CHAPTER 15

Lord of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present Day

 

 

 

After Jaejoong's experience with Cloud's method of putting ideas on a mind, he was interested to see how it would affect someone like So Ji-sub. Hopefully, Cloud wouldn't drive the man insane. He put on his other lion mask before he left his room. This mask didn't cover his whole face and showed off his real mouth. He often used this mask when he had to eat in front of people.

 

From his room, he headed straight to the kitchen to eat the meal prepared by Ji-sub’s cook. He asked the cook to call Ji-sub, instructing her to tell him that he had something very important to discuss.

 

He was already halfway through his meal when Ji-sub entered the dining room and plopped his fat behind on the chair across the dining table.

 

"You have a bad habit of disturbing my dreams, Hero," he said curtly.

 

The mask didn’t hide Jaejoong's smile at Ji-sub's remarks.

 

"This is your lucky day then, Ji-sub. Because I discovered a way wherein you can get back your dreams. Your original idea!"

 

"What idea are you talking about?"

 

The plan Jaejoong devised was simple. He would talk and distract Ji-sub so that Cloud could slowly implant the idea inside Ji-sub’s mind, without the former noticing or feeling anything.

 

Cloud was already hovering over Ji-sub’s head. Slowly, Cloud began to descend and engulf Ji-sub’s head making it appear to Jaejoong’s eyes like Ji-sub now had a head shaped like a cloud.

 

Ji-sub stopped talking.

 

"Ji-sub?" he called. The man remained motionless. "Cloud? What happened to him?"

 

"His original idea about the magic school is now taking hold of his mind." Cloud floated away from Ji-sub’s head.

 

Ji-sub’s eyes rolled up his head before he collapsed facedown on the table.

 

"He seemed to have lost consciousness," commented Cloud.

 

"Hah!" Jaejoong smirked. "You’ve only put one idea in his head, and it’s even his own idea, yet he couldn’t handle it. It seems I am not as weak as you thought, Cloud. The ideas you jammed in my mind were much bigger and more numerous than what you have put inside Ji-sub’s mind. I have every reason to lose consciousness, and it was never a sign of weakness but of your lack of expertise."

 

Cloud snorted but never acknowledged the truth of Jaejoong's observations.

 

Jaejoong approached Ji-sub and began studying him.

 

"If every time you put back an idea into the head of someone, he passes out, then we could use that to stop our enemies. How many of the temple guards and castle soldiers had lost an idea?"

 

Cloud became still. He seemed to be in deep thought. After a few seconds, his body began rocking back and forth.

 

"Based on my information, five."

 

"Only five?" Jaejoong was disappointed.

 

"The Oracle only takes ideas that will push progress and destroy their plan for Haldor."

 

"Back to plan A." Jaejoong sighed. "Let’s start finding people whose ideas were taken by the Oracle. How many people do you think we need in order to alarm the Oracle?"

 

"Maybe ten. But to be sure,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter