Chapter Sixty-Three

Drenched

She was lying on her bed, an album full of pictures in her arms. She had been making it for several weeks now, waiting for the anniversary of her relationship with Bomi. The younger girl wasn’t really into materialistic things; she preferred things with meaning. But overall, Bomi wasn’t into receiving gifts. She liked giving, but she wasn’t cheesy at all, and Chorong knew that. But she had decided to make the album anyway, because she knew how touched Bomi would really be when she received it.

Chorong looked at the pictures closely. One with pre-debut Bomi and herself on the day they met was the first one in their story. It had been the day that the CEO had introduced the trainees to each other, before even announcing ACube as a sub-company. Bomi looked so young; and Chorong could barely recognize herself as that girl with the factions of a child. They had changed so much... The next picture showed them around Christmas time in 2010, on the day they were told they were going to be on the same group when they debuted. Hayoung was in that picture too, her fourteen-year-old-self so different from nowadays. Chorong felt pride fill her heart.

Chorong kept going through all the pictures she had posted, years passing by swiftly. Their debut, their first win, the fan meetings, training, training and more training. There were more and more pictures of them alone as years went by, their relationship getting closer and closer. Chorong felt her heart grow with love, the pictures making her live all those memories again.

When she opened her eyes, she found herself under the contemplative gaze of two dark orbs which stared at her intensively. Chorong blinked twice, and the body over her retreated, standing right next to her bed.

“Bomi-ah!” Chorong giggled. “Good morning.”

The grin Bomi threw towards her seemed to brighten up the world. The girl tilted her head slightly, her eyes tracing the contours of Chorong’s body, the thin cloth of the girl’s pajamas hanging loosely from her hips.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Chorong complained when her fiancée jumped over her, the tickles starting almost immediately.

“Just let me love you.” Bomi pouted, and Chorong sighed in defeat. Who could resist the younger girl?

Bomi laid the girl down on the pillow, lifting the hem of her sleeveless pajama shirt. The girl lowered her face on Chorong’s stomach, kissing the girl’s belly button and continuing her way up the body she loved more than her own.

The piece of clothing was completely off in an instant, bare skin exposed for Bomi to caress. Chorong arched her back, the trail of Bomi’s kisses reaching her soft spot next to her collarbone.

“I love you,” Chorong moaned when Bomi kissed her jaw, using her tongue to probe on the leader’s skin.

Chorong could feel the smile against her, soft nibbling on her ear before Bomi finally made way to her lips, her hands roaming freely around the older girl’s chest, feeling every inch of skin for her to worship.

“Unnie,” Bomi smiled against her fiancée’s lips. “Happy anniversary.”

“So what are we doing tonight?”

“I guess we’re staying home, Namjoo-ah,” Naeun replied. “Chorong-unnie and Bomi-unnie are going out to celebrate.”

Eunji shrugged when Namjoo looked at her over her breakfast.

“I guess so,” she took a sip of her coffee. “Movie night?”

“Sure.” Hayoung was the only one who looked excited. “Let’s order takeaway. Chinese?”

Namjoo rolled her eyes and laughed.

“Why do we always end up talking about food?”

The four girls giggled, the atmosphere very comfortable, and that’s when Chorong and Bomi made their way into the kitchen.

“Good morning.” Chorong smiled at her dongsaengs.

“Toast?” Bomi asked her fiancée, sliding an arm around her waist. When Chorong nodded, she got to work. “Toast it is.”

The silence during breakfast was very comfortable, the conversation revolving around nothing in particular. The atmosphere was light; their time together, cherished.

“What are your plans for today?” Hayoung asked Bomi and Chorong, who couldn’t stop smiling at each other. “You’re both grinning like love fools.”

“That’s because we are love fools.” Bomi grinned while holding Chorong’s hand.

The leader smiled and sighed, shaking her head slightly.

“We have plans for tonight,” she continued, “but nothing up to then. What do you girls want to do?”

They ended up going shopping. They hadn’t been shopping since before they left for Jeju, weeks ago, and it was something they’d missed.

“I need a new dress,” Hayoung exclaimed before entering the mall.

“Yah, what may you need a new dress for?” Namjoo .

Hayoung shrugged.

“You never know,” she answered. “I just felt like buying one.”

Bomi laughed, holding Chorong’s hand tightly.

“Let me buy you something, unnie.” Bomi kissed her fiancée on her forehead.

“Bomi-ah, you don’t need to spoil me.” Chorong couldn’t stop the grin from appearing on her face.

“True. You already have her,” Eunji added.

Bomi looked at her intensely. 

“Yah! Are you jealous of my fiancée?” She put her arm around Chorong’s shoulders, possessively.

“Why would I? I already have who I love.” She pointed at Naeun, who was walking further away with the maknaes. She turned around at that precise moment, smiling at Eunji and the older unnies and blushing when she saw all of them smiling back.

“I’m glad you’ve found each other how you wanted to,” Bomi said, honesty in her eyes. Chorong looked at her, proud, and locked gazes with Eunji.

Eunji ran towards the younger girls, holding Naeun’s hand the moment she approached them. The two girls shone when they were together, sharing a bond that was too intimate to explain, and too new to understand fully how it worked. They still had a long way to go.

“Unnie, we were discussing the movie we’ll be watching tonight,” Hayoung explained as soon as Eunji shifted her attention from her girlfriend to the maknaes.

“Horror!”

“What? No!” Naeun opened her eyes in shock. “No way! I want to watch romance.”

“I can’t believe you’re so cliché,” Namjoo laughed at her.

Naeun blushed to the roots of her hair, which made Namjoo laugh even harder.

“Unnie, you’ve become so strange since you fell for Eunji-unnie,” she said, but Naeun just shrugged timidly.

“That’s not true,” Hayoung appeared to defend her best friend. “She’s always been this shy when talking about certain topics.”

“Let’s watch horror, it’s alright,” Naeun ended up saying, a new idea appearing in her mind.

Namjoo looked at her, and then at Eunji, and at their linked hands.

“So now you want to be scared so you can cuddle, right?” Hayoung laughed as well.

Eunji, on the other hand, only sighed in defeat before rolling her eyes and holding Naeun’s hand tighter.

“It’s alright, Naeun-ah,” she whispered in her ear. “I will hold you until you’re not scared any longer or you fall asleep in my arms.”