Through The Dark

Kaisoo One Shots Collection

(Credit to pic owner)

 

Hi everyone i'm back with a new one shot. Concerning this one i really wanted to write it as it's how I imagined them to be in a way. :)

 

Main pairing: Kaisoo

Genre: NonAu!, Hurt, comfort and slight fluff

Words: 2,670 words

 

Kindly ignore any grammatical mistakes. ^^

 


It all started with his injury, after Jongin got hurt on the stage for the second day of our concert his mood took a drastic change. As he returned back to the dorms after going to the hospital, he stayed quiet and went in our shared room without saying a word and he clearly avoided to look at anyone but I could see the puffy eyes he was trying to hide beneath his bangs. Manager-nim handed me his medicines and said in a concerned tone

 

“He kept on crying all the way from the hospital to the dorms. He kept on repeating that he failed you guys and he feels guilty for ruining everything.”

 

 

And with that jongin’s manager left the dorms with a deep sigh. Suho hyung who was present in the living room took a deep breath and said

 

 

“We all know it’s not his fault. It was a mishap that happened and that’s all. Let me go and explain that to him”

 

 

Suho hyung was about to get up from the couch but I knew that right now Jongin would want to be left alone. So I decided to in and said

 

 

“Hyung I personally think that we should let him alone for tonight without bringing that topic again. Did you see his face? It’s bloated as he cried so much and I don’t think that we should remind him of what happened tonight. Knowing jongin he will keep on self-loathing himself for what happened.”

 

 

Suho nodded and sighed tiredly before speaking

 

 

“Go see him kyungsoo ah”

 

I nodded and got up whilst advancing towards our shared room. When I closed the door behind me I noticed that he was already lying down on the bed with his back facing me. I instantly knew that he in those mood where he doesn’t want to speak at all so I decided to let it be for now, he already had a rough day today. So without thinking much I also got onto the bed and laid down on the mattress by bringing my body close to his back, I carefully wrapped my arms and him and pecked him on the back of his neck.

 

“You’ll be fine Jongin ah. I love you so much.”

 

I could feel his body tremble slightly, so I tightened my arms around him and pressed my head against his shoulder. I knew how much he was hurting right now, his previous injury recently healed and now he hurt his ankle again, it’s understandable that he is hating himself right now for not being careful. But going to such an extent by saying that he failed all of us is probably too extreme. I closed my eyes and mentally prayed that he’s gonna be in a better state of mind tomorrow.

 

~-~

 

As soon as Jongin joined us to the venue, where the concert would be held, we got to know by his manager that he sprained the ligament in his ankle and it would take nearly 6 weeks or so to heal. I glanced at his face, it was still bloated and his eyes were really puffy. The make-up stylist soon approached him to do his make-up and I could see that she was having a hard time to conceal the dark circles under his eyes but what was piercing my heart was that he wasn’t in his normal state his face was pale and his eyes were blank. I sighed and abandoned the laptop on which I was currently playing, Baekhyun who was still playing ‘overwatch’ glanced at me and immeadiately understood where I was going so he nodded and flashed me a little smile.

 

 

As I approached Jongin he averted his eyes to me and then again concentrated on what the make-up noona was doing to his face. After 5 minutes she sighed and said

 

 

“Try not to cry and all the best”

 

 

Jongin smiled a little and then she went away, I sat on the chair next to him and took hold of his hand

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

 

He gave me a wry smile and said

 

 

“I sprained my ankle Kyungsoo how do you think I’m feeling right now”

 

I sighed and squeezed his hand softly

 

 

“You do know you didn’t fail any one of us right? It was just a small accident that happened and it’s none of your fault”

 

He turned his face to look at me with a scowl

 

 

“Are you trying to reassure me? If you are stop! It’s my bloody mistake don’t you see? Can’t you understand that it was my fault that I sprained the ligaments in my ankle? You don’t understand how guilty I’m feeling right now. Just because I was careless on stage I’m missing the chance to have the time of my life alongside the others. So take your concern and leave me alone! I don’t need you here to say that none of it is my stupid mistake.”

