Weird romanticism

Just a kiss~

Chapter XVIII

 

“Alright, please go sit and we will resume the physics class now.” The teacher calmly instructs to the Chinese boy which he obediently do. He walks through until he reaches the empty seat in front row and the other students are still looking at him until he sits beside him. Junhui puts his bag beside his table before shifting to more comfortable position, fixing his uniform. He turns on his side and looks at the boy who caught his attention moments ago. As the teacher is still preparing for the topic she will discuss, he stares at the black headed boy for awhile, examining his perfect features. Cute.

 

Wonwoo can already feel the presence of the new student yet he can't greet him. Maybe it's because he's not still used to it, being a shy and quiet one. He hesitantly turns his head and is surprised that the boy is actually looking at him. Their gazes meet for seconds and Wonwoo feels the heat creeping through his body and he becomes shy for unknown reason. The Chinese boy blinks innocently before flashing a bright smile, eyes twinkling.

 

“Hello. I'm Wen Junhui.” He stretches his hand near Wonwoo with a smile, not breaking the eye contact.

 

Wonwoo slowly reaches it, shaking it gently. “I'm Jeon Wonwoo.” He says in a low volume yet the other can still hear him.

 

“I guess you will be my seatmate for the rest of the year so I hope we can be good friends.” Junhui says with a brighter smile that can lighten up the whole Seoul and Wonwoo finds himself also smiling back the him as he nods cheerfully with twinkling eyes and shades of pink on his pale cheeks.

 

But behind those bright smiles is a dark aura with tearing glare coming from a tall boy.

 

At the mean time, Mingyu is now fuming in jealousy after he saw the interaction of that Chinese student with Wonwoo. He can't believe he just smiled at him very wide and for the first time, not to Mingyu but to that new comer. He maybe childish to hear all his rants in his head but he's being possessive over him lately though they don't have relationship labels other than best friends.

 

Fuming almighty Mingyu is an understatement.

 

Mingyu is still giving mad looks at the Chinese boy, unable to count the amount of needles he's already stabbing at the back of him. If that were happening right now, maybe that guy is already dead, really. He groans not that loud enough for someone to hear as he can't focus now at the lesson.

 

Hours passed and Mingyu is uncomfortably ticking his pen, very impatient to end the class. He's trying to get Wonwoo's attention but damnit, their tables are far from each other! Don't forget that Junhui guy and Wonwoo are still conversing something he can't hear for Pete's sake. That kind of sight drives him crazy now.

 

He tries his best of his best to shrug off the two, especially that bastard Chinese boy who is obviously flirting his precious Wonwoo, and focuses in front of the class but history is not a good subject at all. Not when it's already past 2pm which means it's the most boring part of the day. He sighs and immediately leans at the chair support behind him.

 

At some part of his head, Mingyu is happy for Wonwoo because he has new friend (what he assumes because they are talking casually) aside from the eight of them and his brother. He's not a selfish boy but hey, but we're talking about Wonwoo here, duh. Wonwoo is Mingyu's person of possession and it's an understatement if you ask.

 

Those smiles Wonwoo giving to Junhui guy almost wreck his nerves. It happened to be him, the one who always see those beautiful smiles and expressions. Wonwoo is an introvert person and he's only doing that in front of his friends recently, mostly only with Mingyu alone.

 

 

 

Jeonghan shifts a bit near Seungcheol who is scribbling notes, tapping his arm for couple of times. He gestures the other to come closer as he will say something. Seungcheol is confused but gives in because of curiosity. “I think someone here is jealous over Wonwoo and the Chinese guy.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Mingyu.” Jeonghan points at the tallest among his friends.

 

Seungcheol follows the direction he's pointing at, landing on Mingyu whose eyes are uh... glaring straight to the Chinese boy. It's like he already has a knife stabbed deep on his back. He becomes worried at him and at the same time, concerned at the new student because Mingyu is a very childish possessive brat who whines every time someone tries to flirt with Wonwoo. He needs to prepare his ears now. “I think so- wait, how did you know that?!”

 

“Just a smart guess?” Jeonghan says innocently, doing his infamous aegyo expression and Seungcheol only blinks at him. “What?”

 

“Never mind. I smell rivalries now and I think I'm loving to anticipate it.” Seungcheol becomes amuse to see the upcoming war of the century. Not that he wants to have fun but it's a challenge for Mingyu to win his heart though. Let the battle begins!

 

ღღღ

 

The bell rings in Mingyu's relief, indicating that the last class is already done. The students break the horrifying silence as soon as the teacher left the room. Mingyu stretches his whole body, aching from sitting for long amount of time while listening to his teachers' discussion or more like whining something he doesn't care. When he feels  his body is comfortable, he starts to pack all his things as quick as he can and plans to ask Wonwoo to go with him at the mall. Another date,  Mingyu thought with a creepy smile but no one notices it.

 

The three disgusting couples and unfortunately Mingyu's friends are already leaving, waving at him as one by one of them goes out the room. He doesn't need to ask, they will just probably do their lovey dovey session and Mingyu is used to it. At least he has Wonwoo to accompany him, and him accompanying the almighty.

 

Mingyu is approaching Wonwoo while slinging his bag on his back, making already few steps, “Hey Won-”

 

“Can you give me a trip here in school? If you don't mind though.” Junhui pops out of nowhere and Mingyu questions if this bastard Chinese is a magician or what. This blocker .

