Rivaux

Just a kiss~

Chapter XIX

 

The wonderful Monday and a new week comes once again and today’s morning is great to begin with. The sun shines bright as its light touches the skin smoothly, radiating up to students’ faces as they enter the school with huge smiles on their faces. On top of it, the first two weeks of school passed by peacefully.

 

Or so you thought.

 

Mingyu, on a very good Monday morning, is now fuming in anger with crossed arms on his chest as he sits silently on his seat, not minding the disgusting Seungcheol and Jihoon beside him. It has been a week since Wonwoo and Junhui always stick together and Wonwoo already forgot that Mingyu still exists. His best friend to be exact.

 

And what he’s angry about is that, that Junhui guy is always cutting him off even before he can say or ask something to Wonwoo. And for couple of times he constantly cut Mingyu last week with innocent entrance voice, he doesn’t know but he always caught this stupid Chinese with a smug smirk on his face after doing that. Well, he understands he is new to the school but of all students inside their room, why can’t he just detach himself to Wonwoo and try befriending to others? He doesn’t know if he is doing that on a purpose or it is just always accident. Of course, the almighty Mingyu would think it isn’t an accident.

 

Minutes later, Mingyu comes off from his thought when he sees his beloved Wonwoo takes his entrance to the room. His eyes twinkle at the sight and is about to greet him when the person he really hates also enters the room on the right cue, immediately putting his right arm around Wonwoo’s shoulder. Junhui’s gaze meets his deadly one and he only smirks as if he’s taunting the taller. The two sits next to each other, talking something Mingyu doesn’t hear due to their distance. He keeps glaring at Junhui and he can see that he is still looking through the corner of his eyes once in a while. He smirks again as he slings again his arm to Wonwoo and their faces are inches away and Mingyu tries to keep him cool.

 

Thankfully, Wonwoo turns around to look at Mingyu with a small smile pasted on his face and if you ask Mingyu what he loves the most, it’s his smile. “Good morning Mingyu.” He says with a wave.

 

Mingyu stops glaring at Junhui and focuses his eyes on Wonwoo only, smiling very wide, adding sly smirk just in case Junhui sees it. “Good morning to you too, Wonwoo.” He can clearly see that the other is not smiling or smirking anymore, just a poker face for his liking.

 

Mingyu and Wonwoo starts conversing for the past minutes as Mingyu goes in front and sits next to Wonwoo so that they can talk clearly. They talk about random things quietly while laughing, like what they usually do. How much Mingyu misses to hang out with Wonwoo like this, if this Junhui didn’t pop up out of nowhere. Speaking of Junhui, the other is just listening to them with poker expression still on his face. He doesn’t know what’s on his head but he needs extra careful because he might be his rival.

 

“Oh, and I’m sorry I can’t join you watch your favorite movie last Saturday.”

 

“It’s okay.” Mingyu answers even though there’s slight disappointment on his tone.

 

“Anyway Junhui, this is Mingyu my best friend. Mingyu, this is Junhui.” Wonwoo speaks on a soft voice as he looks to the two, introducing them to each other. They just stare intently with unpleasing expression to each other but Mingyu could feel the fire starting to grow at the middle. The two keeps glaring not so obviously at each other until Wonwoo awkwardly coughs at the strange feeling between him.

 

“Oh, right. I’m Wen Junhui. Nice to meet you Mingyu.” Junhui stretches his hand as his smiles brightly. A fake one.

 

“Nice meeting you too Junhui.” Mingyu gives back a fake huge grin, accepting the hand before shaking it.

 

But unknown to Wonwoo, they squeeze their hands tightly and painfully as if they both receive their messages to each other.

 

ღღღ

 

The time flies faster than it seems and it’s now their lunch break. Mingyu and his friends are sitting to their spot in the cafeteria downstairs. Usually, the nine of them are huddled together, eating their lunches while having some loud conversations but it seems that someone is already missing since last week.

 

“I wonder where Wonwoo is. He’s pretty missing since last week.” Seungkwan asks as he chew his octopus-sliced hotdog.

 

“Our pretty Wonwoo is busy entertaining the Chinese boy lately.” Seungcheol answers as he begins feeding Jihoon a spoonful fried rice. He glances at Mingyu who stuffs his food angrily without munching it. “Oh, Wonwoo’s there!”

 

Mingyu chokes on the food inside his mouth roughly, slapping his chest hard at the mention of Wonwoo’s name for he doesn’t know why. Maybe he just misses his Wonwoo so bad. Everyone panics at Mingyu’s coughing coarsely state so Soonyoung who is sitting next to him grabs Jihoon’s bottle of water, ignoring the protest from the shorter. He opens it quickly before passing it to the tallest among them with concerned look. Mingyu engulfs the water quickly before mumbling a soft ‘thank you’to his blonde best friend. He turns around to see Wonwoo and Junhui walking side by side, going straight to get foods and his blood boils again with a smile on Wonwoo’s face for Pete’s ing sake. He takes the water again and gulps it fast.

 

“Are you jealous Mingyu?” Jihoon questions with a smirk and everyone swiftly looks at Mingyu.

 

This time, seemingly shocked at the blunt question, Mingyu spits spray out the water inside his mouth hastily and thankfully no one is sitting in front of him but it’s still disgusting though. He quickly wipes the water dripping at the side of his mouth before glaring at Jihoon, not amused that he choked twice today. “What the hell Jihoon?! Of course no!” He exclaimed, making his answer as confident as he can.

 

“Then why are you glaring at them?”

 

“I’m not glaring!” Mingyu defends, stuffing his food again on his mouth.

 

“You are blushing Mingyu.” Seungkwan announces while resting chin on his hands and everyone laughs at Mingyu’s poor state.

 

“I am not!”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“No!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“—”

 

“Uh. Hi.” Everyone stops from teasing Mingyu and turns around to where the voice came from. Wonwoo is standing there awkwardly and Mingyu smiles seconds before changes into snort when Junhui shows behind him. His eyes start burning from the sight. “I’m sorry I can’t join you last week.”

 

“It’s okay Wonwoo. Come and sit with us— Oh! Hello Junhui.” Jeonghan greets the two with an angelic smile.

 

“Hello.” Junhui shyly greets back with a smile, waving at them.

 

Wonwoo sits beside Seungcheol and Junhui sits next to him; apparently in front of Mingyu to his distaste. “Hi Mingyu.” Wonwoo greets him with a sweet smile and Mingyu’s heart starts pounding loudly, almost getting out of his chest. Butterflies tickle his stomach and he’s in urge to just kiss him right in front of his friends. But almighty is a big scaredy cat.

 

“Hello to you too Won—”

 

“Hi Mingyu.” . Junhui cuts him again from talking to Wonwoo, smiling at him but then again, it is obvious it’s fake. What the hell is problem with this Chinese?!

 

Trying to contemplate not to punch Junhui, Mingyu gives him a huge huge fake smile. “Hello Junhui. Nice meeting you again.”

 

“Yes, it’s so nice.” Junhui emphasizes the last word as if he’s stabbing daggers.

 

Seungcheol, aware at the unknown aura between the two, tries to get their attention. “Hey Junhui!” He calls the Chinese boy, looking at him with a small grin. “I forgot to introduce ourselves. I’m Seungcheol and this…” He points at the baby clinging at him the whole week, “This is Jihoon.” Jihoon waves at him a bit, flashing a bright smile.

 

“You have an adorable boyfriend.” Junhui compliments Seungcheol, reaching his hand to shake as their family’s tradition. “Hello. I’m so happy to meet you all though I see you at the room.” Then one by one, they introduce themselves to Junhui.

 

“Soooo, you’re pretty close to Wonwoo now huh?” Jisoo speaks, giving some teasing looks towards Mingyu.

 

“Yep! He’s very friendly and comfortable to talk to. I want to talk to others too but I don’t know how to approach you all.” With the statement, Mingyu notices that Wonwoo’s face has slight blushes. What the hell?!

 

“Really? It’s good to hear that.”

 

“He’s very cool. He even asked me to come to their house last Saturday—”

 

All of the sudden, Mingyu slams his hands at the table loudly and forcefully, standing abruptly with unreadable expression causing everyone to flinch from they are doing, turning their looks at him with shocked expression at his impulsive action, even Wonwoo, Junhui and the students around them. For seconds, no one dares to break the tension and silence until Mingyu comes back from his thought. He blinks twice, thinking everything yet doesn’t know why he did that. The time his gaze lands on Wonwoo makes his heart sinks. His eyes are all wide and his expression seems, scared? Very scared because that’s the first time Mingyu shows his short tempered side. His eyes widen, the unusual one, at the realization hitting him inside. With one last look at his friends and Wonwoo, he excuses himself silently before marching out of the cafeteria with heavy feelings even him can’t explain.

 

All he knows is that Wonwoo just decline him to join him watch the new season of his favorite movie because of Junhui. Even weekends Junhui is taking Wonwoo away from him! Curse him to death.

 

ღღღ

 

Unfortunately at Physics class, the teacher groups them for a project which is very early for that and most of them groans in irritation but hey, what can they do; and for upcoming Science camp which is a month from now. A group consists of three members and Mingyu is eager to be with Wonwoo so that he can have his time, without someone who is very annoying. He crisscrosses his both two fingers as his ritual, hoping his teacher will call him along with Wonwoo’s name. He doesn’t care about the other member. Unless it’s Wen Junhui for Good heaven’s sake.

