Unexpected Trial

Just a kiss~

Chapter XV

 

Soonyoung likes Seokmin. Scratch that; Soonyoung loves Seokmin. He loves how Seokmin sings sweet songs to him every morning calls making him gain energy just by hearing his voice. He loves how the latter likes skinships so much making those butterflies in his stomach burst, his face heating up because he's still not used to it. Plus, given the fact that Seokmin's facial feature is like a Greek god; well-chiseled jaws, pointed nose and cheeks, not forgetting his tan skin color making him very, very y to the point your underwear will just fall by its own. He's also tall, slim yet masculine.

 

But the thing he really loves about him the most is his smile. His very genuine smile, even his eyes smile along with it. It makes his knees very weak, how those sincere smiles and gentle looks Seokmin give to him everyday, everywhere. He feels like he's flying in the sky riding on clouds. He doesn't know why but maybe his smile is very contagious. Seokmin is definition of happiness to Soonyoung, if you want to ask.

 

But there's also this one thing he really doesn't like about Seokmin. Yes, he's a social butterfly and many people knows him at his school. In short, he's very popular. Many girls (or probably boys) like him so much. But that is not the problem here. Those people who like Seokmin visit at the cafe often to talk (or flirt) with Seokmin and sometimes he witnessed it. They flirt with Seokmin, making some obvious gestures and words to him but what makes his blood boil in anger is that Seokmin flirts back saying some sweet words, or like fan services but not to its extent.

 

Soonyoung doesn't open this to Seokmin because he trusts him but of course, who wouldn't feel anything about those flirt things, right? Seokmin is very oblivious with the change of his mood every time he does that! But him being Soonyoung, the cheerful boy, shrugs anything because he loves Seokmin.

 

ღღღ

 

It's yet another Saturday night and Soonyoung is going to visit Seokmin at the cafe like he always do. It's a bit dark already outside, sun ready to set down. The sky is filled with dark blue and shades of orange. Streetlights are already shining, filling the dimmed surrounding.

 

At the time he reaches the cafe, it's already full dark and more lights from buildings and stores are . The door of cafe wide opens, revealing Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Seokmin's parents, leaving their owned store.

 

“Oh!” Mrs. Lee exclaim in delight, “My lovely dear boy.” She gives him a warm hug and he hugs her back. Seokmin's parents already know everything about them, asking them out of the blue. At first, they were afraid to tell it but as soon as Seokmin's parents explained they are very supportive to their son, with his very cute boyfriend making Soonyoung blushes, the two told the truth.

 

“Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Lee-”

 

“I told you to call me Dad.”

 

“A-ah.” Soonyoung scratches his head, “Y-yes D-Dad.”

 

Mr. Lee nods with a slight smile, satisfied. “Well then, we're heading now. Seokmin will be off in minutes.” They wave at him before going to their black car. Soonyoung bows at them, not moving until leave.

 

 

 

As he enters the cafe, he immediately scans the room to find Seokmin standing in front of cashier with a huge smile. Soonyoung smiles back, wider than before, before marching to his usual spot while waiting for his lover to end his shift. Just seconds later, the door wide opens and three girls enter the store with some giggles and Soonyoung can sense something again. They all go straight to where Seokmin is. He sighs, here we go again.

 

“Good evening. What's your orders?” Seokmin announces cheerfully. Soonyoung's ears twitch because he clearly heard that blushing girl with full bangs said a faint 'you' causing him to glare at them. Thankfully, no one is looking at him because they might dig their own grave.

 

The three already ordered but they don't stop talking to Seokmin and the other doesn't even mind. Right in front of his boyfriend! Soonyoung already knew he's jealous because Seokmin should be and only flirt with him. Only me.

 

“Oppa~” Soonyoung is used to those aegyo style of flirting but he still feels the urge to vomit because it's disgusting. “Do you have a girlfriend now?”

 

The three of them looks at Seokmin with hope, but before he can answer the girl with light brown hair immediately adds, “Please date with me oppa~” Seokmin only laughs at the scene before winking at her, causing her to blush madly.

 

That's it!

 

That is the first time he winked to someone who flirts with him and it makes the alarm bell on Soonyoung's head. He's mad right now, very mad because he hates those Seokmin's teases to others, not for him. He abruptly stands up causing some customers beside him to look at him weirdly but that doesn't stop the three stupid girls, even Seokmin. Jealousy already ate his whole being. He wants to yell at them that Seokmin is his, his boyfriend for Cupid's sake! He's not easy to be jealous of small things but it still has limits, knowing he's just shrugging it every time and we're talking about Seokmin here.

 

Soonyoung doesn't mind everything now since his mind is already black, nothing can see. He stomps out of the store with fuming face not giving last glance to Seokmin.

 

When the three girls received their orders, they give goodbyes to Seokmin and he gives a smile and wave before turning to his side to look for Soonyoung but to his surprise, he is not there anymore. He scratches his head in confusion because as he remember, they are going to stroll around the Han River tonight. He is worried because Soonyoung always inform him if he will leave the cafe. He just keep in mind to call him later.

 

ღღღ

 

Soonyoung, Mingyu, Jihoon, Hansol and Seungkwan meet at the mall the next week. The others are busy, some are still in vacation that's why they can't come. It's already a week since the incident in SVT cafe Soonyoung wishes to not even remember it ever. Also the next day after that, his jealousy already subsided and nothing changed, still keep in touch through messages and video calls but Soonyoung didn't visit the store for a week, still troubling with the feeling. He feels the guilt after he heard a worried Seokmin that night when he called him. He acted childish and stupid just for that but he's human too, he can be jealous and Seokmin is still oblivious with it. He doesn't like that thing because he should only do that to him.

 

“Vacation is going to end in just two days.” Hansol says with full of excitement whereas Seungkwan is still not fond of school stuffs.

 

“And our 100th days as a couple is also near and I still can't think of a good gift.” Jihoon groans loudly, messing his hair because he's frustrated now.

 

“Just buy something he will appreciate.” Mingyu answers with full of support to his friend and the others nod.

 

Soonyoung flinches at the mention of 100th days. He fishes out his phone before opening the calendar application. He silently counts the days since he and Seokmin become a couple and his eyes widen. He re-counts it again and he's not wrong, tomorrow will be our 100th days!

 

Soonyoung right now is struggling to think of a good present for his boyfriend. He listens to Jihoon and others' bickering for presents and he silently gathers some information because this is the first time he will give a present to someone. Truth to be told, he's a fan of romance yet he doesn't know anything than reading or watching some romantic stories. Seokmin always pay, suggest, decide and think for everything because he always answers a mumbled 'just up to you' because honestly, he can't think of good idea that would be fun to do.

 

Until he remembers something he wrote on his diary when he was a kid, that that thing would be the first gift he will ever give to the person he will love in the future and his lips curl up at the memory earning weird looks from his friends.

 

ღღღ

 

Today is the day. Soonyoung's face lights up after putting his gift in a white box before putting red ribbon to make it look presentable. He takes a piece of greeting card before scribbling some lame yet sweet words onto it before sticking it and perfect! He's done with the present. His mother shows up from the kitchen and when she sees the gift, she smiles. She walks towards her son before giving a motherly hug which the latter hugs back.

 

“A gift for Seokmin?” She asks with teasing tone and he only nods.

 

“Have fun with him. Always keep safe okay? Also regards to him.”

 

“Yes mom. I have to go now.” He gives a peck on her cheeks before leaving their house with a wide smile.

 

 

 

On his walk, he could feel his face blushing already because this is the first he will give a gift for someone. Nervousness already creeping on his body yet he keeps the positive vibes, not ruining the good day he has. He hugs the box tightly as if his life depended on it. It's just that, this is a very special day for him and he can't contain his feelings now. His friends are right: the feeling of being in love is very strange yet giving you so much energy.

 

Birds are chirping, making soothing noises along with those steps from people he pass by. The weather is good, everything is good and it accords to his plan. He even dyed his hair yesterday, covering the newly grow black hair into blonde again but this time, he put some highlights of light blue, making him very attractive and look more innocent.

 

 

 

Seokmin works early since this is the last day of vacation before school starts again. He loves what he's doing, helping his parents. There are few customers this morning and his mother served for them before she left the cafe and Seokmin is now manning up for the cashier.

 

When there's no one entering the cafe, he moves to the pastries place. He arranged the newly baked cakes of the shop's chef before decorating the menu board with lots of heart.

 

Speaking of cake, he made a heart-shaped cake for Soonyoung because today is very special day for them. He makes sure that the cake is coated with light pink icings and strawberries, what Soonyoung loves the most. He asked their chef to help him bake a cake because he's still young to bake but at least he has enough knowledge from watching his parents. Because of that, he smiles very wide because he's excited to see him now.

 

As he cleans the front table, someone enters the shop and he immediately greets the person but his expression drops, his face becomes very pale at the sight.

 

“M-Minyoung.” He mumbles, he could feel he's shaking right now.

 

“Seokminnie!” The girl beams at him, running fast as he clings her arms to his.

 

Seokmin tries his best to remove the grip and Minyoung only gives him a pout. “Yah~” She whines. “Don't you miss me?”

 

“W-Why are y-you here all of the sudden?!” His voice is shaking now but he manages to sound very angry. When he successfully removes her arm, he gives a confused to her.

 

She looks at him innocently, as if nothing happened before, “I'm here to get you back.”

 

Before Seokmin can argue back with her, she immediately leans forward causing his eyes widen in shock and it gets him off guard at what happens next. He trembles from his position as her lips touches his. His face is already paler than minutes ago as if someone his blood. He's about to pull back when he hears the door opens and at the same time he hears something glass shatters catching his attention.

 

Seokmin's heart sinks deep at the sight of Soonyoung, his mouth gape open and eyes wide in shock. He could see how those tears roll down through his cheeks roughly, making him very fragile at that moment. His heart even hurt more when Soonyoung gives a scared, sad expression.

 

Soonyoung dashes out of the shop without saying anything and Seokmin pulls back from Minyoung roughly causing her to sit to the floor. The customers who witnessed it look shock at the commotion, mostly because of the sound of shattered glass inside the box. Seokmin runs out to look for Soonyoung and explain everything, frustrated because he's very stupid. When he's outside of the shop, he sees no sight of him making him in agony.

 

He wants to scream now but he can't, his heart locking his voice. His head starts to throb, can't think straight. The sight of scared Soonyoung breaks his heart and it's all his fault. His eyes land on the white box. He immediately approaches it before opening it without hesitation. Inside the box, a broken glassed picture frame with a photo of him and Soonyoung on their first date. He punches the floor, not even thinking about the customers see him. His knuckles is now bleeding from open bruises and it's painful. Yet, not painful as Soonyoung's state now. When he notices the card, he opens it before reading and it makes the tears slips from his eyes, making the piece of paper wet.

 

 

 

To Seokmin,

Happy 100th days to us as a couple and today is special day right?

I want to share my life with you for the rest of my life, kissing you until the end of time.

Your lips should be sealed with mine only, got it?

I love you so much and I will love you forever~

Love, your Soonshine :)

 


 

[A/N] In this world, not every time is full of fluffiness.

 

I'm sorry please forgive me :<

the last chapter is not written well so tried another otp for update and I guess I'm satisfied with this