CHAPTER 3

Lord of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lady Jessica’s giggles were replaced with sighs and moans of pleasure. Jaejoong was proud of his accomplishments tonight. He not only managed to wrest the Lady away from her maids, but had also secured a private spot for them here in the castle’s rose garden. And now, to cap his victory, he would now discover if Jessica was truly worthy to become his bride.

 

"Prince Jaejoong," Jessica’s voice beseeched him. She wanted him. Her body screamed with desires he had awoken in her.

 

This ritual to prove Lady Jessica's purity did not need witnesses. It was a private act between them. Jaejoong's word would bear witness to Jessica’s purity or unworthiness once they stood before the Oracle.

 

No one could lie before the Oracle, because the Oracle always knew the truth. And lying before the Oracle would have dire consequences. If he lied about Jessica's purity or worse maligned her, he would be immediately stripped of his legacy! The world of Haldor required its ruler and future king to be brave, good and above all else, honest. For centuries, the Oracle had made sure that only the most worthy man would ever become king of Haldor.

 

Nothing could be hidden from the Oracle. Her powers were everywhere. Even now, Jaejoong could feel the Oracle's eyes constantly watching him, observing his words and actions as he made love to Jessica.

 

He glanced toward the direction of the Oracle's temple. What he saw surprised him. A pillar of pure, white light was coming from the Oracle's grounds! The light seemed to breach the night sky.

 

His fiery passion cooled instantly. A much more stronger emotion began to stir within him. Dread crept inside him. Something was not right!

 

"Prince Jaejoong?"Jessica’s voice was confused. She felt the change in him.

 

"Get dressed, My Lady. This ritual need to be postponed for now. Something strange is happening in the Oracle’s grounds."

 

He quickly put on his shirt and trousers.

 

"Forgive me, My Lady, but this is an emergency. Please go back to the castle. Stay in your room. Surround yourself with your maids, and do not leave for whatever reason."

 

From the gardens, Jaejoong went running toward the secret passage that connected the Oracle’s compound to the castle. Only a few people knew of this passage. To ordinary folks, their only access to reach the Oracle was the wide cobbled path from the town center that ended in front of the large wooden gates of the Oracle's temple.

 

He emerged from the passage and continued heading to the source of the pillar of light. He soon discovered that the light was coming from the Eternal Spring in the inner courtyard! The Oracle's temple had been built beside the spring. Crystal clear waters had been coming out of the spring since time immemorial. Pilgrims had drunk and taken waters from it for centuries. Some even believed that the spring’s water could cure illnesses.

 

The Eternal Spring also served as the guardian of the Sword of Truth. It allowed everyone to see the half-buried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter