Brave lover

Just a kiss~

Chapter XVI

 

Soonyoung runs as fast as he can, tears still rolling down through his now already rosy cheeks. He doesn't care how he look now, even those people he bump from running, giving him worried and confused look at the same time. The sight at the shop minutes ago almost burn his eyes in anger because today should be a special one but he guesses it's already ruined.

 

Seokmin and the girl, kissing.

 

He feels a painful stab on his heart on the thought because he trusts Seokmin so much, always shrugging off the fact he's always flirting with girls at the cafe. He doesn't understand to why Seokmin wants to hide their relationship for this too long. He respects what he wants but making it long, he could feel something he doesn't want to happen, or it already happened. Unintentional suspicions are swimming through his mind but he's too scared to confront Seokmin, he trusts him so much. He loves him so much.

 

Is he cheating?

 

Does he really prefer girls?

 

Does he really... love me?

 

Soonyoung sobs loudly as he reaches their house and he can feel he will faint anytime because this is the first time he is really tired from running, adding the stressful event makes it more worse. His eyes is puffy, very red from crying his feelings now. His head starts to throb and he's lacking of breathe. The next thing he can remember after he weakly opens the door is his mother rushing towards him, calling him with faint voice.

 

ღღღ

 

Soonyoung is walking to an unfamiliar place where it is full of flowers and butterflies. The sky is beautiful and the weather is very warm. The air breeze gently taps his skin giving him shivers through his spine.

 

He wanders around the place until he notice a big castle just meters away from him. He jogs towards it with full of anticipation, wondering who is living there. When he reaches the big castle made with bricks and rocks, he looks for the entrance. As he enters the castle, he can see many antiques and jewels the cost your life or even higher than that. He roams around and thankfully, he can see no one around, not even the knights.

 

He can feel his feet starting to give up from walking up the deadly stairs and he still can't see someone. He's about to shout when he notices a big door made of wood. It's different from the doors he pass by recently. The door is carved with unique designs. Curious about what or who is inside, he silently opens the door making crack sounds. He slips his eye and he can see a boy, around his age, wearing prestigious attire. He's analyzing the face until it hit him. That's Lee Seokmin! That's his lover.

 

Soonyoung is about to open it wide when a girl he assumes a princess shows though his sight, right in front of Seokmin. His eyes widen when their faces are just few inches away. He opens the door but before he can step forward, someone grips on his both arms. He looks at the side and there are two knights wearing silver armor holding him and it's painful.

 

“SEOKMIN!” He starts to shout, while the two knights are dragging him down.

 

“SEOKMIN PLEASE LOOK AT ME!” He screams out his lungs and his eyes almost pop out when Seokmin and princess' face is just inch away and tears starts to pool down. He screams very loud, wailing from the grip.

 

“SEOKMIN PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!”

 

The door abruptly opens and Mrs. Kwon is shock because his son is screaming his lover's name in sleep. She immediately sits next to him, shaking him so that it will wake him up while wiping the tears. After several shakes, Soonyoung's eyes dart open, puffy and red and his hair is a mess. His body is sweating hard, wetting his shirt.

 

“M-Mom.” Soonyoung mumbles before hugging his mom very tight. He's trembling now and Mrs. Kwon is worried so much for his son.

 

“A nightmare?” She asks but receives nothing, just an unfixed and shallow breathing. “What happened? Tell me, I will listen.”

 

“S-Seokmin.” He can hear his sobs and he gently pats his baby boy's back to lessen the tension on his body.

 

“What's with Seokmin?”

 

“I-I saw him a-and h-he is k-kissing a g-girl.” Soonyoung stutters because this makes his heart clench. “H-He even still wants to hide our relationship! H-He's cheating on me!” This time, his voice raises up making his mom shock a bit.

 

“Calm down, baby. Did you ask for any explanations?” She gives an assuring touches on his cheeks.

 

“Why would I need to ask when I saw it right in front of me.” Soonyoung huffs, crossing his arms on his chest.

 

“Does his parents know about your relationship?” Soonyoung's mother asks with a soothing voice and he calms down a little bit but still, he's fuming like a mad cat. When he nods, his mother sighs.

 

“Look. Who ever a man told his parents that he's in love with another man? I don't know if you see the logic my baby but I can see that Seokmin loves you very much. He even introduced you to his parents and you know here in our country, they don't tolerate that kind of relationship. Maybe he's just scared that others might not accept him for what he is. I'm not saying this because I like him for you but, just talk about this.” Mrs. Kwon caresses his son's cheeks and he closes his eyes because it's very warm, like Seokmin's.

 

“But what about the kiss he shared with a girl?” She can still feel the venom on Soonyoung's voice but not that much now.

 

“Just ask for an explanation. I can see Seokmin is not that type of a person who will cheat on you. If anything is not going on the good side, then let's just accept the reality. But don't lose hope my son.” She gives a smile and Soonyoung also smiles but not the wide one he always used. “Be positive. I'm also here to back you up baby. Just confront him tomorrow even though you're still hurting. If you take it longer, the more you will lose him and hurt yourself. Don't get eat by your madness okay? Just looking on Seokmin's eyes, I can see he really does love you.” With one last kiss on his cheeks, Mrs. Kwon stands up and leaves the room.

 

Mrs. Kwon unlocks his phone before typing a message with a smile,

 

11:32pm Seokmin: He's fine now. I understand everything, please explain to him everything, clear the misunderstandings. I know you're not a bad person and you're also my son. Please take care my beloved baby, please give him much love. Good night.

 

 

 

Soonyoung gets his phone from the nightstand and he is flood with bunch of messages and missed calls from Seokmin. He sighs deeply, thinking of how to talk to him tomorrow. He doesn't want to lose him so he will fight for it. Maybe his mother is right. He could feel his eyes becoming heavy again and his mind is starting to get blank. With one last stare on his phone, he types a message for Seokmin.

 

11:37pm Seokminnie <3: Meet me in front of your school.

 

ღღღ

 

It's early in the morning yet the school is already crowded with students. Majority of them are freshmen and transferees. Soonyoung marches through the first floor building, meeting some familiar faces and teachers. He walks up straight the their assigned room. Thankfully, nothing changed and he's still classmates with his friends, just added with Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Seungkwan and Hansol to his excitement. The four of them voluntarily exchanged section along with two students while his six former section mates are on the other section, wanting also to exchange rooms.

 

As soon as he enters the room, he is greeted with the love birds with their disgusting skinships. Wonwoo is silently reading a book while Mingyu is sitting next to him, very close. He wonders if Mingyu is flirting with him or what because it's still not confirmed. The two of them are very close to each other and he thinks there's a possibility that they will end up dating, if Wonwoo is not straight. He chuckles at it before shouting incoherent sounds and everyone stops from what they are doing.

 

“You are so noisy.” Jihoon says with a glare, unbelievable he's destroying the goodness of morning.

 

“You are disgusting, clinging with Seungcheol. I feel bad for him because it's disgusting of you.” He counters back with a beam.

 

“Whatever.” Jihoon shrugs before continuing his lovey dovey moments.

 

 

 

The nine of them are huddled together at the side, talking and laughing very loud, starring Boo Seungkwan and Kim Mingyu. Soonyoung also speaks with the two, but minimal compare before. He doesn't know why but he doesn't feel the goodness of morning, knowing he's bringing a very heavy feelings. That doesn't go unnoticed by his friends, giving confused looks to him every once and a while.

 

Jeonghan, sitting next to Soonyoung, whispers to him, “Are you okay? You look like you're spacing out now.”

 

Soonyoung flinches from the small voice before looking to Jeonghan. “I'm fine don't worry. Just lack of sleep.” He smiles, a fake one. Thankfully, Jeonghan doesn't ask further more because he's not in his own mind.

 

“Anyway, we have three couples here and unfortunately, the other one there is the most disgusting couple I've even seen.” Jisoo announces, fake gagging at Seungcheol and Jihoon, the short pink haired boy always clinging on his boyfriend.

 

“At least I'm not while my boyfriend is kissing me.” Jihoon says bluntly, giving teasing smirk at the now flustered Jisoo and Jeonghan.

 

“And we have three still single boys here. So tell me, when will you hook up for your girlfriends? Or boyfriends.” Seungkwan says without hesitation, creepy smile pasted on his face with ugly eyes trying to do eye-smile.

 

Everyone turns their eyes at Wonwoo first with anticipating looks and because of that, Wonwoo blushes madly. “I-I don't know. I-I'm not yet ready.” He says with a mumble, not looking straight to any of them.

 

“How about you?” Jihoon looks at Mingyu, rather glaring. The rest follows their glances.

 

“No idea.” Mingyu answers, trying to be as confident as he can. His gaze landed on a winking Seungcheol, his mouth pointing at Wonwoo and his cheeks immediately turn pink.

 

“So, how about our lovely Soonyoung?” Soonyoung looks up with shocked face. Everyone is looking at him intently and he's sweating now. “I-I”

 

The bell rings and thankfully, the teacher enters right away. His friends slowly get up from their spot before walking to their respected chairs. He sighs in relief and before he know it, the question hits him hard. So this is the feeling when someone asks you.

 

Soonyoung knows his friends will understand him even if he tell them he has a boyfriend because why not? They also have their own boyfriends for Shakespeare's sake. But why is it so hard to say it? Maybe this is what Seokmin feels. And the fact in his school, they know him as a straight guy, a handsome straight guy. Maybe he's pressured to hide their relationship though his parents support him. Maybe he's stressed if those people around him look with disgusting and piercing stares at him. He feels very stupid now, being selfish and not thinking about his boyfriend's feelings until the question is being asked.

 

ღღღ

 

The class ended that early and Soonyoung immediately packs his belongings before sprinting out the room, not forgetting to wave at his friends. His palms and forehead start to sweat when he reaches their school gates because he's nervous. Today is the first time he will visit Seokmin's school and he doesn't know would he feel when the students there stare at him.

 

After 45 minutes of traveling, he is now standing in front of Seokmin's school and it's pretty huge compare to their school but nevertheless, he doesn't care. Some students are now walking straight the gate and he feels of running now because some of them are giving fixed looks and it's uncomfortable with different school uniform. Minutes later, he can hear some girls giggling and his ears twitch when he hears his name being mentioned.

 

“Seokmin oppa, where are you going?”

 

Soonyoung looks through the side of his eyes and his eyes widen when he can see the familiar boy. His boy. As their eyes meet, Soonyoung sprints away. He doesn't know why but his mind drag him away from him while his heart telling him to stop.

 

Seokmin on the other hand, leaves the girls who are bombing questions and it's annoying because his mind is only filled with Soonyoung himself. “SOONYOUNG!” He shouts while running but he never looks back.

 

“SOONYOUNG YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU!” He shouts again, panting. Everyone stops from their track, even the girls behind him with surprised expression. This time, Soonyoung immediately stops before slowly turning around with also shocked face, his small eyes are all wide; his mouth are gaped open with his cheeks that are now blushing, and it's cute in Seokmin's opinion. “I LOVE YOU SOONYOUNG!” He shouts one last time before jogging to Soonyoung and hugging him tightly.

 

“B-But the p-people around-”

 

“I don't care anymore about them Soonyoung. You are more important.” Seokmin states sincerely. He can feel their eyes are on him and Soonyoung but he doesn't care anymore. He doesn't want to lose Soonyoung with misunderstandings, ever. He pulls away from the hug before looking straight on blushing Soonyoung and he chuckles at the sight. “I love you. I'm sorry, I was just scared to tell that I have a boyfriend. I was so stupid but not anymore. I'm proud to tell them that I have an amazing boyfriend.”

 

And the moment is ruined again when Minyoung together with her two girls show at the sight. “Seokmin baby, what's happening here?”

 

Some people around together with the girls who are asking Seokmin moments ago hiss, glaring at the girl. She shrugs them before looking again at the two. “Who is that boy? A slave from your house.”

 

Soonyoung starts to tremble again because of the insult, tears starting to form on his eyes. With one assuring squeeze on his shoulder, Seokmin changes his expression into serious one. Everyone begins to feel shiver around their body, even Soonyoung but Seokmin holds his hands, trying to ease him. That is the first time he shows that kind of scary aura in front of many students. The surrounding becomes quiet as they look at the commotion in front of the gate.

 

“Stop calling me baby. You don't own me anymore after dumping me in the air with that boy from the bar like a year ago? Stop acting like I still love you because you're being delusional. I'm disgusted to myself because I loved someone who hides her true identity. And you know what? you.” Seokmin spits a venom and Minyoung is surprised with the angry voice.

 

“And the person beside me? Don't ever insult my boyfriend.” He emphasizes the word boyfriend, earning a gasp from the three y girls.

 

Minyoung tries to build up her crushed confidence, flicking her hair. “If he's your boyfriend then kiss him in front of us.” She crosses her arm, smirking because he thinks Seokmin is just using the cutie guy beside him.

 

“Seokmin, you don't have to-”

 

Again and again, everyone gasps very loud when Seokmin leans forward and meets Soonyoung's red lips. Soonyoung's eyes is wide, like a ping pong ball because of the feeling inside his body. Butterflies start to fly around his stomach. He is very embarrassed to look in front so he just cover his face after they parted. Seokmin scoots him closer with his arms tightly holding his waist.

 

“Anything you want to ask?” Seokmin looks at Minyoung with a sly smirk and the y girl is still frozen from her spot. Regaining her thoughts, she stomped away with her two friends.

 

When the three leave, Seokmin's expression changes again with softer one. Everyone starts to cheer on them, giving congratulatory to him and Soonyoung. Seokmin's fangirls starts to squeal because he has a very cute lover and they don't mind him having a boyfriend because they find it amazing.

 

Seokmin rests his forehead on Soonyoung's, caressing his chubby rosy cheek gently earning a giggle from his lover. “I'm not afraid anymore to tell that I love you. Don't mind Minyoung because ” He whispers that makes Soonyoung blush more but still, he smiles at the sweetness.

 

The students start to yell 'Kiss!' and the two lean forward, meeting their soft lips together with perfect match. Seokmin grips his arms around Soonyoung's waist and the other places his arms around his lover's neck and everyone roars in happiness.

 

ღღღ

 

It's a beautiful morning for everyone, especially for Soonyoung. The misunderstandings are already cleared already. The also said sorry to each other and promise to strengthen their relationship. He smiles at the memory they did yesterday.

 

Soonyoung rests his chin on his palm, looking outside the school. The weather is much better now. His thoughts are now flying again when the door opens loudly causing him to stop from what he's doing now, looking in front of the class. Their teacher enters the room with a boy behind him.

 

“Everyone. We have a new student. Mister, please introduce yourself.”

 

“Hi. I'm Lee Seokmin. I'm your new classmate. And...” He scans the whole room. He can see familiar figures in front of him, surprised yet smiling Seungcheol and Jihoon. He smiles back at them until his gaze landed on his beautiful lover who is looking so surprised on his appearance.. He gives him a wide smile before looking in front again, “I'm Soonyoung's boyfriend.”

 

“WHAT?” The eight students say in unison while the other gasp in surprise. Seungkwan's mouth is covered with his hands the way beauty queens do in pageants when they win, the diva one.

 


 

[A/N] Yet, end is always fluffy. I hope you still like my story line :D