Gyujin | When Gyujin gets cheated in by his girlfriend and meets Dahyun at a bar

UP10TION Oneshots {Open}

The image of his girlfriend -now ex girlfriend- kissing his best friend could not get out of Gyujin's head. Hours earlier, he received a text from Gayoon saying that she was working late tonight. There she was, kissing his friend, Kogyeol. Gyujin mindlessly walked on the streets, not paying attention to any bystanders or stores. A drunken couple came out of a bar and bumped carelessly into Gyujin. Gyujin shot them a look and saw a big flashing sign in front of him. Cocktail Circus - Club and Bar. Rather than wandering the streets alone at night, Gyujin decided to go into the bar for a drink or two. 

Once inside the club, heavy music and flashing lights bounced against the walls and women crowded Gyujin. He pushed his way through and took a seat at the bar. "Beer," he ordered. 

"What's the occasion?" The female bartender asked. Her name tag said 'Dahyun'. She opened up a bottle beer and set it before Gyujin. 


"My girlfriend, or ex girlfriend, if I want to be specific," Gyujin began. 


"You look pretty sad, so I'm guessing that she broke it off?" Dahyun asked. Gyujin chuckled slightly. 


"I never thought that my best friend would be sleeping with my girlfriend behind my back, you know. Maybe, I'm just not enough. Right now, she still thinks we're together, that she is still being sneaky about it. I'm so stupid!" Gyujin slams down the empty bottle on the countertop. 


"Hey, hey, hey. Try not to bring the countertop, Jinhoo will get super pissed. So, how did you find out that she was cheating?" Dahyun wasn't the type to be snoopy, but the guy looked like he needed help, and that's what she's going to give him. She opened another bottle and gave it to Gyujin. 


"I'm an accountant, but my boss told me to get off work early. Probably figured out that I was working too much, so I got out of work, texted my 'lovely'," he air quotes the word, "girlfriend. I receive a text a minute later, she's telling me that she has work late, she's a florist and she had a big order. So, I head home, you know, I'm tired from waking up before the sun is up, and all I need is a really long nap. I always pass by the park on my way to our shared apartment and then it happens. I see my best friend, no surprise because he works at the fashion store next to the park, but I see my girlfriend with him. An-and he was kissing her. It didn't look like it was the first time they kissed, either." Gyujin breaks down in a crying mess, still clutching his half empty beer bottle tightly. 


Dahyun patted his back softly. "Hey now, it's okay. Please don't leave snot on the countertop, because I totally don't want to clean that up."


Gyujin smiles slightly. "I don't know if you're trying to make me laugh or you really do worry about this countertop, but you made me laugh. I haven't done that all day. Thanks."


Gyujin checked the time on his watch. "I should go, I need a new place to sleep, since, you know, I share my apartment with my girlfriend. Oh yeah, by the way, my name is Gyujin." 


"I'm Dahyun. Wait, Gyujin? As from the Gyujin from TOP High?" Dahyun asked. Gyujin nodded slightly, as if wondering how she knew. "It's me, Kim Dahyun. You know, the girl who did the eagle dance during the talent and actually won." 


"Oh! That Dahyun! Wow, it's been so long, how have you been?" Gyujin snapped out of his drunken state to greet his long time classmate. 

"I'm doing okay, I mean I have a job that pays pretty well. And, if you need a place to stay, you could stay at my apartment if you want," Dahyun suggested. 

 

"Really? I mean we haven't seen each other since graduation, but I'd really appreciate your offer," Gyujin said. 

 

"Okay! I'll be off in a few more minutes, you want another bottle?" Gyujin nods and takes out his credit card so he can pay for it. She takes it and gives him the receipt. Dahyun goes to the back of the club and comes out in casual clothes. 

 

"You ready?" She asks. Gyujin staggers out of the bar stool and walks out of the bar with Dahyun holding him steady. 

