Sign of The Times

Kaisoo One Shots Collection

(Credit to @CLASSIC112756 from twitter for the pics- Photoshop done by me)

 

Note: This one shot was originally written for my one direction Imaginies. 

I just felt like I wanted to change the storyline a bit to adapt it to Kaisoo.

Main Pairing: Kaisoo

Side Characters: Gikwang, Marin & Daesung

Genre: Royalty Au, Reincarnation Au, PrinceSoo, BlacksmithJongin, Character death, implied homophobia & slight fluff

Words: 2,775 words

Ignore the grammatical Mistakes and trust me there's a part 2 for this.

Song used in the one shot: That Man- Secret Garden Ost

So that you won't be confused. In this story Kyungsoo will be called 'Gyungsoo' and Jongin as 'Kai' as it's a reincarnation AU, I slightly wanted to change their names.


Set in  the medieval times, the prestigious kingdom of Goryeo, was  deep hidden within the valley found in the southern part of Korea, no one ever dared to think that there was a kingdom in between of the mountains, but that was the truth. The kingdom was ruled by the King Gikwang and the Queen Marin, they were humble, down to earth and kind to all the villagers. The king and the queen were always willing to help, However, there was time when the queen couldn't conceive any children for over 8 years and for the king it was one of his concerns as he needed a heir for the throne and he couldn't see his wife suffering. As he knew how much she needed to hold their own creation in her arms. Day and night he would go and visit the kingdom's healer to seek out for his suggestions, he even sent an army to all parts of the country to get one the rarest flower that would actually help the queen to conceive.
 


Unfortunately none of the remedies were working, yet, the villagers and the members of the palace alongside with the king, held a prayer for their Queen in hope that the kingdom will be blessed by the arrival of a child. Finally, after a few months the healer confirmed that the Queen was expecting. During her pregnancy, Marin was carefully monitored by the healer, she was given the finest and healthiest things to eat and drink in order to strengthen her body to deliver a healthy baby.



Eventually, after 9 months, the kingdom of Goryeo was blessed by the presence of a small baby boy that Marin successfully delivered after lot of pain and tears. The prince had the nickname of 'snow white' given by the members of the palace due to his fair complexion, his bushy black eye brows, his big doe eyes, his plump pink lips and his chubby and squishy body. Prince Gyungsoo was the pride of his parents, the king Gikwang was so proud of his wife and his son that he ordered the whole kingdom to celebrate the arrival of the newly born prince. The villagers were in awe when the King and the Queen proudly showed them the future King of Goryeo, they were all smitten by how adorable the baby was, he was mostly quiet, but his eyes were darting everywhere looking at the decorations and lights that were used to decorate the village.



With time, Prince Gyungsoo was proven to be an intelligent boy, he was mostly spending his time in the palace's library where he was taught about the etiquette of a prince, languages and calculations, but what he was mostly passionate about was the music class. Gyungsoo was earnestly learning how to play the piano and violin by himself, and from time to time he was singing the local folk songs that he used to listen during the feasts that were being held from time to time and he wasn't ashamed to sing as his mother was always praising his voice, therefore, he wasn't limiting him whenever he had the opportunity to sing.



At the age of 18, the prince wanted to expand his horizons and decided to teach music in the village's school and had to do persuade his father a lot until the King agreed in front of the pouty lips and the big innocent eyes that were directed to him. Eventually it's been 3 years since the prince began to teach music in the school, the kids were always enthusiastic to see their 'snow white' prince mingling with them and teaching them how to play the piano and violin and sometimes a guitar.

 

And after 2 hours of pure bliss and contentment, the music classes were over, the prince bid goodbye to his adorable students and proceeded to gather the guitar and the violin and kept it in the classroom's cupboard.



 After completing his tasks, Gyungsoo decided to a play a song that he wrote recently, but as he was about to sit on the couch placed in front of the piano, a voice caught his attention, and it was the only voice in the world that could make him happy, his lover, the blacksmith of the village, he smiled and advanced towards his lover.



 Kai knelt on the ground with one hand to his heart and with the other he took the prince's hand  and placed a peck on his knuckles while saying gallantly



"Good to see you here again my prince"



Gyungsoo grinned and withdrew his hand and said



"Good to see you too Kai"



Kai pulled himself up and grinned back at him, he glanced at the piano and then to his prince, he took his hand gently in his, while gazing into his eyes



"My love were you about to play a song before i came in?"