 

Mingyu doesn't have the chance to interrupt the two when Wonwoo immediately nods with a small smile on his face, doesn't even notice Mingyu's presence just meters away. Through his expression, Mingyu's heart clenches painfully suffocating him to death. Today is just the first half day of the Chinese boy yet he causes a big commotion to Mingyu and it annoys him to hell.

 

Mingyu glares at Junhui without him knowing as he sits back again on his place. He just sets a fire between them though the other doesn't know anything yet. “Mingyu? Hey Mingyu.”

 

Jisoo calls for Mingyu several times again yet to no avail. He looks at the direction where he is looking and oh, Wonwoo and Junhui is talking again with smiles on their face. He sighs because he already gets what is happening. With one last call, he has to do it to get his attention. “MINGYU!”

 

Mingyu releases a not-so-manly squeak when he gets back from his flying thought, earning weird looks from their classmates, including Wonwoo and Junhui. His face starts to blush because it's not a good one since Wonwoo saw him on that embarrassing state. Jisoo's scream right on his ear aches painfully, still echoing his own name on it. He looks up and starts to glare now at his friend, “What the hell is that for bull?”

 

“Son, I've been calling for you what I think ages.”

 

“Whatever over-aged oldie.” Mingyu rolls his eyes, not amused.

 

“You jealous?” Jisoo says in a teasing tone, wiggling his brows.

 

“The you're talking about?” Mingyu tries to make a y face but it doesn't affect Jisoo though, he's a forever small ball of happiness.

 

“Well duh.” Jisoo rolls his eyes because Mingyu is not a good actor. “Don't you think I didn't notice those glare you are giving on poor Junhui guy every time he's talking with Wonwoo who happened to smile at him? Your glares will melt him if we can't control it.” Jisoo smiles when Mingyu starts to fume again, his face red in both anger and embarrassment.

 

“I am not.”

 

“You are.”

 

“No!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“I said no.”

 

“Yes you are definitely-”

 

“ I am so stop interrogating me already!”

 

“Good- Oh, Wonwoo and Junhui are now leaving. Good luck my son.” With one mischievous smirk, Jisoo leaves the room while happily hops once in a while. He should be in mental hospital now. Mingyu stares at the two retreating body in not amusing look and Wonwoo doesn't even say anything to him, just a wave or a look, just leaving him alone with that Junhui kid. He  needs someone to talk to and you know where he's going now.

 

ღღღ

 

“Have you seen that Seungcheol? That Junhui is obviously flirting with Wonwoo!” Mingyu huffs as he sits at Seungcheol's bed, whining everything what just happened at the school. Seungcheol sighs in defeat because whiny Mingyu is a cup of stress with annoying voice at the top of it.

 

“I know-”

 

“And I'm so mad now because he even got Wonwoo's attention! He smiled at him Seungcheol! He smiled! Then he just left me alone after class, not even saying something or wave.”

 

“Mingyu, please calm-”

 

“And he can't keep away his hands from Wonwoo, doing some skinships and- oophf!” Mingyu stops from talking non-stop, cutting Seungcheol every time he tries to talk and it's already annoying for him. Because of that, he throws a pillow straight to Mingyu face and it's a little bit strong.

 

“Hey! What was that for-”

 

“Shut the up first Mingyu okay? You talk like you never lose air.” Seungcheol demands in a serious tone and Mingyu obediently does like a kicked puppy. Seungcheol sighs longer than the usual. “Look, I know you are jealous but this Junhui is a new student for Spears' sake-”

 

“You love Britney Spears-”

 

“ Mingyu just listen to me. Of course, he will talk to the first person beside him like do you have a common sense?” Seungcheol's face softens because Mingyu's expression changes to a hurt one and he feels guilty. “Okay, I didn't mean it. It's just that, can't you be mature? You are acting very childish and it's not good for you, not in front of Wonwoo.”

 

The two then immediately spend silence, an awkward one. Mingyu's head lowers, tears threatening to fall. Seungcheol is alarmed with the action so he hugs him protectively, trying to lessen the tension. “Mingyu,” he whispers, “I'm very supportive for you to get Wonwoo but you need to sort out of it alone. You should know how to act in right timing because what if Wonwoo doesn't like that attitude? Try to know Junhui first, don't make a rush conclusion that he is flirting. Even so if he is, then act like a true man who will do his best to get his love of his life.”

 

“Do you really read mangas and you memorize the last line?”

 

“You know that line? That's so freaking cheesy advice!” Seungcheol comes back again to his cheerful ball of sunshine side and Mingyu rolls his eyes. He doesn't even know if serious Seungcheol really happened seconds ago.

 

“Whatever. Just confess to him soon.” Seungcheol removes his body from Mingyu, looking straight at him.

 

“But I'm afraid that he doesn't feel the same.” Mingyu's lips turn into thin one, imagining him being rejected may set him into death.

 

“How can you know that if you don't at least try? What if someone confess to him first? What if it is Junhui? That will be a lose to you.”

 

With this, Mingyu's ego perks to the highest limit and Seungcheol facepalms, not a good thing to mention new Chinese student with Wonwoo. Seungcheol can see the fire in his eyes already and he doesn't know what to feel. But he never expects that Mingyu's expression changes again to a neutral one and it's new to Seungcheol's liking. Maybe he's trying to control his feelings. “Just... Just give some time for this.” He mumbles, not knowing what to do at the possibilities of Wonwoo's reaction once he confess his feelings.

 

Then Mingyu comes back from whining again. Seungcheol faints.

 


 

[A/N] SURPRISE! lol