Stitches 1/2

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

For pbpandaa. Shawn Mendes is an ace.

Sorry, darlings, but this is another sad chapter :(


 "How many did you sell?"

"All five, and two extras."

"Good boy." Myungsoo pats Sungyeol's cheek affectionately, praising this week's work. "If you keep this up, I see a promotion coming soon."

"Really, Myung?" he looks up, eyes shining with excitement.

The older male's ringtone cuts them off, the annoying default from all the dramas.

"Sorry, I have to take this. Call me whenever." Myungsoo turns away and raises a hand to hid him goodbye.

 

He doesn't care what his friends say. What would they know anyways? He and Myungsoo are different; Myung cares for him.

"Sungyeol, you need to stop seeing him. Please don't be like this." Sunggyu sounds desperate, a pained look on his face as he pleads for his friend to understand.

"He loves me and I love him. That's all there is to it." Sungyeol gathers his things, ready to strut out of the library with his head held high.

"He's using you. Don't you see what you've gotten yourself into?"

"Sunggyu, I honestly couldn't care less. If whatever I'm doing is making him happy, then I'm happy too."

 

"Are you still seeing him?" Hoya tries his best to act casual, but he's never been a star student in his drama class.

Sungyeol's sick of everybody asking. Of course he's still seeing Myungsoo; why wouldn't he be? "Yes, Hoya, I'm still seeing Myung and I refuse to stop no matter what you have to say against it. It's not your business who I'm romantically involved with."

"It's my business if you're willing to give him anything and everything but he won't do the same."

 

It's been a while since he's been this happy, but it's also been a while since they last met just to get together, and not for business.

"How are you liking the promotion so far?" Myungsoo is sitting across from him, dressed casually for once in a black t-shirt and jeans.

"Oh, it's grand. I've recruited four people already. They're all meeting goals - not that I'd expect anything less - and two of them have even recommended some friends for recruitment."

Myungsoo smiles dazzlingly at him. "You've done so well in so little time. I love you, Sungyeol."

He returns the words practically glowing with pride.

 

"I need to get twelve more sales by the end of this week. I can't fall behind, Hoya." Sungyeol speaks frantically through the phone. Just twelve more sales, but only two more days to make them.

"Sungyeol, what happened to you? You're not acting like yourself."

"Nothing's different! I've always been like this. Now are you going to lecture me or help me out?"

Hoya forces air out between his gritted teeth. "Sungyeol, why don't you get it? He doesn't love you the way you love him."

"Last chance, Hoya."

"He's just keeping you around to make more money. By keeping you, he's getting higher and higher up in the business. It's sick. You've submitted to his stupid little game and he's playing you exactly how he wants to. As soon as you hit three strikes he's going to throw you away, and you need to accept that."

"I don't have time for this."

"You're at two strikes already, right? Sorry, Sungyeol, but I can't help you this time. I think you've been wrapped up in this too long, and I shouldn't have helped you before either. None of us should've. We just wanted what was best for you, and we thought that being happy was best, but he can't make you happy forever and you need to realize that. You have to move on with your life. And to do that you need to be dropped from the company and dropped by Myungsoo." he waits for a response, but the line has gone dead.

 

"Myung, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." he's been blubbering and apologizing for a good five minutes to no avail.

"It's okay, Sungyeol. I was never good enough for you anyways." he reaches out to caress his cheek. "I wish I were good enough. I wish things could work out between us, but I'm sorry. You don't have to apologize, love, it's gonna be okay. You won't have to worry about sales anymore, and you won't have to worry about me anymore. Please, Sungyeol, try to move on. For me."

He lets out another sob. "I don't want to. Myungsoo, I love you. Please, just - just one more chance. That's all I need."

"I'm sorry."

 

"Sungyeol, let us in." Hoya is in hysterics, slamming his hand against the door and screaming. "You have to let us in."

Sunggyu doesn't know what to do either, but he needs to see Sungyeol.

"Go downstairs and ask them for a spare key. Tell them he could be dead for all we know."

The older male complies quickly, flying down the staircase and taking them two at a time on the way back up. Hoya grabs the key and flings open the door, running inside.

"Yeol? Sungyeol, are you here?"

A large mass covered in blankets is on the bed. Hoya immediately rushes over and flings off the covers to reveal a pale Sungyeol.

"Sungyeol, wake up. Are you alright? Oh God, you have a fever - he has a fever - you need to drink something. Get him some water."

He blinks awake groggily, staring up at his friend in a daze. "Hoya? What're you doing here?" his voice is scratchy.

"We're here to take care of you since you can't do that yourself right now."

Sungyeol sits up carefully, leaning into Hoya for support. "Thanks."

 

"I hope you know he's sick because of you." his words are sharp, venomous.

"I'm sorry."

Hoya looks at Sungyeol sleeping peacefully. His breaths are short, a thin layer of sweat coating his face. Voice softer, he continues. "He didn't eat for two whole days. Didn't eat, didn't drink, didn't get out of bed. One more day and he could've died."

"I never wanted it to be like this. I let him get too attached to me. I made a mistake."

"Do me a favour, okay? Don't pick up his calls. No replying to texts or emails, and most definitely do not talk to him in person. He needs time without you."

Myungsoo hesitates before answering. "Okay. If it's for the best."

 

"Please, I need to call him. Let me call him. Just this once." Sungyeol grabs for his phone, but Hoya moves it further away.

Hoya hates seeing him so desperate. "You need to learn that you'll be okay without him."

"But I won't."



I'm sorry and I'm horrible. I've decided to split this into two parts, though, so stay tuned for 2/2.