Ah-Choo

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

 

Lovelyz request for QeylaFrailea

Dangit Sungyeol


"I told him not to cook until you were home, I swear!"

"It's not that bad, Daeyeol."

"Oh, so you wanna go back in? Be my guest."

"Okay fine, maybe it is bad, but how was I supposed to know how long to bake them?"

"Mom, how many times did you drop him as a baby?"

The Lee brothers are still arguing about the cupcakes Sungyeol left in the oven too long when the fireman comes to talk to their mother.

"You're lucky the fire wasn't too bad, miss. You should probably give the house an hour or so to air out, otherwise it's all good to go. It might smell like smoke for a couple days but that's normal."

"Thank you, sir. I don't know what came over my son, he's always saying he'll just marry a good cook so he won't have to worry!"

The fireman chuckles and bids her farewell before hopping in his truck and driving away.

"Why couldn't you just buy some from the store, huh?!"

"It's not the same!" Sungyeol retorts.

"Yeah, there's no chance of death!" Daeyeol spits.

Mrs. Lee steps into their argument. "What the hell were you thinking!" she hisses.

Sungyeol gulps, "Sorry, mom, I just wanted to make something for my friends I won't do it again I promise please don't take away my laptop I'll get better marks and I'll - "

"That's enough." She points, "Daeyeol, don't let your brother cook. Ever again."

"I won't, mom."

"Alright. You two go find something safe to do for an hour. I'm going to the grocery store."

Their jaws drop. "You're just gonna leave us alone here?"

She shrugs. "The house is right there. Don't get lost." then she hops in her car and drives off.

 "I can't believe she actually left." Daeyeol says.

"Especially after that."

"Why were you even trying to cook? We're you gonna give the cupcakes to a girl?"

Sungyeol smacks his brother. "No, Dae, they weren't for a girl."

"A boy?"

"Shut up!" he groans and turns to storm away.

"Hey! Don't leave me here!"

 

"Morning, Sungyeol."

"Hi Myungsoo!" his smile is blinding. "What's new?"

"Nothing really. My brother made me cook for him last night cuz my mom wasn't home, then he said it tasted weird and went to get convenience store food instead."

Myungsoo cooks? Wow, they really are meant to be. "I tried cooking last night but I burnt it and my brother wouldn't shut up. He kept saying I could've killed him. I mean, isn't that why smoke alarms exist? But the fire truck showed up which really wasn't necessary because anybody can spray a fire with a huge hose and I totally had it under control." he realizes he's babbling so he stops.

"What we're you trying to make?" there's an amused expression on his face.

"Oh, uh, cupcakes." he blushes a little, failing to notice the slight frown Myungsoo's wearing.

"To give to somebody?"

"Well, yeah." the warning bell rings over his voice, but Myungsoo hears him clearly. "Gotta go, see you later." Sungyeol flashes a smile before hurrying off into the crowded hall.

 

When Daeyeol wakes up at seven in the morning and Sungyeol's already in the kitchen eating breakfast, he knows something's wrong.

"What the hell?"

"Excuse me, Daeyeol, but that's not nice. I'll tell mom."

He goes to toast himself a slice of bread. "Mom would ask the same thing."

"What the hell?"

Sungyeol smacks his head as their mother walks in. "Perfect timing as always, mom."

"Why are you up so early?" she pours herself a cup of coffee.

"Why can't I be up this early?"

"Because you're usually up at eight and running to catch the bus." Daeyeol chimes.

"Is this about a girl? The cupcakes and all?" she leans on the counter, smiling mischievously.

He looks up at her. "No, it's not about a girl."

"Alright. Whatever you say." she turns to leave. "It's totally about a boy." she says to Daeyeol before disappearing.

"Mom! I heard that!" Sungyeol whines.

"It's true!" she yells back.

 

Sungyeol bounces up to Myungsoo with his usual 'I really like you and seeing you made my day' smile. "Morning!"

"Morning." he gives a half-hearted smile in return.

"Is something wrong?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing's wrong. Don't worry about me." he shuts his locker. "Gonna go to class. Catch ya later."

Sungyeol frowns as he watches Myungsoo leave. He seems down today, and it's making Sungyeol feel bad too.

 

At lunch Myungsoo is still acting funny, so Sungyeol decides to ask again. "Are you sure nothing's wrong? You know you can trust me."

The younger male is quiet for a moment, chewing his soba in deep thought. "Okay, so there's this guy I like."

Oh, he already likes somebody.

"He's really happy and fun to be around, and he's absolutely adorable."

And it doesn't really sound like him.

"But I don't know whether he likes me back and we're really good friends so I don't want to ruin that."

He probably knows the guy, but he can't think of anyone specifically.

"What do you think I should do?"

"I think," he starts hesitantly "well, I dunno."

Myungsoo laughs. "See? I knew you wouldn't be able to help!" he jokes.

Sungyeol pouts, but Myungsoo reaches over and fluffs up his hair. "Thanks, though. You're a really great friend."

He doesn't really like being just a friend.

 

"I have somebody I like too." Sungyeol confesses one day after school.

Myungsoo looks somewhat displeased. "Really?"

"Yeah. He's really handsome, and he's super nice to me."

"Looks aren't everything." he scoffs.

He could burst out laughing. Dangit, it's Myungsoo that he's talking about. "It's not just his looks. I've known him for a while and I think I really like him."

"Care to share who it is?"

"Hm, you first."

"Alright." Myungsoo leans in and pecks his cheek.

Sungyeol's eyes widen and he sees the other smile.

"You."