Chapter Sixty-Five

Drenched

"I have something for you." Chorong rolled around in bed, the strange bedsheets caressing her bare abdomen.  
After their night escapade, they had decided to book a room in the nearest hotel to continue their… activities. And they finally laid there, at some point in the middle of the night, their bodies buried in between the sheets of the bed they were sharing. It wasn’t exactly their favorite thing to do, escaping from home to spend the night hooking up in some motel, but the kids must be sleeping, just like Chorong said.  
"Let me recover for a minute." Bomi took a deep breath, rolling so she was facing Chorong. "You have really become the wild one, baby."
"Baby?"
"Yeah." Her breathing was intermittent; her eyes, shiny. "My baby."
Chorong winked at her fiancée, and then sat up to open her purse, which she’d left on her nightstand waiting for her to open it and get the gift. She’d been making that album for months, and it was finally time for Bomi to take a look at the result.  
"So it’s our anniversary," she started.  
"At some point while you had your hands on and in me I realized that," Bomi replied playfully.  
"And I did something for you," Chorong continued after rolling her eyes.  
"You really did something to me tonight. Plenty of things, to be honest."
"I made it." Chorong’s eyes went blank again. "Come on, Bomi-ah. Behave."
Bomi’s puppy eyes changed into seductive ones in less than a second.  
"But I want you to teach me a lesson."
Chorong blushed intensely, her eyes wide open. Bomi saw her so flustered that she laughed it off instead of continuing further.  
"Okay, okay," the younger girl couldn’t stop laughing. "But please put some clothes on then; you’re distracting me."
"Bomi-ah… What am I going to do with you?" Chorong mumbled while grabbing her clothes from a pile on the floor.  
"You like it," the younger said with a smile while staring straight into her fiancée’s body, no inhibitions at all. "It excites you. And you love me."
"Of course I love you."

                                                                                                                                                ~
On the other side of the city, lights were off, the situation similar. Their limbs intertwined under the sheets, the nightstand lamp the only light in the whole dorm. But in their case, they had to be quiet, with the maknaes sleeping tightly at the other side of the corridor.  
"Unnie, that was great." Naeun kissed her girlfriend on the nose.  
"Yeah," Eunji was still panting. "It was."
They stayed quiet, still catching their breath, staring at each other lovingly.  
"Who could’ve said we would end like this?"
"What, lying around while the maknaes sleep?" Naeun winked. 
"No," Eunji smiled slightly, her eyes shining. "In love."
The younger girl looked for something to say, something to break the tension that had suddenly filled the room. Something for her to pretend that Eunji’s words hadn’t been everything she needed, everything she’d waited for. But she couldn’t. So honesty was her weapon, her lifesaver.  
"I love you, unnie," her voice was quiet, soft. It felt like a caress on skin, a sweet kiss on 
Eunji’s awaiting lips. "I love you so much."
When the older girl didn’t say anything, just looked at her, Naeun continued. 
"I don’t really know how this happened. Like, when exactly did I realize that I felt something this huge for you. It’s sort of confusing, you know? We could never pinpoint the exact beginning of what’s become so important to us."
"Why would you want to do that?" Eunji asked. "Track the trigger."
Naeun nodded slowly, her eyes on Eunji’s collarbone, the white skin there full of the memory of kisses.  
"You’re right," she muttered. "Why would I?"
Eunji lifted a hand to trace Naeun’s jawline, going up her ear and moving towards the bridge of her nose. She let her fingertips dance around the girl’s cheeks, closing her eyes and getting a feel of those eyelashes. They were so close, so close she could count them. And she wanted to kiss them.  
"The most important thing we’ve learnt is to live today like there’s no tomorrow," Naeun said, and Eunji knew what she was talking about. Bomi. Everything that mattered. 
Eunji’s eyes travelled down, her mind going elsewhere. But she didn’t want the mood to drop. She couldn’t let the shadow of a future outcome cloud her present. That’s what she’d told Bomi, and that’s what she had to do for herself.  
"Yah! Unnie!" The tickles made Naeun go crazy, every trace of sadness forgotten.  
Eunji exploded in laughter as well, the two girls not being as quiet as they’d wished.  
"I love you, Naeun-ah," and she kissed the girl, smiling against her lips.

                                                                                                                                                 ~
Bomi was crying.  
It wasn’t a sad sort of sobbing, nor a slight tearing up from happiness. She was simply letting it all out in an expression of love that reached further than words could.  
"Please, stop crying?" Chorong’s eyes were filled of tears, threatening to fall and join Bomi’s. 
But she wouldn’t stop sobbing, her shoulders bouncing up and down. 
"Bomi-ah, you’re scaring me."
The girl lowered the volume of her sobs, tears falling silently, drops of salty emotion resting in the curve of her growing smile.  
"Thank you, unnie." She looked at Chorong, who leaned forward to kiss the tears off. When she backed off, Bomi gestured around her. "Not only for this. For everything."
"This album… This is us."
She opened the book, pages and pages of pictures smiling back at them. Since the very first moment they met, pictures of them as trainees and then idols, of themselves alone and Apink in general. Pictures depicting their ups and downs and holidays and events and fans stepping into their lives. Pictures of friendship. And then, further into the album, pictures of love.  
"I didn’t know we had so many pictures," she confessed, honestly.  
"I know," Chorong smiled, caressing Bomi’s cheek with her fingertips. "I didn’t either. But then I couldn’t stop finding more and more. Everyone seemed to have some. Fans, mostly. They keep track on us, you know?"
"How did you get fans to give you pictures of us without me knowing?" Bomi arched an eyebrow.  
"I have my ways." Chorong spoke seductively while getting closer, embracing Bomi in between her arms, leaning forwards and capturing the girl’s lips with hers. They kissed, long and deep, tongues intertwining and lips biting. Chorong could feel Bomi mutter her love to her in kisses.  
She pushed the girl softly, back against the bed. Chorong then lowered herself on her fiancée, capturing her earlobe with her teeth, biting it slightly while whispering her love once, twice, an infinite amount of times. Their bodies, their limbs intertwined, they both closed their eyes and wished nothing would ever tear them apart.