Mascot fun

Just a kiss~

Chapter XIV

 

Mingyu slowly opens his eyes because the blinding sunlight is radiating towards his morning face and it's very annoying since he doesn't have any schedule to do today. He covers his face with a pillow fully. He's about to sleep again after getting the best position when his eyes immediately open, sitting up straight and throwing the blanket.

 

“Good morning Seoul!~” He sing-songs, cracking a very wide smile as he stretch his arms and body.

 

Mingyu almost forgot he has a schedule today, with Wonwoo. It's been two weeks since he last saw him at their house when they had an overnight and everything is still fresh on his mind that blush starts to form on his face. He shakes the memory because it's too much for his feels. Last two days ago, he asked him if could go with him at the festival just nearby their school and the other immediately agreed to accompany him. The exciting part here is that, they will hang out just the two of them only.

 

Mingyu gets his phone at the table next to him and there's a text. From Wonwoo. He releases an unmanly sound but he doesn't care about anything right now. He unlocks it before opening the message.

 

7:12am Jeon Wonuuu: I'm sorry Mingyu. I can't go with you today. My mom asks me very important favor. Sorry :/

 

. . .

 

Well, damn.

 

Mingyu stares at the screen, unable to process what he just read. He blinks rapidly, his cheery expression drops down underground. He starts to type his reply, erase it and back to typing yet he still doesn't know what to say. He feels bit disappointed and sad at the same time because he prepares for this day very well. Not that it's Wonwoo's fault because he understands him being a good son he is.

 

7:53am Kim Mingyu: It's ok don't worry. Good morning and have a nice day Wonwoo :)

 

Seconds later, his phone beeps signaling someone has send a text to him and he assumes it's from Wonwoo.

 

7:53am Jeon Wonuuu: you sure? :( i'll make up to you next time.

 

7:54am Kim Mingyu: it's fine, really so don't worry.

 

Mingyu places his phone at the table, laying again his body on the bed. He stares at the ceiling, no thoughts entering his mind as if a big force is blocking everything.

 

“Maybe I could just hang out with Jihoon and Seungcheol today? No, not a good idea.” He mumbles before standing up and walking towards the bathroom to clean himself.

 

I should never said good for this morning. .

 

ღღღ

 

Mingyu walks at the alley mindlessly, loving the sunlight contact to his skin with the summer breeze. Not too hot. Not too cold. Perfect. He could see everyone outside also enjoying the weather. The sky is pretty great with light blue and shades of white clouds flying to where the air's path, clearly can see that it's impossible to rain today. Some stores offer cold treats to lessen the heat like ice creams, cold drinks and frozen salads. Kids are playing at the street with smiles on their face. Some tourists are roaming around Seoul's streets and best places. It's a bit hot yet the streets are busy, careless about the heat.

 

Mingyu walks around the park alone since it's still early to go to festival. Even the park is pack of people, maybe going to festival too. Taking pictures, eating ice creams and cotton candies (to which Mingyu remembers something), buying some random stuffs and many more. That's what Mingyu can see now yet everyone still has those lively and happy expressions making Mingyu smiles as well.

 

He continues to walk around, scanning the familiar place his parents used to bring him when he was young. The park barely changed except to the trees which grows taller, if you care to Mingyu's opinion. Twenty minutes of continuously walking, he could feel his muscles and feet ache due to exhaustion. He can also feel the hotness of summer afternoon, much stronger than earlier. He decides to eat his lunch at nearby fast food chain just across the road.

 

 

 

The store is crowded but still, Mingyu managed to order and eat. He didn't even notice he's actually walking around alone, fascinated with great things outside. But he still wished he's with Wonwoo so the latter could also see everything he saw just hours ago; that would be better for Mingyu. He passes by an ice cream stand and he buys one just to lessen the heat before starting to walk again.

 

Upon passing a shop, he immediately stops from his track and looks at it with full of sparks. He watched a commercial of this store and they sell super sweet treats plus EXO's Suho is the handsome endorser so how can you not visit the store?! He  stares inside of it through transparent clear window and he scans the interior and wow, it's very cute for Mingyu's tastes. The store is painted with light pink highlighted with faded yellow and some frames and vases decorated neatly. He scans the customer with a slight smile until it landed on a familiar person making his brows furrow. He focuses until he can recognize him and it makes him shock in disbelief, eyes wide and mouth hangs open. He blinks rapidly and looks at him again and he can't be wrong, it's Wonwoo!

 

And Wonwoo is sitting in front of a girl!

 

Like the cue on some dramas, the breeze becomes more strong making Mingyu's bangs fly over but he doesn't care. His heart starts to beat fast, blood also starts to boil until it makes his face red from anger and jealousy. He stares at the two with a glare and he could see the two are laughing lovingly and Wonwoo is not the awkward hence, he talks a lot with that girl who just laughs to what he says.

 

Mingyu can't deny the girl is very pretty with mono-eyelids and contagious smile. He assumes she doesn't have any make up, just natural Korean beauty. He sits at the side of the store, squishing his face at the mirror window without any embarrassment, still looking the the cute couple Mingyu wishes he's on the girl's position. A pang hits his heart because he's very jealous. Very, very jealous to the fact he almost wants to cry but he needs to spy.

 

Mingyu notices the two stands up and he immediately panics because they're directing to the door. He even stumbles from his sit before crawling behind the standee. He stands up before imitating Suho's pose on the standee, failing to level himself to it because the tip of his head is showing through it. He doesn't care around, not even the people giving weird looks to him because he looks so stupid. Very stupid almighty.

 

He slips his eyes through the side and the two is already far from him so he retreats himself behind the standee with a deep sigh. He's not mad anymore but the jealousy is still lingering through his feeling and he can't think anything straight. He tries to make a plan on how to follow them without being noticed by Wonwoo until his eyes dart at the mascot who offers balloons to the kids passing by.

 

As if a bulb shows above his head, he immediately runs somewhere he will risk his life just for it.

 

I still need to thank Suho. He really is an angel!

 

ღღღ

 

“Why the is it so hot?!” Mingyu screeches, the itchy and hot feeling inside a mascot annoys him but doesn't have any choice now. After asking (more like annoying) the mascot boy many times to where the other unused mascots are, he immediately goes to a storage room, sneaking if someone guarding it.

 

Right now, he's wearing a big pink bunny mascot and he can barely walk because it's heavier than what he expected. He holds two heart balloons he got also in the storage before starting to walk around to look for Wonwoo and that annoying pretty girl.

 

He walks around, looking for his target but of course, not forgetting to wave to the kids and some people asking to take a picture with him. And the luck is just beside him, he already sees the two walking. But unlucky, their arms are tangled together and Wonwoo looks he doesn't mind.

 

Mingyu clenches his right fist in annoyance and jealousy and he could feel his knuckles turning white. He tries to relax himself before slowly walks towards his two targets.

 

Mingyu slowly goes in front of Wonwoo and the girl and the two gives a confuse look. The girl flashes a bright smile and he wants to rip it off because seriously, he snatches Wonwoo to him.

 

“Oppa~ That mascot is so cute.” The girl squeals, jumping lightly from his stature making Wonwoo smiles wide and Mingyu almost gasps loudly because that's real. The smile is real!

 

Mingyu glares at the girl and thankfully, he's in disguise because if not, that girl is already melting from his deadly glare. He doesn't like the girl. Ever! He looks down and their arms are still entangled tightly and Mingyu prays form anyone who can hear him that they're not couple yet so he can ruin it. Who am I to do that?! I'm a good boy!

 

Mingyu gives the heart shaped balloon to the pretty girl, the other to Wonwoo. With unknown evil smirk, Mingyu raises his arms in the air and before the two knows what will happen, he smashes his two big hands towards the girl's balloon making it pop making Wonwoo and the girl's eyes widen in shock. With a satisfied smile, he runs fast as he can until the two can't see him in their sight.

 

 

 

The next time Mingyu sees them, they're walking at the location of the festival with cotton candies on their hand. Their arms are tangled loosely compare the last time. The girl whispers something to Wonwoo and he nods happily. He doesn't care they are talking about until she gives a quick peck on Wonwoo's right cheek and all those madness burns his face out of jealousy. His face is more redder now, more sweats beading on his temple.

 

Mingyu thinks of a good idea. He readies his feet and legs, relaxing it before sprinting between the two until the two are untangled to each other, making the girl stumbled on the floor. As if luck just throw a rock of anti-fortune, he is stumbled to his own feet, making the face of the mascot lands very strong on the floor first and it hurts. The people around gasp loudly at the commotion he did but he doesn't care, he's hidden from the mascot so it's fine.

 

Mingyu stands up fast before giving a quick glance at the two. The girl's eyes are glossy and her face is red. His eyes gaze at Wonwoo's and shiver runs through his spine because he is looking at him with deadly glare. He gulps , he feels suffocated because he's running out air like his glare is taking all the air from him. He doesn't know what to do so he just runs back at the storage room with embarrassment and guilt choking him into death.

 

ღღღ

 

Mingyu is now on one of the tables of the store, slumping onto it with exhausted expression and body. The guilt is still punching his conscience because what he did is just very childish but he can't control himself, not when he's very jealous for the first time of his life. With a deep sigh, he sips his drink until someone stands beside him. And it's two.

 

Mingyu looks up to his side to see Wonwoo and the girl standing with smiles. His eyes widen before sitting straight in a not so cool way, almost knocking down the glass of drink. The two chuckles at his clumsiness and Mingyu's face is now blushing.

