New pal

Just a kiss~

Chapter IV

 

Mingyu runs fast after leaving Wonwoo’s house not minding about his flushed face. He can’t believe his knees got weak in one blink just because he saw Wonwoo smiling for the first time and the fact that his smile means a lot to Seungcheol and his parents. Plus, how his eyes smile twinkling every second and hisredlips curls upward are just amazing and y like, that’s the prettiest lips and smile he’d ever seen in his life.

 

Do I really like him now?

 

Actually, that’s the first thing that comes to Mingyu’s mind after feeling something weird he never felt before. Thanks to his addiction to shoujo mangas and Soonyoung’s love talk session. Because according to some symptoms: if you feel your heart starts to beat abnormally, your blood is rising up to your face making a tint red blush, you feel like listening to some ballad songs when you hear that person talk, there is a tingling sensation inside your body, and there is the urge to kiss or hug that person then you are in love. Mingyu feels all that with Wonwoo just an hour ago and it makes him crazy right now! Of course, he will not doubt it to himself because it’s all obvious if he would say.

 

Mingyu enters their house removing first his shoes before sprinting upstairs and slamming shut his bedroom’s door. He dives down to his bed and starts rolling back and forth (which is his habit when nervous). After failed attempts of relaxing his body, he gets one of his pillows and puts it on his face.

 

“Oh my gaaaaaaaaaawffffff!” He screams.

 

 After screaming and making some incoherent noise for about five full minutes, he stops because his throat sores but he feels a bit calm. Mingyu removes the pillow from his face and looks up to the white painted ceiling. An image of smiling Wonwoo comes first from his mind and there it is again, the doki doki feeling. His lips curl up a bit. He feels so honored because he makes him smile again. Not that he is proud for achieving some stupid awards, but it’s surprising that Wonwoo’s first smile after so long ago is for him, for Mingyu.

 

His eyes starts to get blur and he feels his body and head are like about giving up after a long tiring day. After some seconds of thinking Wonwoo all over again, he falls asleep completely but a slight smile is still pasted on his face.

 

ღღღ

 

Mingyu wakes up from his peaceful sleep because of the blinding shades of sunlight coming from his window. He slowly opens his eyes, slowly closes and opens again until he gains his consciousness. He shifts to another side of the room and is greeted by the clock beside his bed.

 

“Too early.” He said but soon stands up, fixes his bed and goes inside the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

Mingyu walks out from his room wearing already his school uniform. He walks down to the kitchen and he is greeted with his parents already having their breakfast.

 

“Good morning dear.” His mother greets him with a bright smile signaling to sit beside him while putting pancake on the plate. Mom is always my light.

 

“Good morning Mingyu.” His father looks up from the newspaper, “How come you are early today?”

 

“Good morning, mom, dad.” He greets back, “I slept early that’s why…”

 

Mr. Kim scans his son’s presence and he sees something weird, “Mingyu, why are you smiling?”

 

“What? W-well, I had a good sleep.” Mingyu tries to hide back his smile.

 

This time, it’s Mrs. Kim’s turn to ask, “Uh-huh. You look blooming today. Anything happened?”

 

Mingyu chokes his food and he almost out of breathe, “WHAT THE HELL MOM?!” He finally manages to say a word after drinking two glasses of milk.

 

His parents only laugh and Mingyu just snorts in disbelief. Now I know why my friends call me weird. He finishes his breakfast quickly before getting up from the chair thanking his parents for food and going upstairs again to get his bag.

 

“I’ll go now! Bye mom! Bye dad!” Mingyu shouts after putting his shoes on. When he hears his parents’ response, he quickly goes out of the house and starts walking to his school.

 

ღღღ

 

 

Mingyu scans the corridor and there are few students already in school. He walks to the lockers and opens his own locker. He gets the books he needed for morning classes and puts it inside his bag.

 

He is closing his locker when someone taps his shoulder. He turns around but before he knows, he is being tackled by an intruder.

 

“Min~ Gyu~” The intruder, whose name is no other than Seungcheol, hugs him. “Good morning dude.”

 

“You call me dude but you act like a girl. Wow, so manly isn’t it?” Mingyu laughs hugging the latter back before his eyes landed on the person behind Seungcheol.

 

“Good morning Mingyu.” There he is. Wonwoo. He is waving at Mingyu giving him a shy smile. ! Mingyu’s heart races again but this time, faster than yesterday.

 

“H-hey. Good morning to you too, Wonwoo.” He greets back with a smile staring straight to Wonwoo’s eyes. He keeps his posture cool like nothing is happening inside him. Unfortunately, there are still some shades of pink on his cheeks but it doesn’t matter, it’s not that obvious.

 

“Mingyu?” Seungcheol waves his free hand in front of Mingyu’s face then pokes his cheeks when Mingyu doesn’t move from his position. “Mingyu!”

 

“W-what?” Mingyu breaks his gaze from Wonwoo before looking to koala Seungcheol.

 

“Let’s play basketball next week! Me and Wonwoo is up!”

 

“But… how about the tutoring session? We’re only having two weeks before the final exam. I don’t want to start all over again!” Mingyu protests, looking back at Wonwoo.

 

“Just forget the problems for a day. It’s okay Mingyu. I’ll help you. You’re my friend.” Wonwoo reassures him with a wide smile, eyes almost closed. No help!

 

“O-okay. I will.”

 

“Good.” Seungcheol cheers. He looks to the sides before withdrawing himself from Mingyu’s body. “So, I have to go now. Bye Mingyuuuuuu!”

 

Mingyu just waves then chuckles at Seungcheol’s cuteness, “I never thought Seungcheol is a very cheerful person.”

 

Wonwoo agrees with him. “That’s why I can’t get mad at him.” He laughs, “Well, I’ll go now in the room first. See you later.” Wonwoo is about to turn around when he mumbles, “You look good today though.” Then he starts to walk to their room.

 

Mingyu is left there stunned, eyes wide and mouth gapes open. His face starts to blush madly like it will explode sooner. Did I hear it right?

 

“KIM MIN GYU!” Mingyu turns around from the source of the annoying voice. He scans the sea of students and spots Soonyoung and Jihoon and, did they dye their hair?!

 

“Ayo fabs.” Mingyu greets them, doing poker face to hide his admiration over their hair.

 

“What can you say about our hair my son?” Jihoon hair flips.

 

“You look like a little cherry blossom tree though.” Jihoon pouts.

 

“How about me Mingyu? Do I look cute?” Soonyoung touches his hair lightly.

 

“No. That’s the worst.” Mingyu can see Soonyoung’s eyes look glossy like he’s about to cry anytime.

 

Mingyu smiles, “I’m just joking. You guys look so handsome because you are my favorite hyungs.” He ruffles their both hairs. Jihoon removes Mingyu’s hands a little harsh while Soonyoung loves it. As you can see, Soonyoung loves when Mingyu pets him.

 

The two looks cool with their hair in Mingyu’s honestopinion. Soonyoung looks very cool like a character from an anime show he always watcheswith the clean blonde hair and light skin tone. Jihoon, on the other hand, looks very cute with his cherry blossom highlighthair though. He looks younger than the usual and on top of that, it makes him look so cute and squishy with his height and color of his skin. Even Jisoo’s latest hair is very fashionable with mix orange and light brown colored side brushed up hair. How can I achieve that hair?

 

“Mingyu.” Soonyoung calls.

 

“Hmm?” Mingyu hums, still petting him.

 

“You are blooming. And your face is red. Something happened?”

 

“N-nothing really.” Mingyu lies. Soonyoung can sense something different from Mingyu but waves it off and just laughs.Soonyoung is radiator again.

 

ღღღ

 

It’s lunch time. Mingyu and his friends gather in the front of the room. When they passed by Wonwoo, Mingyu stops from his track.

 

“Hey Wonwoo. Come with us.” Mingyu insists in a soothing voice though there is still the weird feeling when it comes to him.

 

“But—” He didn’t finish his sentence when Mingyu pulls him with bit power causing him to stand up. Everyone gasps in the scene including his friends. Some students are murmuring because no one ever tried to talk to him or even touch him like that.

 

Mingyu’s sudden contact with Wonwoo makes his heart almost pop. It’s like electricity is flowing to all his veins that gives him goose bumps all over his body. But of course, he needs to shrug the feeling because he’s in public. “It’s okay. Come with us. We can be your friends. Even best friends.” He whispers.

 

Wonwoo is hesitating but he agrees in the end with a shy smile before removing his hand from Mingyu’s and Mingyu awkwardly laughs because it’s embarrassing.

 

Everyone gasps again and some of girls almost faint because of Wonwoo’s smile.

 

 

 

Everyone introduced their selves first before Wonwoo introduced himself with basic information and some sort of things about his past for the first time. They listen and feel bad for him because no one deserves that but soon after Soonyoung making the surrounding very high, everyone is very close to Wonwoo; even Jeonghan which is the new member of the group. The whole lunch break is filled with talks and laughs. Wonwoo adjusts himself in the nature with some difficulty because he never interacts with anyone like this before butsoon he can slowly start a conversation to all of them now without any awkward feelings.

 

Wonwoo closes his distance with Mingyu and whispers, “Thank you Mingyu.”

 

“F-for what?” Mingyu feels it again because now, Wonwoo’s face is very close to his.

 

“I’ve been longing to have a friend you know? So I’m thankful you ask me to be your friend.”

 

Mingyu feels overwhelmed and smiles, “No problem. I’m glad to see you happy.”

 

ღღღ

 

Soon, the last class is over and the gang is now going out of the school. Once they reach the gate, Jihoon asks them to hang out today but all of them are not available.

 

“Sorry, I need to review Jeonghan inEnglish.” –Jisoo

 

“I can’t go Jihoon. I have errands to do now.” –Soonyoung

 

“I have a tutoring session with Wonwoo tonight.” –Mingyu

 

“Aagh! Fine! fine. Well then, see you tomorrow es.”

 

And everyone bids goodbye before going to their own paths.

 


 

[A/N] Ayo! I feel like my writing skill is a bit awkward. Haha. Well then, guess who's the next pair to be featured on next chapter! :D

 

Thank you for upvotes too. I'm not asking for it but I appreciate a lot :)