CHAPTER 33

Lord of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every time Jaejoong faced off with an opponent inside the Fist Fight Arena or with a fighter chosen by Oh Ji-Ho during training sessions, blood would rush up to his head, and he would feel his stomach tighten into hard knots. Fear, tension and excitement consumed his whole being. But all of these emotions disappeared once the fight began! His head would clear, his sight and hearing became sharper and his whole body transformed into a lethal weapon! Everyone around him disappeared. Only his opponent remained in his eyesight.

 

Most of the time, Jaejoong fought only one opponent. He rarely fought two or more opponents in the Fist Fight Arena and in his sparring sessions inside the castle. He acquired his experience in fighting multiple opponents in the back alleys of Klingston Block. He was ganged up by ruffians and thugs during those days. He never won those fights. But he always made sure that everyone who fought him would regret having fought him by giving them broken noses, dislocated knee caps and best of all, a punch or a kick on their groins. Because his opponents often ended up worse than he was, he started gaining a reputation, the thugs eventually stayed away out of fear and respect for his fighting abilities.

 

Then Jaejoong heard about So Ji-sub's illegal Fist Fight competition. He immediately sought out Ji-sub to become one of the latter's fighters. Jaejoong's skills and reflexes were honed in the Fist Fight Arena until fighting and winning became second nature to him. But Ji-sub rarely allowed him to fight several fighters. Ji-sub insisted it was bad for business if his prized fighters fought and injured each other at the same time.

 

Jaejoong's latest experience with fighting multiple opponents occurred when he abducted Dara from the temple grounds and fought off several dozen temple guards and archers. But that couldn't be called a real fight since he had the Sword of Truth and he escaped by threatening Dara's life. Despite his fighting abilities then, he would never had won against the guards and archers.

 

Now, standing on top of this hill and watching what was about to happen below, Jaejoong couldn’t help but admire the serenity in Han’s face. Han looked like a man about to hunt down a prey not someone facing the most elite of soldiers in the world of Haldor! He looked cool and undaunted in spite of the advancing opponents ready to cut him down.

 

The horses’ hooves thundered as they rode toward the warrior! These horses came from the best stock and lineage of Gorge's finest horses. They were bred as war horses. Capable of fighting and protecting their masters. A kick from their hind legs could send a man flying several feet away. Any man unfortunate enough to get kicked by a Gorge horse would never stand up again. He may live but most of his bones would have been broken. Each powerful front legs of Gorge horses could also instantly crush a man's skull.

 

One of the horses reached Han faster than the others. Cloud immediately released one of his thunderbolts straight to the horse's rump. Cloud's thunderbolts were never lethal, but they packed enough punch to cause convulsions on the target. The horse lurched and lost its balance after receiving Cloud's thunderbolt, sending its rider flying through the air.

 

The knight tumbled down to the ground, his armor clanging. Cloud continued his attacks, not one of his bolts missed their targets. Soon, all ten knights found themselves abandoned by their mounts. Their horses were now fleeing as Cloud pursued them with his relentless thunderbolts.

 

But Solaris Knights never abandoned their mission. Even without a horse or even a sword, they would continue to fight to fulfill their mission. They were trained to survive all kinds of dangerous situations. And falling from a horse may have hurt their pride, but it wasn't even enough to injure any of them. All ten knights have now recovered from their fall and were now walking straight toward Han.

 

"This is still ten knights against one!" Dara said full of worry. Her concern was also affecting Salamander who started snorting as if eager to join the fight below. "You should call back Cloud to help Han!" Her hands tightened on the reigns.

 

"I will," Jaejoong replied. "But a man has to have his pride. We have to allow Han to fight on his own for a while. Then I will send Cloud back to him." He glanced at the woman. There were worry lines on her face. "And if you want, you could go down and help him. My fighting skills which you now possessed are enough to defeat at least two knights."

 

He saw her bit her lower lip. She was clearly assessing the situation and what she should do.

 

"It's your decision. I am not forcing you, Dara," Jaejoong said before bringing back his attention to Han.

 

Two of the knights had drawn their swords and were about to attack Han. Han remained standing perpendicular to his approaching opponents, his longer sword pointed directly between the two knights as he calmly waited who would attack first.

 

The knight on Han’s left began the attack. It was easily parried by Han’s blade. The second knight swiftly followed, thinking that his comrade had created an opening for him. He quickly slashed his sword on Han’s half-turned back! But Han proved agile and easily dodged the incoming blade. Without breaking the flow of his movement, Han surprised the second knight with a powerful sidekick from his right foot. The knight went flying away. The knight's armor clanged when he finally landed on one of the gravestones!

 

The first knight again attacked, aiming for a quick kill. The knight's sword point was targeting Han's throat, but Han kneeled, letting the sword pass over his head while simultaneously moving his sword to cut through the knight’s stomach! The steel-plated armor proved no match to Han's blade as it cut through the metal and reached flesh. Blood spurted from the shocked knight. He crumpled to the ground and became still.

 

Three more knights have now reached Han. The second knight had regained his composure and had hauled himself up. Han would now be facing four assailants! Jaejoong had never seen any one defeat four skilled and armed opponents. The odds were t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter