CHAPTER 29

Lord of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The absurdity of Jaejoong's situation hit him like a kick in the gut.

 

"No!" he protested vehemently.

 

"Which means that if you irritate me or you ignore me, you will get hurt a lot, Jaejoong!" warned Dara before walking away.

 

Han laughed. He stood up shaking his head. Jaejoong blinked. How could this man remind him of his father when his father never smiled. This man seemed to know the meaning of fun and humor. Though he couldn't find anything funny in his current condition!

 

"Cloud, you really have a messed-up sense of humor! No wonder you sent me here to save Prince Jaejoong," said an amused Han.

 

"I have never sent you-" Cloud began protesting.

 

"Don’t worry, you will soon remember this."

 

Jaejoong found himself looking from Cloud to Han. He realized that Han could also see and hear Cloud!

 

"How can you see Cloud?" he asked.

 

"I have always seen him. But if you really want to be surprised, even Dara can see him now. You, Prince Jaejoong has managed to corrupt a pure and lofty Oracle and turned her into a real woman," teased Han. There was a familiarity with the way the man spoke to him. As if he had known him for a long time.

 

"Have we met before, Han?" he asked.

 

Han smiled.

"

I have heard of you. But this is the first time we have seen each other face to face. Imagine my surprise when I found you unconscious and being protected by a beautiful woman who turned out to be the Oracle herself!" he chuckled.

 

Dara was beautiful? Something was wrong with Han's eyes. Jaejoong glanced at Dara and saw her face turned bright red! She was blushing! She had never blushed before. Something didn’t feel right. Something was happening, yet he couldn’t put his finger on it.

 

"Who really are you, Han?"

 

"That’s the same question Cloud keeps on asking me. I wouldn’t answer him because he already knows the answer, he just can’t remember. But as for you Prince-"

 

"Call me Jaejoong."

 

Han nodded with understanding.

 

"You have become your own man."

 

"You haven’t answered my question."

 

"Whether you would believe me or not, the truth is, Cloud sent me here. He instructed me to come to the City of the Dead, on a small hill before sunrise and save your life. As to why I risked my life coming here, it is because you hold the key in finding what I have lost."

 

"Are you saying I stole something from you?" The only thing he had ever stolen was the Sword of Truth. Although some might say he had also stolen Dara from the Oracle. He glanced at the sword. It was lying just a few feet away from him. If that was Han’s target, he could have taken it while he was still unconscious.

 

"No. But you will lead me to the important thing that I have lost. You are the key to my past," explained Han.

 

"I don’t understand."

 

"Neither do I," Han glanced at Cloud. "But that’s what he said to me. To get back something that was precious to me. I need your help."

 

"If it was so precious, why have you lost it?"

 

"It was stolen from me. But the worst part was, I can’t even remember what it was," he sighed.

 

The Oracle stole ideas and remove the memory of that idea from a person’s mind! Could Han be one of the Oracle's victims?

 

"You lost an idea? Cloud absorbs-"

 

Han shook his head.

 

"If it was an idea, Cloud could have given it back to me. But the last words he told me, before we parted ways was that I must come here and save you. And that you would show me and help me get back the thing I have lost."

 

"I don’t know how I could help you, Han."

 

The large man kneeled before Jaejoong. He then unsheathed his long sword and laid it before Jaejoong’s feet and bowed down.

 

"I trust you with my life, Jaejoong. And I swear that I will protect you with my strength, abilities and every power I possess even if it means sacrificing my own life for you. I will stand by your side until the day you have helped me find what I have lost. This is my oath to you, Kim Jaejoong. I will not break it. Use me as you see fit, I will be you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter