Stitches 2/2

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

The second part's better, I promise. Not exactly the way I thought it'd be, huh, how'd this happen. Oh well, I still like it and I hope you do too :)

For pbpandaa.


"Hello?"

"Myungsoo," Sungyeol breathes his name as if it's a dream come true.

"Sungyeol? I was in a meeting, sorry I didn't answer sooner."

"I'm just glad you did."

"Do you need something?"

He hums to himself. "I just wanted to hear your voice. Oh, I have to go now. Sorry if I bothered you. Thanks, Myung."

The call drops and Myungsoo stares at the screen for a second before shoving it into his pocket.

 

"I told you not to call him."

"And I didn't. I just picked up."

"Which I told you not to do! He's trying to get over you, so stop playing the good guy here because I don't want to comfort him when he gets hurt again."

"I came out of my meeting to ten missed calls from him. For all I knew he could've been kidnapped or dying in the streets. Maybe I'm not good for him, but I'm sure as hell going to save him if he's in trouble."

Hoya bites the inside of his cheek. "Just ignore his calls from now on. If he calls you, don't pick up. Just tell me."

 

Sungyeol called him twelve times. Twelve times, and no response. Was he hurt?

The chime of the doorbell halts his thoughts.

"Hoya?"

"Hey, Yeol. Can I come in?"

He shrugs and moves out of the way. "I wasn't expecting you."

Hoya gives a nervous laugh. "I wasn't planning to drop by until just now. Sorry, am I bothering you? I can leave."

"No, it's fine. Sit down, I'll get you something to drink. Coffee?"

"Sure."

 

Twelve calls. Twelve stupid calls and a huge argument. It shouldn't matter who he talks to or who he calls. Myungsoo didn't pick up anyway, so why's Hoya making a fuss? It's stupid.

"I have a right to do what I want. I just want to talk things out like normal people do but I guess that's not okay with you."

"You should stop calling him."

"You should go."

 

Could anybody be more stupid?

"A second chance just like that? Stop acting like a child, Sungyeol. This isn't some fairytale where you can apologize and it's all okay and you ride into the sunset."

He scoffs. "How would you know?"

 

"Is he happy?"

"If he isn't, I sure can't tell."

"He better be happy. You better be happy. You don't deserve him."

"I'm happy and he's happy. I'm trying to be better."

"Okay."

They've been back together for two weeks, and everything's running smoothly. So far.

 

"Love you, bye." Sungyeol hangs up with a smile on his face. "Myung's coming home in a couple days.

"Yeah? That's great. He's been gone for a whole month already."

"I missed him."

"I know. Sungyeol?"

"Yeah, Hoya?"

"I'm happy for you."