and he was amazing with the twins. In fact, they have gotten a little overly-attached to him.” Chanyeol shook his head. “You can’t mention Luhan’s name without them bursting into tears. They really do miss him.”

                “Yeah but…”

                “You really have no idea what it was like. Every day they are asking where Luhan is, when is he coming back, why did he leave…and sometimes we can’t always answer. So then they cry. They don’t play as well as before, and they are always looking for him. It’s always Luhan, Luhan and Luhan.”

                “Well I…”

                “Frankly we don’t have much of an idea where he is now. He used to work here until the kids went to bed and then he would go back to town where he stayed.”

                “Do you know where that is?”

                “I have some documents inside. I asked him to fill in before working with me.” He got up and we went in together. The room was a warm lovely pastel colour which almost shone under the sunlight from outside. There was another man in the kitchen, holding a milk bottle in his hand. He saw the both of us and smiled graciously. “Welcome!”

                “This is my husband, Byun Baekhyun.”

                “Nice to meet you Baekhyun.”

                “The pleasure is mine, and you are?”

                “His name is Kris Wu and he’s here to look for someone.” Chanyeol winked with his left eye and Baekhyun nodded, like he picked up a secret code between them. He put the bottle down to shake my hand warmly.

                “And these are our two kids, Jimin and Taehyung. Come say hi to Mr. Wu boys!” Baekhyun called his two sons, who were sitting on the steps, busy meddling with their fire trucks. They saw me and just waved, before looking back down at their toys.

                “This is our little cherub Jungkookie.” Baekhyun picked up a little baby of 8 months old from a cot. This baby had pink lips, round eyes and not much hair, but there is something about babies that make them so adorable indeed.

                “He is a charming little boy.” I agreed, holding its tiny gloved hand in mine. We all went around the baby, making funny noises and trying to get its attention. I happened to turn and saw two pair of eyes watching me.

                They weren’t watching me. They were watching the baby.

 

A/N: The road to Luhan is nearing it's end and so is his reason for all this. If you guys are still interested please do stay tuned!! Thank you for all the love and please do leave comments below!