The Proposal

Because i am Kim Sung Gyu's wife

Early 2013.

The heat is heating up at the annual Mel0n Award. All the artist is getting ready to perform. 

The Infinite boys were so different today. I mean, they are trying to avoid me as much as possible. Did i do something wrong? 

"Hey BOYSSSSSS!WOW YOU BOYS LOOKS A-MAZING. WITH AN EXTRA A!" I said happily as i barge thru their waiting room backstage. 

My arms were wide open waiting for any one of them to come to me with a tight hug. But no. They just turn to me and look at me like im a clown. I can see Sung Yeol's eyes lit up when he saw me but he change that when Sung Gyu stares at him.

"OH,you guys on period or something? Why so cranky?" I blow air with my mouth.

Just then Hoya oppa get up and bow to me and exit the room.

"BOW?REALLY?YOU NEVER DID THAT TO ME. YA! LEE HOWON! AH, IS THERE A HIDDEN CAMERA?" I literally shout as i look around the room for the non existent camera.

"Oppa, why are you all like this?" I look at Sung Gyu.

Instead of looking at me, he walk pass me and get the boys to gather.

"Okay boys. Lets do our best. Fighting!" . Then he turn to me.

"Oh next time please dont come barging in to our waiting room. It doesnt look nice at all even if everyone knows we are dating."

He walk away following the rest leaving me with a few stylist in the room who obviously hears the embarassing statement Sung Gyu just told me.

I try to hold back my tears. This is the first time it happens. We have been together at many music shows but they were never like this to me. I can understand the boys.. but Kim Sung Gyu? Really?

"Yerin Shi. You are up in 2 minutes. Please get ready". The voice of one of the PD awakens me. 

I walk up to the backstage , trying to hold my tears. Everyone around was giving me smiles asking me to enjoy the stage. They are oblivious to what happen. And then there is the man, who makes this so hard. 

"Yerin ah, fighting!" Dong Woo oppa whisper to me. I nod and smile.

I look at Sung Gyu and he doesnt even once looks concern. I walk past him and he didnt even bother to glance up to look at me.

I perform my songs with only one thought in my mind. To make my fans proud. Yerinism is the best support i have ever receive my whole life. As i finish the song and the stage light went out, and i was about to walk off from the stage, an announcement came thru making me shock and unprepared.

"Yerin Shi we appreciate it if you could sing another song for us".

I look around to find the voice. I didnt know if its the MC or just the PD voice over the announcement. Everyone was cheering and i was completely taken aback as this wasnt in the program given to me. But i want to handle this situation well. At the back of my head, i was thinking probably the artist after me wasnt ready for the stage and the PD just need to buy time to cover up. As i walk to the microphone, it strikes me that the program backstage wrote that Infinite was to perform after me. I was worried. Did something happen? By then the whole auditorium is full of cheer and chaos. Its like they knew what is going on. And then it happen, a sudden background music im unfamiliar with but the voice who sang it, sounds so familiar i was almost shaking.

 

If you are the one, then us meeting here is fate.

Future with a dog name Red, buy a house with a fireplace.

This is the first ive seen your face but there's a chance we are soulmate.

I know this might sound crazy cause you dont know my name.

But we cant, we cant tell the future, no.

Thats just the beauty of the world we know.

So im gonna say du du du du du baby what if?

We all can say du du du du du baby what if?

Yeah,picture me on one knee

With a perfect diamond ring

We just met but if you say yes

We will have our wedding on the beach

It could happen, raise three kids

And we will grow oh, so happily.

I know this might sound crazy cause i dont know your name.

Dont know what tomorrow brings

But im still hoping

That you are the one for me

Oh, what if i had you and what if you had me 

And, baby whats the reason we cant fall in love?

So baby, what if?

The man of my life has just sang infront of possibly 3,000 audience here and hundreds of thousand watching at home while on his knees infront of me. I was shock and couldnt digest what is happening. The fans were cheering and holding up a slogan thats says "WHAT IF YOU SAY YES"♡ . The tears i was holding back is now dripping down without any mercy. Sung Gyu gets up and wipe away the tears and hug me. When he hug me, i can see Infinite on the artist waiting seat, clapping like a seal while Dong Woo oppa is sobbing as usual. The other artists too, were standing and cheering.

Sung Gyu then signal everyone to tone down.

"I have something to say. Ye Rin must be so shock right now. But this is not over yet. I still have something to say."

Sung Gyu then kneel again on one knee holding my hand and the other holding the mic.

"Well, you know i belong to you solely. I want to propose to you secretly but these busybody idiots(Yerinism,Inspirits and Infinite)(he said this while pointing the crowds and causing laughter) is too into making this perfect for you. You have been there since 2008 before i taste the exspensive wine, before i feel the exspensive clothes on my body,before i know what happiness really is. You were there when people say YA SUNGGYU YOU CAN NEVER MAKE IT. You hold my hand proudly a few years later, saying you are sick of having to walk together discreetly. You ordered coffee for me while signing and taking photos with your fans and delivered the coffee to me before it gone cold. You always remind me the boys is my prioraty and that you love them more than i did which i never doubt. You held Myung Soo's hand when he was having a setback, showing him messages on SNS that fans left for him to encourage him. The first thing you woke up, you call me and ask if Dong Woo is okay after every concert because we all know he is a cry baby. You constantly pampers Sung Jong but scolds him when he get too rebellious. You took care of Woo Hyun when he got indigestion and slept on the floor , afraid that you will disturb his sleep. You are the only one who can console the short tempered Sung Yeol. You rub Hoya arms when he got angry and you told him he is the most good looking and he actually believe that. Lastly.. you touch my heart. You wonderful angel,i have no words for. It may seems like im boasting but how proud i am to have someone that hold on to me when everybody else is letting go. And right now, i want you to be a proud wife to me. Choi Ye Rin, no matter where this life or this career takes me, im bringing you along and i promise to love you every single second that im breathing. Choi Ye Rin, will you do the honour to be my wife, will you, Choi Ye Rin, marry me?" 

Sung gyu then let go of my hand to take the ring out from his pocket. He took my hand again , looking at me for answer.

The fans were going crazy shouting SAY YES.

I look at him in the eyes as tears covering my vision.

I nod and he smiles from ear to ear. Taking the mic from him, i said the words he wants to hear the most.

"Yes, i will marry you. I certainly do."

Which then he slid the ring on my finger and hug me tightly as the crowd cheer. He whisper i love you so many times i lost count.

The crowd then shout KISS KISS KISS together making us shy.

But my man here wants to show who exactly i belong to.

He pull me in, putting his arms on my waist as he kiss my lips gently. I rest my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

At that moment it seems it was only the two of us.

It will always be... the two of us.

 

 

*I wrote this on my mobile while en route to Singapore! Now im posting it since there is a wi fi here at the hotel. I cant wait to see the boys in a few hours for the press conference and the concert! Singapore is totally blazing hot but it is so nice! Thank you for still subscribing and reading my updates*

The song Sung Gyu sing for the proposal was WHAT IF BY JASON DERULO. I will insert the link here. The video is so much feels and i cant help feeling Gyu will be that kind of husband in real life. Cringe ^ω^WHAT IF - JASON DERULO