If You

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

BIGBANG request for ilovesungyeollie

Also, since it seems the end of "Like I Can" was difficult to understand, Myungsoo and Sungyeol didn't end up together. Please note that none of the one shots are connected unless specified.


Bus stops .

Lee Sungyeol has been taking buses since his family's car broke down and he rode one with his mom in kindergarten. And in all his years doing so, he's been filled with bad memories of the buses and stops.

For starters, the first time in kindergarten when he stepped onto the bus with his mom and the driver pulled onto the road before he sat down. Being a miniature five-year-old Sungyeol, he toppled over and bruised his knee.

Then there was the time in second grade when he was waiting for his school bus and Lee Seunghyun vomited and some got on his shoes. His favourite shoes, the purple ones with bright green laces. It took two hours, a full bar of soap, and a garden hose to get them clean again.

When he was in sixth grade, he brought a really cool bug in a jar to the stop, but then he dropped the bug when he took it out to show off and the bus ran over it.

All in all, Sungyeol and buses are a bad combination. And just when he thought the bus gods' curse on him had lifted, this had to happen.

He can't bring himself to move from where he's standing, watching as the retreating figure gets smaller and smaller, eventually disappearing from his sight. It must be at least half an hour later that he realizes Myungsoo isn't coming back, and turns to drag himself home.

Ignoring his mother's greeting, he retreats to his bedroom and shuts his door, letting himself break down. He doesn't open the door when his brother Daeyeol knocks to see if he's okay, nor when he knocks again to tell him dinner is ready.

After Myungsoo broke up with him he's been trying his best to avoid contact, but it turns out that's really hard to do when you attend the same school, take the same bus there and back, and have mutual friends. Sungyeol's started sitting at the back of the bus on the way there - which he hates because the kids who smoke sit back there too - and taking the late one on the way home. He just really hates moping around like this and hopes Myungsoo will want him back.

Sunggyu and Sungjong won't stop bugging him to do it, so finally he does. Sungyeol pulls out his phone and starts typing out a text to his ex-boyfriend.

Can we talk?

He keeps it short, because he's decided that people should talk about relationships in person and not through inanimate objects. Then all he can do is wait for a response of some sort, which doesn't come in the form of a text like he was expecting.

Myungsoo shows up at his door with a rain coat and an umbrella on a rainy Saturday morning and Sungyeol's still half asleep and in rubber duck pajamas when he answers which doesn't really help the mood.

Still, he invites the other in and offers him a drink before sitting down across from him.

"You wanted to talk?" Myungsoo starts.

"Yeah." he takes a moment to collect his thoughts. "I'm sure you broke up with me for a good reason, but if - if it's not too late, can't we try again?"

"Sungyeol, you were a great boyfriend." it hurts a little to hear him say it in past tense. "But I don't think I'm right for you."

He's trying his best not to tear up.

"I think you should try to find someone else."

Huh, would you look at that. The tears are pouring out of his eyes. "I'm sorry, I just thought - I was hoping -" Sungyeol's hands are covering his eyes in an attempt to hide himself from the world, as if nobody can see him if he can't see them.

Myungsoo stands and walks over to wrap his arms around him, but that just makes it hurt even more. The fact that Myungsoo won't hug him like this anymore, won't give him that little smile and stare at him like he means the world.

He stands up abruptly, making the other jump. "Thanks. For everything." he chokes out before turning to his room and locking the door. The front door opens and closes a minute later, but he can't be bothered to care.

The remainder of Sungyeol's Saturday is spent lying in a daze under his blanket with a small cluster of photos gripped loosely in his hand. Photos from their first date, when they visited a pet store and played with the puppies and kittens. A picture of when they went out with all their friends, and Myungsoo convinced Sungjong to snap a picture the moment he kissed Sungyeol's cheek.

Though eventually the soft patter of rain stops, and so do Sungyeol's tears.