Shape of You

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

for cocomina.

the fic doesn't really fit the song and it's mostly centered around the fact that myungsoo loves to hug sungyeol :)


It feels right to sleep with his body pressed against Sungyeol's, chest to back, nose buried in the hair on the back of his neck. Myungsoo has woken up like this on countless mornings over the past few months, but the experience never dulls for him. He snuggles closer to Sungyeol, inhaling deeply against his skin, eyes fluttering closed as he takes in his scent. He's always loved the way Sungyeol smells – fresh like soap and shampoo, with his own natural scent lingering underneath.

Sungyeol stirs and turns his head to look at Myungsoo, squinting as his eyes adjust to the sunlight. He attempts to roll around to face him, but Myungsoo hugs him tighter, keeping him in place.

"Five more minutes," he hums, lips brushing Sungyeol's nape.

There's no argument to be had on Sungyeol's part – he knows that by now. "Only five this time; you always say five but it always ends up being twenty."

Myungsoo laughs softly, "Alright, I promise."

Sungyeol settles down again, closing his eyes and melting back into the pillow.

 

He wakes again and squints at the bedside clock, sighing out a laugh as he registers that twenty minutes have gone by. Sungyeol turns over and taps Myungsoo's cheek. "Time to get up."

"Five minutes already?"

"Mhmm. Come on, I'm hungry." he manages to get Myungsoo into a sitting position and, even though his eyes are barely open and he's practically yawning non-stop, Sungyeol knows that in a few minutes he'll be up and about.

Sungyeol is brushing his teeth when Myungsoo stumbles into the bathroom and attaches himself to Sungyeol's back. He nuzzles behind his ear, humming contentedly.

"Can I turn up the thermostat?" Sungyeol asks through a mouthful of toothpaste foam.

"No. I like it cool." He presses a quick kiss to Sungyeol's jaw before moving away to wash up.

"But it's always ridiculously cold in your apartment. It's like the frozen food aisle at the grocery store. Look at my arm, Myungsoo. Goosebumps! Besides, how can you say you like it cool when you're always rubbing up against me at all hours of the -- oh." He tries to make eye contact with Myungsoo in the mirror, but the other makes a point of avoiding his gaze. "Seriously?"

Myungsoo gives him this little embarrassed smile, "How else was I supposed to get you to let me cuddle you all the time?"

"I'm gonna go turn up the heat right now," he snaps, spinning on his heel.

"Hey, wait, hold on," Myungsoo hugs Sungyeol at the waist, stumbling to walk in time with him as he moves toward the thermostat. "Hasn't it grown on you at all? Be honest."

"Not one bit." He cranks it excessively above room temperature, just to make a point.

"You're not being honest." He reaches over Sungyeol's shoulder and edges it back down. "And you're gonna drive my heating bill through the roof."

Sungyeol huffs and pushes it back up half a degree.

"Alright, I get it!" Myungsoo releases him and backs off. "I'll stop being so clingy."

He grins in triumph and pats Myungsoo's cheek on his way back to the bathroom.

 

 

When they go to bed that night, Myungsoo insists on taking Sungyeol's pillow to cuddle so that he can 'ease into things' and 'avoid withdrawal symptoms.' Sungyeol calls him out on his smell obsession, but settles on some weird monkey plushie that Myungsoo dug out of the closet as a pillow for the night.

The only problem is that Sungyeol finds himself wide awake long after Myungsoo's fallen asleep. He reaches out and tugs at the corner of the pillow in Myungsoo's arms. The other tightens his hold reflexively, squishing his face further into it. Sungyeol huffs in annoyance and grabs the pillow with both hands, yanking it out of Myungsoo's arms. He barely even stirs. Sungyeol shuffles over, pressing himself into Myungsoo's chest. Myungsoo immediately hugs him closer. It doesn't take him long to fall asleep.