Black Pearl

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

For YeoLalaland.

First supernatural au in this story! Enjoy the wolf!au please. The wolves are kinda like the size of the wolves in Twilight I guess :P

(listening to Shawn Wasabi while writing this was really fun)

WARNING: CONTAINS SCENES OF ABDUCTION AND VIOLENCE. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.


They come in the middle of the night, creeping through on the tips of their toes, swift and silent. It doesn't take long to find their victim. The only problem now is taking him away without alerting anybody, especially his mate who's practically wrapped around him.

But they're good at what they do, and they manage to gas the room with no more than a grunt from the darker haired male. Gingerly, they move his arms and slide his mate from under the covers, carrying him away

 

"Morning Sunggyu!" Myungsoo strolls happily out to the eating space.

"Up before Sungyeol? That's new."

Myungsoo frowns. "He wasn't in bed when I woke up. Didn't feel him get up earlier either, which is weird 'cause he almost always crushes my arm."

"I haven't seen him yet. Bathing, maybe?"

"No, he would've asked me to go. I'll check anyway." He puffs his cheeks and trots away.

 

Dongwoo is busy splashing Woohyun when Myungsoo sits down beside the pond.

"Hmm? Myungsoo!" Dongwoo cups some more water and flings it at him.

"Sunggyu's gonna be mad if you keep bothering Woohyun." Myungsoo laughs and tries to shield himself from the endless splashing. "Wait, wait! Stop!" He jumps to his feet and retreats to a safe distance. "Have you seen Yeol?"

"Not today. Hunting?"

"Huh, he doesn't normally hunt. Maybe he'll come back later. Thanks, guys." Myungsoo dips a foot in the pond and kicks water at Dongwoo before running away.

 

When the hunting group returns, Myungsoo is extremely anxious. He still doesn't see Sungyeol and Howon, who usually returns last, is already back. Weaving through the wolves, he sniffs for his mate's scent and comes up empty handed.

"Has anybody seen Sungyeol?" he gets shrugs and confused looks in return.

Howon trots over and morphs back into his two-legged form, shaggy chestnut fur turning to smooth, tan skin. "He didn't head out with us this morning. You can't find him?"

Myungsoo shakes his head, more distressed than ever. "I don't know where he could've gone. I just woke up and he wasn't there, and I've been looking for him all day. I even went and asked the wolves patrolling the border."

"Huh, I don't know, Myungsoo. Wait 'til the moon comes out and we'll send a search party."

 

"You brought him back in one piece, I'm assuming?"

"Yes, sir."

"I didn't expect anything less from you."

They push him forward and he whimpers, trying unsuccessfully to transform for the nth time.

The man laughs, coming closer to examine him. "So this is what a direct descendant of one of the original transitioners looks like, hm? I don't expect you'll be able to change again for a few hours. That's what the medicine is supposed to do, but I hear that your metabolism is exceptional in comparison to ordinary transitioners."

"What do you intend to do with me?" he's quiet, eyes paling from chocolate to hazel as they bore into the man.

"You're tough, I must admit." the man completely ignores his question and turns to exit the dark room. "Take him to the confinement space. I'd like to see his other form."

 

"Sungyeol?! Sungyeol!!" barks of the missing boy's name ring through the forest as the wolves search.

Myungsoo continues to pace the Eastern border, frustration clouding his mind until he smells it. A faint whiff of his mate's natural scent riding a soft breeze. "Howon!" he calls before bounding off.

The other male's head snaps in his direction and he howls to the pack.

 

"You should really transform, if you know what's good for you. Boss doesn't like people who disobey." a young, big-eyed boy stares at Sungyeol through the gaps between the steel bars. His legs hang off of the large rock he's perched atop, swinging back and forth.

An older looking duo approaches and the boy scowls. "You're still here, Changhyun?"

"Yes, Jonghyun. Why don't you run off and play with Jiyeon?"

Sungyeol watches until Changhyun looks ready to transform and attack his pack mate. "Hey, whoa, whoa! Calm down! He's your pack mate, calm down." he stares into the boy's eyes until they soften and he sits back down.

"It's not your business."

"I'd rather not have a stranger's blood on me. After all, who knows what diseases you Easterners have? I think those hives I got last month were from hanging around the border too much." the boy laughs along with him, once again lighthearted.

"Yeah? Well I think those fleas I got were from you Western wolves."

"As if, the fleas are so scared of us that they ran off to bug the Northeners." both of them cackle at the comment.

Jonghyun growls, "Rather friendly with our guest, I see." he stomps away, leaving Jiyeon to follow.

"Somebody skipped dinner."

"He's soft, really. Just not around strangers."

"But he's right. I'm an enemy, remember?"

Changhyun shrugs. "But I like you. You seem soft."

"Ouch, my pride. I'll require a meal as compensation for hurting my feelings."

"You're like a big baby." Changhyun snickers, but stands up to fetch something nonetheless.

 

Myungsoo growls as he loses the scent yet again. It's happened at least five times so far, and each time it's taken around twenty minutes to get back on it. Another hour of Sungyeol missing is another hour he can't stand.

 

"You won't do it. I'm too precious to risk it." Sungyeol spits at the beast, muscles rippling its silver fur and canines bared.

Changhyun stares in horror at their leader, towering at least six feet tall in his wolf form. His eyes widen and his jaw drops as Jaebum sinks his teeth into Sungyeol's leg, the latter screaming in pain.

"Kill me then! Go to the trouble of kidnapping me and kill me! My pack will be coming soon anyway."

"Boss, I can make him transform, calm down! Please, Boss." Changhyun begs their leader who turns a blind eye.

Jaebum lunges forth.

 

"He's hurting!" Myungsoo screeches at Howon, speeding up.

"Their camp is twenty minutes away at the least."

"So run faster!"

 

They burst into the Eastern wolf camp snarling and ready to fight.

"Where is he?" Howon may not be the leader, but he's definitely the most powerful in the pack. He could probably take over if he desired, but his respect towards Sunggyu is too strong.

The other pack transform into their animal forms simultaneously. "You'll have to find him."

Sunggyu gives the signal and the forest becomes a war ground, all murderous intent and razor teeth.

 

"Boss, they're here!"

Jaebum looks up from the bloodied Sungyeol, jaws moist with crimson. "Changhyun, guard him." he bounds after the messenger wolf.

The moment he disappears, Changhyun rushes to Sungyeol's side. Warm tears drip from his eyes onto the other boy's flesh.

"You're getting me all wet. Ew." Sungyeol rasps, flinching when he tries to move.

"Why didn't you just transform? You should've just transformed." Changhyun pulls his shirt over his head and tears a strip from it, wrapping it tightly around Sungyeol's bitten leg.

"Ouch! Sh- God, ouch. Ow."

Changhyun continues to cry, dressing Sungyeol's wounds to the best of his ability. He's not a healer, but he can't do nothing.

"Stop crying. You're making me feel bad." his speech is sluggish from the loss of blood. "Jesus, I'll transform, okay? I'll transform."

"Don't! No, don't. You'll hurt yourself even more. I was just starting to like you and now you're gonna die. You're the worst."

"I'm not gonna..." he loses his thought, blinking groggily. "I'm sleepy. Where's Myung? I want Myung to carry me to bed." Sungyeol tries to sit up only to fall back down. "Ah, I'm dizzy. Changhyun, I'm dizzy. Make me not dizzy."

The boy doesn't know what to do. "Don't fall asleep! I don't think you're supposed to fall asleep, okay?" he blabbers on about whatever nonsense he can think up at the moment, trying to keep Sungyeol awake and alert.

"Sungyeol?! Get away from him!" Myungsoo tears into the containment space, losing his fur and turning to his human form. "Get back!"

Changhyun throws himself against the bars, terrified.

"Did you do this?!" his black eyes are pure fury. "God, Sungyeol, wake up. Wake up Sungyeol!" he taps his mate's cheek.

"Myung, I wanna sleep." he drawls.

Myungsoo stares at him fondly, gently picking him up. "Not yet, darling. You can't sleep yet, okay?" with a final warning glance at Changhyun he carries his mate away.

 

"Oh my God, what happened to him?!" Sungjong hurries over to Myungsoo.

"Found him in some weird cage, little boy poking at him." he pants. They're just outside the Eastern wolves' camp, the nearest place with so much as mild safety.

Sungjong pours the contents of his messenger bag onto the ground in his hurry. "His wounds have cloth on them. Did you do this?" he peels the blood soaked fabric from Sungyeol's skin, throwing it aside carelessly. When he sees Myungsoo shake his head, he frowns. "Maybe somebody has a soft spot for him." he begins to wash his wounds, murmuring soothingly whenever Sungyeol winces.

 

"Changhyun?" Sungyeol turns his head away from the sunlight, blinking rapidly.

"Settle down. Who's Changhyun?" Myungsoo kisses his forehead, pushing him back down.

"Myung!" he sits up anyway to hug his mate, immediately regretting it. "Ouch!"

Sungjong steps through the door, shutting it behind him. "He's awake? Stop moving. Do you want me to amputate your leg?" he moves the blanket to check on Sungyeol's wounds, smiling at his work. "Bed rest, three more days. I'll leave you two alone." Sungjong laughs on his way out as the older male protests to his orders.

"You slept for two days straight. I was ready to kill myself just hearing your snoring. But I stayed because you're cute when you sleep."

"Aw, that's sweet."

"Do you remember anything?"

"Unfortunately."

"Share?"

Sungyeol grabs Myungsoo's shirt and pulls him down into a hug. "Later, I promise. Can I just hug you for now?"