Still Falling For You

Kaisoo One Shots Collection

This one shot was inspired by the song 'Still Falling for you by Ellie Goulding'. Hope you guys will like it

Main pairing: Kaisoo

Breif mentions of: Sulay and Chanbaek

Genre: Slight angst, slight fluff, drama, hurt & comfort, arranged marriage Au, DocSoo, CEOJongin

Words: 18693 words

Note before reading: Please kindly ignore the grammatical mistakes & also the story may seem rushed but still please do read it till the end. ^^

 


Away from the hectic life of Seoul grandpa Do decided to take a break alongside his daughter-in-law and grandsons by moving to their traditional house in Suncheon. The eldest of the family grandpa Do always insisted on having at least a break per year as for him the family needed to reconnect with each other and learn how to communicate without relying on any electronic devices.

By being the CEO of ‘Saudade’, grandpa Do surely didn’t have an easy life, his only son died in an accident therefore the company had to rely on his shoulders. His deceased son was married to a beautiful accountant with whom he got 2 sons, the eldest one was small yet a cute chubby baby called Junmyeon and the smallest one was squishy, had owl like eyes, a button shape nose and heart shaped lips, he was grandpa Do’s favourite, Kyungsoo.

The small family got the shock of their lives when they received a call at dawn, it was a police officer, in a flat tone he announced that Suyeong, the son of grandpa Do died on his way to the hospital due to a car accident. Kyungsoo was barely 6 and Jonmyeon 8 when they saw their grandpa sitting on the sofa with a thud whilst clutching the receiver and on the other side their mother fell onto the ground, she was choking through her sobs. Kyungsoo looked up to his brother who held his hand tightly and whispered it’s going to be okay soo-ah.

For the funeral of Suyeong, the whole family, his friends and colleagues were present, the acquaintances of grandpa Do were also present, that was when an old friend of the eldest Do suggested him to move to Suncheon with his family to stay away from the media who were harassing them by asking questions and were even calling at their place at oddly hours to know what will happen to ‘saudade’. And that’s what he did, he took his small family and went to Suncheon and stayed there for one year.

Kyungsoo blurrily remembers that his grandpa was always sitting on his rocking chair which was found in the veranda and always seemed pensive, so he was dragging his small plastic chair and placed it next to his grandpa and sat quietly while looking at the scenery of Suncheon bay. He briefly recalls that his grandpa was talking about how much he misses his dad and how much he worries about his mother, Junmyeon and him. He also remembers his grandpa saying that he feels alone from time to time as he lost his wife and son and he’s feeling helpless and grieving for his lost by not knowing what to do. Kyungsoo would then lay his head against his grandpa’s knee and will clutch on his trousers silently wishing that his grandpa will be fine and smile again.

If you ask Kyungsoo about his childhood and how he spent it in Suncheon, he will tell you he was happy. Being really innocent and naïve at that time Kyungsoo believed that his dad was now with grandma in the sky and at night they would greet him in the form of stars which were shining the most. He would also tell you that he spent his childhood by reading tons and tons of books in the small library that was found in the house, he would also tell you about the small tan boy that he met from the Kim family if he remembers correctly, apparently the old friend of his grandpa was a certain Kim Kugyeol and they were his neighbours.

The short tan kid was around his age but he was never interested to play with him. So kyungsoo wasn’t bothered by it as he had his brother if he wanted to play in any case. He also remembers that whenever the Kim family was at his place for brunch or dinner, the tan boy would always scowl at him so he decided that the safest idea was to stay away from him but he recollects that his grandpa and the tan boy’s grandpa would always sit in the corner of the living room and were sipping their whisky and one day both of them excitedly shook their hands by promising something. Kyungsoo was finally happy that his grandpa smiled after so long but what he didn’t know was that this promise was about to change his life.

~-~

Fire and ice
This love is like fire and ice
This love is like rain and blue skies
This love is like sun on the rise

Currently Kyungsoo was driving from Seoul to Suncheon, he finally got a break and he longed to relax a bit, being a doctor specialized in cardiology was not an easy job. At the age of 28, Kyungsoo was now a full-fledged doctor at Seoul Hospital, his salary was more than he could ever imagine, he owns his own flat in Gangnam, an expensive SUV and he has a small hamster named Mongshil as the small pet is chubby and was fluffy.

For now he couldn’t bring Mongshil with him, so it was left under the care of his assistant/friend Baekhyun. Kyungsoo took a glance at the changing scenery and smiled a little.

He knew that his grandpa along with his mom and brother came a long way from where they were. After the death of his dad, he was aware that his grandpa and mom had a lot to cope with, the oldest Do decided that he will retire until one of his grandson will take over the business and surely it wasn’t him, so it was Junmyeon who took the post of the CEO but that doesn’t mean that his grandpa didn’t have an upper power. His mom also join ‘Saudade’ as she was aware that the elder Do had a lot in his plate, she was promoted as the assistant director, she was working under the CEO and was helping in the decision making and business related things.

 

When their grandpa talked about the succession of ‘Saudade’ kyungsoo wasn’t interested so he declined the offer, his brother who was already working as an intern there agreed to take the position without any fuss as he wanted to be like his dad and grandpa. Kyungsoo had other ideas, becoming a doctor was what he aspired to be and when his mom cornered him to ask why this particular field he simply answered

 

“I lost my dad in an accident mom. The least I can do is be a doctor and save lives of people by making their family happy. I know how it feels when we lose somebody close to us, I saw it with grandpa and you.”

 

His mom hugged him tightly and went away without saying a word, but he couldn’t decipher what his grandpa felt but when he completed his studies and was appointed as an intern in Seoul Hospital his grandpa patted his back and smiled slightly.

 

Finally he reached his destination and parked his SUV next to a black sleek BMW M7, he tightened his gaze at the unfamiliar car but nevertheless made his way towards the entrance. He spotted his mom arranging flowers in a vase so he sneakily went in and hugged her from behind, she squealed and pried his arms off her, she turned around and pulled his ear, he chuckled

 

“Hey mom”

 

She shook her head and poked his nose

 

“You’re late Do Kyungsoo! You’re aware that your grandpa is a person who is punctual right? Go greet him before he begins to fuss about you not caring about him anymore.”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and hugged his mom once more before advancing towards the library. When he approached the door he heard faint voices coming from that room. He took a deep breath and knocked on the mahogany door, there was a brief pause before he got the permission to get inside. When he entered the room he noticed that there was a young man with his grandpa.

 

“Hey gramps”

 

The eldest Do threw him a scrutinizing look before signalling him to sit on the chair next to the man. Kyungsoo nodded and smiled. As he sat down he could feel the eyes of the young man on him, he felt slightly uncomfortable but nevertheless kept a smile on his face,

 

“I thought you said you’ll be here at 10:30 and it’s nearly noon Do Kyungsoo! What held you back?”

 

Kyungsoo could hear the displeasure in the tone of his grandpa so he sighed and said

 

“A doctor’s job is never easy gramps an emergency may come up at any moment so I need to attend it”

 

The old man tightened his gaze at him and clicked his tongue, but still nodded slightly,

 

“I hope you recognize Jongin soo-ah.”

 

Kyungsoo could barely remember the name still from the corner of his eyes he glanced at the guy next to him, now that he notices the guy has sun kissed skin, feline eyes, plump lips and his brown hair which was perfectly gelled, he suddenly got the impression that it was the short tan boy who was always scowling at him. He rolled his eyes, thinking to himself that he will never acknowledge the existence of this man,

 

“No I don’t recognize him. Who’s he?”

 

He heard the jongin guy groan but his grandpa didn’t seem to notice the awkwardness between them

 

“Ah yea we were here for barely one year it’s normal that you won’t really remember him. Anyway Jongin lives next door he’s Kim Kugyeol’s grandson, he recently took over the company of his grandpa. And jongin this is my grandson Kyungsoo a full-fledged doctor in Seoul Hospital”

 

Kyungsoo managed to force a fake smile and faced Jongin who seemed to be doing the same thing, so with clenched teeth he spoke in a fake enthusiastic tone

 

“Hi, Jongin-ssi nice to meet you. It’s been a long time huh?”

 

Jongin tightened his jaw and shook kyungsoo’s hand,

 

“Yea it’s been a while and nice to meet you too kyungsoo-ssi”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and released the latter’s hand, with that he stood up and faced his grandpa

 

“Well gramps see you for dinner! I’m skipping lunch as I really need to sleep. I did a 24 hour shift if I don’t sleep I’ll collapse.”

 

His grandpa groaned but nodded, he smiled and gave a last look to jongin who scowling at him, he shuddered a bit and was about to go out when grandpa stopped him

 

“Kyungsoo I’ve got an important announcement to make for dinner tonight so please be on time. And jongin’s grandpa will be here so dress up nicely”

 

Kyungsoo groaned internally but still nodded before he made his way towards his room.

 

After taking a nap for at least 6 hours, kyungsoo woke up feeling a little bit refreshed, the first thing he did was check for any notifications on his mobile, and then proceeded to go to the washroom to get ready for the dinner.

 

When he was getting down the stairs he could hear voices coming from the living room, he rolled his eyes, seriously he isn’t in the mood to meet up with the Kims. But nevertheless he knew he couldn’t afford to annoy his grandfather as the old man seemed to be in a good mood so he advanced towards the eldest Kim and greeted him. The said man was looking at him from head to toe and Kyungsoo could feel himself getting a bit uncomfortable as it felt like the man was scanning him.

“You grew up so well Kyungsoo ah”

 

“Thank you sir”

 

“So I heard that you’re working as a doctor in Seoul?”

 

“Yes sir”

 

“That’s good. In which field are you specialized in?”

 

“In cardiology sir”

 

“Ah! So if ever I come for a check-up for my poor old heart you would do it for me?”

 

Kyungsoo felt a bit awkward at the sudden interrogation but still managed to answer

 

“Of course sir I could never reject a patient especially now if he’s so close to my gramps”

 

And in the end he managed to stretch his lips in a small smile, he could see that his grandpa and his friend seemed to be satisfied by his answer, but before he could move to see his mother the old Kim asked him another question which caught him off guard

 

“Are you currently dating someone kyungsoo-ah?”

 

He suddenly flinched at the sudden question like what could he answer? No I’m not dating anyone but I occasionally have a few flings to relieve myself. He stretched his lips in a tight line and shook his head in no. The old man nodded and resumed his conversation with his grandpa. Seeing the chance to flee from more questions he walked towards the dining room where his mom was, she was placing a bowl of kimchi soup on the table.

 

“Mom I’m hungry!”

 

His mom looked at him and smiled

 

“Wait you big baby. We’ll have dinner in 10 minutes. Now go bug your brother he’s been talking about business related things since Jongin came back. Go save the poor guy I’m sure he wants to relax too”

 

He groaned and insisted to be with his mother but seeing the glare that his mom gave him he silently made his way towards the sofa in the living room, he could see his brother talking animatedly to Jongin who seemed bothered but still kept a small smile on his face to be polite. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and plopped on the sofa next to Junmyeon

 

“Hyung at least for today spare us from your business talk.”

 

His brother groaned and tackled him in a headlock

 

“Yes I’ll stop but where the heck were you kyungie-ah? I know you’re busy and don’t say that I’m complaining we both live in Seoul couldn’t you at least contact me”

 

Kyungsoo tried to pry the arm of his brother off him and he succeeded

 

“I’m sorry hyung but the last few weeks have been really hectic. But I assure you as soon as I’ve got time I’ll contact you.”

 

His brother hummed and so during the 10 minutes Junmyeon was talking to him and Jongin. And through their conversation kyungsoo got to know that Jongin is a CEO too and his company is called ‘Querencia’ and also he noted that Jongin wasn’t exactly ecstatic around him he was either glaring at him when he was talking to brother or he was simply openly scowling at him whenever he could. And this behaviour made Kyungsoo really uncomfortable.

 

After what seemed an eternity finally they were all seated to the dining table, Kyungsoo was sitting next to his brother and across his seat Jongin was sitting next the elder Kim, his grandpa was at the head of the table and signalled that the dinner could be served, the butlers hurried to serve the food. Midway through the dinner Kyungsoo was sipping his wine when his grandpa stood up and cleared his throat, after he gained everyone’s attention he spoke

 

“First of all thank you all for coming here despite having a hectic schedule but after I lost my son I realized that how much it is important to spend some quality time with our family. Today, I decided to announce an important decision that I made with my old friend. 22 years ago in the living room of this house we made a promise to each other and now it’s finally the time to fulfil this promise. The promise may seem cliché or even too farfetched but we want to see it happen in front of our own eyes before we die. The promise is to make our youngest grandsons marry each other.”

 

Jongin had his eyes widened and seemed frozen in shock and kyungsoo who was sipping on his wine choked on his drink. He glanced at his grandfather in shock, the old Do smiled and continued his speech

 

“Jongin and kyungsoo you may think that when we made this promise when we were drunk but no. We both decided to carry on with our long term friendship by making you two get married. The sole purpose of us regrouping the whole family today was to make this announcement and to also announce that tomorrow the wedding will take place at the city hall, an officiate there will be in charge of this wedding”

 

And as if nothing happened the old man sat down and shook hands with his friend who seemed really ecstatic. Jongin who now seemed like he processed everything stood up abruptly and faced his grandfather

 

“What is the meaning of this grandpa? What the heck is this stupid promise? I’m not marrying this… *glances at kyungsoo while scowling* I’m not marrying this person! We don’t even talk to each other and we’re not exactly fond of each other to begin with. I don’t agree to this stupidity!”

 

Kyungsoo also stood up while glaring at Jongin with the murderous expression he could ever muster

 

“I also oppose to this gramps! I’m not gonna marry this person! Come on tell us this is a joke and we’ll carry on with this dinner! If it’s not a joke then let me tell you I’m not interested! I’m not gonna marry this Kim guy! And that’s final”

 

And he sat down on his chair, his mom looked at him with a helpless expression and his brother squeezed his thigh to comfort him. But his grandpa seemed least interested to his distress, he glanced at him and spoke in his serious tone

 

“Never once I made a joke Do Kyungsoo! And you do as I say I won’t back out from this promise! And don’t you dare think to flee from here I’ll castrate you if ever that thought crossed your mind! Do as I say and there’ll be no damages.”

 

Kyungsoo stretched his lips in a thin line knowing that his grandpa is just too obstinate so he’s not gonna do anything so he sent pleading looks to Jongin, who was still scowling, but still the latter spoke

 

“Grandpa come on just think abou---“

 

“Kim Jongin shut the hell up! The decision’s been made so no we’re not gonna change our mind! And if you think that running away will solve this matter you’re wrong! I’ll disinherit you from my family take Querencia back and I’m not joking!”

 

Jongin grew pale and stayed mum. And the dinner went on like this in a quiet atmosphere.

 

That night both of them laid awake on their bed thinking about what will happen now after they will get married? The next day they got dark circles under their eyes and were asked to get dressed in black Armani suits and were directed to the city hall of Suncheon. The wedding happened in a blur, they signed on the registry, repeated their vows, exchanged the rings and when it was time to kiss they hesitated but knew it was important to conclude the ceremony, Kyungsoo closed his eyes and waited, Jongin leaned his lips close to kyungsoo’s and pressed them together for a brief minute before he pulled back. The grandpas hugged each other while saying congratulations and the newlyweds were lost on what will happen now that they are married.

~-~

Beautiful mind
Your heart got a story with mine
Your heart got me hurting at times
Your heart gave me new kind of highs
Your heart got me feeling so fine
So what to do
Still falling for you

Kyungsoo found himself in a huge dilemma, in less than 24 hours he was married to practically a stranger and he wasn’t sure on what he was supposed to do. As soon as the reception of their wedding ended Jongin was asked to sleep in kyungsoo’s room as now they’re married. As soon as Jongin came in the room he didn’t utter a word, he simply opened his duffle bag that he brought, took out a pair of change and headed in the washroom and after he was done he flashed a last glare to kyungsoo before he got onto the bed while pulling the comforter over his body and turned around to face the wall.

Kyungsoo who was glued to the ground was beyond shocked, he mentally began to curse the younger yet he did the same, he changed into comfy clothes and got onto the bed which was slightly narrow, he groaned a little and turned his back against the other. Kyungsoo was lost, what was going to happen now? His husband surely hates him as he’s been scowling and glaring at him since they met. And to make it more difficult he didn’t utter a word to him and just went to bed.

 

In the darkness of the room kyungsoo was wide awake, he could hear Jongin’s light snores, but he wasn’t able to fall asleep, he was full on blaming his grandpa to put him in this situation. How was he supposed to spend his time with a person who seems to hate his existence? He tossed a bit in the bed trying to find a good position to sleep but he couldn’t his mind was filled with what ifs and what will happen as soon as they reach Seoul. He tried to close his eyes for like 15 minutes but to no avail he wasn’t able to sleep, he cursed silently and got down the bed. He wasn’t going to spend his night next to a man who wasn’t worrying for their future and just went to sleep as if nothing happened.

 

Kyungsoo made his way towards the stairs and mentally noted that he will sleep on the couch. As soon as he reached the living room he noticed that the room was dim lighten and his brother was lying down on the sofa bed while typing something on his laptop. Work probably that’s what he thought. He approached the couch without making any noise and lied down on his back, up till now it seemed that his brother didn’t notice his presence. He brought his arm over with head and closed his eyes and was listening closely to the sound of his brother typing,

 

“Hyung why are you such a work addict?”

 

The typing sounds seemed to pause momentarily and then it resumed,

 

“If I don’t work Saudade will go bankrupt overnight kyungsoo”

 

“Yea and if grandpa catches you with a laptop and working he’ll kick your and throw your laptop! You know how strict he is with people working in our break right?”

 

“Yea but the company won’t wait! If I miss something Saudade will be doomed”

 

“You’re such a worrywart hyung! But prevention is better than cure right?”

 

Junmyeon chuckled and looked at his brother’s posture,

 

“Soo why don’t you take your own proverb into consideration? Why are you here to begin with? Weren’t you supposed to sleep with your hubby currently?”

 

Kyungsoo hissed and then sighed

 

“No! He hates me! All he’s been doing is either glare or scowl at me. And can you believe it up till now he didn’t utter one word to me he changed, glared at me and then got under the covers.”

 

“You could atleast talk to him soo-ah”

 

“Why should I make the first move? It should be him that bastard! I don’t understand why he’s so hostile with me to begin with!”

 

Junmyeon sighed and closed his laptop’s lip softly,

 

“Soo look at me”

 

“No! Don’t wanna. Talk and I’ll be listening”

 

“! Anyway, you guys are newlyweds now and you shouldn’t be so hostile towards each other. Don’t forget that it’s an arranged marriage Soo and if it’s not him you could at least make the first move to not make things awkward. Try to understand the concept that you guys are complete strangers so it’s normal he’ll act like this. But you can be nice and try to take a step towards him, talk to him so that once you reach Seoul you’ll know what will happen. Will you guys live in your or his apartment? Or you’ll live separately. You do it and see what will be the outcome”

 

Kyungsoo bit his inside cheeks when he heard his brother talking about him making the first move. He didn’t want to do it but he knew that if he doesn’t comply he’ll never know what will happen. He sighed and mumbled

 

“Okay I’ll talk to him in the morning”

 

“Good boy! Now shoo go to your room”

 

“Na! The couch is comfy!”

 

Junmyeon shook his head and lifted the lid of his laptop to resume his work,

 

“Soo you know you can talk to me at any time of the day right? I’ll always be here to listen to you”

 

Kyungsoo who was somehow sleepy hummed leaving his brother with a small smile on his face.

 

(Time skip: Morning Time)

 

Kyungsoo was rudely awaken with somebody shaking his arm violently, he groaned and tried to turn his back but the vice grip didn’t loosen on his arm, groaning again he opened his eyes slightly and he was met with zombified Junmyeon,

 

“What the heck hyung!”

 

His brother groaned and yanked him into a sitting position

 

“Go to your room now! I heard gramps saying that he will go and wake the newlyweds up! So quickly raise your from this couch and sprint to you room, get on the bed and act like you’re asleep! Move!”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t need to be told twice he dashed towards the stairs and sprinted towards his room, he opened the door softly and peeked inside, Jongin was still asleep with his leg hanging outside. Kyungsoo groaned and got inside while closing the door behind him, he looked at the sleepy man and sighed, carefully he took hold of Jongin’s leg and placed it on the bed, and then he got on bed and lied down while closing his eyes. Mentally he began to praise himself for being so quick, he knew if Junmyeon didn’t wake him up and his grandpa found out that he wasn’t sleeping in his room the old man would’ve thrown a fit so early in the morning.

 

A few minutes went by and he could finally hear the footsteps climbing up the stairs, he sighed but still acted like he was still fast asleep. And a few seconds passed and his bedroom door was slammed open. “Way to go gramps no sense of decency at all!” Next to him he felt Jongin stir but it was clear that the latter was still fast asleep. He could hear his grandpa advancing towards his bed and the old man stopped right next to the bed.

 

“Yah wake up you punk”

 

And he felt a punch on his shoulder, kyungsoo groaned and woke up by rubbing the area where his grandpa hit him

 

“Gramps what the heck?”

 

The old man was grinning and then looked at Jongin who was still sleeping through all the noise,

 

“Soo-ah wake your husband up”

 

Kyungsoo tightened his gaze at his grandpa and said

 

“Eh no! Do it yourself”

 

In return he received a glare from the old man, sighing to himself Kyungsoo brought his hand to jongin’s shoulder and shook him a little,

 

“Jongin-ssi wake up”

 

The latter groaned but still didn’t wake up, kyungsoo tried again for a few times and finally Jongin opened his eyes, he looked around him feeling confused a little but soon realization hit him, he abruptly got into a sitting position,

 

“Good morning Jongin-ah”

 

Jongin looked at the old man and then cast a glance to his husband

 

“Morning Sir”

 

“Call me grandpa like kyungsoo does Jongin-ah! After all your soo-ah’s husband now son”

 

Jongin sighed and managed to give the old man a small smile and nodded.

 

“Good! Get ready we’ll have breakfast and leave and oh by the way when you guys reach Seoul don’t go to your own apartments! Kugyeol and I bought an apartment already for both of you! If ever you need to take your things do so, but only take the essentials! The apartment is already well equipped.”

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin looked at each other clearly none of them were elated by the arrangement but they knew they had to comply with it.

 

(Time Skip: Same Day. Location: The New apartment)

Jongin was frustrated why? Because he had to leave his expensive condo where he was enjoying his privacy. He was also frustrated because of the person who recently became his husband. He was angry by the fact that this person will be involved in his life and if he wants a divorce his grandpa wouldn’t wait to disinherit him from the family but will also snatch his precious Querencia from him. And no he can’t let this happen but at the same time he doesn’t want to do anything with this man who’s got his name attached to his.

 

Before Kyungsoo could even reach the apartment, jongin had already made all the arrangement from Suncheon, he asked his best friend/director Yixing to pack all his essential things and bring it to the new apartment. When he arrived the apartment building where he was about to start his new life he sighed, the outer look of the complex screamed expensive, he already knew that what he’ll see inside will surprise him, so he parked his car in the underground parking lot and made his way towards the elevator which was completely made of glass clearly giving a beautiful panoramic view of Seoul skyline. The apartment was on the 18th floor and this made Jongin groan luckily for him the elevator’s speed was rather fast.

 

As he entered the apartment he was gobsmacked by the interior of the apartment, it was simple yet very sophisticated and classy. Jongin was impressed, he then glanced at his best friend who was sitting on the couch while tapping away something on his phone

 

“So care to tell me what’s up with the sudden move Jongin?”

 

“I got married that’s what happened!”

 

Yixing glanced at Jongin in shock and then chuckled

 

“Yea as if I’m gonna believe you! Bastard!”

 

Jongin groaned and held up his hand by pointing his finger where a platinum ring was now residing, Yixing gasped and ran towards his friend by holding his hand

 

“Don’t tell me you got someone pregnant! no you can’t! No I mean gosh you didn’t mistakenly slept with a girl right? Don’t tell me she’s pregnant so you were forced to marry her or worse did one of your one night stand sneakily recorded you 2 going at it like bunnies and then threatened you that if you don’t marry him he’ll send this video to your grandpa? Are you---“

 

“Shut the up xing! No! No one’s pregnant you know that I don’t do girls even if I’m drunk or not! And no, no videos were recorded while I was having with a complete stranger and nor he threatened me to give it to grandpa! And lastly no to any of your ridiculous assumptions! I got married to a sort of stranger that I know from my childhood in Suncheon”

 

Yixing who was still clutching the hand of Jongin was still processing the information, but at the same time the entrance of a short male distracted him, the man was pleasing enough at first sight but he couldn’t comprehend why the man was glaring at him. He unintentionally pouted, Jongin who was watching his reaction was perplexed by the reaction of his friend he turned around and saw that Kyungsoo was standing in the middle of the living room holding a cage with a little hamster inside. He groaned and rolled his eyes,

 

“Well Yixing he’s the one I married! Kyungsoo”

 

Yixing nodded and released jongin’s hand, he advanced towards kyungsoo and held out his hand,

 

“Hello Kyungsoo-ssi, my name is Zhang Yixing your husband best friend and the director of Querencia.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and shook the hand of Yixing

 

“I’m Do…Kim Kyungsoo and I’m a doctor currently working at Seoul Hospital”

 

Yixing squealed by clapping his hands together, Jongin’s husband is not only attractive but he’s got such a manly voice too. He smiled delightedly when he saw the small pet moving along his cage, he cooed, the hamster was so fluffy and cute

 

“Kyungsoo-ssi who’s this little guest?”

 

“Ah sorry. He’s my hamster Mongshil”

 

“Whoa he’s so fluffy and cute”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and glanced at Jongin who looked so bored, he was nervous, he remembered what his brother told him so he cleared his throat and spoke

 

“Jongin-ssi did you bring all your things?”

 

And he bit his lip in nervousness seriously why was Jongin glaring at him? He mentally regretted to initiate the conversation. Yixing who seemed to catch up the atmosphere laughed awkwardly and said bye as there’s loads of work pending in the office. As he closed the door the apartment was filled with complete silence, kyungsoo began to shift from foot to foot under the glare of Jongin. The only sound that could be heard was the faint traffic noise and the occasional squeaks coming from Mongshil. Jongin cleared his throat and spoke

 

“I have some rules that you need to follow before we start living together. And let me make it clear I won’t tolerate any excuses if ever my rules got broken. Are you ready?”

 

Kyungsoo frowned a little and was about to retaliate but then again he remembered what Junmyeon said so he stayed quiet and also it’s been the longest sentence Jongin spoke since they met. So while biting back his anger, he nodded.

 

“Good! First rule, for the world we may be husbands but here in this apartment we’re mere strangers. Second rule, I’ve no obligations towards you, an exception will be made if ever grandpa request us to attend any official function or family reunions. Third, I won’t act like your husband so don’t expect any sort of physical approach from me. Fourth, I won’t stop having one night stands. And lastly if ever you need to speak to me go through Yixing unless it is important you may call me, again go through Yixing to ask for my number. And we’re done! Do you have any questions?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with a look of disbelief even if they didn’t know each other that doesn’t mean that his husband is allowed to cheat right?

 

“We’re married Jongin-ssi I don’t think I can comply with the 4th rule.”

 

Jongin groaned while making his way towards kyungsoo, he locked his gaze with the shorter male and replied

 

“I hate you! And I won’t satisfy my needs with someone I despise so much. I don’t wanna fall that low! So yes I’ll be sleeping around and also a mere ring on my finger doesn’t tie me down to you. Is that clear?”

 

And as if nothing happened, Jongin made his way towards the hallway but before going into the master room he said

 

“Oh and by the way kyungsoo-ssi we won’t share the master room, Yixing already put my things there so you take the guest room. And my room will be off limits to you so don’t ever try to invade my privacy you need something you knock if I don’t answer that means I don’t want to deal with you.”

 

Kyungsoo heard the bedroom’s door slam shut, he sighed dramatically. He went towards the guest room and inspected it, the guest room wasn’t that bad, actually he loved it, the room was quite cosy, he had a great view of the skyline and he was elated that the room came with a small balcony, he didn’t need more. But even if Kyungsoo was elated that he had such a nice room, he couldn’t help himself from feeling a sting to his heart.

He settled Mongshil’s cage on the night table and took the little pet out of his cage, he cradled his hamster against his chest and fell back on the bed. He softly brought his index to the hamster’s fluffy fur and began to stoke his head gently, the furry animal let out a tiny squeak but didn’t move. Kyungsoo began to think back on the conversation that Jongin and he had. His heart felt heavy and didn’t understand the reason on why was he feeling like this? Wasn’t marriage a sacred bond? Even if they both didn’t give their consent for this wedding it wasn’t fair to make fun of it. He barely remembers his parents’ relationship but by the way his grandpa or even his mom talked about their relationship with their partner he knew it was something meaningful that needs to be respected. He sighed for umpteenth time today. He glanced at his small hamster who was asleep on his chest, he smiled slightly and whispered softly

 

“Guess it’s just gonna be you and me all over again Mongshil-ah”

 

The only thought that Kyungsoo had on his mind was what is going to happen? Will his life get more complicated especially with a husband who doesn’t want him, respect him and without any obvious reason hates him? No he wasn’t ready to face this.

~-~

It took us a while
With every breath a new day
With love on the line
We've had our share of mistakes
But all your flaws and scars are mine
Still falling for you

(Time Skip: 2 months after the wedding)

Jongin was currently in his office, it was lunch time but he was still busy paying close attention at the financial reports and it irked him that the profits weren’t what he expected. He clicked his tongue and slammed the file on his desk,

 

“Jongin take a break man! The profits are great compared to last month!”

 

Jongin took off his reading glasses and loosen his tie, Yixing was making his way towards his desk with a tray in his hand. He rolled his eyes but nevertheless cleared the table from the files. Yixing placed the tray on the table and glared at Jongin

 

“Don’t tell me you had another fling last night?”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes at his friend and said

 

“How did you know?”

 

“You little you have a huge hickey on your neck! Man can you stop that for once? You’re married to such a handsome man and you’re cheating on him behind his back! What the is wrong with you?”

 

Jongin groaned but nevertheless he opened his lunchbox and was once again shocked, when did Kyungsoo found time to make all this food when he was a full time working doctor? Still he couldn’t get enough of Kyungsoo’s homemade food it’s really yummy,

 

“To answer your question xing kyungsoo is aware that I’m having one nightstands so technically I’m not cheating and no during these for 2 months I only went halfway meaning I was either getting a or ing and I was done.”

 

Yixing looked scandalized by the sudden revelation he sat down on the chair in front of the CEO’s desk and said

 

“Y-you didn’t have any penetrative for 2 months? Are you joking with me? Anyways that’s not the point what you did or doing is still considered to be cheating! Don’t do that man it’s not cool instead it will bring down your reputation and god forbids if your grandpa gets to know this I’m afraid of what the outcome will be. Mend your ways Jongin, mend it before you realize what you’ll lose. I can see how Kyungsoo is working hard to establish your relationship on a new level. Try to acknowledge his efforts and stop hating him for that stupid grudge you’re holding since your childhood.”

 

Jongin groaned and carried on eating his tteokbokki, Yixing who was desperately waiting for Jongin’s response got fed up and went away. Jongin watched his friends retreating back but he could never tell Yixing that he was aware that during these 2 months kyungsoo was following all his rules and never questioned him, he was also aware that in the morning whenever they were having their breakfast Kyungsoo’s eyes were always trailing from his jawline to his collarbones where sometimes there were a few hickeys. And he also noticed how Kyungsoo would always try to make a small conversation but he was always acting indifferent to his advances. But there was one thing that was irking him was that why wasn’t he able to go all the way with his flings. Every time he was about to do the act, his eyes will always land on the platinum ring and kyungsoo’s hurtful orbs will flash in front of his eyes leaving him with no choice. He just didn’t have the heart to do it so he was simply leaving the hotel room with a little guilt on his conscience. And this wasn’t making him happy it irked him that Kyungsoo was stirring such emotions in him he couldn’t help but despise the doe eyes male a little more.

