Focus On Me (Stuck)

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

Monsta X for ilovesungyeollie.

 


 

Myungsoo glares daggers across the cafeteria. Sungyeol's been hanging around Hoya from the baseball team a lot lately and it's bugging him.

"If it's bothering you that much, go get your boy." Sungjong shrugs passively.

"It's not bothering me. It's totally fine, he can hang out with whoever he wants and I trust him. It's fine." Myungsoo slumps down in his chair with a pout.

"For God's sake, just go."

"Nope. I won't."

"Hey, Hoya just ruffled Sungyeol's hair."

Myungsoo grits his teeth, refusing to look over. "That's because he's on a sports team. Sports players do that to everybody."

"Oh! They're grabbing their bags, I think they're gonna leave together."

Myungsoo looks over and sure enough, the two are walking out of the cafeteria. "Maybe I should go check on him." He swings his bag over his shoulder and rushes after them.

He follows them down the hallway quietly, hiding around the corner and listening to their conversation while they stop at Hoya's locker.

"Are you coming to my game today?"

"Hmm, maybe. I'll ask Myungsoo if he wants to."

Hoya chuckles. "You can come without him, y'know."

"I could,"

Myungsoo's heart sinks.

"But I'd have a lot more fun with him there."

He wants to melt because of how cute Sungyeol is.

"Ask him if he wants to come to the after party too, then. It's at Jungwoo's place, his parents are on a trip so he's taking advantage of the freedom."

"Yeah, I will."

There's the sound of a locker door shutting and Myungsoo peeks around the corner to see them walking away again. He follows them outside the school where Hoya invites Sungyeol to sit with him at one of the picnic tables outside.

"Hey, I've kind of wanted to ask you something for a while now."

"Go ahead."

There's silence and Myungsoo debates whether he should go and confront this boyfriend-stealing jerk right now or wait to hear what he's about to say.

"So there's this guy I really like, right? And he goes to our school and I talk to him sometimes, but I don't think he's ever thought of me like that."

Myungsoo sighs and rounds the corner, pretending to look left and right searching for his boyfriend. He smiles when he sees Sungyeol. "Yeol, I was looking for you." No wonder he got asked to play the male lead in the drama club's production last year.

"Myung," Sungyeol grins before turning back to Hoya. "Sorry, can we pick this up later?"

The boy nods, ears pink at the edges as he wonders how much Myungsoo heard.

Sungyeol grabs Myungsoo's hand and waves his friend goodbye.

 

After a few minutes of walking, Sungyeol sighs. "How long were you eavesdropping on our conversation?"

Myungsoo chokes on air, turning to his boyfriend in bewilderment. "You- what? You knew?"

"No I knew."

"I thought he was gonna make a move on you."

"He wouldn't."

"How do you know?"

"Because he likes Sungjong."

Myungsoo freezes. "What?"

"Hoya likes Sungjong. He hasn't told me upfront yet - he was probably about to when you so rudely interrupted - but it's pretty obvious."

"... It's not obvious."

"Are you kidding? Whenever they talk he's a complete mess. Red face, stuttering, all of the cliché boy in love stuff."

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"I thought he liked you."

"Even if he did, he'd have no chance against you."

Myungsoo grins, then realizes something. "But why was he asking you to the game?"

"He probably wanted to convince me to wingman for him."

"He should make Dongwoo do it."

"Dongwoo can't keep a secret for his life."

"Woohyun?"

"Woohyun would flirt with Sungjong for Hoya."

"What?"

"Remember when you started liking me and told Woohyun? He started saying stuff like 'Nice shirt, but I bet it would look better on Myungsoo's floor.' "

"Oh my God."

"And 'I heard Myungsoo's writing a phone book, so you should give him your number' ".

"Oh my God."

"It was nice of him I guess."

"No, it was not."

"I probably would've ended up with you regardless, I guess."

"Damn straight."

Sungyeol snickers. "Damn gay."

"Well, I mean... You're not wrong..."

 

They're huddled together in the bleachers watching Hoya's baseball game. Sungjong's beside Sungyeol complaining about being the third wheel, but he seems to be having a good time watching their team play.

"Look! Hoya's batting after this guy!" Sungyeol screams at his friend to get a home run and is pointedly ignored.

"Yeol, calm down." Myungsoo laughs, leaning into the other. "This is only the practice season, you can cheer lots more in spring."

Sungyeol pushes back against Myungsoo's weight, turning to the youngest. "Hey Sungjong, Hoya invited us all to the after party at Jungwoo's house. You coming?"

"You can just say he invited you and said you could bring friends. It's not going to hurt us or anything." He scoffs.

"No, he asked me and told me to invite you two."

"He told you to invite me?"

"Yeah. You should come."

"But he and I aren't even close."

"Sungjong, don't be such a bummer. Just come." Sungyeol whines.

"Yeah, whatever. He's batting now."

Sungyeol looks over and screams at Hoya again.

The pitcher winds his arm back and whips the ball with incredible speed. Hoya doesn't swing the bat.

Spectators begin muttering to one another.

"He's waiting for the right time." Sungyeol explains.

The pitcher readies himself again. He throws a curveball. Hoya swings and misses. The crowd becomes more anxious.

"Sungjong, a bag of my mom's cookies says he'll get a home run if you scream really loud right now."

The boy's eyes grow at the thought of Mrs. Lee's cookies and he cups his hands around his mouth. "You can do it!! Go Hoya!"

Hoya raises the bat. The pitcher throws a fastball. The bat comes down in a smooth arc, hitting the ball straight on with a satisfying clang and sending it out of the field. Hoya drops the bat and runs as the crowd cheers. Three players hit home base, bringing their team into the lead to end the game.

Sungyeol stands up and drags his friends down the bleachers to congratulate Hoya. All of his teammates are slapping his back and praising him on his amazing play, and Sungyeol throws his arms around the sweaty boy happily.

"I knew you'd come through with a little something!" He says into Hoya's ear, resulting in the baseball player turning pink in the face as he tries to laugh it off.

Myungsoo tugs on Sungyeol's sleeve, pulling him away from the hug and slinging an arm around his shoulders. "Nice job, Hoya." He grins superficially and the other's cheeks get redder at his cold tone.

"Couldn't have done it without you guys cheering me on." He says bashfully.

"You mean Sungjong cheering you on?" Sungyeol prods.

"Well,"

"I was in it for the cookies, but maybe I just have magical cheering powers in me." Sungjong grins.

"You should come use your magic at every game."

Sungyeol pulls Myungsoo away to congratulate other people, leaving Hoya and Sungjong alone to talk.

"Yeol."

"Hmm?"

"I wish you wouldn't pay so much attention to Hoya." Myungsoo leads him across the now empty baseball diamond. "I'm getting really jealous."

"You don't have to worry about him."

Myungsoo huffs and grabs his hand, leading him off of the open field and to a small quiet area outside of the school building. He wraps his arms around Sungyeol's waist and gently backs him into the wall. "I want you to pay more attention to me." He emphasizes his point with a firm kiss. "Only me." Another kiss. "Understood?"

Sungyeol hugs him closer. "You're really hot when you're jealous, you know?"

"That's not an answer."

"Like, super hot."

"Yeol, I'm serious. Stop ruining the moment."

"How could I look at anybody else when my boyfriend's so amazingly hot?"

Myungsoo sighs. "Good enough, I guess."


 

 

 

Thank you for 200 subscribers!!

Much love to all of you ❤

Anyways, as it turns out, this fic is taking a lot longer than anticipated but I hope you'll all stick with me through to the end, because I do intend on completing all 50 songfics.

Also, to anybody who might be having a rough time right now, I hope you find something that cam cheer you up ^.^ I can guarantee that if I were to meet you, I'd be able to find at least three things I like about the way you look and three things I like about the way you act within thirty minutes of getting to know you, so just remember that you're all very beautiful people.

Have a wonderful day!

((+Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Canadians))