 

“Hey Mingyu. I never expected you will go here alone. I'm sorry. It's very important that's why I can't accompany you.” Wonwoo's voice is stern yet you could hear the guilt.

 

Yeah, like dating with your girlfriend. “It's okay.” Mingyu response with slight irritation on his voice, not looking at him because he just lied to him. He just dated with her so what's so important with it and not just saying it straight?!

 

“Can we sit here?” Wonwoo asks, oblivious to his attitude though the girl beside him notices it.

 

Still without looking, he nods slightly as he sips his drink. As the two sit in front of Mingyu, Wonwoo's phone vibrates. Unlocking it, someone is calling him and it's Seungcheol. “Excuse for a while. I need to answer it.” He stands up before going outside because the store is very noisy.

 

Mingyu can feel the awkward surrounding the two of them yet he doesn't do anything. Seconds later, the girl awkwardly coughs which makes Mingyu glance to her and oh, she looks like Wonwoo. A girl version.

 

“Hello to you Mingyu oppa.” The girl starts with a smile and giggle as if the awkwardness never exists.

 

“Hi.” Mingyu responds shortly, uninterested to where their conversation goes.

 

“I'm Seulgi. It's so nice to meet you in personal?” What?

 

“You know me?” Mingyu asks with confused look to Seulgi.

 

“Of course. I know you! Seungcheol always mentions his friends, especially you and Jihoon oppa!” She says with bright tone, clasping his hands together and Mingyu is confused more.

 

“Are you Wonwoo's girlfriend?” Mingyu carefully asks and Seulgi smirks, like Wonwoo's smirk.

 

“Why? Are you jealous?” Seulgi wiggles her brows, teasing the boy in front of him.

 

“W-What? N-No. Of course no. Why would I?!” He stutters, his face is now blushing madly and his voice is cracking a little. Seulgi laughs loudly at his state.

 

“No I'm not. Seungcheol oppa and Wonwoo oppa are my cousins.” Seulgi smiles.

 

Mingyu's mouth hangs open in realization. So I got jealous on his cousin?!

 

Seulgi sees his expression and immediately adds, “And I know you like my Wonwoo oppa.”

 

Mingyu chokes on his drink, almost spraying the drink on his mouth to Seulgi's face but he manages to control it because it's a minus points to do that to Wonwoo's cousin.

 

After regaining his breathe, looks straight to Seulgi and she's giving an innocent look to him before talking again. “Don't worry, I'm not against to you since you're handsome. But Wonwoo oppa is more handsome if you agree to me-”

 

“Of course Wonwoo is so handsome and so fluffy though he's awkward!” Mingyu cuts him, a smile plastered on his face and his eyes making crescent.

 

“Oh my god his awkwardness makes him more hawt!”

 

“I know right!”

 

“What are you talking about?” Wonwoo comes back with a smile on his face. Mingyu blushes again, hoping Wonwoo didn't hear their conversation.

 

“Nothing. Just introducing ourselves. I really like Mingyu oppa. He's handsome and cute and kind~” Seulgi coos with a giggle while Mingyu blushes even more.

 

Wonwoo laughs and Seulgi joins him, Mingyu only smiles at the sight because Wonwoo is actually laughing joyfully.

 

 

 

After the three of them finish their dinner, Wonwoo says to Seulgi that Seungcheol will fetch her and the other just nods happily. They walk around the place where the festival celebrates with lights hanging everywhere. There are many traditional shops but many of the stores are about foods and accessories. Mingyu buys Seulgi a pink beaded bracelet and she kisses him on the cheek, just like what he did to Wonwoo.

 

Minutes more, Seungcheol comes with them along with Jihoon tugging on his shirt shyly like a kid going to lose his father. Seulgi pulls Jihoon from Seungcheol and Mingyu is amazed because Jihoon didn't retract; instead, he follows her towards the gate leaving Seungcheol.

 

Seungcheol chuckles, “It's amazing Jihoon is close to her now though they only talk in video calls.”

 

“You have an amazing lover Seungcheol.” Wonwoo says with amused tone on his voice.

 

“You'll get one, I promise.” Seungcheol looks at Mingyu, winking at him before leaving the two alone and chasing the two.

 

 

 

The two walks around, not saying anything. But still, it's comfortable just with their presence to each other. Suddenly, the sky is full of colorful fireworks booming loudly.

 

“Quick Mingyu! Make a wish.” Wonwoo tells the other before closing his eyes, clasping his two hands together childishly.

 

Mingyu laughs at his action before doing the same. He slowly closes his eyes, concentrating for silence but only his heartbeat.

 

 

 

I wish I can stay with Wonwoo forever, protecting him no matter what happen. I want to be his beloved lover, not now but at the right time.

 


 

[A/N] Minggu is so bad.