Lost on You! (1)

Kaisoo One Shots Collection

Hello Everyone long time no see :(

I won't give any excuses, but since last year up till now many things changed in my life, thus giving me little time to write a full one shot properlly -_-

But I'll be updating this one shot in probably 3 parts, so that it'll make it easier for you guys to read and me to come up with the next part. 

Main Pairing: Kaisoo

Secondary Characters: In-Guk, Mal Nyeon/Ha choco, Dul Su

Genre: Barista & University Au, Barista!Jongin, UniStudent!Soo, Light Drama, Slight Angst, Romance and Probable in the Next Part

Words: 3k+

Kindly ignore grammatical mistakes ^^


Do Kyungsoo is a guy aged 24 and is in his last year at Seoul University, majoring in Screen Production. If you ask him the question how’s your life currently? He’ll automatically smile and say that he sees life as an adventure and each day must be filled with fun. But beneath that smile you can see that he’s totally clenching his teeth and lying right through them. The truth is that, he’s stressed out and cranky as his movie assignment’s deadline is rapidly approaching and that old man of vice-chancellor is not willing to finance his project. He tried to ask his parents for help but they smiled sarcastically in his face and said ‘We don’t have money’.

 

But, all this stress is the only superficial part of Kyungsoo’s dilemma, there’s something more preoccupying and it is the fact that he doesn’t have a boyfriend. Since he was 16, Yes! 16! His one and only relationship at that time lasted for 5 months with a senior that he met in the after school classes’ group activities. That relationship only lasted for that amount of time as the senior was graduating and to make it worst he was accepted in one of the top university in Japan, therefore leading them to break up.

 

Kyungsoo firmly believes that the senior cursed his love life as whenever he had his eyes on someone either that person was straight or was already in a relationship. And this lead Kyungsoo to be desperate and bothered, he doesn’t want to use his left hand for certain specific situations until his last breath.

 

Out of sheer desperation, Kyungsoo decided to register himself on one of the popular dating app and sincerely hoped that this year he’ll end up having a boyfriend.

 

~-~

 

Kyungsoo entered the university compound accompanied by his best friend In-Guk, and he was so lucky that his friend got selected in the same university as him and was doing the same major. They advanced towards the vice-chancellor’s office hoping that the old man will finally give in and decide to finance their movie assignment. But, luck weren’t on their side, the old man wasn’t agreeing and asked them to search for their own money and actors and he’ll only provide them with the equipment. Kyungsoo could feel his blood pressure rising and tried to negotiate with the chancellor one more time

 

“Sir, try to understand we can’t find that much money. Please at least grant us ¾ of the amount and we’ll try to make the movie. Be more cooperative. It’s not like the university is drowning in debts.”

 

The vice-chancellor smirked,

 

“Mr Do, I said it once and I’ll keep on repeating it until you understand. Even if we have the right amount of money to finance your movie, the university won’t spend a penny for it. So stop wasting your and my time by coming here repeatedly.”

 

Kyungsoo felt like he wanted to flip the centre table on the old man’s face, but he controlled himself and looked at the man one more time

 

“So basically you’re saying that with the money that all of us paid, the university won’t even finance our project. But can spend it on fruitless things. Like is this even fair to you?”

 

The old man snickered and looked at the 2 friends seated in front of him,

 

“The sooner you understand this the better it will be. Now find your own money and team, we’ll gladly give you the equipment required. And if you can’t find it, no worries, you can still change majors. Or even better, as far as I know you’re still single right? So go find yourself a girlfriend and try to take off your pent up frustration with her. Now gentlemen you may see yourselves out, I’ve got work to do.”

 

In-Guk who was silently sitting all this time, mustered all his strength to drag Kyungsoo out of the vice-chancellor’s office, he was afraid of the outcome especially when the said man hit kyungsoo’s most sensitive point.

 

~-~

 

Currently the 2 friends were in the university’s compound, In-Guk was sitting on the bench and was looking at his friend who was pacing back and forth in front of him. To be completely honest, he understood Kyungsoo’s frustration. He was aware of his friend’s love life and each time when Kyungsoo brought up this subject it was making him sad. He couldn’t understand why a good guy like Kyungsoo was single all this time, and knowing that the vice-chancellor made that unnecessary comment he got an inkling on how annoyed Kyungsoo was. So, he patiently sat and listened to his friend’s ranting.

 

 

“This is so stupid! Why the heck did that old man dare make fun of my love life. Like who the heck does he think he is? True, I’ve been single for all this time. But how could he? Just how could he? Like can’t he see how desperate I am? I can’t forever use my left hand to relieve myself you know, I’m craving for someone to love me. I’m 24 for god sake and out of sheer desperation I even registered myself on one of those stupid popular dating apps and guess what no response up till now. Like what even is my life!”

 

 

In-Guk sighed when he felt his friend lying next to him on the bench clearly looking so dejected. He knew that he needs to encourage the other all over again,

 

 

“Oh my god! Don’t be so dejected Kyungsoo, I’m sure someone will call you or message you. Don’t lose hope”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and closed his eyes,

 

 

“I don’t think so. It’s been approximately 24 hours since I made my profile and still nothing. So I don’t wanna have high expectations”

 

But In-Guk didn’t want his friend to be that dejected so he tried to encourage him again

 

 

“God man! Don’t lose hope like this.”

 

Kyungsoo who was irritated got into a sitting position and glared at his friend

 

 

“Don’t be ridiculous! If someone indeed saw my profile they would’ve call me. Do you even know how much information I gave on my profile! I wrote I’m of fair complexion, my height is 1.73 cm, I have a button nose, heart-shaped lips and huge owl eyes. I even gave out my number. If someone was interested they would’ve contacted me so please don't give me false hopes. I’m so damn sure my love life has been cursed. I’m so unlucky that I even wonder whether there’s someone out there for me”

 

 

And kyungsoo looked dejectedly once again, In-Guk sighed, he decided to encourage the latter once more by sliding kyungsoo’s mobile towards him

 

 

“Have faith my friend. I’m sure it’ll be fine. Come on check the app maybe someone sent you a message”

 

But Kyungsoo was hell bent on believing that no one contacted him so he slid it back to his friend.

 

 

“No let it be. I’m sure no one tried to contact me. I’m sure”

 

In-Guk could feel himself getting a bit annoyed by his friend’s stubborn self, so he was about to slide the mobile back when suddenly it started to ring, startling both of them. He looked at the caller and saw that it was an unknown number, so he looked at his friend’s surprised face, he exclaimed

 

 

“Someone is calling. Come on pick it up”

 

But Kyungsoo was still adamant and muttered

 

“Maybe it’s a mistake.”

 

The best friend slid the phone back to his friend and urged him to take the call as he was getting more and more annoyed by the latter’s attitude.

 

“Pick it up”

 

“No! Let it be”

 

The 2 friends were sliding the ringing mobile back and forth, until In-Guk snapped at the stubborn self of Kyungsoo

 

 

“PICK IT UP WILL YOU!”

 

 

Still Kyungsoo was adamant, he didn’t want to be disappointed, so he just grabbed the phone in his hands and sat idly, his best friend groaned and got up from the bench, he faced Kyungsoo and said frustratingly,

 

 

“Ok fine, don’t answer the call and be a bloody loser. In any case that’s none of my business. But mind you, I repeat mind you if you come crying to me and say you missed a chance and you regret it because I’ll personally rip you to shreds and then I’ll happily throw them in Han River!”

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed when he heard his friend’s words, he knew that whatever has been said was true, so he took a deep breath and answered the call

 

 

“Hello”

 

But to his dismay he was met with complete silence, so he tried again and said ‘hello’. Still, no answer, he was disheartened. In-Guk who was leaning his head slightly towards Kyungsoo trying to hear at least something was left disappointed by the dejected expression of his friend. Kyungsoo pulled the phone away from his ear and said

 

 

“No response”

 

The best friend snapped once again and yelled

 

“What the bloody hell was that? I was so hyped that at least something good will happen and yet nothing happened. Like what the heck? That idiot! Who the heck does he think he is? Who the frigging hell does a blank call nowadays! That’s plainly ridiculous! To heck with this i’m going”

 

Kyungsoo let his friend go as he knew it was true. Who the hell does a blank call anyway? He clutched onto the phone and thought hard. No way he’ll let this blank call slide. So he took a deep breath, went through his call log and dialled the unknown number and placed the phone against his ear, hoping someone will answer.

 

~-~

 

Kim Jongin is a barista aged 26 working in a cozy cafe called 'Choco Bank'. Like every guy of his age, he thought that it was high time for him to find someone with whom he could spend the rest of his life. It's not like Jongin hasn't been in a relationships before, he had his fair of lovers but only 2 of them lasted for a while and that is when he was 22, his boyfriend decided to end their relationship as he felt like all the feelings that he once shared for him fazed out and he no longer found their relationship that fun currently and that he was bored.

 

Jongin was left dejected and decided that he'll stop trying to give his all to someone as in the end he's the only one who's left in an emotional mess where he takes a pretty long time to move on. Now, don't blame the guy, Jongin is a romantic person, he enjoys giving his partner all the attention he needs and will allow them to have their privacy and space, he will always have their back and will always encourage them and support them and he's quite confident in his skills to please his partner. But he never once believed that he'll be labelled as someone who's boring and uninteresting in a relationship.

 

In order, to move on completely and forget his pain, Jongin decided to work in the cafe, where he's currently employed. Working for 'Choco Bank' made him forget his pain as he got the opportunity to see and meet different people and interact with them without thinking of actually engaging in a relationship. The idea of one night stands makes him cringe, he never understood the notion behind this particular culture, maybe he's old fashioned but Jongin solely believes to do those things with his partner and if he's not with anyone his hand will be his best friend.

 

But, what made Jongin decide to search for a lover again was because of the owner of the cafe, Mal-Nyeon, mostly known as Ha Choco who is happily married with her husband Dal Su and these 2 are disgustingly clingy and romantic in front of his eyes. The married couple will always manage to find time in between the working hours and try to flirt and share a few romantic moments together.

 

For instance, the cafe is currently close for a small break and Jongin is now sitting in front of the clingy couple who are busy feeding each other, he was holding onto his club sandwich and wasn't able to take a bite out of it as he was busy glaring at the couple.

 

"Seriously guys can you like please stop! You guys are making me lose my appetite with all those disgusting cooing and feeding each other ."

 

Dal Su smirked knowingly and took hold of a napkin and wiped his lips trying to conceal his obvious smirk. His wife seemed to know what was going on, elbowed her husband,

 

"This is why I asked you to find someone Innie! You obviously can’t consider your left hand as your best friend forever. All the pent up frustration in you is making me cringe like boy you seriously need someone to tame you."

 

Dal Su chuckled and wrapped his arms around his wife by pulling her closer to him,

 

" Innie ah for the sake of your own sanity listen to Nyeonnie for once. You really need to find someone, it's not like you're disgusted with us, to put it in simple words you're just helpless as you don't have someone to dote and love them like we do."

 

Jongin sighed and put his sandwich away, he leaned his head against the table and groaned

 

"Don't state the obvious please! It already pains me to see you guys that now you have to point out that I don't have someone to have love like this. So shut it and let me rot with my boring and uninteresting self !"

 

Mal-Nyeon smiled and said

 

"Jongin ah for god sake stop taking this person's opinion so seriously. Like there's no such thing that feelings faze out, it's only when the honey moon phase is gone that the real challenge starts. Like look at Dul Su and me, we've been childhood friends, became a couple and then got married. If really feelings really faze out we wouldn't have been married today. A relationship is exciting at the very start as you just met the person, but as soon as you get used to each other, it becomes somehow dull, so it’s now that the real challenge begins, even if the excitement is gone you still need to love the person despite whatever happens in the future. For instance take Dul Su as an example, he's loud, draw his own conclusion and get overly jealous, he has a bad habit of being possessive towards each guy who interacts with me in the cafe, but despite all those annoying things I still love him, he respects my wishes, never lets me down, pamper me even though its irritating sometimes but the most important thing is that he never once hurt me by saying that we should break-up. We've got our share of ups and downs, fought and didn't speak for 2 weeks but despite all that what matters the most is that he never once left my side even though I was the one who was getting annoyed and fighting all the time. He was patient and understanding, and up till now he's still the same. And I couldn't be more fortunate and thankful than this."

 

Dul Su smiled and pecked her temple and gave his attention back to Jongin who was looking at them with a fond look on his face,

 

"Jongin I hope that you understand that it's not your fault that your last boyfriend no longer felt the same."

 

Jongin smiled at these 2, he finally understood what Mal-Nyeon meant. But still, how could he find a boyfriend?

 

"But guys I met a lot of people here but still no one really caught my eye. What am I supposed to do now?"

 

The couple seemed thoughtful when suddenly Dul-Su exclaimed,

 

"Hey why don't you register yourself on those popular dating apps? I've got loads of friends who met their partner one those. Try your luck Innie"

 

"Hey yea that's not a bad idea baby. Try it Jonginnie. Maybe you'll find your lifelong partner there. Like if the 1st and 2nd time weren't successful it's most likely that the 3rd time would be definitely the one. Here gimme your mobile"

 

And just like this, Jongin found himself being registered on a dating application without him saying a word.

 

~-~

 

One week later, Jongin was in the same position minus the married couple. He was clutching onto his mobile and was going through the potential matches that he were linked to him on the dating app. For the past week, he didn't find anyone interesting enough, the first pair that he was matched with was 3 years older than him, the latter has his own studio and compose music, but what Jongin didn't like was that he was self-praising himself in everything. So after a few more messages, Jongin decided that this guy wasn't the one.

 

The second one that Jongin found was a guy who was 2 years older than him, the guy was pleasing enough, like he had fair skin and fluffy blond hair and was shorter than him, while talking to him, Jongin finally understood that the guy is a businessman and loves to spend an ostentatious amount of money, he even suggested the Jongin should quit being a barista that if ever they'll be in a relationship as he'll provide everything. And this was where the conversation ended, Jongin didn't need a Sugar daddy for god sake.

 

And today was no lesser different, Jongin was somehow going to lose hope that he won't find someone to love him and didn't open the app yesterday. However today was a different story, while scrolling down his match list, a guy with heart-shaped lips caught his attention. Feeling intrigued he clicked on the picture and all a sudden his heart started to beat faster, the guy looked so young, and was so cute, those big doe eyes, the heart shaped smile, the button nose, the squishy cheeks, Jongin was in awe.

 

He clicked on the profile and read the description that was written

 

"I'm Kyungsoo, a 24 year old guy going to Seoul University, my major is Screen production as I want to be a director one day. As you can see in the display picture, I actually have those unique physical features, big owl eyes, heart-shaped lips, fair skin and a button nose. I'm here to find love, so erts and sugar daddies abstain from messaging me. I'm just a simple guy with simple feelings and want a simple love life. Send me a message or call me on xx-xx if you think that we'll be able to talk and eventually fall in love :)'

 

Jongin immediately clicked on the number given and pressed call, he nervously brought the mobile to his ear and waited patiently. After a few beeps, he was welcome by a heavenly voice

 

"Hello"

 

Jongin instinctively brought his hand to his chest and clutched onto his T-shirt, what was happening to him? He wanted to respond but his voice couldn't come out, the voice said 'Hello' once again but he still couldn't speak so what he did, he cut the call by still clutching onto his chest.

 

He kept his phone on the table, and found himself smiling just by thinking the voice of Kyungsoo. After a few minutes, his mobile started to ring, he glanced at the phone screen to see the caller and once again he was left speechless, it was Kyungsoo. He took hold of his mobile and muttered all his courage before answering the call,

 

"Come and meet me at Choco Bank cafe tomorrow"

 

And he cut the call, he mentally face-palmed himself as he felt like an idiot for not allowing Kyungsoo to speak and listen to that heavenly voice once again.


And that's it guys. Hope it wasn't boring :)

So what do you think will happen? How will be the first meeting of Kaisoo? Please do share your views :)

And to all those who subscibbed and commented thank you so much <3

If you're interested, I made a short movie on this one shot before here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZy875Z6hc&t=5s

And See you all soon :)

Bye and Take care ^^