Chapter Eleven

Drenched

The next morning was busy from the very beginning. There were so many things the girls wanted to do! Their plans started by going to the beach, going shopping, going on a trip somewhere in the island… No wonder it was the typical place to go on vacation; there was so much to do on Jeju Island!

“Unnie, are you done?” Chorong could barely hear Bomi’s voice, muffled by the water falling from the shower, but she was able to decipher what the other girl said.

“Not yet! Give me a minute!” She kept rubbing soap all over her body. The cold water against her face was the best way to wake up from a night filled with heat and awful mosquitoes.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened.

“May I join you?” Bomi’s trying-to-be-seductive voice made Chorong laugh quietly.

“Oh. You were serious?” She started to blush when she saw her come into the bathroom, but when Bomi opened the shower curtain completely and let the towel, the only piece of clothing she was wearing, fall to the floor, revealing her body, Chorong had to take a step back and hide her face because of how red it had got. Bomi smiled and moved closer to her unnie.

“Unnie…” Bomi was right in front of her girlfriend, cornering Chorong in the shower. She then tilted her head until her lips were near the older girl’s ear. “Tell me how you feel…”

Chorong was frozen in place, her eyes unconsciously closing when she felt Bomi’s warm lips on her neck. Bomi’s hands grabbed Chorong’s waist, making the ticklish girl squirm in her place, moving against the cold wall. Chorong could feel her girlfriend’s lips on her neck, on her collarbone, on her jaw line. When Bomi finally raised her head again and laid her forehead against Chorong’s, the two girls could feel each other’s breaths on their lips, making them forget the cold water that was leaving them both soaked.

When Bomi brought their lips together wildly, moving her hands up and down Chorong’s back, the older girl could do nothing but moan. She grabbed Bomi’s hair and pulled softly, making the younger girl move slightly back, enough to lose control of the tongue-twisting kiss but not enough for her to release Chorong’s petite body.

“Oh, Bomi-ah…” Chorong was mumbling her incoherent thoughts while she pushed Bomi against her, their wet bodies completely in contact, their hands exploring each other like it was the first time. “Bomi-ah…”

“Are you ready, unnie?” Naeun entered the room for the last time to check on Eunji. The older girl was sitting on her bed, quietly thinking, and didn’t even turn when Naeun spoke. “Are you okay?”

Naeun sat on the bed next to Eunji, and hesitated for a moment before putting her hand on the other girl’s shoulder. That made Eunji wake up from her deep thoughts and the older girl blinked a couple of times and shook her head before going back to reality.

“Yes, sorry” she apologized. “We should go.”

“Unnie, could you braid my hair for me?” Naeun asked, getting bravery from her heart. It wasn’t anything difficult, but for some reason all those simple things that made her interact with Eunji were making her shyer every day. “It’s too hot to have it down my back like I usually do.”

Eunji thought it was weird that it wasn’t Hayoung who Naeun asked about it; they were best friends after all, but she didn’t complain and nodded. She softly touched Naeun’s waist with both of her hands to indicate her to turn around, and the younger girl felt a shiver run down her spine, making her blush. Luckily, Eunji couldn’t see her face at the moment, or else she would’ve seen how flushed Naeun was at the moment.

While braiding her long hair slowly, Eunji was softly touching Naeun’s pale neck with her warm fingers, and the younger girl was so nervous she could barely breathe. They had been friends for many years, but she had never felt this way before, and it was getting worse and worse every day.

“It’s done,” Eunji said, laying a hand on Naeun’s shoulder comfortably, unaware of the other girl’s reaction. When Naeun stood up and turned around to look at Eunji, the older girl couldn’t stop herself from muttering her thoughts. “You look very beautiful, Naeun-ah. Going on vacation really suits you.”

Now Eunji did see Naeun’s flushed cheeks, but she thought it was the cutest thing, how the usually cold Naeun could get so flustered by a simple compliment. The two girls looked into each other’s eyes for a while, absorbed in the moment.

“Come on,” Eunji was the one who broke the magic, but she got up and took her purse, looking around to see she hadn’t forgotten anything, and then she grabbed Naeun’s hand to take her outside, to which Naeun raised her eyebrows in surprise. “They’re probably waiting for us, Naeun-ah.”

The two girls left the room hand-in-hand like it was the most normal thing to do, but both of their stomachs felt wild with butterflies, the blush on Naeun’s face and the unconscious smile on Eunji’s giving away how they both felt.

“Oh, no,” Chorong exclaimed. “You are not driving!”

Hayoung pouted in response and got out of the driver’s seat, leaving the place for the leader. The other members hadn’t come out of the house yet, and Hayoung and Chorong were the two interested in getting the driver’s seat.

“But I want to learn,” the maknae said. “And you are the only one here that can teach me, unnie. None of them are interested.”

“I know. And I will. But not right now,” Chorong smiled kindly. “You are not of age yet, Hayoung-ah!”

“I am, unnie! I just don’t have my license yet…”

Hayoung tried her maknae aegyo, something she hardly ever did, to convince her unnie. With such a sweet pout, Chorong could do nothing but laugh.

“Okay, okay,” Hayoung looked euphoric at the answer. “We’ll practice later today. Or tomorrow. But no driving on your own, got it?”

Hayoung nodded with her head, excited about getting driving lessons from her leader. She hugged her friend softly, half a hug really, in order to thank her, and that’s when the other girls came out.

“Are you ready?” Chorong asked them, acting like the leader she was supposed to be. Bomi was looking at her intensely, sending a deep message with her eyes. That dark stare made Chorong feel small and protected, but also very nervous, and her actions of about an hour ago in the shower made her blush deeply.

“Are you okay, unnie?” Namjoo interrupted her thoughts and broke the eye contact between the two oldest girls.

 “Y-yeah sure,” Chorong stuttered, making Bomi laugh loudly. “Let’s get going.”

The girls got in the car, all full of excitement, ready to spend a great day together. Their first stop was the beach, so they had all brought their equipment and everything they would need for a day in the sun and the sea.

“This would suit you, unnie.”

Hayoung showed Namjoo a one-piece with asymmetrical designs, ideal for the summer weather. They had been shopping on their own for a couple of hours, while the other members were relaxing at home. After spending the whole morning swimming at the beach, only the maknaes had felt strong enough to continue their activities, this time in the town’s main street. They had all had lunch together at the bungalow and Hayoung and Namjoo had taken the bus to the center while the others decided to just relaxingly lie on the sofas.

“I like it,” Namjoo said, looking at it with a smile. “I’m going to try it on. Wait for me here, Hayoung-ah.”

While Namjoo tried the outfit on, Hayoung walked around the shop on her own, immersed in her thoughts. She wasn’t looking for anything special, so she just walked around looking at everything without paying too much attention. Hayoung saw a long dress with a flower pattern that reminded her of Naeun, and wondered whether to buy it for her unnie. Naeun had been having a hard time lately, lost in her thoughts and feelings towards Eunji, and that worried Hayoung. It wasn’t that she wasn’t in favor of the two girls being together, it was just that she was completely against Naeun feeling this hurt and focused on Eunji without the other girl noticing or doing anything about it. Hayoung still thought that Naeun’s feelings were reciprocated by the older girl, but she wasn’t bold enough to go ask Eunji to tell Naeun how she felt. The maknae didn’t want to be in the middle of all this mess; she just wanted to stop her best friend from being hurt.

“I’m buying this,” Namjoo said when she got out of the changing rooms. “Are you getting anything?”

“I’m going to get this for Naeun-unnie,” she answered, pointing at the dress that had caught her attention. Do you think this is her size?”

If Namjoo was surprised about Hayoung’s wish, she didn’t show it. It was true the members used to buy things for each other, but that happened when they were all together or when there was a specific reason behind it. Nevertheless, Namjoo didn’t say anything and the two girls ended their shopping happily.