Xiao | When Jiyeon is Xiao's first love and they meet again after a long time

UP10TION Oneshots {Open}

Dongyeol still remembers the day Jiyeon had left, just like it was yesterday.

Flashback

"I'm not going to leave you," Jiyeon insisted, clutching tightly to her luggage and dropped the plane ticket. A boarding announcement for her flight was said over the airport intercom. Dongyeol knew how much Jiyeon wanted to become a doctor, he knew it when her eyes lit up whenever she was volunteering at the local hospital, how she seemed happier when she was in biology class, her priceless reaction when she got an acceptance letter from Harvard. He also knew how he was the one holding her back to her dream, even though she keeps insisting that he isn't. Dongyeol just knew that it was better to let her achieve her lifelong dream, even if it meant that shell have to do it without him.

Dongyeol smiled and bent down to pick the discarded ticket. He put it in Jiyeon's open hand and closed it. "It's okay. I'll be fine. I'll be waiting for you here when you come back. You'll be fine. Now, go."

Jiyeon gave Dongyeol one last hug and ran to the gate. Just as her ticket was being scanned, she gave Dongyeol another look, a nervous look, which Dongyeol returned a comforting smile and mouthed 'Go'. Jiyeon waved goodbye to Dongyeol and headed to the plane. He had made sure the plane has lifted off safely before leaving the airport. Goodbye, Jiyeon.

Having opposite time zones were difficult to work with. Whenever Dongyeol had time to call Jiyeon, it would be in the middle of the night, and whenever Jiyeon did have time to call, Dongyeol would be practicing. Gradually, the calls had lessened and the couple grew apart.

"Dongyeol," Jiyeon in a breath, "lets break up."

"If that makes you happy, then okay," Dongyeol replied. I'm just in her way. I'm just in her way.

"I can't be happy if you're not here with me, but our relationship has grown so far apart, I'm sorry," Jiyeon cried and wiped a stray tear. It was probably at the middle of the night for her, as it was the afternoon for him.

"Jiyeon, I'll be fine, you'll be fine. You're going to be an amazing doctor, just think of your future and always know that I'll be cheering you on," Dongyeol smiled sadly.

"Why aren't you arguing with me? Why aren't you trying to keep our relationship?" Jiyeon asked.

"Because your happiness is my goal, and if breaking up with me will makes you happy, then I'll be fine. I love you, Seon Jiyeon," Dongyeol tapped the red button to end the call and walked into the practice room.

"Good morning, Ms. Seon," the receptionist greeted cheerfully.

Jiyeon snorted. "Doyoung, it's been months since you began working here, you can drop the nice act with everyone now and you can be mean to us," Jiyeon teased.

Doyoung glared. "Is this mean enough for you?" he asked and continued to funnily glare at her. Jiyeon ruffled his hair playfully and walked inside the elevator.

"Good morning, Jiyeon," Taeyong greeted when Jiyeon walked through the emergency room doors. She had graduated and became the world's first female cardio thoracic surgeon, but she had a little mishap with the hospital CEO's daughter and was bumped to an emergency surgeon. She sure was living the dream.

"Morning, Taeyong, any patients for me today?" She asked. Taeyong checked the computer and nodded.

"Hwanhee, male, member of Up10tion, and guess what?" Taeyong toothily grins at her. "He's around your age, too." Jiyeon smacked Taeyong on the shoulders before grabbing her clipboard and sanitizing her hands to meet the new patient.

Five males greeted her when she entered the room. Obviously, the one clutching his right ankle in pain was the patient, although all of them looked dead tired and in need of sleep.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Seon Jiyeon, who's the patient today?" The boys pointed to the one clutching his foot, of course. She bent down to examine his ankle and touched it, which made the boy howl in pain. "It's definitely a twisted ankle, but it seemed too pressured for it to be new, must've been there for a long time. Don't ever do something like that or else we'll have to cut off your foot next time."

The boy, Hwanhee, grew shocked at the comment and widened his eyes. Jiyeon chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm just kidding, although, a few more days and I could've done that. I'll give you a note to tell your company to let you rest and you'll need a wheelchair judging by the way your face scrunches up in pain when you try to move that ankle. If that's all, then you'll be out of her in the no time."

"Thanks, doc." The boys bowed as Jiyeon left the room. Something about that kid next to my patient seems familiar.

"Lunch break?" Taeyong asked when Jiyeon was about to leave the emergency room.

"I think my appetite is gone after what I've saw today," Jiyeon replied. "I'll just be getting coffee."

"Get me one, too! Decaf!" Taeyong yelled as Jiyeon entered the elevator to go to the cafeteria.

"Wait! Hold it!" A voice yelled and Jiyeon put out her arm to stop the doors from closing. A friend of Hwanhee had entered the elevator. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. What floor?" Jiyeon asked as her hand hovered over the buttons.

"Lobby, please." Jiyeon pressed the L button and the elevator descended.

The boy turned and stared at Jiyeon's name tag. "Seon Jiyeon? I've heard that name before," he muttered under his breath.

"Does 'first female cardio thoracic surgeon' ring a bell? Well, I was before that girl bumped me to emergency surgeon after I came back from Harvard," Jiyeon muttered. Harvard? That rung a bell in Xiao's head. He pieced the pieces together and-

"Ah. Seon Jiyeon, I know you more than you just being a heart surgeon. It's me, Dongyeol, remember?" Jiyeon stared at his face for a few seconds. His face was paler, his eyes were darker, his hair was white, but he still looked like the Dongyeol she knew years ago.

"Dongyeol?" She almost hugged him before she remembered that she was the one that ended their relationship. She cleared . "How are you?"

The elevator dinged and the door opened, showing the lobby, but Dongyeol pressed the 'close doors' button and turned to Jiyeon.

"'How are you?' Yeah, I'm fine. Totally didn't get heartbroken by my first love a few years ago." Dongyeol scoffed.

Jiyeon frowned. "You were okay with it."

"I thought I was."

"What-"

"Your dream was to become a doctor. You skipped meetings with medical school representatives just so you could get ice cream with me. You left your hospital volunteering job so you could join me to go to Busan. I've always been in the way of your dreams. I thought that if I'd let you go, that you'd do better, be better. I mean, who were you to be with such a dumb kid like me, anyway? You were meant to find a rich, smart guy that treats you special. And me? I was meant to be your distraction," Dongyeol confessed.

Jiyeon had no words. She sighed. "You're right. My dream was to become a doctor. I did turn down multiple meetings with medical school representatives just to hang out with you. I left my volunteering job because I was tired of it, I've been doing them for years, and I got tired of it. It seems to you that me being from a rich family means that I should marry a rich man, but Dongyeol, they'll never make me as happy as I am with you. I thought that if I break up with you, I could concentrate better on my studies. Boy, was I wrong. I was suffering. There weren't any texts in the morning that you'd send me during the night. I had nothing to do in my free time. College parties weren't my thing, anyway. I was afraid, that if I wanted us to be back together, that you'd tell how stupid I am, for doing that in the first place. I needed you, that's why I came back to South Korea. I needed to see you again." Jiyeon broke down into tears.

Dongyeol pulled her into a hug and her hair softly. "I've been hoping everyday that I'd see you again," he murmured.

Jiyeon pulled away to look at him and smiled softly. "So, what were you up to during my absence?"

Dongyeol chuckled and rubbed his neck awkwardly. "This might sound weird but I'm an idol. You know, the people who sing and dance on stage, well, I'm that person."

"It's not weirder than being a world class surgeon to an emergency surgeon. Do you want to join me for coffee?" Jiyeon asked. Dongyeol smiled and nodded. She opened the elevators doors and they silently walked to the cafeteria.

"We might as well catch up," Dongyeol murmured as they ordered coffee and sat at an empty.

"Then lets reintroduce each other." Jiyeon sticks out her hand. "I'm Seon Jiyeon, the worlds first female cardio thoracic surgeon, who got bumped to an emergency surgeon. And you?"

Dongyeol laughed and went along with it, taking her hand and shaking it. "Lee Dongyeol, or Xiao, that's my stage name. I'm a member of a kpop boy group called Up10tion."


FOR: LOVEKILLER_TSUNA

I FINISHED IT THE DAY YOU REQUESTED IT ON MIRCOSOFT WORD BUT I FORGOT TO UPLOAD IT ON HERE, IM SO STUPID     >.< HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!

AND EVERYONE  PLEASE REQUEST SOME BAD ENDING ONE SHOTS FOR ME BECAUSE IM IN LOVE WITH ANGST AT THE MOMENT