Untied

Chaotic Chambers

It’s Andy’s time for his therapy sessions with his personal doctor. I will be alone again for a while and without someone to talk to this can be the longest 24 hours of my life.  The room was big for a single person so I decided to go back to my old room until my ward mate comes back. I walked slowly on the hallway, dragging every step – trying not to fall. I can’t understand why I am becoming weaker every day. Now I am limping on a sluggish pace.

I was able to reach my room after ages of struggle and the moment I closed the door behind me a figure of a man standing on my opposite direction startled me. He was staring at me with such pain in his eyes. Tearless but totally tormented, that is how he spoke with a deep sigh as his greeting. I am too weak to shout for rescue; I can’t even run to escape from him but the odd thing was I am not afraid of the stranger at all. He looks familiar to me. He let a frail smile as he sprinted towards me and hugged me as soon as he reached me.

I’ve been looking for you. How did you become like this? Who made you into this? It’s my fault. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have left you.” He whispered at the top of my head. He held my face with his trembling hands and as he closed his eyes in front of me, a flood of memories started to overflow in my mind.

E – Eric. I, I don’t know what happened. Why – what have I done?” It was like I’ve been freed from an illusion. My heavenly memories came back and I felt a huge stab of pain on my back, yes right where my wings used to be. He caught me on his mighty arms the moment I lost my grip from my consciousness.