 

(Time Skip: Same day in the afternoon. Location: Jongin’s office)

 

Jongin was going through a meeting in his office when suddenly his office’s door got slammed opened,

 

“Jongin!”

 

It was Kyungsoo who came rushing in, Jongin was by now fully frustrated he was already irritated with the conversation that he had with Yixing and now the cause of his frustration came in without any permission and dared to interrupt his meeting. His husband was so gonna get it. He stood up by slamming his hand on the desk, he advanced towards Kyungsoo who was about to say something but he cut him

 

“Who the do you think you are? I already told you to inform Yixing whenever you’re coming here or whatsoever! Why the can’t you understand I’m not interested in you? Why don’t you get it that you’re just another burden that my grandfather forced on me! Why are you hell-bent trying to be a nice husband? I told you since day one that I’m not gonna play this husband-husband game with you! Then why are still trying to impose yourself on me? For sake stop it! I didn’t know you were such an attention ! How could you come here and abruptly stop me in the middle of an important meeting! What was so urgent that you had to show me your frigging face huh?”

 

Kyungsoo balled his hands into fists and controlled himself, Yixing by now signalled all the staffs to get out, but before following the others he casted Jongin a disapproving look. Shortly when the office was empty except from Jongin and him. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and talked

 

“I didn’t have any intention on coming here Jongin. I’ve tried to reach you on your mobile and I tried to call Yixing too but neither of you picked up. My sole purpose to interrupt you at such a time is that to tell you that your grandpa suffered from a mild heart attack and right now he’s under observation at Seoul hospital. So i decided to come here to fetch you. That’s all.”

 

Jongin was shocked when he heard that his grandpa was admitted in the hospital, he watched Kyungsoo reaching his door, he was about to stop him but kyungsoo turned around talked instead with a hurtful expression on his face,

 

“I don’t know the reason why you hate me so much? But I understood from day one what you expected from me the least you could do was at least respect me in front of your staff. Is that too much to ask? I know that I’m just a piece of trash in your eyes but I’ve got my self-respect too, I’m not your ing toy put that in your head. I let you do whatever you ing wanted to do! You wanted to people outside I let you, you wanted to act as strangers I did, you wanted to act in front of our family I did. What more do you want from me Jongin-ah? I’m human too, I’ve got feelings too, I can get hurt, I can be left with scars too. Don’t act as if you’re the only one who’s affected with this bloody arranged marriage! I fulfil the role of being your husband dutifully because I grew up by listening to my grandpa and mom talking about their partners so fondly and how a marriage is an important phase in a person’s life as it helps you to grow up with someone and advance together with their different. But I guess we’re too different to be like them with you being a colossal I don’t even want to try anymore! I’m tired! And your grandpa is on the 3rd floor room number 26! Go meet him”

 

And with that kyungsoo opened the door, leaving Jongin in guilt and shame.

~-~

It took us a while
Cause we were young and unsure
With love on the line
What if we both would need more
But all your flaws and scars are mine
Still falling for you

After kyungsoo said what was on his heart the only thing that was on his mind is to be far away from this man who dared to insult him infront of all his staffs. He got into the elevator waited for it to reach in the underground parking, when the lift finally stopped he dashed towards his SUV, opened the driver’s side door, got inside and as he sat down he slammed his fists repeatedly against the steering wheel, he was angry, he felt humiliated yet he couldn’t utter a word. He was concerned for the elder kim’s health that’s why he came to fetch his husband after he wasn't picking up his phone but what Jongin did today reached the limits. His husband is an and he would never change. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and turned the ignition on so that he could get out of here.

 

(Location: Hospital)

Kyungsoo was next to the elder Kim’s bed and was looking at his health prognostic board, he clicked his tongue,

 

“Did you take your medicines on time for the past few days?”

 

The old man chuckled and looked a kyungsoo with a small smile,

 

“Kyungsoo you and I we’re both aware that I don’t have a long way to go. What’s the use of taking medicines if it’s not gonna make any difference.”

 

“Then why bother breathing when you’re gonna die eventually one day!”

 

The old man was taken off-guard but nevertheless laughed a bit liking that streak of sassiness in his grandson’s husband, in mean time his room door slide open revealing Jongin coming rushing in with a concerned look on his face, he sat down on the chair by the bed of his grandpa and took hold of his hand he said

 

“What happened to you grandpa? Are you okay?”

 

The old man stayed mum and took his hand away from his grandson’s grasp

 

“Jongin I’m no longer young these type of things are bound to happen. Isn’t it Kyungsoo-ah?”

 

Jongin perked up by the mention of the name of his husband, he glanced at the direction his grandpa was looking, he gulped kyungsoo was dressed with his white coat and was now wearing his glasses which really made him attractive but still he cleared his throat and talked

 

“What happened exactly?”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t make any contact with his husband as if he did he would have launched the health board on his husband’s face. So to divert his frustration he began to scribble on the board while answering mechanically

 

“He skipped his medicines for a few days so this is what provoked a mild heart attack. For now he’s lucky that there’s no complications, but still the attack was a bit alarming so I’ll request a neurologist to see if ever his brain is affected. And he’s going to be under observation for 3 days.”

 

Kyungsoo signed the board and hanged it in front of the bed, he looked at the elder kim while trying his best not to have any eye contact with his husband who was clearly looking at him

 

“And yes I’ll change your medicines so that in the future we’ll try to avoid such alarming situations. And when we were doing your tests we noticed that your left artery is 75% blocked so I’ll discuss with my superior in order to decide whether we’ll do a bypass. But rest assured for now it’s not that alarming but still I don’t want to take any risk. That’s all for now I’ll come to check on you in 2 hours and if ever you need anything press the bell button a nurse will assist you.”

 

“Thank you kyungsoo-ah. I trust you”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and made his way out by closing the door behind him. He walked towards the nurse station and notified them about the older Kim and asked them to take attend all the request of the man. Kyungsoo was about to walk towards his cabin when he heard his husband calling him, he stopped and turned around

 

“Can we talk?”

 

“About what?”

 

“Grandpa”

 

“Okay. Come in my cabin”

 

As they got inside, kyungsoo went to sit on his seat and mentioned Jongin to take a sit in front of his desk

 

“So what do you want to know?”

 

“Is there anything that you’re hiding and not telling grandpa? You suggested to appoint a neurologist is it that alarming?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and brought his hand to his temple and massaged it slightly, he took a deep breath and locked his gaze with his husband who was clearly looking so scared for the well-being of his grandpa

 

“Your grandpa is 88 years old Jongin! He should be aware that he should not play around especially when it comes to his medicines. He didn’t take his medicines for a week and clearly it’s not good. Those clearly helps to reduce the chance of a heart attack occurring. And the was somehow alarming, it momentarily stopped the brain from giving instructions for his body to move so this is what alarmed me.”

 

Jongin gasped and took a deep breath,

 

“Will he be okay? Is the neurologist a good one? I--- I don’t w-want to lose my grandpa you… y-you’ll cure him right? You won’t make him suffer because of my ty attitude right?”

 

Kyungsoo could see that Jongin was panicking so he took hold of his husband’s hand and squeezed it gently,

 

“Jongin whatever happens between you and me will never get into the way of my professional life. But don’t worry I’ll make sure that your grandpa will be fine, and the neurologist is a friend of mine, his name is Chanyeol and he’s got more than 5 years of experience in this field so trust me he’s good. Don’t stress”

 

Jongin nodded but suddenly leaned his forehead on their hands and let out a tiny sob,

 

“I don’t want to lose him. Grandpa is my everything Kyungsoo, he’s my only family”

 

Kyungsoo brought his free hand to jongin’s head and patted it softly

 

“Hey hey now. Grandpa would be fine no need to cry. I told you right I’ll take good care of him so don’t cry”

 

Jongin nodded but nevertheless didn’t move, which made kyungsoo a bit uncomfortable,

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

“Yea?

 

“Can you forgive me for today and the last 2 months?”

 

“Why? If your grandpa wouldn’t have landed here you wouldn’t have said that in any case. So I need you to get out of my cabin. We’re done”

 

Jongin pulled back and cleared his tears,

 

“Won’t you forgive me?”

 

“No! Because you’re a douchebag and I don’t forgive douchebags who humiliated me and treated me as a piece of ! And also I don’t want to forgive you because youre clearly doing that out of poor selfishness, I’m helping your grandpa and to repay whatever you’ve done to me you want me you forgive you so easily. No. So get the out of here”

 

Jongin shook his head and still held onto kyungsoo’s hand

 

“I know I’ve been so bad to you for the past 2 months. I know I’m a douchebag and imposed my selfish rules for the first day we moved in together. I know I’ve hurt you when I said I’m gonna sleep around and in that way I mocked our wedding, but please I have it on my conscience, I’m aware of all your efforts to make our relationship work but I’ve been so rude to you. Yixing talked to me about it this morning and I know I’m being stupid. But please can’t you at least forgive me?”

 

Kyungsoo threw a scrutinizing look to Jongin, he could see that the latter was clearly regretting everything but what caught his eye was the bright red hickey adorning his husband’s neck and he felt disgusted, he retracted his hand from Jongin’s hold, momentarily shocking his husband

 

“Kyung---“

 

“Get out Jongin! Get out! I don’t want to have this conversation right now! Maybe when I’ll come home at night we’ll talk but for now leave. I don’t want to hit you and create a scene in my workplace. So leave without me creating a scene”

 

Jongin saw the look on his husband’s face and knew that there was no room for any arguments, he sighed and went out while almost bumping into a man he muttered a sorry and walked towards his grandpa’s room.

 

(Time Skip: Night time. Location: Their apartment)

Kyungsoo reached their shared apartment with a heavy heart, he didn’t have the heart to confront Jongin but he knew that they should talk and clear everything even if it means that one would need to let go. He got inside and noticed that the lights was on, and heard the clanking of utensils from the kitchen, he walked towards the kitchen and saw that Jongin was moving around the kitchen clearly the latter was making dinner,

 

“What are you making?”

 

Jongin turned around and smiled a little

 

“Ah you’re home. Well I bought some pork ribs now I’m making jjigae a recipe that I learned from Yixing.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and walked towards the fridge, opened it and took out a bowl of cut carrots,

 

“Well you carry on, I’ll go feed Mongshil and then freshen up”

 

“Yea sure go ahead. When you comeback dinner would be ready”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and made his way towards his room, he switched on the lights and noticed that Mongshil was moving around his cage, he chuckled and took out the small bowl of food from the cage, filled it with carrot cubes and put it inside, his pet ran towards the bowl and began to hungrily munch on the carrot cubes. Kyungsoo smiled and took a pair of change while walking towards the washroom.

