Similitude

Just a kiss~

Chapter XX

 

It is past 5pm when the three leave the café after their short meeting, just couple of minutes after Minghao left. There’s nothing to discuss more since they still have any concept for the project. In those minutes, nothing really happened after Mingyu and Junhui’s man-to-man talk. But Mingyu feels very awkward-slash-annoyed while third wheeling in front of two, talking endless not so loud yet, as if he just doesn’t exist. He tries his best to cope with the topic but there are things he really hates: 1) He’s not a fan of Science, theories and computations, 2) Junhui always hovering his voice if he starts to talk and 3) Blame Wonwoo for being distracted with the topic, very oblivious on his surroundings.

 

“I’ll walk you home Wonwoo.” Mingyu insists with excitement on his tone and thankfully, Junhui didn’t cut him because he swear he will cut his head to death if he’s not in front of Wonwoo.

 

“U-Uh. No, it’s okay. We have different routes. Junhui and I have the same route so…” Wonwoo’s voice trails off. Maybe he’s already dead tired.

 

“I’ll walk him home for you Mingyu so don’t worry much.” Junhui joins the conversation with well-known taunting smile on his face and Mingyu’s 101% excitement turns into 101% annoyance. How much he wants to shave those wiggling eyebrows until no one can recognize him. Blame Wonwoo for being oblivious.

 

“I think we need to go now. See you tomorrow Mingyu.” Wonwoo announces with a small smile plastered on his face and Mingyu just gives a nod, unknown expression on his face. He looks at the retreating bodies, setting a fire at someone’s back.

 

“Bye Mingyu~”  you too, Junhui.

 

ღღღ

 

“How can be Wonwoo so dense over everything?” Mingyu whispers to himself, messing his hair in confusion and a bit irritation. He keeps thinking back all those hints he did and most of his friends already noticed it right away but Wonwoo is still completely oblivious with those things.

 

His mind is still on clouds when he hears something like a sound of punch on the dark alley just in front of him with a whimper next to it and he flinches on it in shock, his gaze turns into where the sound comes from. He doesn’t know what to do: to run away or save that person because he is sure behind the dark is something like bullying. He is quite strong but he never experienced fighting so he’s still hesitating. Another helpless whimper comes again and he freezes on his spot.

 

“Give me your wallet boy.” He overhears the conversation yet he’s still standing on his feet, can’t do anything. Thankfully, they still don’t notice his presence. “Not answering huh?” Another guy says with much more intimidating tone. The whimper comes again and Mingyu is now panicking.

 

“I-I don’t h…have m-money.” Mingyu hears the victim answers and he notices the cracked Korean accent between sobs and whimpers and a very familiar thin voice. He still can’t remember but he is sure he hears that voice before. “I-I’m— aaaahhh!” Mingyu’s eyes widen in horror when he hears that bullied guy screams in pain, sees someone in the dim kicks his stomach mercilessly. His eyes almost pops out when he finally realizes he knows that voice. Minghao?!

 

He fishes out his phone from his pocket with shaky hands before unlocking it and opens the flashlight. In an instance, the light flashes on the scene and he feels he is running out of air after seeing Minghao with full of bruises on his face and arms.

 

“Who are you?!” The guy, Mingyu judges him as super-duper-mega ugly with ugly hairstyle that doesn’t even exist in Korean fashion, shouts while covering his face from the light.

 

“Stop what you’re doing there or else… or else…” Mingyu gulps immediately, feeling his throat getting dry when he notices that three muscular guys are approaching him.

 

“Or else?” Someone Mingyu assumes he is the leader smirks when he stutters while stepping back.  do he even know how ugly he is with the smirk? Do he think he looks like a handsome gangster?!

 

“I-I’ll call a police!”

 

“Really? I’m scared. Like someone will ever get to see us here. More like two of you beat out.” The guy with long hair answers. Jeonghan is very pretty with long hair, what happened to this one?!

 

Mingyu has the nuts to mock them on his mind until his body is out of the dark side. He turns around, prays that some miracles will happen, and sees an old metal fence which he assumes the door of this alley then his eyes lands on the other side of the alley and smiles in victory because God really loves him, “POLICE OFFICERS! THESE THREE GUYS BEATS SOMEONE!” He shouts out his lungs and the three guys quirks their brows. He shuffles the light until the police officers, unknown to the three ugly guys, who coincidently passes by see the three of them, Mingyu lighting them and a boy who is laying on the floor.

 

“You think you can trick us?” The leader laughs at Mingyu.

 

“Maybe yes, maybe not ugly es.” Mingyu mocks them with a smirk.

 

“You —”

 

“Police. Don’t move!” Once of the police officers shouts while targeting his gun towards them. “Get down!”

 

“WHAT THE —” They are about to run but Mingyu is faster than them. He runs out of the dark alley before pulling the metal fence on the side then enclosing it, the police officers cornering in an easily.

 

“Get down! Get down!” The police officer demands again and the three immediately surrenders, slowly kneeling on the floor while their arms in the air. The other two police officers approaches them before locking their arms with handcuffs.

 

Mingyu removes the fence before running towards Minghao who is still laying on the floor. He snatches the cotton towel on his bag before wiping the bruises on his face and Minghao whimpers in pain. He retracts it from his face before carefully carrying his body. Good thing he’s very light and thin.

 

“Officer, can you give us a ride to the hospital? He’s pretty beaten.” Mingyu asks the officer with stuttering voice, worried expression on his face since Minghao is beaten badly.

 

“Sure. Sure. Come with me, quick.”

 

ღღღ

 

“He is fine now. Nothing serious happened to his body except the bruises. It will heal not too long. He will be awake soon, maybe his body gives up because of the punches and he doesn’t used to it so don’t worry.” The doctor says with a smile, patting his back.

 

“Thank you so much.” Mingyu stands up before he bows more than 90 degrees. The doctor bows too at him with a chuckle before leaving the room.

 

Mingyu sits next to sleeping Minghao. He stares at him and those bruises that are now covered with bandage. He keeps staring at him with pity look because he doesn’t deserve those bruises. Thank all the gods that nothing more serious happened to them since the fact that the three big guys look like they can kill them in one click.

 

Mingyu is about to leave the room since it’s already 8:45pm when he hears Minghao’s soft groan. He immediately turns back and sees Minghao’s cute blinking action, confused expression pasted on his face. “Hi.” He greets with a smile.

 

“Mingyu? Where am I?” Minghao asks in a surprise tone. He sits straight slowly on the bed, groaning when he feels the sting of pain on his right arm. He looks around the room and it is coated with pure white.

 

“I bet you forgot but you were beaten hours ago. Don’t worry, you’re fine now.” Mingyu utters with a huge smile on his face, examining his classmate’s bruises once in a while.

 

Minghao’s pale face turns into shades of light pink at the memory. He was passing by the alley when someone dragged him forcefully to the side. Then all he remember is the first punch on his face while they were asking for his wallet. After that, his mind went blank because it was very painfully straight on his right cheek. “U-Uh. I’m so-sorry for causing you a problem. And thank you.” He speaks in a hush tone. His face blushes more because he is embarrassed that he can’t protect himself. He is not looking at Mingyu, still awkward that they just met today and barely talk to each other.

 

Mingyu chuckles at Minghao cute actions and that makes him look to him with confused look. “It’s fine and I’m still thankful that I passed by there and help you. I don’t want any of my friends getting into trouble.”

 

“Friends?” Minghao’s eyes widen at the mention of the word friends.

 

“Yep! We can be friends you know?” Mingyu’s eyes are twinkling and his expression is so bright that can blind anyone.

 

“S-Sure.” Minghao’s face is now covered with shades of pink but this time, with a small smile.

 

 

 

Mingyu and Minghao continues to talk to each other, mainly knowing each other. The awkward feeling is now faded and turns into laughs and chuckles. Mingyu learns that Minghao has only one friend since his childhood: Lee Chan, their midget sized classmate. He also learns that he and his mom went in Seoul after his father, Lee family’s loyal servant, died while protecting Chan from the thieves. Chan’s family gives a whole-hearted appreciation to their late servant for saving their only son from danger that is why they decided to bring his family with them back to South Korea to assure their safety. He learns that Chan is sometimes overprotective and selfish when it comes to Minghao. He doesn’t share Minghao easily to anyone since he also doesn’t have any friends than him.

 

It is 9:20pm when the doctor comes in and says that Minghao can be discharge now to their relief. Mingyu assists Minghao until they are now outside the hospital. Minghao keeps rejecting Mingyu’s offer on give him a walk to their home, saying that is too much help from him. Of course, Mingyu never gives up so he keeps blabbering like ‘What if they come back?’, ‘There are many bad guys out there.’ and etc. With a chuckle, Minghao gives in to the offer.

 

“If Chan’s family is helping you, why are you a scholar in school?” Mingyu asks out of the blue.

 

“It’s not a total scholarship. Maybe scholarship but not like that. The company that my mother works at gives me an allowance for school. Though Master Lee pays for my school, I used it for school stuffs like projects and unexpected payments. I don’t want to the burden to them, always depending on their money.” Minghao answers with much more weak voice.

 

Minutes later, they reach Minghao’s home. It is much smaller than their house, like only two persons can fit inside. “Wanna come in?” Minghao offers him and Mingyu delightfully nods, too enthusiastic to meet his mother.

 

Minghao opens the door using his spare key before removing his shoes, Mingyu following him behind. They go straight to the living room to see Chan walking back and forth continuously while his mother is sitting on the sofa with very worried expression on her face.

 

“Chan?” Minghao speaks up with questionable tone to why Chan is here in this time of night.

 

Chan stops from walking before tilting his head up to see Minghao with bandage on his face and arms and his heart sinks at the sight. “MINGHAOOOOOO!” He runs fast to Minghao before hugging his waist. He buries his face on Minghao’s chest and starts to sob. Minghao’s right. Chan is very sensitive kid.

 

Minghao’s mother stands up from the sofa before going to his place and gently cups his bruised face while her eyes starts to form water on the edge. “What happened to you honey? I’m so worried that’s why I called Chan if you are with him but he said no. I was panicking more because you didn’t answer your phone.” Mingyu watches the dramatic scene in front and he doesn’t want to offend them but their accent is very funny and cute at the same time.

 

“I’m fine now, don’t worry much. And Chan, remove your arms around me. Seriously, I can’t breathe.” Minghao chuckles when Chan retracts his grip from him in a cute manner before giving his mother and Chan a peck on their cheeks. “I’m fine since someone helped me.”

 

Mrs. Xu and Chan turn their looks to Mingyu and he immediately stands straight as if his commander is in front of him. “Good evening. I’m Kim Mingyu. Minghao’s classmate.”

 

Minghao’s mother gives a warm smile towards Mingyu which immediately returns back. “Thank you for protecting my son.” She kneels down before bowing in front of him.

 

“No Mrs. Xu, don’t do that. It’s really nothing.” Mingyu tries to get her up because it’s inappropriate for someone older than you to let them bow like that.

 

“Thank you Mingyu for saving Minghao.” Chan utters with a huge smile on his face, eyes closed tightly and sincerely and he gives him a hug to Mingyu’s surprise because all he know is that Chan doesn’t share Minghao to anyone.

 

With a smile, he pats Chan’s back twice. “No problem. Hey Chan.” Chan tilts his head up, “Want to be my friend too? Minghao and I are friends now, right Minghao?”

 

Chan sees Minghao nods happily with a small smile and in an instance, he shouts a big ‘Yes!’ and everyone laughs at the scene.

 

They eat dinner together and Mingyu can’t say no to Chinese foods. Mrs. Xu and Chan start to ask Mingyu about anything they want to know from him and Minghao is just sitting there quietly while smiling, sometimes laughing almost soundlessly.

 

Mingyu doesn’t know what comes to his mind but he just realizes in one click that Minghao merely resembles someone over some things that he really likes every time. His quiet nature. How he barely talks and if he speaks it’s almost soundless, like a whisper. Same with his laugh, angelic laugh. How he likes listening than talking. How his facial expression displays blank emotion yet unknown to him, it’s very cute and attractive and he can’t deny it. How clumsy he looks when he walk his thin legs. And how his pale face skin turns into shades of light pink blushes, so easily.

 

Yup. Mingyu’s right. Minghao is like him. Wonwoo.

 


 

[A/N] Ayo again. So tell me, is it bad or not? TELL ME HAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol