CHAPTER 31

Lord of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong had thought of a plan to get back at the Oracle and save his life. But in order for it to work, he needed to know how to use Dara’s power of foresight. Dara agreed to teach him how to use her power, but Jaejoong was starting to regret his decision. The training she started giving him was more like torture! She was the strictest instructor he ever had! Not to mention that she’s prone to violence and fits of rage!

 

"Ouch! Stop it!" he grimaced. It was the tenth time that Dara’s left hand landed on his face. He was already starting to feel the sting on his cheeks. Her left hand, though bandaged, seemed to be functioning quite well! The woman's hands were supposed to be so badly hurt she couldn't even wield a sword. Yet that hadn't stop her from repeatedly slapping him!

 

"If you have been concentrating, you would have known that I will be slapping you!"

 

"How can I concentrate when my ear is still ringing from the punch you gave me a while ago!" he loudly complained. "Are your hands really hurt? They seem capable of hurting and mtotally aimimg me!"

 

"Do you want to give up, Jaejoong? Just tell me and I’ll stop teaching you," she warned.

 

"This is not teaching! This is abuse!"

 

"Because you are not trying hard enough! Words are not enough for a stupid boy like you!"

 

"Hey, I am not stupid, and stop calling me a boy!"

 

"Then prove to me that you can see what will happen five minutes from now!"

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that I see several futures? I can’t distinguish which one is right!"

 

 "You are using the power wrongly! You are scanning possible futures. That’s the reason you keep seeing different scenarios. You have to reign in your power. Do not allow it to go everywhere. Concentrate on a fix point in time five minutes from now!"

 

"I have been trying to do that for the last two hours!"

 

"Then stop doing what you have been doing these last two hours because that is useless!"

 

"You are not a very good teacher," he grumbled.

 

"You are just a bad student! Be grateful that I am here to teach you before the soldiers arrive and kill you!"

 

Dara turned toward Cloud. The black cloud was hovering around Salamander who remained unaware of the cloud's presence as he continued to munch on the grasses before him.

 

"How many more hours before they reach us, Cloud?" asked Dara. "More or less about two hours. We still have the option of running to one of the regions," answered Cloud.

 

Han was currently standing guard below the hill. He and Cloud had somehow reached a truce. They no longer argue. Unlike the situation between Jaejoong and Dara which was about to reach a critical boiling point if she continued to slap him!

 

"You keep telling me to concentrate. Concentrate how?" Jaejoong growled. "When I was learning how to use a sword, I needed to treat the sword as the extension of my arm. And when I fight an opponent, I study his face and body movement so I could predict his intention and how his sword or hand would attack."

 

"No wonder you can’t use the power. You are treating it like a sword. And you are trying to predict what I would do by studying me. That’s not the way to use the power of foresight. And trying to study my movement and intention is hampering you from properly seeing the future. You still think like a fighter. You need to think like me. Like a seer. You open your eyes and see!"

 

"I have no idea what you are talking about!" he complained.

 

He saw the slap coming! But the fast reflexes he had gained during the years of training and honing his body into a fighter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter