Chapter Sixty-Four

Drenched

“Wow, I love this place, Bomi-ah.” The smile could be heard in Chorong’s voice.

The restaurant was quite famous, its recognition due to the stylish setting, the fine wine and the polite service of waiters. Chorong’s eyes opened in awe when they stepped in, not expecting Bomi to have booked a table in a place that looked this expensive. They were idols, but they weren’t used to spend this freely, to be out of hiding.

"It’s a special day, after all, not just another anniversary."

It’s probably our last one. She didn’t say it, but she didn’t need to. Chorong was aware of it. Always.

"This way, please." The waiter appeared, motioning for them to follow him to a table in the furthest corner, away from any curious fan or simply intruder into their calm evening.

After choosing their meal, the waiter left them on their own to wait for their food, enjoying each other’s company.

"I’m very happy to be here," Chorong slid her arm across the table, waiting for Bomi to link their hands together.  

"Me too." The younger girl intertwined their fingers. "You know, I wanted to wait until tonight to ask you to marry me. But it ended up differently."

"I like it how it is now," Chorong’s honest smile reappeared.

They looked at each other in silence, their gazes exploring the other’s soul.

"There’s something I need to tell you." Bomi’s voice was grave, seriousness breaking the comfortable silence they’d been sharing.

"And here I thought we would spend the night without talking about anything depressing or sad," Chorong sighed.

"It’s not funny, unnie."

The leader shivered, anticipating the worst of news. When she heard the update on Bomi’s visit to the doctor, her heart started to beat quicker, nervousness spreading all over her tiny body.

"So that means a few weeks."

"Weeks?" The whole restaurant heard Chorong, but she couldn’t care less.

Her shoulders were shaking, and Bomi had lowered her head in defeat, hiding the lonely tear making its way down her left cheek.

"Everything okay, girls?" The waiter showed up with their food. 

Chorong let go. "Nothing’s okay." 

~

"Look at them cuddling." Hayoung pointed at Eunji and Naeun, both asleep on their side of the couch.

The second movie was reaching its end, and that night was getting long. The maknaes, younger than ever, were the only ones with energy left, and they couldn’t stop giggling while looking at their unnies.

"They’re cute," Namjoo giggled, and then turned her head back to the television. "Hayoung-ah, I’m tired."

The maknae nodded and yawned. It was late.

"Let’s wake them up and go to bed," Namjoo said, pointing her chin at Eunji and Naeun.

They stood up and stopped the movie, the dorm sinking in silence.

"Unnie." Hayoung shook Eunji’s shoulders gently, waking the older girl up. She opened her eyes and shifted in the sofa, sliding her hand down Naeun’s back. She nodded at the maknaes, and they muttered their goodnights before going to their room.

"Naeun-ah," she whispered. "Let’s go to bed."

The younger girl fluttered her eyes open, slowly, and mumbled something impossible to understand for her girlfriend. Eunji sighed and caressed Naeun’s temples, moving her hair aside.

"Let me check on Bomi-ah and Chorong-unnie before going to bed," Eunji said when they finally stood up. Naeun nodded, and she made her way to her room with a smile.

Everything alright? We’re going to sleep here. Be careful – Eunji

Eunji walked to her room, where the nightstand light was on, filling the room with a soft, dim brightness that made the contour of Naeun’s body stand up.

"Unnie." The girl smiled when Eunji entered the room, already changed into her white silken nightgown that hug her curves perfectly. The girl walked towards the older one, her hands taking possession of Eunji’s waist quickly, fingertips sliding under the shirt.

"Naeun-ah," she breathed against the other’s lips. "I thought you were too tired for this."

Naeun arched her back, making it easier for Eunji to access her neck. The younger girl nibbled on her girlfriend’s skin, leaving a trail of love-bites down the girl’s body. She stopped to kiss her collarbone, moving her glance upwards to lock her eyes with Eunji’s.

"Kiss me," Eunji moaned when Naeun’s hands scratched the bare skin of her back. 

"My pleasure."

~

"Do you want to go home already?"

Bomi lifted her gaze towards Chorong, who was finishing her ice cream cone.

"Why? Do you?" She counterattacked.

"Mmm, no." She her lips and Bomi’s eyes went wide. "I was just wondering whether you’d feel tired."

"Unnie, me dying soon doesn’t mean you have to worry. It means you have to make every second count like it was the last one."

Chorong stared at her sandals, her red nails standing out.

"Let’s go, then," she said, a confused expression appearing in Bomi’s face.

"Where?"

Chorong smiled and lifted her eyebrows.

"You know where." She grabbed Bomi’s hand and started running, her ice cream dripping, so she stopped to finish it.

They made their way to the river, the grass under one of the bridges slightly wet at that time. They walked in the darkness, hidden in between the shadows under the bridge.

"Bomi-ah!" Chorong exclaimed when Bomi grabbed her wrists.

The younger girl pushed Chorong’s back against the cold wall, lifting her wrists up in the air. found her way to her fiancée’s neckline, leaving soft kisses on her way up her jawline.

When Chorong moaned, Bomi took it as a sign for her right hand to sneak under the older girl’s skirt, scratching her thigh while her left hand held a grip on Chorong’s wrists. The girl moaned, pushing her head back against the wall and closing her eyes while Bomi kissed her way down her collarbone, her hand going up the girl’s thigh.

"We shouldn’t…" Chorong muttered between moans. "Bomi-ah, anyone can see us…"

"Shhh." Bomi kissed Chorong to silence her, the sweet flavor of the ice cream still present on the girl’s lips. "No one comes here, unnie."

The younger girl made her way down her fiancée’s cleavage, kisses leaving way to nibbling. Chorong felt her knees go weak, Bomi’s hand making its way up till it reached its destination. Bomi kneeled on the floor, lifting Chorong’s skirt up so there was nothing between them, the bare thighs for her to glimpse in the darkness. When the older girl felt Bomi's kisses in the inner part of her thigh, she held her breath, her knees becoming jelly.

Suddenly, they heard steps getting closer. 

"Bomi-ah!" Chorong exclaimed, being denied from the pleasure when Bomi stood up and pushed the girl against the wall. 

"Be quiet." She kissed Chorong on the lips before going down again. 

With her wrists released, the older girl could make use of her hands to cover from screaming in pleasure, Bomi's fingers exploring what her kisses couldn't reach.