 

“So the second to the last group consists of Lee Chan, Yoon Jeonghan and Hong Jisoo.” Mingyu doesn’t listen to their teacher that’s why he doesn’t know whose names are already mentioned but all he knew is that his and Wonwoo’s name are not yet called. He keeps mumbling ‘Please! Please! Please!’ repeatedly as he closes his eyes tightly.

 

“The last group will Kim Mingyu, Jeon Wonwoo and Xu Minghao.”

 

Mingyu celebrates his victory in his mind, doesn’t even bother listening anymore the time he hears Wonwoo’s name. Party poppers crack on his mind and he can still hear it. All he knows right now is he can have a lot of time with Wonwoo. Studying together, making projects and meeting for their upcoming camping. Sleeping together with Wonwoo is nice to hear—

 

“Mr. Lee, Junhui is not mentioned in any groups.” Wonwoo announces and Mingyu stops from what he’s thinking before his eyes widen. Did he just… ruin my victory party?

 

“Oh, right. I’m sorry. Wonwoo, is it okay if I put him on your group?” Say no! Say no Won—

 

“It’s fine with me sir.” He responds to the teacher before smiling at Junhui which returns by the Chinese. But Mingyu catches the smirk formed on his lips the second looks away.

 

Oh crap almighty hates this feeling…

 

 

 

The four of them are now sitting inside the SVT café along with some groups and his friends but separated from them. They decided to set a meeting since the concept of their invention is needed next week. Wonwoo asks Minghao if he can join their meeting for the project after class and the latter agrees that he will come.

 

“H-Hi. I’m Xu Minghao. I’m Chinese too.” Minghao greetsthem shyly when he arrives at the shop, his pale face is combined with slight shades of pink.

 

“Wow. Nice meeting you. I’m Wen Junhui!” Junhui beams at him, flashing bright smile and Mingyu notices those blushes are getting darker for he doesn’t know why.

 

“Hello Minghao. I’m Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

“I’m Kim Mingyu. Hope we can be friends.” Mingyu tries to be as polite as he can, although Junhui is getting clingier to Wonwoo compare the last week to his disgust and his temper is getting shorter again.

 

Wonwoo leads the meeting as he suggests great ideas for the concept of their invention. The rest are listening carefully to what he says, taking down notes just in case they forget it. After around 25 minutes of talk, Minghao leaves the shop because of important thing to do and they understand him. He’s a scholar after all. Being scholar is very difficult compare to them just enrolled using their parents’ money.

 

“I’ll just go to rest room.” Wonwoo announces before standing up and walks towards the rest room at the right corner.

 

The two keeps smiling tightly until Wonwoo is out of their sight. With that, their expressions change. Mingyu’s bright face becomes y one while Junhui’s smile become small, more like slight smirk. “Spill it.” Mingyu demands when they hear the door closed.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Stop being innocent here.” Junhui’s smile turns into smirk, an evil one while looking straight at Mingyu’s sharp one. “Don’t you think I didn’t notice your teasing smirks and looks; even cutting me off when I tried talking to Wonwoo?”

 

“I get it. Well…” Junhui shifts a bit from his seat, “Don’t you think I didn’t notice your glares the time I sat next to Wonwoo?”

 

“You are taking him away from us.”

 

“Or more like taking him away from you.”

 

“Damn you.”

 

“Are you jealous?” Junhui’s smirk becomes more obvious and Mingyu is furious now at how this stupid Chinese taunt him.

 

“You don’t ing care.” Mingyu spits out dangerously, as if he’s threatening him.

 

“No cursing giant baby face.” Junhui shakes his head as if he’s disappointed to his son. “But well, Wonwoo is kind of my type so the first time I saw him I didn’t think twice to sit next to him. Shy, blush easily, quiet nature and has a pale skin.”

 

“Don’t you dare—”

 

“Confessing?” Junhui cuts him again, “Well, it’s not yet on my plan but I’m gonna get him. Let’s see who will win his heart.”

 

Mingyu opens his mouth, ready to retort back when Wonwoo comes out of the rest room. In an instant, Junhui’s smirk comes back again to a flashed bright smile he always do when he’s with Wonwoo. “If you don’t mind, let’s pretend we’re close. Seems like you don’t like me even a bit. Shall we?” Junhui says with cheerful tone before he finally looks away from Mingyu.

 

 

 

God damn this arrogant .

 


 

[A/N] Honestly, I don't know what should be the next updates because I'm running out of ideas XD

Anyway, those who want to see my pic, just go to my profile loooooooooooooooooool

/busies myself watching Ouran Highschool Host Club/ BYE