Chapter Forty-Six

Drenched

It had been a long while since they first saw themselves in that situation. When Naeun lifted her arms so Eunji could take her nightgown off, she remembered the first time she’d done that for her, and blushed at the memory. Even though, things were way more defined now, so they could be with each other worriless, the passion of that very first time still lingering in their skins.

But this time, they were more confident. Eunji didn’t stay shocked after unhooking Naeun’s bra, and she just smiled and started kissing the girl all the way down her neck till her collarbone. Naeun moaned in response, and tangled her hands in Eunji’s hair so she could bring the girl closer to her body. Naeun could feel the older girl’s smile against her bare skin; Eunji’s breathing causing tickles as it moved to her shoulder.

When Eunji moved back, the two girls locked their gazes passionately, and it was Naeun who joined them for a kiss. Much to Eunji’s surprise, Naeun dominated the kiss that time, moving her soft lips against her own and forcing her tongue inside. Eunji had been unaware that so much pleasure could be found from only kissing, but when their tongues battled in dominance she couldn’t help but moan and Naeun smiled against her lips.

The older girl moved back once again when Naeun’s hands started pulling de edge of her shirt upwards, and Eunji helped her now girlfriend take it off. Naeun looked so innocent then, her gaze hesitating between forcing herself to look right into Eunji’s eyes or let her eyes trace Eunji’s half- body. Grasping boldness from the girl in front of her, Naeun moved her gazes downwards, her eyes tracing Eunji’s collarbone and moving down her chest. Naeun blushed, and Eunji thought that was the cutest Naeun she’d seen, but the younger girl lifted an arm boldly and accompanied her eyes with her fingertips.

From Eunji’s collarbone she reached the girl’s bra, and her arms embraced Eunji slightly so she could unhook it. There was a soft thump when the piece of clothing hit the floor and the girls smiled in shared nervousness.

Naeun sneaked her fingers slightly under the elastic band of Eunji’s pants, pulling softly. The younger girl lifted her gaze, from Eunji’s navel to the girl’s eyes, question and hesitation in Naeun’s dark orbs. Eunji nodded slightly and smiled, her smile nothing more than a movement of lips with no teeth at sight. But it gave Naeun the courage she needed to keep moving forward.

Once Eunji’s pants were on the floor, it was the older girl who took control of the situation. She pushed Naeun, not too hard but strongly enough so the girl ended up lying on the bed, open in shock. It was more of an awestruck kind of expression, in Eunji’s eyes. The older girl looked at her girlfriend, and Naeun blushed, suddenly all too conscious of her position and the single piece of clothing she had left on her body.

Eunji could see Naeun in all her glory, feel her against her own body, smell her characteristic scent. It was like they were finally together in an extent that was on a whole other level, but there was nothing they anticipated that much. No matter what, their smiles wouldn’t falter and the fluttering hearts would never stop sending butterflies to their stomachs, and that’s what mattered to them the most.

Eunji positioned herself between Naeun’s legs and kissed the soft spot behind the girl’s knee, making Naeun shiver in pleasure and anticipation. Her kisses were travelling upwards, each touch as light and warm as the earlier one. Naeun was blushing even more as Eunji travelled her leg up to her thigh, where she stopped. She then raised her gaze and locked her eyes with Naeun’s while lowering her head once again and kissing Naeun’s inner thigh, to which the girl widened her eyes in surprise. Eunji was nervous too, but the calm presence of the girl lying in front of her, all ready for her, was giving her enough courage.

Naeun seemed to glow in the darkness, her pale skin shining in Eunji’s eyes. Eunji kept kissing Naeun on the softest spot of her leg, her hands caressing the girl’s waist in a careful but never-ending motion. When Eunji started using her nails to softly scratch the pale skin in Naeun’s waist, the sensation, combined with the warmth of the wet kisses the older girl was still leaving up Naeun’s inner thigh, made the girl arch her back in pleasure, her eyes closing for Eunji’s delight, who could do nothing but moan in response and tighten her grip on Naeun’s waist, which made her shiver.

They were together right then and there, like they’d wanted –and needed– to, and no one had any right to tell them that Naeun couldn’t pull Eunji’s head closer to her and that the older girl was not allowed to nibble on Naeun’s skin like she wanted to tattoo  every inch of the girl’s body in her mind forever.

“Yah! Why are you girls so noisy?” Chorong complained when they reached the end of the stairs. “You’ll wake Eunji-ah and Naeun-ah up!”

“Sorry, unnie,” Hayoung mumbled while she tightened her grip on the handrail so she wouldn’t fall down the stairs. She was too drunk to walk straight, and Namjoo besides her wasn’t of much help.

“Hayoung-ah, are you sure you’re okay?” Chorong frowned. She knew the girl wasn’t in any good condition to go outside, but speaking the truth, neither was her. Nonetheless, the girls were making their way into the street looking for the liquor store in the corner so they could buy some vodka.

“Yes, yes, I’m fine.” The maknae finally reached the end of the stairs, and suddenly she began laughing non-stop, passing her laugh on to Bomi and Namjoo. Chorong, drunk herself, was too conscious of her own actions to burst out laughing because of no reason, so she just smiled softly. “Let’s go, I need that vodka.”

Bomi grabbed one of Hayoung’s hands and gave the other one to Namjoo and the three girls made their way outside.

“Come on, unnie! Don’t worry; we’ll be back soon.” Bomi winked at her girlfriend when she looked back. “We’re only going to the store.”

Chorong nodded. She felt the alcohol causing her to impulsively run after her members with a grin plastered on her face.

They walked down the street, the four girls hand in hand.

“C'mon, I'm dying for some good vodka,” Hayoung exclaimed when they were halfway down the street.

“Oh my, how did I raise this maknae?” Chorong sighed. “What did I do wrong?”

Namjoo was smiling and rolled her eyes at her leader. “Unnie, don't tell me you are one of those depressing drunks.” Chorong started to shake her head in denial, but she ended up shrugging in response.

“Look at that!” Hayoung's attention had shifted completely.

She was pointing at a restaurant right in front of them, one of the few who were still open at those times at night. It was a quite luxurious restaurant, with a huge window as a wall to the street. And through that window the girls could see a small aquarium filled with all sort of fish and crabs and oysters. But what called Hayoung's attention was a huge lobster, of about thirty-five to forty centimeters long, who was climbing the glass towards freedom.

Bomi and Namjoo burst out laughing when they saw what Hayoung was looking at, but Chorong was just focused in walking straight herself. The maknae ran towards the restaurant, stumbling on the way and almost falling at the end, but she made it. Her members started following her, and when they were almost by the window they could finally see Hayoung's expression.

The maknae had tears in her eyes. It was true that drunkenness makes you honest, but it also heightens your emotions and this was too much for Hayoung.

“The poor lobster...” Actual tears were clouding her view. “We need to free it. We need to take it to the sea before someone eats it!”

When Namjoo just laughed in reply and Chorong shifted uncomfortably in place, she continued.

“But can't you see it?” Hayoung was in the verge of crying. “It's asking for our help! How can we avoid something like this? Would you want to be eaten without being given a choice?”

“I agree with Hayoungie,” Bomi smiled broadly and grabbed the maknae's hand. “We need to go save that poor lobster. It's done nothing wrong! This is just so unfair.”

Namjoo ended up nodding a few seconds later, and joined the two girls in their mission to save the lobster.

“Unnie, are you joining us?” Hayoung asked, her gaze all seriousness.

Why not? Chorong asked herself. After all, she hadn't gone on an adventure like this for a while and she could use some thrill in her life, even if it was full of alcohol and nonsense. She was too drunk to care about the thrill, but so drunk that she could see and share why the lobster's freedom had started to become such an important matter.

“Of course!” She exclaimed with a small smile. “We need to help that poor animal! But, do we have a plan? We need a plan B in case everything goes wrong.”

“What can go wrong? We’re improvising at its fullest!” Hayoung sounded too happy to worry about any side effects of the saving-the-lobster mission.

Chorong sighed, but she couldn’t help a soft laugh.

“Oh, unnie, I love your laugh so much,” Bomi was the definition of drunk in love. She moved towards Chorong and kissed her right on the lips. The leader, surprised at the beginning, kissed her back intensely, and the two girls immersed themselves in a game of lip locking that was only ended when Namjoo cleared loudly.

“Sorry to interrupt your drunkenly blissful moment, unnies,” she said. “But we should think of a real plan or something to save the lobster.”

“I have an idea,” Bomi said, her gaze never abandoning Chorong’s pink lips, which made the older girl laugh like a nervous schoolgirl encountering her crush.

Eunji opened her eyes after she'd recognized the ringtone. She yawned after groaning in complain, but took the call anyway. Why would she be calling her at this time of night?

“Eunji-ah?”

“Bomi-ah... what are you doing?” Eunji slurring words because of her sleepiness.

“Eunji-ah, we all need you to come to the restaurant in the corner, the one that serves fish of all kinds, with a car ready to drive us to the sea,” she didn’t hesitate at all. “We may have to flee if something goes wrong. Be there in ten minutes; there’s a lobster to save.”

And she hung up.