Tangled

Chaotic Chambers

“You don’t have any other choice.” I heard Hyesung’s voice somewhere not so far from me. My body can’t move a muscle anymore. I cannot even look back, the only thing that I am sure of are the footsteps that are deliberately walking towards my direction. It didn’t take long before he reached a part of my peripheral vision where he can be visible enough.

“You – you ruined Dongwan. He fell for you and you agreed to become human without even knowing what will happen next. He chose you over our friendship. He lied to me. Your divine memories were all replaced with an earthly story line; you were inserted inevitably in between our lives and lived as our dearest friend. If Minwoo didn’t do counter measures we will all be trapped on a never ending loop.” The calm Hyesung that I knew was trembling. He is holding himself back so much but I can sense his emotional distress.  I am still off the hook. I ought not to believe in anything until he appears.

“You know exactly what we went through. Our friendship was put in vain because of you. The mistake that you made caused all these to happen. I tried to stop you – but you became selfish. I wanted to save you but I am totally worthless now.” The devastated prince fell on his knees. It is too much for him to handle. I knew his sacrifices from day one. He pretended to be blind but he only got his heart bruised in the end; especially now that everything is starting to fall where it used to be.

“He promised me he will come back.” I closed my eyes and clenched my fist in front of my chest. I wanted to hold my heart with my bare hand to calm it from its painful beat but I guess there is no remedy for now.