 

With that he retracted his hand from my hold and looked ahead, I closed my eyes briefly but nevertheless I knew that I had to reason him

 

 

“It’s funny that you’re here blaming yourself that you ruined everything and on the other hand all the members are concerned about you and never once thought that you ruined the concert. I’m not trying to reassure or anything. I was just trying to make you understand that it’s okay to get hurt but don’t let this wound make you bitter. All the members are rooting for you, including me because I know that you’re still the y charismatic dancer Kai that will do anything to make this concert a success. What if you’re on a wheel chair or your ankle is in a plaster?  You still can sing and do your mnet, move along the beats of the music and interact with the fans who are also rooting for you. Even if you’re not participating in the whole thing Jongin you can still make the best out it and have fun with all of us. Don’t be so sour and blame yourself.”

 

I threw him one last glance and stood up to go to baek once again.

 

~-~

 

That idiot! He was going to cry once again while he was talking, thank god Baek and Suho managed to reassure him that all of us are here for him. I glanced at him and felt relieved that he was no longer sour about what happened, I smiled a little and resume to look at the audience with a small smile etching my lips, however in the corner of my eyes I saw him sitting beside Baek but soon he whispered something to him and they were changing seats, out of concern I placed my hand on his thigh as he was sitting down. While Lay hyung was singing I glanced at him once again to see if he was ok but I was surprised to see him holding back his tears, and this time I truly felt really helpless as I couldn’t hug him to comfort him, so from time to time I was glancing at him worriedly as he was sure breaking down badly and yet I couldn’t do anything to console him.

 

After the concert ended I made sure to go back to the dorms with him so I personally requested his manager to let me be in the same van and he agreed. As soon as I got inside the vehicle shortly after he got in the backseat. I heard him sigh dramatically, and I mentally noted that I will have to talk to him again.

 

~-~

 

As we reached the dorms, all the members were tired so we all said whispered and went in our respective rooms. Jongin was already in our room, so as soon as I closed the door behind me, I noticed that he was already on the bed with his back against the headboard and was looking at me with an unreadable expression, all a sudden I didn’t really know what should I tell him but nevertheless I walked towards the bed and sat on the edge

 

 

“Did you think I was pathetic today?”

 

 

I threw him a scrutinizing look and said carefully

 

 

“No! No you weren’t pathetic. For me you were quite brave and strong out there and I know it’s perfectly normal for a strong person to break down sometimes.”

 

He hummed and mumbled

 

 

“After what you said backstage today somehow offended me you know.”

 

 

Once again I looked at him but he wasn’t scowling like he was earlier, right now he had a small smile etching his lips, but nevertheless he continued

 

 

“I felt offended because my boyfriend wasn’t able to understand me and how I was feeling at that time. But then again when I reached on stage and started to talk I realize how true your words were. The members never once blamed me in fact they’re concerned about me, when baekhyun and suho hyung comforted me I felt emotional all over again. When I switched places with baek hyung it was my way to show you that I need you and all the words that I harshly said when you were trying to reassure me backstage wasn’t real and I didn’t mean it. Kyungsoo I know that you saw me crying and I know you wanted to console me… you even came back home with me in the same van and I know you care a lot for me and I love you for this… but hyung I’m…I’m scared.”

 

“Scared of what baby?”

 

 

He sighed and took hold of my hand and said in a feeble tone

 

“I’m afraid that the company won’t be happy about it and decide to do something. I’m missing a lot hyung, I know that the dancing line is doing an amazing job but there’s something missing and that missing piece is me. We all worked hard for the choreographies so many people were rooting for us so that we can perform perfectly but with this injury of mine I’m afraid that I’ll lose everything. I keep on getting hurt and each time, and it stops me from dancing and this makes me feel burdened. Kim Jongin is made to dance hyung, for me dancing is like breathing, it’s a way for me to express myself and forget everything for a while. Now when I’m in a wheel chair and a plaster is on my ankle I feel like I’ve been caged and this is painfully killing me on the inside. I don’t want to stop dancing do you get what I’m saying? Dancing is important for me, it’s a drug I need and I can’t live without it. I…I..”

 

I huffed a little when I saw him breaking down again so I got on bed and leaned my back against the headboard like him and intertwined our fingers together

 

 

“Do you still remember the time I said that I’ll always be a Kai fan as when he dances he looks really mesmerizing and I fell hard for him just by seeing him move?”

 

He sniffled a little but still mumbled a ‘yes’.

 

 

“So you do understand that dance is part of you and nobody can take it away from you. I’m not telling you that you shouldn’t be scared or anything but remember one thing Jongin ah if one company lets you down that doesn’t mean that another one won’t take you. I’m not saying that SM will let you down no! But you need to understand one thing when you’ve strived hard to be where you are today no one will stop you. You’re already too far gone and no one would be able to hold you back. Take me for example, during our debut times my voice cracked a few times and it really upset me but there wasn’t anyone to stop me from carrying on what I liked. You were there to see how hard I was trying to sing and attain perfection, you always encouraged me and massaged my throat when it was hurting. So what makes you think that you will be a failure and someone will snatch your talent from you? Jongin you’re amazing okay, you deserve everything in life, if today you fall, you will still stand up with a new found strength and no one I repeat no one will succeed in bringing you down. You have your family rooting for you, your friends, the members and the fans all of them are here for you to encourage and protect you because you’re worth it, you’re so precious that we all need to protect you so that you advance in life. So no don’t be afraid! Because you know you’ll be able to dance like never before after your ankle is healed.”

 

 

He continued to sniffle a little but still leaned his head against my shoulder

 

 

“Thank you so much hyung. I really needed this to boost my morale.”

 

 

I also leaned my head on top of his and said

 

 

“I’m here for you jongin ah. Even if tomorrow we’ll not be together in any sort of circumstance just know that I’m rooting for you and I’ll always believe in you and your talent.”

 

 

“Thank you hyung. But you should also know one thing even if dancing means the world to me there’s another thing that is precious to me and I would never want to let go in any given situation”

 

 

“And that would be?”

 

He chuckled and then got into a sitting position and faced me while taking care of his injured ankle. With his free hand he cupped my cheek and leaned his forehead against mine

 

 

“That precious thing is you! Do Kyungsoo you’re my most precious thing in the world and I’m never, ever going to give up on you. If dance is like living, for me you’re the air that I need to breath and I would always need you by my side.”

 

 

I smiled and nuzzled my nose against his,

 

“You’re sure about that?”

 

“Yes baby and I meant every word I said. I love you Do Kyungsoo. I love you so frigging much you’re so precious to me babe. So precious”

 

And with this he softly pressed his lips against mine, without wasting time I responded to the kiss by wrapping my arms around his neck and bringing my body closer to his but still I made sure not to hurt his ankle in the way. As soon as we changed the pace of the kiss I could feel something burning in the lower part of my stomach and Jongin wasn’t helping at all as he was nibbling on my lower lip, I bit back a moan and tried to push him back by detaching myself from him but he wasn’t letting go, breathlessly I said

 

“J-jongin stop”

 

He sighed and once again leaned his forehead against mine

 

“You’re being unfair! I’ve been kyungsoo deprived for 2 days you know.”

 

I chuckled and pressed a quick kiss against lips,

 

“I know, I’ve also been jongin deprived for 2 days. So for now let’s rest and we’ll think about how deprived for another day okay?”

 

He groaned but agreed, he laid back on his back while I carefully took a pillow and placed it underneath his ankle, and then I also lay back on my bed, Jongin wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled to close to his body, I smiled and placed my head on his chest and hummed contentedly

 

“You know I also love you. And you’re my angel that I’ll never give up as I’m truly madly deeply in love with you”

 

“And I thought I was the cheesiest one in our relationship!”

 

We both snorted a little, but soon he pressed a kiss on top of my head and whispered goodnight, to which I also responded and soon the 2 of us drifted to sleep.


And we're done. >.< Hope you guys liked it.

 

Personally what inspired me to write this One shot was one i saw a lot of fancams where kyungsoo was surely taking and looking after Jongin. Secondly he went to the hopsital with him. What can i ask for more. ^^

 

And for those who're waiting for the part 3 of 'Wolves' I promise you guys, I will try to write it and post it soon.

 

However I probably won't upload any one shot soon as University is resuming on Monday and with the workload and everything i will still try to upload one though.

 

And last but not the least, thanks to all those who've been reading, suscribing and commenting. It makes me really happy. ^^

 

Anyway guys see you all soon, take care and don't hesistate if you have a request on kaisoo for any type of one shot do comment below or whatever I'll write it down for you. As I'm kind of running out of ideas >.<

 

p.s: Did anyone nearly had a heart attack when they saw the choreography of 'artificial love'? Because i nearly had one *if you know what i mean* :P

And to end All the love to kaisoo ^^

(credit to all the gif owners)