After he was done he walked out of his room and made his way towards the kitchen where Jongin already arranged the table and was waiting for him,

 

“Hey sit down so we can eat”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and he sat down, jongin took a bowl and began to serve him jjigae he made, he placed the bowl in front of kyungsoo and handed him a pair of chopsticks and one spoon,

 

“Be careful it’s hot”

 

Once again Kyungsoo nodded and tentatively tried to sip on the jjigae the taste wasn’t that bad so he carried on eating it

 

“How is it?”

 

“It’s good not too spicy but you put loads of meat I like it”

 

“Thanks I’m glad you like it”

 

Kyungsoo hummed and they both ate in silence after they were done, kyungsoo offered to wash the dishes, Jongin protested but his husband shut him up by saying that he cooked the least he could do was wash the dishes. Jongin quietly went back to his seat and looked at his husband doing the dishes, he began to fiddle with his fingers not knowing how to bring up the conversation they left in the hospital. But before he could open his mouth Kyungsoo spoke with his back still facing him

 

“So why do you need me to forgive you so much? As far as I know you hate me and you don’t want to step that low and talk to me. So why now?”

 

“K-kyungsoo I know that I’ve been so harsh with you, I’m aware that we started off badly and I admit that it’s mainly my fault, but today after I humiliated you in front of my staffs you stayed through all of it and calmly announced that my grandfather was in the hospital and the way you talked to me on how you have feelings and I’ve hurt you it made me realize that I’m being so hostile with you. I can’t say that I like you but can we at least start of by knowing each other and moving on as husbands”

 

Kyungsoo calmly completed his task and after he was done he dried his hands with the towel and sighed,

 

“Let’s go to the living room it’ll be more comfortable to talk”

 

Jongin nodded and moved towards the living room and sat on the couch. Shortly after Kyungsoo did the same, he took a deep breath and said

 

“Jongin you do realize that you treated me like a piece of right? You do realize that it won’t be easy for me to forgive you so easily. Especially after knowing you… you openly cheated on me countless of times during these 2 months. I don’t think I can do that… the only thought of you cheating disgust me immensely, I guess I could’ve accepted the other rules but not the 4th one which is cheating, I made it perfectly clear on our first day here. Now put yourself in my shoes would you forgive me if ever I did that to you, imposing my selfish rules on you, telling you that I’ll have flings and you can only contact me through my friend. Or worse I told you I hate you and don’t want to do anything with me. Would’ve you forgive me if I asked you to? No! So no I can’t! I can’t not after you took me for granted.”

 

Jongin bit his lip in guilt and could feel his chest tightening. What did he do? Why did he do this? If he tells kyungsoo the truth would things change?

 

“Kyungsoo I’m sorry extremely sorry. I didn’t want to do this to you intentionally but the grudge that I held against you kept me blinded. I was so blinded that I wanted to make you suffer. Now that I think about it, it seems meaningless and I feel guilty. Trust me I feel like for doing this to you.”

 

Kyungsoo seemed puzzled, what is his husband talking about. Grudge? He tightened his gaze at the latter and said

 

“What grudge are you talking about?”

 

Jongin gulped and locked his gaze with his husband

 

“Whatever I’m gonna say don’t interrupt me okay, you listen and then decide if you wanna forgive me or not… When I was barely one my parents died in a car slide accident in Suncheon, I was left with my grandparents at that time. My grandma was the one who took care of me up till the age of 5 and one day she disappeared, she died due to a long term disease and I saw my grandpa mourning for her death it was something really heart-wrenching for me to watch. From the age of 5 I was moving from Seoul to Suncheon and abroad all the time, grandpa was a CEO and was the only person I could rely on. Can you imagine, I never had friends due to the fact that we were moving so much.

I was so lonely and considered my grandpa as my only family as it was only the 2 of us, then one day the vacant house next to ours was filled with people and coincidentally it was you guys and grandpa was so elated to have his friend with him. I remembered how happy I was to see grandpa being so happy, at first I was okay with it but then again when time started to go by I noticed how grandpa was neglecting me and was dedicating his full time to his friend, I was suddenly someone who was invisible for him, and whenever he was coming back home he would talk about you. Yea surprisingly you he will always go on with you know jongin-ah kyungsoo is so cute. You know jongin-ah kyungsoo reads a lot, you know jongin-ah kyungsoo is such an obedient child and this went on and on with kyungsoo this, kyungsoo that. I grew to hate this name and the person, whenever I saw you I couldn’t help myself but glare at you because my grandpa was spending all his time around you and your family, and the way he was always praising you in front of me made me despise you so much because I wanted my grandpa to praise me too, I wanted him to spend time with me, I wanted to sit on his lap where he will talk about his childhood or whatsoever, but no he never did that to me, he was doing it with you.

 

So I hated you, I build up this grudge as I grew up promising myself to work hard so that my grandpa will notice me but still I was never enough, he would speak so fondly of you speaking about your good grades and compared you to me which got me more angry. So when I reached high school I knew that being the good boy will not make him notice me so I decided to be a brat, I knew that I wasn’t straight per say, so by that time I knew a few people in grandpa’s circle who weren’t straight. And like this I allowed myself to be taken by a man who was in his forties, grandpa knew about it but he didn’t do anything he still talked about you, and it irked me, so I did something more extra, I started to smoke cigarettes and drink but still grandpa was immune to it and I was miffed, my last retort was to do something more explicit and I did it, I smoked synthetic drugs and passed out, the next day I woke up in the hospital, grandpa was angry and said why I couldn’t be a good kid like you. And I sincerely hated him for that, I left the house and lived with Yixing who was living all by himself but you can say that old habits never die so I continued to sleep around, smoked cigarettes, going to parties but with Yixing by my side he encouraged me to study and I did, surprisingly enough I was able to go to university and graduated.

 

Grandpa didn’t say anything nor he said he was proud of me, he just told me to work as a trainee in his company and I did, after 3 years he came up to me and asked me to be the CEO as it was a wish of grandma, and when I asked him what he thought he said he only did it for the sake of the wish and he was unlucky to have to deal with a brat again leading you to our conversation. And I hated you more because half of my life I was proving my grandpa that I was as good as you but it never happened, I stopped caring all together. But after they announced the marriage I was miffed by it because the cause of all my miseries was now my husband I wanted to make you suffer and I did, but deep inside I knew you weren’t at fault, you weren’t even aware of what was happening to me. I guess I was so obsessed with the idea of getting better than you and grandpa would notice me I ended up hurting you. And for this I’m sorry kyungsoo. But today when grandpa landed up in the hospital I was freaked out, because he’s still the only family I have, I saw how you took care of him and you came to search for me, I appreciated the way you treated him and me by reassuring how everything would be okay. That’s then I realized that I’ve been so wrong for taking it on you, now I understand why grandpa likes you its because you’re kind, mature, knows how to be responsible and you’re certainly not childish nor a brat like me. So once again Kyungsoo I apologize for everything”

 

Kyungsoo who listened to Jongin could only feel his chest constricting jongin suffered a lot, even if it was self-inflicted Jongin suffered. He could now stick the missing pieces together, Jongin hating him, making him suffer, being mean to him, now kyungsoo understood everything his husband did all this because he was lonely and craved for attention and love. He released the breath that he was holding in for so long, he went towards his husband who was now looking at his hands in his lap with an unreadable expression, he sighed and sat down next to Jongin and took hold of his hand

 

“All this time you felt so lonely huh?”

 

Jongin looked up and locked his gaze with his husband who was looking sympathetically at him, he bit his lip and nodded

 

“Y-yes I did. I felt so lonely and neglected that I didn’t know what to do. In the process of not knowing what to do I hurt you so much and I can’t even take it back. I’m sorry kyungsoo I’m really am”

 

“I understand Jongin but you can’t change the fact that what you did to me hurt me tremendously. Do you even know how hurt I was knowing that you hated me or even slept around with people? Sometimes when we were eating breakfast I would notice the hickeys on your neck and it disgusted me. What would you do to change this huh? Even after listening to how you felt and how you hated me and for what reason I don’t think we’ll be able to carry on like this”

 

Jongin gasped and then knew that it was too late to change everything, he smiled a little and said with teary eyes,

 

“I couldn’t go all the way with anyone kyungsoo, this ring on my finger stopped me. You remember when I told you that a simple ring on my finger won’t tie me down to you. It was false it stopped me every time, with my flings we did make out and had a hand or here and there but I couldn’t it. I know it still counts as cheating and it won’t change anything. Still I wanted to tell you I didn’t sleep with anyone… I’m aware that you’re currently unhappy Kyungsoo and I made a decision that will free yourself from me. I decided to end this marriage clearly I failed as your husband and I don’t want you to spend your life with a cheater like me. I’ll talk to grandpa tomorrow and explain it to him don’t worry he’ll understand even if will criticize me or disown me I don’t care, I just want you to have a happy life without me being a stain in your life.”

 

Jongin pecked kyungsoo’s forehead and went away leaving kyungsoo in shock with the sudden turn of events. He ran towards the hallway and called out Jongin’s name before the younger could lock himself in his room, his husband stopped and looked at him,

 

“What do you mean you’re divorcing me huh? You’ve tortured me for 2 months and now you wanna act like a Samaritan and divorce me. Like the I’m gonna let this happen. Weddings are not a joke for me you little divorce is not an option here! So just this once only this once I’ll disregard all the you’ve done to me and want to see you making amends to save our already crumbling wedding. So you better man the up and make it up to me. No more fooling around and no more rules if you this up I’ll leave your lonely . Am I clear Kim Jongin?”

 

Jongin cleared his tears away and nodded enthusiastically, he ran towards kyungsoo and hugged him tight. Kyungsoo hesitated a bit but still wrapped his arms around his husband’s waist. That night was the first time Kyungsoo got to sleep in the master room, on the huge king size bed, finally after 2 months he was lying down the bed with his husband spooning him from behind. Even at first if he felt a bit uneasy by the fact that Jongin was spooning him, he instantly knew that the reason the younger was clingy with him was because he’s scared to be lonely, he’s holding on tight to him tonight because he was lonely and craved to be loved as all his life he was busy trying to catch the attention of his grandpa, which made him lonely and neglected all together. Kyungsoo could feel jongn breating lightly behind him tentatively he brought his hand to his husband’s hand and caught his thumb

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What are you thinking? Tell me sincerely”

 

He could feel Jongin tightened his arms around him, but still he sighed and answered in a feeble tone

 

“To be honest with you I don’t know but on the inside I’m feeling completely calm, all this anxiousness about being lonely and craving for love is tamed. For once I feel like I belong to someone…I belong to you. And now I realize that this ring on my finger means a lot to me as it’s a sign that I’m tied to you and I’m convinced that you would love me and give me all the attention in the world even if I’ve been the biggest douchebag on earth.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed and began to think thoroughly about what Jongin just said he could feel a small smile etching on his lips

 

“Jongin you told me you slept with a man from your grandpa’s circle… and I’m not gonna ask you why because I know the reason. But still why this man and not someone else? What went through your head at that time?”

