Strength from the Weak

Chaotic Chambers

I lied to Dongwan that I can do things by myself. He keeps on being worried these past few days about my sickness. He can’t accept the claim of his friend who’s my doctor that they cannot figure out what is wrong with my health. I am being extra susceptible to diseases even if he is taking full care of me. It was a good thing that Hyesung’s always there to be my wall from him. I don’t know why but Hyesung tolerated this extra secret for me. Maybe he knew that I don’t want his best man to be worried. He will be here in a while to help me transfer my things.

I entered the ward for patients with special cases. My doctor already advised me that it will be better to be here than be in an empty room just like before. I opened the door slowly while carrying my pillow with me. I hope I won’t disturb anyone. The old door let out an annoying screech, the silence was obviously unhappy about it but a laughter broke my anxiety.

Hahaha! Don’t worry too much about the door – it’s been always like that since my first day here.” That was the first statement that I heard from someone who’s as sick as me. He sounded frail but his voice brought comfort to me as soon as I heard him.

I looked at a young man smiling at me with his hopeful eyes; his messy puppy hair magnified his youthful glow. The pale lad tried to get off his bed slowly to greet me properly and I rushed to him so that we can meet half way. Wearing a white top over a baby blue pyjama, he came extending his warmth towards me.

I’m Andy.” He said.