Alone with Someone

Chaotic Chambers

My body is getting weaker as time passed. I am obviously running out of time but I can’t tell anyone about it. Now that I turned away my best friend Hyesung and even Dongwan, the person who loved me the most – I think this is the most piercing punishment that I deserve.

There are still no signs for Andy’s return from his therapy; I am stuck here by myself without my ward mate. The hospital is really the coldest place on earth; it can make me feel winter in the middle of a hot summer noon. It is suffocating. It is heart-breaking. My tears won’t even fall when I wanted them the most. I guess my body shut down its emotional capabilities too when my mind was made aware of my real situation.

I looked aimlessly outside my window and tried to think of Eric’s words before he left me. All of a sudden I felt a warm hand touching my face gently like it was wiping my invisible tears. I looked immediately on my peripheral view and saw Junjin staring at me with his concerned eyes. He's been with me all along. What kind of destiny led him to be my temporary gurdian?

“NO – WHAT MADE YOU.. What have you done?” I exclaimed to my surprise and made sure not to let it off slide my tongue. His wings were as magnificent just like the last time I saw him in heaven. He still bears that stance of a protector and the gaze of someone who will go out of his way to do his duty but now it can’t comprehend his judgement anymore. Why did he choose to break the same rule that I crossed.