CHAPTER 27

Lord of Darkness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The man stood before the rising sun as he fought the undead. His more than six-foot tall, bronzed body moved like a well-trained and experienced warrior. He was broad shouldered and well muscled, yet his movements were swift and unhampered by his bulk. He simultaneously swung the sword and used his red-flamed torch to cut and burn all undead who climbed the hill.

 

Dara could only sit and watch. Before the man faced the hordes of the undead, he had quickly dragged Jaejoong’s body near Salamander and ordered her to stay with the two as he positioned himself between them and the undead's onslaught.

 

She had no more strength to even lift the sword, though she maintained her grip on its hilt. She couldn't feel safe yet. The attack of the undead was not yet over. She, Jaejoong and Salamander were still in danger of being torn to pieces by the undead's skeletal hands and rotting teeth.

 

Cloud meanwhile was producing numerous thunderbolts than before due to the man’s constant teasing of Cloud’s inability to remember him. Numerous undead paid the price for Cloud's irritation. Dara wanted to sleep and lie down. Her body cried out for rest. But she needed to see the truth of the man’s word.

 

Dara wanted this nightmare to stop. She wanted the dead to go back to their peaceful sleep.

 

She felt the sun’s rays on her cheeks as it rose higher in the sky before she heard the man’s triumphant shout! She stood up. Below them, she saw the undead began falling and tumbling over each other. Some even crumbled and shattered as they hit the ground.

 

"You were right about this, Cloud," commented the man as he wiped sweat from his brow though he looked like he could still go on fighting for several hours.

 

"I have never said anything about what will happen to the undead come morning! Stop treating me like we know each other!" retorted Cloud’s angry voice.

 

The man planted the point of his sword on the ground. The torch which remained blazing all throughout the fight suddenly went out after the man uttered a strange word.

 

"You’re a magic user?!" Dara gasped.

 

He turned and looked at her.

 

"No. But this torch is an object of magic. Anyone can use this torch as long as he knows the words that would light up or extinguish its fires. The maker of this torch is a great blacksmith who could combine technology and magic."

 

"Who are you?" Cloud boomed looking like a thundercloud about to release a powerful thunderbolt.

 

"Friends call me Han. But you can call me by my real name, that is if you can remember it." He gave a hearty laugh.

 

A small thunderbolt shot out of Cloud’s body targeting Han. Han simply sidestepped to avoid the thunderbolt. The thunderbolt blackened the ground where his foot used to be.

 

"You haven’t changed after all these years! You still get cranky when you are teased and when someone knows more than you do," Han said in amusement.

 

To Dara’s surprise Han suddenly grabbed Cloud and gave him a tight hug.

 

"I missed you, old friend."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter