Confession

Chaotic Chambers

I think, I should let you know. I don’t want to see you in pain.” Hyesung steadied himself as he sat motionless on my bed side. He wanted to tell me something and I am waiting for him to gather his thoughts.  How did he know Minwoo? Ever since I run to that cliff because I was driven by my idiotic attempt to look for Eric all I can do is keep my mouth shut about my identity.

I knew you – No, I saw you from the start. Even before Dongwan accidentally became attached to you, I have been watching you since day one. Even before Dongwan broke the rules, even before you turned human – even before you lost your memories I’ve been pretending the whole time. I think, I became selfish when I decided alone to protect both of you from my awareness. I’m sorry that I can’t defend you.” He let out a deep sigh and avoided my eyes. His confession made me more aware that he suffered the most. He became that unspoken audience for something that he didn’t asked to see. Hyesung, he is much stronger than I thought.

He didn’t want to break his best friend’s heart and ended up breaking his in the process of protecting the person that he values the most. I can’t even think of any way to comfort him right now. He might have been very tired. I reached out my hand to touch his face, he voluntarily allowed his head to rest on my weak palms and let out a silent sob.