 

Dahyun's apartment wasn't big, but it wasn't small. She shared an apartment with her best friend, which was a guy. His name was Jung Jaehyun and he was a pretty quiet guy despite the first thing he said when the two went into the apartment was "Woah! Dahyun finally got a guy home!"

 

Jaehyun was greeted with a smack on the head by Dahyun. "I'll explain later, but change his clothes into some of yours." 

 

Jaehyun obeyed and changed Gyujin, who was knocked out cold. After making sure Gyujin was comfortable to sleep, Jaehyun grabbed a cup of water and placed it in front of Dahyun. 

 

"Okay. So you're telling me that the guy who is passed out on our couch right now is your high school classmate who just got his heart broken by his girlfriend, who's cheating on him with his best friend? And now you're going to help him? What are you planning to do, Kim Dahyun?" Jaehyun asks. 

 

Dahyun shrugs. "The guy was in such a horrible state. He doesn't deserve that, so I'm going to help him get over his ex." Gyujin's phone rings and Dahyun picks it up. 

 

Before she could speak, a girl starts yelling. "Gyujin! Where are you?! I bought dinner for the both of us and now it's cold, are you okay? Why are you out so late? You said that you ended work early," the girl asks, a hint of worry in her tone. 

 

"Are you Gyujin's girlfriend?" Dahyun asks. The girl snorts. 

 

"'Are you Gyujin's girlfriend?' Of course I am, my number is saved under 'Lovely Girlfriend'. Now who are you and why do you have Gyujin's phone? That bastard is cheating on me, isn't he?" The girl yells. Dahyun could see her narrowing her eyes through her phone. Jaehyun's eyes widen and tries to hide his laugh. 

 

"Aren't you the one cheating on him? He saw everythin-" Gyujin takes his phone from Dahyun. 

 

"Hello? Hey, Gayoon. No, I'm not cheating on you," Gyujin seethes. "Gayoon, I saw you with Kogyeol this afternoon. I saw you kissing him. No, your excuses don't work this time. It's over. I'll grab my stuff tomorrow since it's your apartment." Gyujin ends the phone call and looks at Dahyun. 

 

"Sorry, I thought you wanted to sleep, so I answered it without looking at the caller ID," Dahyun explains. 

 

"It's okay," Gyujin rubs his eyes. "I'm going back to sleep." He climbs back on the couch and closes his eyes and lets himself drift to sleep. 

 

"He seems fine, you still sure about helping him?" Jaehyun asks. 

 

Dahyun nods. "I'm sure."



"The boss told me that I can get off in ten minutes, I'll come and visit you, okay?" Gyujin says. Dahyun answers a yes and the phone call ends. She puts back on her apron and ends her break. Gyujin persuaded her to quit her job as a bartender and got her a job as a baker when she baked goods for the business party Gyujin had. Dahyun was so careful with the batch of cookies she was making as they were for Gyujin. Dahyun was never the type to fall in love. But, Gyujin had given her so many reasons why she fell in love with him. From the warm hugs he gave that time when she and Jaehyun were in a fight when Jaehyun had broken Dahyun's favorite decorative plate to the assuring smiles he gave to comfort Dahyun on her first day as a baker. 

 

"Quit dreaming before those cookies burn," a voice interrupts her thoughts. She turns around and finds Jaehyun smirking at her. Dahyun scowls and heads to the kitchen. Why did she just have to tell him about her plan to confess to Gyujin today? 

 

"What do you want?" Dahyun comes out of the kitchen after making sure that the cookies were fine. 

 

"Well, I heard that Gyujin is about to end work, and you probably don't want him to visit you here, maybe somewhere, like the park, perhaps. So I'll take over your shift and you'll clean my room for two months as a sign of gratitude that your best friend is helping you get it on with your lover, okay?" Jaehyun smirks. "You'll also have to clean my bathroom, too."

 

"One month," Dahyun suggests. 

 

"A month and a half."

 

"Alright, fine. Deal." Jaehyun climbs over the counter and grabs Dahyun's apron. "And don't think that I don't know that you're in love with my manager, too." Jaehyun's eyes widens and Dahyun laughs as she grabs her purse and cookies. 

