Icy Moon

Chaotic Chambers

“I will never let you fall and I will stand up with you forever.” That was his promise when we first met. He stood in front of me with a piercing gaze. I can still feel it deep inside my heart how I tried so hard not to lose my consciousness because of his magnifying gravity. His perfectly proportioned face was like that of a statue, his presence speaks elegance combined with a strong will to fulfill his duty. The dazzling man in a black suit told me that he was there to guard me with his life. 

“I’ll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven.” I can’t help but stare on his slick pulled back hair tucked on one side while the side of his head was neatly shaved to perfection. An angel without wings, an elite warrior cast here on earth stayed with me closely and shined brightly on my darkest nights, yes he is my moon. He is the reason why I can sleep comfortably without a lullaby.

“I’ll be back, wait for me.” These were the last words that I heard from him. Eric is a man of his words. He never broke a promise. He sees to it that he will accomplish it no matter what it takes. He held my hands and made them feel his soft cheeks. He slightly rubbed them on his face as if he’s trying to wipe his emotions with my palm and folded it against his for a tender kiss.

“Remember that I hate to wait.” I said with a demanding tone before sadness betrays my act. He pulled me closer until our foreheads meet. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh – I knew he’ll surely have a hard time.

“Bunny, I need to go. I won’t take long.” and he disappeared and together with it, my heart froze.