Attached

Chaotic Chambers

You were almost her but not totally her.” Eric told me with bitterness mixed in his every word. He told me everything that I needed to know before he left except for the answers to my questions. He was very careful with his words and I came to understand why he has been like that ever since we met.

His guardian – when he was still a human also fell for him. Among all the angels, he is the only one who knows how the curse starts because he can still remember it clearly how it all happened to them before. It was that wishful forehead kiss mixed with a sincere hint of love that unlocks our mortality and makes us vulnerable to the curse of being human. Eric accidentally did it before and they were not able to cheat death nor have the option to do so since it was a direct mistake, guardian to appointment. One of them needed to go. This meant being no longer existent on both worlds. She offered to sacrifice her life; her love was pure and true. She chose to cherish the moment of bearing that warm feeling in her chest in exchange of all the things that the world can offer, in exchange of the time that she could have had forever.

Eric’s memories of being a human weren’t erased as a punishment to what he did. It was meant to make him remember what it feels like and to learn his lesson. His lover’s wings were given to me like a cruel destiny since she was my sister when we used to be mortal. I became her extended life, a new chance for Eric to gain forgiveness from his self-inflicted guilt.

He told me that he asked Junjin to cover him up. His main reason for going to our classes was to see me and watch me from a distance. I thought I was only clumsy to have an abnormal balance but it turns out that my wave length was strongly unstable because of heavily burdened wings.