Gyungsoo smiled while noticing the excitement in his lover's voice, he knew that although Kai was a blacksmith, he always had a passion for music, infact that is why they are together now, when he was 18, he came here and played a little song on the piano when no one was around but to his astonishment he noticed a guy looking at him in awe, and soon Gyungsoo got to know that the guy was the son of the local blacksmith and gradually their passion for music, made them fall for each other. 



Still with a smiley face he nodded, Kai's eyes lightened up and left his hand gently and went towards the piano and touched the keys letting a beautiful sound come out and fill the silent atmosphere. He eagerly signaled Gyungsoo to come and sit right next to him, smiling again, the prince advanced towards his man, and sat down, within a few seconds Kai whispered



"My love there's a song i wanted to sing! It's about us. May i sing it for you my snow white prince?"



Gyungsoo nodded enthusiastically, he always liked it when Kai sang to him, these were the rare precious moments that he always looked forward to. Without wasting time Kai smiled at his love and carefully placed his fingers on the piano keys, and again the air was filled with a melodious tune, with an anticipated breath the prince waited for him to sing and as he let the words come out his heart burst out with happiness and love, and he closed his eyes and was listening closely to the man singing next to him



One man loves you.
That man loves you with all his heart.
Everyday he follows you like a shadow
That man, cries as he laughs

Just how.. How much more do i
Have to stare at you alone
This love that came like the wind

This beggar-like love.
If i continue this way will you love me?
Just come a little nearer.. a little more
If i take one step closer to you,
Then you take 2 steps back.

I, who love is by your side even now.
That man is crying.
That man is very shy
So he learned how to laugh

That man's heart has many stories, that he can't even tell his best friend.
That man's heart is full of scars.
So that man.. You..
He loved you.
Because you were the same.

 


As Kai stopped singing Gyungsoo opened his eyes and glanced at him worriedly, his lover's eyes were shut, he was somehow aware that the latter was going through an emotional turmoil, he wrapped his arms around him and whispered



"I'll always love you Kai and no one can separate us, even if they say we're a sin and our love is forbidden within this kingdom I'll never ever stop loving you my love. Have faith in our love and me."




Kai opened his eyes, and the prince flinched a bit, he was aware that their love was forbidden according to the kingdom rules, yet they were stubborn, stubborn in love and they gave a damn about the rules, they love each other and that's what counts the most. Kai smiled at his love, with his free hand he touched the prince's cheek and gazed into his eyes deeply, 



"I know love and remember that i love you too and i'll always be carrying on loving you"
 


With that he brought his face closer to Gyungsoo and placed a kiss on his lover's parted lips. After spending a few moments together soon it was time to part ways. The 2 lovers walked hands in hands back in the small alley that leads to the backside of the castle, as they reached the backyard gates of the palace, Kai bend down on his knees and repeated the action that he did earlier and again placed a sweet kiss on his love's knuckles, and he got up and smiled,



"so my love i shall see you tomorrow at school"



Gyungsoo smiled at him



"yes my love you shall see me tomorrow"



As Kai was about to hug his love a sudden lash on his back made him flinch in pain, being startled he turned around saw the castle's guards, he widened his eyes! It could only mean one thing if the guards were here, the king got to know about them. Before he could think of something else the guards locked him in their tight grasp and began to drag him inside, Gyungsoo who was still in shock gasped and hurriedly followed the guards to see where Kai was taken, and with loads of screaming and yelling they arrived in front of the king and the queen, the main guard pushed Kai down on the ground  and said in a cold voice



"My king here is the filthy peasant who dared to love our pure prince"



Gyungsoo glanced at her parents, they looked disappointed, but what was bothering him more was, who told his parents about his love for Kai! The only one who knew was his butler, Daesung! The prince frantically looked around searching for the traitorous butler. When he finally spotted him, the butler was on the far end of the hall and was leaning against the pillar with a smirk on his face! How could he? Gyungsoo went in front of his parents and bend down on the ground right next to Kai, he took hold of his lover's hand and looked up at his parents



"Father, mother! He did nothing wrong! Please spare his life. We only fell in love is it that so wrong?"



He saw his father raising his hand and said in a rough voice



"I never expected you to do that Gyungsoo! Falling in love with a blacksmith and to make it worst he's a man just like you! What was going through your mind for being in love with this man? He's a peasant Gyungsoo, he shall never grant you the comforts that you got in this palace! Your love is forbidden and a sin! I can't accept him for god sake did you even think of our image before fooling around with this low life! You're the future king of Goryeo, have some respect for that title! I shall thank your butler for informing me about this."



Gyungsoo was about to retaliate, but his father raised his hand yet again, and mentioned the guards to take Kai away,




"Take this peasant away so that he never shall see the daylight tomorrow and pay for even thinking of loving the Prince!"




Gyungsoo was shocked and hugged Kai with all his might so that the guards will not take his lover away, while Kai also tried his best to hold onto the prince, he hugged his love tight, fearing of not  being able to see his beautiful face tomorrow. Both lovers were scared of what was reserved for them, suddenly Gyungsoo felt a harsh  tug on his arm which cause him to separate from his lover, he looked up and saw his father, the king, he was angry, really angry



"PRINCE GYUNGSOO! STOP THIS MADNESS RIGHT NOW! THIS LOVE IS FORBIDDEN AND YOU SHALL NEVER EVER SEE THIS MAN ALIVE! GUARDS I WANT HIM BEHEADED BY THE TIME HE GOES OUT! AND DAESUNG TAKE THE PRINCE BACK TO HIS ROOM AT THIS INSTANT!"



The King's voice roared in the whole hall, soon the guards raised Kai from the ground and began to drag him outside, but before going he yelled while looking at his love's face,



"Don't cry my love! We'll meet again! If  not in this life be it in another life! Remember no one shall take you away from me! You belong to me like I belong to you! I love you"



And with that Gyungsoo saw Kai being forcefully taken out of the hall. The door closed behind the guards taking him, he muffled his sobs with his hands, he knew that the man he loved since 4 years will be dead the next minute he will be out! He thought back of the moments that they spent together, the song Kai sang, he began to cry more, but then he fixed his eyes on his butler, he got frustrated, without thinking he went towards his father, took out his sword from his belt, and  advanced menacingly towards his butler,



"You traitorous bastard I trusted you and what you did! You broke my trust! Because of you my man will be dying the moment he's outside! Why did you do this!"



The butler snickered and said without being fazed



"I loved him! The first time I spotted you 2 together I felt my heart moving for him! But i couldn't see him with you your highness! So that is why i reported it to your father the king!"



Gyungsoo gasped. With much difficulty he said



"Do you realize that he will be dead?"
 


"yes your highness and that is why i did this so that you shall not have him!"



The prince  was more angry,his lover will be dying outside and his butler is here ing around without thinking much he yelled



"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!"



And with that he raised the sword and aimed it to the butler's heart, a few seconds later  Daesung  was lying on the ground in a pool of blood, lifeless, his parents gasped, but  he retrieved the sword and looked at his parents, but before he could say anything a loud sound echoed in the courtyard, and he just knew that it was over, Kai is now long gone, they already beheaded him, he bit back his sobs and told his parents



"You...Father.. Mother you gave me so much but i loved him  i love him and i'll.. always will. Now he's gone.. my love is gone! You took him away from me! I can't.. you took my everything from me... If he's gone i shall be going too. I'm sorry father mother... but my world will not be complete without Kai in it! I can't pretend being happy and marry someone and be a king. I know that  Kai and I will meet in another life.. I'm sure we will"



Without giving his parents a chance to respond, Gyungsoo raised the sword and pushed it in against his throat, with an excruciating pain, he fell on the ground and took his last breath. His parents were shell shocked, their one and only child died right in front of their eyes and why because he loved a man. By that time they realized what they did was something really wrong, it was too late, they took the lives of 2 lovers, just because of their pride of being of royal blood. With deep regret Gikwang ordered the guards to bury the lovers right next to each other in the courtyard. Hoping that they shall meet one day if ever a second life exists.



~-~


(Centuries Later)



In a particular hospital in Seoul, most precisely in the  maternity room, congratulations wishes were heard



"Congratulations Mrs Do you gave birth to such an adorable baby boy"



And soon the parents of this particular child shared a smile together.



And on the other side, in the pediatric room



"Mrs Kim your son is 3 years old is still a real energetic one! Continue on giving him his fever tablets and carry on taking care of him he'll be fine! In 3 days he'll be okay it's just an infection that is currently prensent in the air"



Mrs Kim smiled and pat her 3 year son's face feeling happy that her son will be fine.


And we're done, hope you guys didn't get bored. :)

Part 2 will be updated soon.

Meanwhile I made a Kaisoo video recently, if you guys are interested here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnW-vcs820