 

"I'm on my way to the park, meet me there, okay?" Dahyun tells Gyujin. 

 

"I'm just about there, see you there, Dahyun." Dahyun reaches the park before Gyujin does, and decides to go buy an iced tea for Gyujin as its his favorite drink. 

 

Gyujin knew that it was a bad decision to fall in love with Dahyun, but yet, it was the best thing that ever happened to him. They've gotten closer to each other ever since that night and Gyujin has now completely gotten over his heartbreak. He wanted to surprise her today, so he bought a replica of the decorative plate that Jaehyun broke. He had reached the park, but didn't see Dahyun, so he looked around and found a florist shop. He never realized how hard picking flowers were, until today. The lavenders had a too strong smell but the roses smelled too soft. 

 

"Buying flowers for someone special?" A voice interrupts his thoughts. Gyujin turned around and saw Gayoon. She was as equally shocked as him but regained her composure faster. "Gyujin. How are you?" 

 

"Ga-Gayoon, I forgot that your worked here. I'm doing fine, and you? Are you still with Kogyeol?" Gyujin asked. The bitter feeling wasn't present, it was like talking to a long lost friend. 

 

"Yeah, I'm still dating him. Listen, Gyujin, I'm sorry for cheating on you. You don't deserve that, but I felt so different with Kogyeol, I just want you to know that you will always have a special place with my heart," Gayoon apologizes. 

 

Gyujin waves her off. "How was that? Like a few months ago? Gayoon, you don't need to apologize, I'm already over you. If this has been burdening your heart, then please let it be lifted. Yes, I'm mad that you cheated on me with my best friend, but that was a long time ago. I met someone very special to me that night we broke up, and I'm going to confess to her today. Can you help me?" Gyujin asks. 

 

"Sure, I'll pick the best flowers we have." Gayoon runs off to the back to fill out a bouquet of flowers. 

 

Dahyun saw it all. Dahyun saw how he smiled in gratitude to Gayoon. She saw how Gayoon smiled back. All of her dreams were over. Gyujin was probably with Gayoon again. Dahyun felt hot tears on her cheek as she walked past the florist shop, the box of cookies growing heavier and heavier until Dahyun threw it away. She found a spot on a lonely park bench and wept on it. 

 

A hand tapped her shoulder. "Dahyun!" Gyujin exclaims and stops when he sees Dahyun crying. "What's wrong?"

 

"'What's wrong?' I spent months helping you get over her, and now you're back with her? Those months I've spent with you, those were one of the happiest moments in life. I was so unhappy with everything before I met you, you made me enjoy life. I got a better job, because you helped me. And I became so stupid, so stupid enough to fall in love with you," Dahyun cried. 

 

"Dahyun, Gayoon and I are over. You know what? It was you who made me realize that I deserved better. It was you who cheered me up; made me forget about everything. I was so happy around you. What you saw in the flower shop before, was nothing. She was just helping me pick flowers for you, because, Kim Dahyun, I love you. I love you so much, that I can't live without you, I've never experience this kind of love before, but you have opened my eyes. I love you, Dahyun," Gyujin confessed and held out the bouquet of flowers in front of her. "So, will you please be my beloved girlfriend?"

 

Dahyun took the flowers and hugged Gyujin. "Yes, yes, yes, in a million years, yes."

 

"I, uh, also got you this." Gyujin handed her the gift box. 

 

Dahyun opened the box and gasped. "How'd you get this? This is supposed to be a limited edition one. Thank you so much." Dahyun placed the plate back into the box and hugged Gyujin. 

 

"I love you," Gyujin says as he leans down to steal a kiss from Dahyun. 

 

"I love you, too."


FOR: AILASHANE 

Thanks for staying patient with me! Also, this was written on my phone, so that's why it's so oddly spaced. I've honestly had such a huge writer's block from these past few months, but I've been writing more, so please expect me to be updating once again!