You're Still The One

Kaisoo One Shots Collection

(credit to the picture owner: Zeprima Donuts)

 

Annyeong everyone i'm back with a new one shot ^^

Main pairing: Kaisoo

Slight mentions of: Sulay

Genre: Fluff, drama, Insecure Jongin

Words: 2k+

Note: to avoid confusion on why I mentioned 'fiancé' do read chapter 9. ☺️

 

Kindly ignore grammatical mistakes ^^


Lounging on the couch of the dorms, Jongin sighed for the umpteenth time, he was browsing through the different mentions over the internet when something caught his eyes, there was a picture of kyungsoo and sohyun holding hands, at first he didn’t want to make a fuss about the picture but the comments below made him tightened his jaws and furrow his eyebrows,

 

 

-Omo! Kyungsoo oppa looks so cute next to her!!

-Aigoo! It’ll be awesome if these 2 dated ^^

-Aniyo oppa is mine not hers >.<

-omg!!! They’re holding hands T^T

-Fall in love already!! -.-

 

And that was it, Jongin didn’t want to read more, throwing his mobile on the couch and he Tsked! What the actual hell were these comments!? How dare those fans write such comments about his fiancé with that girl? Not that he hates her no, on the contrary he actually appreciates the fact that these 2 share a real nice chemistry on screen but then again why holding hands with her? And being all smiley? He grew envious of Sohyun all a sudden.

 

 

He took hold of his mobile again and began to look at different pictures of them sharing smiles, eye contacts and even he saw a picture where kyungsoo had his hand on the back of the actress, knowing that he’s inflinging himself to go into the vicious feeling of insecurity he continued to read the comments and then went through the different pictures where fans circled their holding hands and pointed out all their little actions. He mentally cringed at this, he always knew that kyungsoo was normally shy around girls and was always cautious and guarded around the sunbaenims, yet this time he was quite astounded to find out that the elder was quite open around the youngest actress, and this was somehow making his chest grow heavy.

 

 

He was still pondering on this when, his angel like leader came and sat right next to him while draping an arm around him

 

 

“Jongin ah what’s up?”

 

 

Hiding his mobile behind his back he sighed,

 

 

“Nothing much waiting for kyungie to come back”

 

 

“Ah okay”

 

 

And like this both of them were sitting quietly, but the leader somehow knew that his 2nd  youngest maknae had a lot going onto his mind, comfortingly he began to rub the back of the younger knowing that he shouldn’t pester the latter unless he decides to tell him anything.

 

 

“Hyung?”

 

 

“Yes jongin ah?”

 

 

“How do you cope when lay hyung isn’t next to you? Don’t mind me, but don’t you ever feel like if the person you love is far away from you, the distance somehow kills everything that you have? Don’t you feel insecure when it comes to him? He’s in c\China and you are here, aren’t you afraid that he’s gonna love someone else?”

 

 

Jongin cautiously glanced at the leader, the elder was already looking at him with a tender smile on his lips,

 

 

“Jongin! I don’t know why you’re racking your brains so much but listen to me clearly and carefully. Whatever yixing and I share is a special bond. Don’t you know that distance makes you love your partner more and makes the heart grow fonder for each other? But yet again to answer your question, yes. Yes I do feel insecure from time to time, we were together since our pre-debut days and now suddenly he’s in China doing his activities and is proving his real worth. I do worry that he’s gonna find someone other than me, but then again he proves me wrong each and everytime. It’s like he feels whatever goes through my mind, and his words and his little actions alone assures me that I’m his and he’s mine, even if he’s miles away from me. I trust him and our bond that we share.”

 

 

Suho could see that jongin was getting fidgety, and could easily conclude that it was kyungsoo who put his youngest maknae in this situation. He sighed, he swore that he wouldn’t meddle into the younger’s matter but he couldn’t help himself seeing how miserable jongin was looking right now.

 

 

“Jongin ah what is it? Did kyungsoo do anything to you?”

 

 

The younger flinched! Bingo! So kyungsoo was the problem.

 

 

“Kai ah what happened?”

 

 

Jongin began to clasp and unclasp his hands nervously and he pursed his lips tightly against each other, and soon a tear slid down his cheek, momentarily shocking the leader. Suho immediately wrapped his arms around the younger by pulling him to his chest, while cradling his head to his chest

 

 

“Jongin uljima”

 

 

But the latter held onto the leader’s shirt tightly and contiued to sob. Suho sighed and began to rub the younger’s back to calm him down, after a few painful minutes, jongin calmed down and detached himself from the leader, he took a deep breath and talked 

 

 

“I- I saw a few comments on kyungsoo and sohyun. I saw how the fans like them as a pair.. a.. a c-couple. And it--- it made me think that indeed they look great together, I saw the pictures, kyungsoo looked so happy around her, flashing his heart shaped smile, sharing eye contacts, being a gentleman around her, grinning at her, holding her hand, touching her back, joking around her, acting so friendly with her. I mean kyungsoo hyung was never this open around girls and women generally and now all a sudden this sudden change in him makes me think that maybe…”

 

 

“Maybe what jongin ah?”

 

 

“Maybe he’s soon realize that he never liked me and he actually feels something for the opposite gender, and he’ll break up with me”

 

 

Suho facepalmed himself and looked at the younger pointedly

 

 

“Jongin are you really insecure about this right now? Did it occur to you that he’s done a movie with her, and they interacted during that time, so it’s normal that kyungsoo wouldn’t be shy around her. Take you for example, you just did a show, you acted with that girl right and you guys almost shared a kiss isn’t it?”

 

 

“Yes hyung but—“

 

 

“But what jongin ah? Isn’t it the same thing? If we compare his movie and your show there’s a lot of differences, you’re the one who’s got more skinship in the show than him. Even the photoshoot you did with the actress was different than his. And if there’s someone to be insecure it’s kyungsoo! Afterall you’re the one who’s got more photoshoots with girls, be it krystal, yoona or whoever. Yet now kyungsoo does an innocent movie and is acting friendly with sohyun you think that he’s gonna stop liking you, break up with you and would like the opposite gender. Aish! Jongin what the hell are you thinking? He’s your fiancé for god sake there’s a reason why he proposed you! Pabo go to sleep and stop thinking negatively! You were in a gloomy mood and  made me worry with you crying and all. Stop fretting over it!”

 

 

Suho saw that the younger was dejected by the way he reprimanded him, and felt momentarily guilty but, nevertheless the latter stood up and went in his room while shutting the door behind him. Suho gave a last glance at the closed door and mentally noted to have a little talk with his 1st youngest, as soon as he comes back home.

 

 

~-~

 

It was past midnight when kyungsoo reached the dorms, after his hectic schedule all he wanted to do was change his clothes and go to bed to cuddle with his fiancé who's body is so soft and warm. When he entered the living room he saw that suho was watching some k-drama, with sehun asleep, with his head on the elder’s lap. The leader who saw him smiled, 

 

 

“Rough day?”

 

 

“Deh! Ah all I wanna do is go to sleep. By the way is nini already asleep?”

 

 

“Yes he went in his room 1 hour ago or so. Kyungie can I talk to you?”

 

 

Kyungsoo who now had a glass of water in his hand, glanced at the leader, and nodded slightly

 

 

“How to put this.. well uh jongin and I had a little heart to heart before you came and there’s only one thing I wanna tell you he’s like a lost puppy without you he just broke down---“

 

 

“Jongin cried? Wae?”

 

 

“Because he thinks that you’re gonna leave him for a girl. Quoting from him: maybe he’ll realize that he never liked me and would notice that he feels something for the opposite gender and break up with me”

 

 

Kyungsoo held onto his glass tightly, and frowned a little when he processed this piece of information. What the hell was his stupid fiancé thinking again? He glanced at suho and said

 

 

“Thanks for tell me this hyung. I’ll go and talk to him.”

 

 

“Please do so! I can’t handle him being all emo over you when clearly there’s nothing wrong! Gosh I myself don’t go that emotional when my boyfriend is miles away from me. If I had to be like jongin I’m sure by now I would’ve listen to depressing songs and be gloomy all day and watch some sappy k-dramas and cry and rant about how my boyfriend is so far away from me and isn’t coming back. So please knock some senses in him so that he doesn’t go all crazy all over again god! The things I have to endure as a leader is unbelievable! Maybe I should become a couple counsellor for once I’m sure with you guys I’m gonna earn a lot”

 

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes briefly and listened to the leader, he sighed and said

 

 

 

“Deh hyung thank you for everything. I’ll talk to him don’t worry and sorry for the trouble caused.”

 

 

~-~

 

When kyungsoo got inside their shared room, the lights were dimmed, he could clearly spot jongin’s body form under the comforter, cautiously he approached their shared bed and sat down on the edge, when he heard the soft sniffles coming from his fiancé, hastily, he took hold of the comforter and wrenched it from the bed, causing Jongin to gasp and look at the elder, kyungsoo hissed when he saw the face of his fiancé, puffy red eyes, a bit of snort coming out from his nose, tears stained cheeks, wobbling lips and to top it all the heart broken look on the younger’s face.

 

 

“Nini what is this? Why are you crying?”

 

 

Jongin drew his knees to his chest and placed his chin on top of his knees, while averting his eyes from the elder,

 

 

“Jongin why are you being like this babe? What’s wrong?”

 

 

Jongin looked at the elder who was now properly sitting on the bed and was cupping his face, he sniffled again and said

 

 

“Why do you need to be so friendly with sohyun?”

 

 

Kyungsoo furrowed his eye brows at the younger

 

 

“What do you mean baby?”

 

 

“Like why do you need to be so friendly, share sweet eye contacts with her, holding her hand, touching her back and even giving her your heart shaped smiles? Like why are you even that open towards her? You're not even like this with our sunbaenims or our dongsaengs! Now what is sudden change?”

 

 

“Jongin what the hell are you talking about? Don’t tell me you’re feeling insecure just because I’m friendly with her?”

 

 

Jongin pushed the elder’s hand from his face and glared at him

 

 

“So what if I’m insecure! Don’t take it so lightly! Suho hyung even took it lightly and said I was being a big baby! Why can’t you see the bigger picture? Can’t you see that many fans are talking about how cute you guys are together, how you should be a couple! Are you taking me for granted Do Kyungsoo? Is this your way of taking your revenge, for me being friendly with our sunbaenims! Even If it is let me tell you it’s childish!”

 

 

“Are you done with your monologue? Or you wanna add something more?”

 

 

Once again jongin glared and the elder and now sat in indian style getting on the defensive,

 

 

“You’re taking this a joke aren’t you? I am a joke to you now!”

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed yet again, he knew he should talk with the younger calmly knowing that jongin isn't clealry in the mood to listen to him,

 

 

“Baby you’re not a joke. No I’m not taking you lightly. And yes I understand that you’re irritated to find all these comments on sohyun and me. But listen to me jongin ah, she and I we worked together, so it’s normal that there’ll be a friendly approach between us! BUT! Get this clear in that brain of yours I love you and only you! I chose you and we’re engaged! So I am in this relationship for the long run don’t think that one of these days I’m gonna wake up and realize like Hey I don’t love jongin anymore, all along I loved girls! Let me break up with him and go on loving girls from now on! Don’t think that you’re just a phase for me baby. I’m committed to you because I love you and you do not need to feel insecure about me loving someone else because it’s not gonna happen. My heart chose you and I’m happy with that choice. Now can you please calm down a little and reflect on whatever I told you? Can you do that baby?”

 

 

By now jongin was sulking a little, nevertheless when kyungsoo cupped his face again he didn’t push the hand away, in fact he held onto the elder’s hand, while pouting slightly he looked at kyungsoo

 

 

“I was really acting like a big baby weren’t i?”

 

 

Kyungsoo smiled slightly and caressed his cheek softly with his thumb,

 

 

“It’s okay baby sometimes it happens that people get insecure when it comes to their partner. And you being like this in a way proves me that you love me a lot and you’re worried that I’m gonna leave you, which is not gonna happen by the way.”

 

 

Jongin smiled a little,

 

 

“Hyung say that you love me”

 

 

“Saranghae jongin ah. I really do”

 

 

“Yea! I love you too. Like I really really really do”

 

 

Kyungsoo flashed him his heart shaped smile and flicked jongin’s forehead causing the younger to whine

 

 

“You’re really an idiot aren’t you?”

 

 

Jongin smiled,

 

 

“Yea totally and it’s your fault hyung!”

 

 

Kyungsoo shook his head but nevertheless cupped the younger’s face by also leaning forward, he glanced at jongin’s plump lips and flickered his eyes back to the latter, clearly telling him his intention, so without wasting time, kyungsoo pressed his lips against the soft yet plump lips, causing jongin to pull him closer by deepening the kiss.

 

 

After sharing their moment, kyungsoo and jongin cuddled on the bed, as the latter mentioned that he was dead tired, and jongin felt momentarily guilty for worrying the elder, so without wasting time, he leaned back on his back pulling kyungsoo close to him by wrapping his arms around the slender body of the elder, he pressed a kiss on top of the head of kyungsoo and closed his eyes.

 

 

“Jongin?”

 

 

“Deh baby?”

 

 

“I just want to remind you that I’m yours no matter what.”

 

 

Jongin lips were stretched in a tender smile, as kyungsoo hid his face in the crook of his neck,

 

 

“Deh hyung. And I’m yours too”

 

 

With that he tightened his arms around the elder and breathing in the lemon grass scent coming from the kyungsoo’s hair, a scent that that always managed to keep him calm and safe no matter what.


Edited on: 30/03/16

And we're done hope you guys liked it >.<

Thanks to all those who took time to read and subscribed, it means a lot to me ^^

 

First of all Congratulations to Kyungsoo for winning his award really happy for him ^_^

 

 

Also here are the kaisoo moment which made me internally squeal TvT

     

 

Also University is resuming on Monday and i'm extremely sorry i wouldn't be able to update frequently >.< 

 

Anyways that's it for now i'l try to update when i'll have some time, but please if you guys want me to improve on something or have any requests do not hesitate to comment, i'll gladly do them :D

 

And lastly, take care everyone, saranghae ^^ *hugs*

 

p.s: Gifs and pictures not mine: Credit to all the gifs & picture owners from tumblr