 

“I-I was disgusted to be honest… i-it was my first time with a man and that person only wanted one thing just to get done with it. It happened during Querencia’s 15 years of existence party, I drank a bit and noticed this man who was giving those lusty looks so I played along with it, I went towards him sat on his lap and kissed him right on the lips I could feel his hands caressing my thighs and suddenly he d my and I remember whispering in his ear that we should be alone, and we went to his hotel room, our clothes were scattered all over the floor he threw on the bed made me bend on my knees he didn’t even prepare me and just shoved his in my and pounded into me like an animal, it hurt like hell and I wanted it to stop already as it was a living nightmare, all night long he used me and in the morning he went away without saying anything. I regret it but at the same time I felt satisfied by how my grandpa felt embarrassed when he saw me the next day. And to answer your 1st question if it wasn’t this man I wouldn’t have been able to humiliate my grandpa.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and turned around to face his husband, he noticed that the latter had an unreadable expression on his face, he brought his hand to his husband’s cheek and slide his thumb gently against the smooth skin

 

“Seriously Jongin you’re so stupid for letting this man do this to you… Ugh I don’t know what to say to you anymore. Idiot! But what about the drugs incident did you stop or yo---“

 

“I stopped! That was the only one time I smoked it, I could feel myself suffocating as I inhaled the first puff, I inhaled it and my lungs started to beg for oxygen, I coughed and tried hard to gasp for air until I passed out. And since then never again but I carried on smoking cigarettes for a while and completely stopped when I became a trainee for grandpa’s company”

 

“Well that’s good at least you dropped a bad habit. But seriously Jongin whatever you did even to grab the attention of your grandpa was a bit too extreme. Excuse me to say this and don’t think I’m mocking you or anything but just to prove that you’re better than me you do you realize that you could have died! Synthetic drugs is dangerous and for some who inhaled the substances found in it died on the spot due to a heart attack! I must say you were lucky there that you fainted! Idiot”

 

Jongin chuckled and put his hand over Kyungsoo’s hand feeling the warm spreading in his body,

 

“I’m sorry but I promise you I’ll never do it again. And if ever you want to know about my drinking habits, don’t worry I handle my alcohol well but I only drink for official parties or occasionally at home when Yixing comes over. And also considering my habit of having so many flings I’ll stop it completely. I promise you. Like I said I’m enjoying this feeling of finally belonging to someone. So trust me on this I’ll do my best to be a good husband and solely belong to you”

 

Kyungsoo in returned smiled and drew his face closer to Jongin, he inspected all the features of his husband and he must admit that up close like this Jongin is handsome, feline eyes, perfect plumb lips, a perfect nose and to complement all these features his skin tone was attractively beautiful. But for kyungsoo what made Jongin more handsome was the fact that his husband suffered a lot but still managed to bring himself and admit the truth to him and this made him feel proud of the younger. So he gently nuzzled his nose against the nose of his husband and said softly

 

“You know what Jongin I’m pretty sure that I’ll enjoy being your husband from now on. For once I can proudly call myself as Kim Kyungsoo”

 

Jongin smiled fondly at his husband and pecked his nose,

 

“Yea me too I look forward to it”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and wrapped his arms around his husband, found a comfortable position against the warm chest, yawned and mumbled sleepily

 

“Thanks for opening up to me Jongin ah. You’ve been so courageous!”

 

And within a few seconds he was fast asleep, Jongin who held his breath finally breathed normally and tightened his arms around kyungsoo’s waist and pecked his head. He closed his eyes finally feeling lighter after so many years of yearning for love and attention.

~-~

And just like that
All I feel is you
All I feel is you
You are all for me
No one can lift me, catch me the way that you do
I'm still falling for you

It’s been nearly a year since Jongin’s grandpa was admitted to the hospital and luckily for him the bypass was success and the neurologist cleared him as there’s no complications in his brain and he was free to go. But for Jongin what was important to him was that he opened up to his husband and for him it was one of the best moment of his life. From that day everything changed, he got to know what is it to be loved and being pampered. He was happy that Kyungsoo was his husband as he never left a stone left unturned, he always made sure Jongin was happy, taken care of and never ever made him feel neglected.

 

Currently Jongin was in his office with both his brother in law and Yixing sitting in front of him discussing a project that Sauadade and Querencia will undertake. The 2 companies decided to build a brand new hospital in Suncheon in the memory of Jongin’s parents and Kyungsoo’s dad.

 

“Jongin I was suggesting that maybe we should invest at least 10 million minimum in this project. The hospital construction would in itself cost a lot, but we could try to invest that much and then we’ll add more if it’s needed.”

 

Jongin hummed and signed the cheque and handed it to Yixing

 

“Notify the bank and take Junmyeon with you and go to Suncheon, meet the contractor and the lawyer to see if there’s no complications for the construction and that everything is being held legally.”

 

“Alright! And Jongin for the break in Suncheon, Junmyeon and I will have an announcement. So brace yourself”

 

Jongin smirked at Yixing and said

 

“So you’re finally gonna ask Junmyeon to marry you in front of his family? After all its understandable as you guys been dating for a while now.”

 

Junmyeon chuckled and replied

 

“No jongin ah! We won’t get married. It’s just that we’ve been wanting to make our relationship official so that’s why we both decided to announce it to gramps on our break”

 

“Alright then guys, no matter what I’ll support you”

 

The 2 nodded and went out of the office. Jongin sighed and leaned back on his seat and closed his eyes. But the sudden ding on his mobile gained his attention, he smiled instantly it was a message from his husband

From: Hubby <3

Are we having lunch together 2day?

To: Hubby <3

Yes we are! I’m omw.

And with that he got up took his coat and dashed towards the elevators, after all he didn’t want to make his husband wait.

 

(Time Skip: Same day. Location: Hospital)

Jongin was already in a good mood, on his way to the hospital he bought his husband’s favourite curry ramyeon and chocolate mousse. He made his way towards Kyungsoo’s cabin and saw his husband’s assistant flirting with his boyfriend who’s a neurologist in the same hospital

 

“Yo dumb and dumber”

 

Both turned in shock and faced him, the assistant, Baekhyun held onto his boyfriend’s hand

 

“Hey don’t do that Jongin! What the heck you nearly got me a heart attack!”

 

“Well to avoid this why don’t you take your boyfie and flirt in his cabin! I’m sure no one would disturb you.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and dragged his boyfriend by saying ‘let’s go channie there’s someone getting jealous of our romance’. Jongin rolled his eyes and knocked the door before getting inside, he saw his husband focusing on a report with his reading glasses perched on his nose. He cleared his throat and made his way towards the desk of his husband.

 

“Hey Soo”

 

Kyungsoo looked up at him and smiled, he took of his glasses and cleared the table and mentioned Jongin to sit down

 

“Hey Nini. Hope I didn’t disturb you by asking you to come here?”

 

“Na you didn’t I just ended a meeting with xing and your brother so no biggie”

 

Kyungsoo smiled and open the plastic bag that Jongin brought and began to take out the food containers,

 

“Oh by the way Soo your brother gonna’s make an official announcement”

 

Kyungsoo who was handing Jongin his chopsticks was confused

 

“Official announcement? About what?”

 

“About Xing and him dating”

 

“Oh! That’s good”

 

Jongin smiled and began to much on his ramen but still from time to time he was glancing at his husband who was appreciating every bite of his lunch. Jongin loved to see Kyungsoo eat as his husband’s doe eyes would widen in delight whenever he would take each bite of his food and the way he would munch on his food was in a way attractive for the eyes of Jongin.

 

“Oh by the way Nini I’ve got a late shift tonight so go to bed early and don’t wait up for me. And also for dinner no need to buy any fast food I’ve already made some kimchi spaghetti it’s in the fridge, you just have to heat it and eat.”

 

Jongin smiled fondly at his husband and nodded enthusiastically, but still he voiced out his opinion on his husband’s late shifts

 

“Soo not that I’m complaining but don’t you think that nowadays you’re working too much. It’s been already been a week and you’ve working on double shifts or night shifts mainly. And I kinda hate it! You’re a doctor for god sake and you need a break! I’m very concerned about your health you’re barely getting one or two hours of sleep per day and sincerely those dark circles under your eyes are terrifying you desperately need to rest”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and kept the food container aside, he took hold of jongin’s hand and smiled slightly

 

“I know baby. I’m aware that you’re concerned about me but there’s been a lot of emergency cases lately. Trust me I want to come home and sleep but heck every time I gather my things to come home to you an emergency just pops out. I’ll try to talk to the head and see if I can divide the work with another doctor.”

 

“Promise?”

 

Kyungsoo raised jongin’s hand and pecked it lovingly

 

“Yes baby I promise.”

 

“Alright then. I count on you”

 

“Okay. And how’s the project going on?”

 

“Good! I signed the cheque today so Yixing and Junmyeon went to Suncheon to meet the contractor and the lawyer. If everything is cleared we’ll be able to start the construction”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and took one last bite of his food when his pager beeped, he groaned and got up, by now Jongin was used to these sudden emergencies sighed in disappointment, nevertheless he went towards his husband and cupped his face

 

“I guess I’ll see tomorrow morning then babe?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and nodded, he nuzzled his nose against his husband’s nose and then pecked it

 

“Sadly yes. Sorry baby”

 

Jongin shook his head and pressed his lips against his husband’s lips

 

“It can’t be helped. Anyway I bought your fav Choco mousse eat it when you have time. Okay?”

 

“Hmm I will. Thank you and Nini”

 

“Yea?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled and pecked his husband’s lips and whispered softly

 

“I love you”

 

Jongin grinned happily placed his forehead against kyungsoo’s

 

“And I love you too. Now go make your rounds Doctor Kim”

 

“Okay I’m going. See you tomorrow morning love”

 

“Hmm. Text me when you have time”

 

“I will don’t worry”

 

With one last kiss, Kyungsoo grabbed his coat and stethoscope and went out, leaving a pouting Jongin behind. Dejectedly Jongin threw the empty food containers in the bin, kept the chocolate mousse aside hoping that kyungsoo will have time to eat it. He took his coat and went out not before giving one last glance to his husband’s cabin. He wanted today to pass quickly so that he’ll be able to see his husband tomorrow morning already.

 

(Same day- Location: Their apartment Time: Night)

 

After having lunch with Kyungsoo, Jongin sulkily went to his office, as soon as he sat down his secretary notified him about his meetings with the investors and the other board members. He groaned but nevertheless did his work. Finally he was able to go home around 19:30 p.m. As he got inside, he switched on the lights and sighed dejectedly without kyungsoo around their apartment looks empty.

