Ghostbusters

Myungyeol 50 Songfic Challenge

Short Halloweenie treat for you guys ;)

Lol my editing skills are non-existent


"There's been so many calls lately." a series of pops and cracks follow Myungsoo's statement as he takes his time slowly tilting his neck to both sides then twisting his body to crack his spine, finishing with interlacing his fingers and releasing the tiny bubbles of air trapped between his knuckles all at once.

Sungyeol stares at him in disgust, but somehow he can't look away. "Yeah." he mutters distantly.

"Probably because it's ghost season. With Halloween and all, people are getting paranoid." he flips through the menu.

"Uh huh." he's still internally shuddering at how Myungsoo could make those sounds with his bones.

"It's not that gross, Sungyeol. Woohyun does it all the time." he's still reading the menu.

"But when you do it, it's so loud."

He scoffs and waves the waitress over.

 

It's 6 in the morning and it really isn't healthy for Sungyeol to wake up this early, just because. But he's already tried at least a thousand different lame excuses on Woohyun, and every time he's been told that he better show up to work on time if he doesn't want a pay cut.

Nonetheless he showers and gets dressed before hopping in his car. When he gets to the dingy old firehouse they call an office, his partner is already at his desk sorting through files.

"Morning." he grunts.

"Morning." Myungsoo checks the clock. "You're fifteen minutes late, getting better."

"Thanks."

They sit for a few minutes, concentrated on studying the new ghost files. The phone rings, and Myungsoo gives him a wicked grin before answering.

"Hello, Ghostbusters." he grabs a pen. "Yeah, we can do the job. No, I'm not joking. Okay. I'll need a name and an address. Alright. See you in a bit." he hangs up and stands. "Let's go."

They walk briskly to the fire pole (which really should've been removed years ago, oh well) and slide down, flinging open their locker doors to pull on the ugly brown uniforms. They grab proton packs, ghost traps, P.K.E. meters, and hop into their car which holds all the heavy equipment.

"Let's go bust some ghosts."

 

Sure, they feel pretty silly wearing the uniforms and carrying the stuff, but they've gotten used to it by now. They ignore the confused stared directed towards them and walk on.

"It should be right here. 1278 15th street." Sungyeol reads the messy writing off the notepad paper Myungsoo gave him 

With a quick scan of the area, nothing much seems to be going on. Just a group of young boys pushing each other around.

"Let's go ask them." Myungsoo starts walking over, and they're almost there when they hear the conversation.

"What's wrong Ghost Boy? Your imaginary friend is bullying you again?"

"He's not fake! Dante just wanted to hear his own music before moving on."

"Ooh, Dante, that sure does sound spooky."

"Oh no, I think I felt Dante touch my shoulder!" they all burst into another round of cackles.

"Who you gonna call, Ghost Boy?"

Myungsoo clears his throat and they turn, unimpressed. "Ghostbusters, at your service. Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol."

The ringleader's ugly face stares in amazement. "Ghostbusters? I thought you didn't exist."

"That's rude. Run home and do some research, will you?" Sungyeol hisses. "Now, where's that ghost you mentioned?"