Still he made his way towards the kitchen, went towards the fridge and took out a bowl of cut carrots. He closed the fridge and walked towards their bedroom where Mongshil is now living. Jongin switched on the lights in the room and advanced the cage of the little pet, the hamster squeaked as soon as he saw him, he chuckled and opened the cage took of the furry pet’s little bowl, put his carrots cubes in it and put the bowl inside. And within a few seconds Mongshil started to eat, Jongin smiled fondly at the cute little pet. Over the year Jongin grew fond of his husband’s pet as he got to know that Kyungsoo bought it as soon as he shifted to Seoul, his husband was feeling lonely so this why he got this little furry pet and he knew how much kyungsoo loved his hamster. Jongin closed the cage and went towards their closet, took a pair of sweatpants and loose shirt and went towards the washroom to freshen up.

After he was done, Jongin went back to the kitchen, took out the food container of kimchi spaghetti put it in the microwave to heat it. In mean time he went towards the living room to switch in the TV, he surfed through the channels and stopped on Nat Geo Wild, he walked back to the kitchen took a glass of water and took out the food container from the microwave. He went back to the living room sat down on the couch and began to watch the documentary on Sharks while eating on the yummy spaghetti that his husband made for him.

After he was done, he went to do the dishes as he didn’t want kyungsoo to throw a fit in the morning. Jongin was aware how kyungsoo is a cleanliness freak. He was placing the plate on the rack when he heard his phone going off, he rapidly ran towards their room to retrieve his phone, as he saw the notifications he sulked, it was a message from his grandpa and Yixing. He opened the first message and groaned

 

From: Grandpa

Jongin confirm the date that kyungsoo & you’ll be free so that we can go to Suncheon

To: Grandpa

Okay! Soo is busy currently still I’ll ask him later.

 

And the other message was from Yixing telling him that everything was okay with the lawyer and the contractor. Jongin was glad and quickly sent a thumbs up and see you soon to his friend. He walked back to the living room by dragging the covers with him, it faintly smelled like the perfume that kyungsoo wore. He wrapped himself in the covers and lied down on the couch and carried on watching the documentary. From time to time jongin glanced at his mobile waiting for a text for his husband as he was feeling kinda lonely. He’s been feeling like this for the past week and he hated it. Kyungsoo is working hard to help people and was saving lives yet Jongin was attached to him so much that he didn’t like to be away from him. He sighed as he never thought that he’ll love someone this much one day, the same person he childishly blamed for all his miseries. But he was glad that he was able to clear everything and now they were able to move on together.

At first it was a bit awkward but soon they both worked together on their feelings and were able to get accustomed to each other and he couldn’t be happier than that. Each day was about discovering something new about his husband and surely this is what Jongin loved the most. As they moved on smoothly there was one thing that Jongin knew his husband was hesitating about and it was the intimacy between them. Yes they hugged and kissed but it never reached to the point where they’ll take it to bed. Jongin knew how much his husband was disgusted by him but still he never lost hope that one day they’ll be able to get over it.

It was nearly 3 months after their talk that kyungsoo and him were able to get intimate together, he was freaked out by the idea that his husband will reject him while doing it but it never happened instead his husband clung onto him by wrapping his legs around his waist urging him to move faster and he complied. But the morning that followed Jongin was freaking out again that his husband will be avoiding him but again it didn’t happen, kyungsoo cuddled with him and then asked him to take a shower with him. Jongin smiled and carried his husband in bridal style and took him to the shower where they had a second round of love making. And for once Jongin felt a connection with his husband, he felt this feeling of belonging to someone and he never ever wanted to let go of this feeling or even let go his husband who made him feel so complete.

Jongin smiled fondly at the memory of cuddling his husband but soon he started to feel sleepy, he stifled a yawn with his palm, the voicer over of the documentary was making him feel sleepy so he grabbed the remote and switched off the lights of the living room. He continued to watch the TV and could feel his eyes closing slowly and he let the sleep take over him with the voice over of the documentary lulling him to sleep completely.

 

(Time Skip: Next morning)

Kyungsoo was worn out, the night shift was really a pain in the as one of the doctors was absent so all night he did the rounds and got a few trivial cases that weren’t that necessary for him to intervene still patients are patients they can’t be ignored. However he was aware that he needed to text Jongin but he couldn’t even have time. He barely have time to eat the chocolate mousse around midnight and as he was about to text his husband his pager beeped again. Sighing dejectedly he went to see what was wrong.

Kyungsoo parked his car and took the elevator that will lead him to the apartment. He couldn’t wait to cuddle with Jongin before the younger wakes up to go to work. As he reached on his floor, he walked towards his apartment and pressed the pin to unlock the door. When he made his way inside he heard that the TV was on, which is weird as Jongin usually sleeps at this time. He took out his shoes and walked towards the living room where he noticed his husband curled up in the covers and was sleeping soundly on the couch. Kyungsoo shook his head and took hold the remote to switch off the tv, he turned around to look at his husband who was still sleeping. He smiled lightly and sat down on the couch and with utmost care placed Jongin’s head onto his lap and ruffled his hair fondly. Jongin always look cute when he’s sleeping he smiled and pecked jongin’s forehead before whispering in his ear.

 

“Nini wake up”

 

Jongin stirred slightly when he heard a soothing voice whispered in his ear, he opened his eyes and was meet with a pair of loving doe eyes staring at him. He squealed and covered his face with his hands,

 

“You’re back”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and pecked his husband on top of his head,

 

“I promised you I will baby”

Jongin hummed and got into a sitting position while facing Kyungsoo. He took hold of his husband’s hand and entwined their fingers, he took a look at kyungsoo’s face and the latter looked really tired the dark circles under his eyes got more prominent and looked paler than usual. He groaned and got up, he lifted kyungsoo in his arms and carried him to their bedroom, he placed him in the middle of the bed and stood up while raising an accusatory finger at his husband

 

“That’s it! I’ve had enough of your double shifts and night shifts! Did you look at your face? I’m sure that the walking dead will cast you in their series as you look like a total zombie! Why can’t you just take a break for once! Your patients won’t die if you rest for one day I’m pretty sure someone else would gladly replace you!”

 

Kyungsoo was about to speak when Jongin raised his hand

 

“Instead of allowing that Baekhyun flirt with his giant with elf ears in the hospital! Give him some work to do for god sake! I won’t tolerate you coming home to me looking so worn out again! So today you’re not allowed to work you’ll sleep the whole day and catch up some sleep and don’t you dare protest I’ll tie you to the bed and force you to sleep! Understood?”

 

Kyungsoo who was taken aback with the sudden outburst of his husband nodded cautiously and lied down properly on the bed when Jongin spoke again

 

“At least take a shower and sleep you’ll feel refreshed.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and took a pair of change with him and walked towards the washroom, Jongin in mean time refed Mongshil and gave him more water. He then walked towards the kitchen took a glass and poured some milk in it and heat it a little and brought it back to the bedroom. He placed it on the night table and then lied down on the bed, shortly Kyungsoo came out, he sighed and sat on the bed

 

“Feeling lighter?”

 

“Yea I am”

 

Jongin smiled lightly and handed the glass of milk to his husband who gladly took it and drank the milk in a single gulp. He kept the glass on the night stand and lied properly on the bed,

 

“Baby can’t we cuddle before you go to work?”

 

“We can Soo. It’s still 05:45 a.m. I’ve got an hour or so.”

 

Kyungsoo seemed please and spread his arms widely, to which Jongin responded while lying on the bed and hugged his husband close to his chest, with one hand he cradled the head of kyungsoo to his chest and with his arm he rubbed his back comfortingly. He pressed a kiss on the top his husband’s head and whispered softly,

 

“Baby grandpa texted me about the break. He wanted to know on which day we’ll be free.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed and rubbed his nose against Jongin’s warm chest

 

“Next Saturday”

 

“Okay. Now sleep baby”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and closed his eyes, the warmth of Jongin made him so sleepy and to be honest he missed these morning where he’ll wake up with his body pressed next to his husband. After a few minutes Jongin could hear the soft snores coming from kyungsoo, he smiled and pulled back a little to find a comfortable position where they both can lie down. Jongin was tempted to stay back home with his husband but he knows Kyungsoo won’t appreciate it and would kick his bum to send him back to work. So right now he contemplated to hug kyungsoo close to him before he goes to work.

~-~

(Time skip: Saturday Location: Suncheon)

All I feel is you
You are all for me
No one can lift me, catch me the way that you do
I'm still falling for you

As this year was special the 2 elders of each family decided that it will be important to have a second break to move back to Suncheon. Finally everybody were ready to go to Suncheon. As they reached to their destination both of the families decided to stay in the Do mansion. Kyungsoo was actually looking forward for this break as currently it would be a first break for both Jongin and him as husbands.

 

He hugged his mom as soon as he saw her and he could see Jongin hesitating to greet his mother. Kyungsoo knew why was his husband was apprehensive as he once mentioned that his mother reminded him of his own mom. Kyungsoo went towards his husband and held his hand he pulled him towards his mom, who seemed confused,

 

“Come on baby tell your mother in law what you wanted to ask her.”

 

 

Jongin seemed to be hesitating but the encouraging smile from his husband and his mother in law encouraged him. He took a deep breath and mumbled

 

“C-can I call you mom?”

 

Time seemed to freeze for him but soon a pair of motherly arms engulfed him in a hug.

 

“Silly boy. Of course you can call me mom”

 

Jongin hugged his mother in law and sniffled a bit, kyungsoo shook his head and then hugged them both tightly. However the moment was cut short when Junmyeon took hold of Yixing’s hand and advanced towards his grandpa and announced his relationship, the old man stayed mum for a while but soon smiled and approved their relationship.

 

Shortly, it was time for lunch, all the members were seated to the dining table, the butlers were serving the food when Jongin’s grandpa talked

 

“Thank you for everything Kyungsoo. Thanks to you. I‘m feeling much better.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled,

 

“I hope you’re not skipping your medications again?”

 

The elder Kim chuckled and glanced at his grandson who was seated to his husband and was eating quietly but from time to time was talking to his mother in law. The old man observed him for a while and then mentioned

 

“So Jongin are you still around?”

 

Both kyungsoo and Jongin froze on their seat, Jongin looked at his grandpa and said

 

“W-what do you mean?”

 

His grandpa smirked and said

 

“Don’t act so innocent Jongin! I’m clearly aware that you continued on having one nightstands even after you were married!”

 

Jongin held on tight his chopsticks and glared at his grandpa direction

 

“Can we please not have this conversation here!”

 

“Why not? Let the Dos’ know how disrespectful you were towards Kyungsoo. I’m still surprised that you came here pretending you’re such a good husband when you did nothing good in your life! Sometimes I ask myself how could I have such a pathetic grandson?”

 

Jongin stood up abruptly startling everyone in the dining room, kyungsoo could sense that Jongin was beyond hurt he held his husband’s hand and tried to make him sit down but the latter didn’t want to

 

“You know what grandpa you can call me anything that you want pathetic or somebody who is around I don’t give a single . After all you weren’t the one who raised me, grandma did! And sometimes I just wanted her to be alive to see what you made me go through”

 

His grandpa got angry and glared at his grandson

 

“So you’re gonna blame me for all the shameful acts you’ve done up till now. If you’re grandma saw this she would’ve the same thought as mine concerning you.”

 

Jongin balled his hands into fists and closed his eyes to calm himself but he couldn’t not after his grandpa humiliated infront of his in-laws.

 

“You know what shut up when you don’t know anything! You’re the reason why I did all those shameful acts like you say. Do even realize how alone I was when grandma died, I had no one you were the only person for me. But what you did you neglected me and compared me to my husband. And you’ve done this all the time that I got fed up. Do you even know how neglected and alone I was when you cast me aside? I agree I’m not as great as Kyungsoo but I’m still your grandson and I expected you to be there and comfort me but you never did it instead you kept on belittling me to the point that I did all those ing things so that you could notice me but still you never cared you never did.

If I didn’t have Yixing at that time I would’ve become the tiest person ever who would drug himself and sleep with people. But no I didn’t do it because somewhere I wanted you to look at me and say it’s gonna be fine Jongin-ah I’m here I’m proud of you. But these words never came out from your mouth even after I graduated you didn’t even congratulate me and you know what I stopped caring all together! I stopped ing trying to get a reaction from you because I knew you’ll never give a single about me. Even if I die tomorrow you wouldn’t share a single tear because you’re like that! I regret it now that I cried in front of kyungsoo when he told me you had a mild heart attack I feel so stupid for still caring when you just ignored me. So stop ing criticizing me and trying to jeopardize my relationship with my in-laws. My husband and I we’ve recently got on good terms and I don’t want your filthy mouth to taint what we have! And now if you excuse me I’ll just go to my room I lost my appetite in any case.”

 

And with that Jongin pushed back his chair making the metal scrape against the floor. He dashed upstairs and closed the door with a loud slam. The others were still shocked with the current revelation, Kyungsoo’s grandpa glanced at his grandson waiting for an explanation. Kyungsoo sighed at the sudden turn of the events. He glanced at Yixing who was looking at him with a teary gaze, he shook his head his heart was hurt by listening to Jongin talk with such a painful tone. He got up and glanced at the elders of the family,

 

“I don’t exactly know why you made feel Jongin feel like this grandpa Kim. But let me tell you something Jongin suffered a lot and he already told me why he did it all those things in his life. I don’t understand why you hate Jongin so much and made him feel neglected all the time. Your grandson is a precious gem that needs to be protected at any cost. I lost my dad and I know how it feels when you lose someone close. But Jongin lost his parents and his grandma, you were his sole strength pillar but you made him feel alone. I won’t blame you for anything but please stop belittling him. Jongin works hard for the company, he’s mature and responsible enough, even if we started our wedding on a rough start we still talked about it and moved on. So why? Why are he’s made so much efforts to allow himself belong to someone you made him doubt himself all over again. Why did you need to humiliate him? Jongin and I love each other and I care enormously about him and his well-being so right now all I want you to do is stop belittling him. If you don’t stop I won’t hesitate to do something drastic regardless the fact that you’re my in law or my grandpa’s friend.”

 

Kyungsoo stood up and almost walked out the dining room when he turned around and looked at the elder Kim

 

“I’ve had enough of everything that you’ve done to my husband. This break was meant for us to get closer to the family and make him happy and make him know what it is like to have a family. But right now I made a mistake by bringing him here. So I’ll be taking my husband with me and we’re moving back to Seoul and no I don’t give a to this break until you apologize to him and I know you won’t because your pride is more important than your grandson’s happiness. So sorry gramps, mom, hyung and Yixing right now my main concern is my husband and I don’t want us to stay here. So excuse me”

 

Kyungsoo made his way towards the stairs and rapidly dashed towards his room. He glanced at the door, he took a deep breath and opened the door. Jongin was sitting on the edge of the bed and was looking at the wooden floor with a heartbroken expression, he could feel his heart hurting so bad. He got inside and advanced towards the bed and sat down on the edge of the bed. Both of them stayed quiet for a while until Jongin spoke

 

“The reason I lost everyone is because I’m a bad person huh. Tomorrow I won’t find it surprising if you’d leave me and go. Bad people like me deserve to be left alone. I deserve all this. So leave me Kyungsoo. I myself is asking you to go away a bad and broken person would never be able to love you, I’ll hurt you more than I did. I don’t deserve you leav----“

 

Jongin stopped talking when he felt a sting on his cheek, with a teary gaze he looked at kyungsoo who looked angry and at the same time tears were sliding down his cheeks.

 

“How dare you Kim Jongin! How dare you speak so many nonsensical things? How dare you ask me to leave you and say that you’re a bad person *Cups Jongin’s face* Baby you’re perfect even if you’re broken I don’t care I’ll still love all your broken pieces. Jongin you’re my husband and I accepted you whole heartedly I know how much of a good person you are, you care for me, you care about my well-being, you care for my feelings heck you even told me about your insecurities and your deepest and darkest things you’ve done. Baby I’ll never leave. Not now nor in the future. Each day I’m falling for you. I’m still falling for you Kim ing Jongin so don’t ask me to leave you when all I wanna do is protect you, pamper you and love all of you.”

 

Jongin choked though his sobs and threw his arms around kyungsoo and pleaded,

 

“T-take me away from here Soo. P-please.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded, he pulled back from Jongin’s hug and cupped his face again, and he cleared the tears with the pad of his thumb and then pressed his lips against Jongin’s trembling ones.

 

“Okay. Let’s go back home”

 

Jongin nodded eagerly and let Kyungsoo drag him downstairs where thy met his mother who seemed really concerned, Yixing and Junmyeon were also waiting for them with both looking at Jongin with a worried gaze, the 2 elders were nowhere to be seen. Kyungsoo held on tight to Jongin’s hand and walked towards them

 

“I’m taking Jongin back home. We never meant for all this to happen but I couldn’t help myself. So we’re going”

 

They nodded, kyungsoo’s mom hugged Jongin tightly and then Yixing did the same

 

“Jongin I’ll always be here for you. I love you dongsaeang.”

 

Jongin sniffled a bit but mumbled a small ‘I love you too hyung’. Kyungsoo and Jongin bid everyone goodbye and went out. Shortly, kyungsoo’s SUV was on the high way speeding towards Seoul. From time to time kyungsoo was glancing at Jongin who stayed quiet and was looking out the window all the time.

 

When they finally made it home it was already night time. Jongin made his way quietly in their bedroom. Kyungsoo sighed dejectedly and switched off the lights and also walked towards their room. Jongin was already lying down the bed with his back facing him, Kyungsoo glanced at his pet noting that he didn’t need anything. So he switched off the lights of the room and got on the bed

 

“Are you still sulking?”

 

Jongin hummed and turned around facing his husband, he locked his gaze with his husband and said softly

 

“You don’t think I’m a failure right?”

 

To kyungsoo Jongin looked so insecure and scared, he shook his head and brought his hand to his husband’s cheeks, he caressed the smooth skin with his thumb

 

“No baby. You’re not. Trust me you’re not”

 

Jongin hummed and after staring his husband for a while he spoke again

 

“What you said back in Suncheon really warmed my heart. And I’m sorry for hurting you one again. But after what happened really made me numb and I ended up blurting all those hurtful things to you. But please know that that I love you Soo. I really do and I don’t wanna lose what we have. Thanks to you I gained a family, I ended up having a mom, a brother and maybe a grandpa. But more importantly I got you. You’re my strength pillar Soo. You really are.”

 

“I know Nini. And I’m sorry for slapping you, I just needed to stop you from blurting so much nonsense. Trust me my family, our family won’t let you down. Because they know how precious you are regardless of what you did. So rest assured we’ll be here for you”

 

Jongin nodded and forced himself to holdback his tears, he pressed his body close to his husband and wrapped his arms around him.

 

“And Soo me too. I’m still falling for you. Everyday I’m falling for you and I love you baby. I love you so much”

 

Kyungsoo smiled and held on tight to his husband, he was about to tell him the same when his mobile beeped, he groaned and checked his mobile it was a message from his grandpa, he got curious and opened it, jongin also looked at the message

 

From: Gramps

What you did today was remarkable Soo-ah. I’m so proud of you. Tell Jongin not to worry I’m proud of him too and tell him everything would be fine. Take care of him Soo-ah and love him loads.

 

Kyungsoo smiled and kept his mobile aside, and bend down to jongin’s face level, he pressed his lips against Jongin’s ones and deepened the kiss. They kissed fervently for a moment when they pulled back for air, kyungsoo cradled jongin’s head against his chest and said

 

“See I told you we’ll be fine. Even gramps is supporting us. No need to worry now.”

 

Jongin pressed a kiss against kyungsoo’s chest and said

 

“Thank you Soo and I love you so much”

 

“And I love you too Jongin. So much”

 

The 2 of them lied down on the bed with their legs tangled together and their arms wrapped around each other. Jongin was fast asleep, kyungsoo pecked Jongin’s head and closed his eyes letting the sleep taking over him. But one thing was sure was that even if they were in an arranged marriage they never thought they would’ve come such a long way from where they were.

 

Jongin was a broken guy who felt alone and neglected all the time but Kyungosoo came into his life as a sun ray that light up his dark world, he taught him the meaning of belonging, love and more importantly what is it to have a family and Jongin would never let go of his kyungsoo as he’s the person who gave his life a new meaning. For kyungsoo, Jongin is someone who was craving to be loved but at the same time was afraid to love because he didn’t know the meaning of love and how to belong to someone and he was glad that he showed his husband what is it to be loved and belonging to someone. He was glad that he opened up to him and let him guide him in the path of togetherness where their days would be filled with love and care and belonging. Even if they’ll have some ups and downs in their lives he’ll never let go of Jongin as his husband is his precious baby. But at one point Jongin was thankful towards his grandpa, as he gave him Kyungsoo and the same goes to Kyungsoo he was thankful for the promise that the elders did. They found love and are still falling for each other.


And here we are people hope you guys weren't bored halfway. 

Thanks to all the people who waited and subscribed and commented. If you liked this one don't forget to leave a comment and please upvote.

For the next one shot i got the idea of writing on an NonAU- where what if kyungsoo decides to leave EXO. Not that i want it to happen okay. It's just a figment of my imagination, I love D.O. of EXO so i'll never want him to leave.

Comment below and tell me what you think. For now bye bye and see y'all soon. ^^