Jinhoo | When Nani is a transfer student and falls in love with him

UP10TION Oneshots {Open}

Heavy rain droplets bounced off the side car window as Nani was being driven to her first day in school at Korea. For sure, it's not going to be like New York.

"Oh come on, Nani, it's just a bit of a drizzle," her sister, Minseo, crooned. Nani turned away from the car window to start at her older sister in disbelief. The road wasn't even visible.

"Can you even see the road?" Nani scoffed. "I can't believe I'm going to look wet and gross for the first day of school." 

 "Hey. At least you won't be flagged down by an old lady who's car was stuck a mud pile. Geez there's still mud in my ears," Minseo shuddered at the thought from two years. Nani laughed, remembering the look on her sister when she came home with her uniform stained with dried mud.

"We're here. Get out loser." Minseo immediately locked the doors and made a dangerous U-turn after Nani exited the car. Nani scoffed in disbelief and shield her hair and face from the pellet-like droplets of rain.  

* * *

Jinhoo followed his friend's gaze to the front of the classroom where the new transfer girl was nervously standing. Wei nodded towards her and mouthed 'she's hot' to him. Jinhoo chuckled at his friends playboy personality. The class quieted down when the teacher raised his hand.

"Class, we have a new student. Her name's Yoon Nani, and assist her if needed. You may sit next to Wei. Wei, please raise your hand," the teacher instructed. Wei smirked and raised his hand. Once Nani sat down, Wei and other guys began attacking her with questions.

"Where are you from? You don't seem to be korean... Your skin is a bit... dark," Wei touched her arm in amaze. Nani pulled away and glared at him.

"Wow, Wei, you got rejected that fast?" Jinhoo joked. Wei scoffed and went back to taking notes. He turned to Nani. "Can I see your schedule?" Nani gave him the paper and he compared his to hers. The only classes they had were accounting and biology.

"Do you think you can show me around after school?" Nani asked.

"I'm not sure, I have basketball practice, but I'll get someone else to help you," Jinhoo repliedl

* * *

After a long day of school, Nani was so ready to lie down her bed and fall asleep. Her parents didn't want to move, so they stayed and only Minseo came with her. However, Minseo decided to move in with her boyfriend, Joshua, so Nani now lives alone. Nani turned the key into her apartment and opened it. A strange boy was sitting on her leather couch. Nani screamed and fainted.

"Oh no. Not this one too!" The boy panicked and grabbed Nani's feet and dragged her inside. A few minutes later, Nani regained consciousness. She opened one eye and shut it again when she saw the mysterious boy.

"Oh, so I wasn't dreaming. There is a strange man in my apartment. Get out before I call the cops," Nani threatened. She reached to slap him, but her hand came right through him. She continued to do it, until the boy stopped her.

"Stop! That tickles!" The boy laughed. "I'm the ghost of Christmas past."

"It's not even close to Christmas!" Nani confronted. The boy raised his hands in defeat and laughed.

"I'm just kidding! Geez, can't a ghost have a little fun?" The boy grumbled. "I'm Dongyeol, but you call me Xiao. I'm here to help you."

"Help with what? I totally don't need any help," Nani shook her head. 

"I'm going to help you with your crush. You know, make him notice you more?" Xiao said. 

"What do you know about wooing a guy?" Nani scoffed. She felt herself moving forward as Xiao turned into his solid form and pushed her out the door. "Hey I didn't know ghosts can do that!" Soon after, they arrived at the mall. "What are we doing at the mall?"

"I'm giving you a makeover," Xiao calmly explained. She felt herself walking to the hair salon in the mall. "Go tell her you have an appointment." Xiao pushed her to the front desk.

"Hello. Welcome to TOP hair salon! How may I help you today?" The lady greeted.

"Uh, I-I have an appointment?" Nani stuttered. The lady tapped in the screen to look at the appointments scheduled.

"For Nani?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Oh you're right on time! Have a seat in the hair washing station and she'll start on you." She pointed to the small corner with a curtain. Nani walked to it and sat down. Shortly after, she felt her hair being washed. After her hair was washed, she sat in the salon and waited for her stylist.

"Hi, how are you today?" The stylist asked. He was a guy in his mid 30's with 'Andy' on his name tag. "Don't worry, you don't need to choose a hairstyle, it was already stated in your appointment description."

"Oh, okay," Nani replied. After an hour, she could finally look at her new hair. It was dyed a dark silver color and was cut medium length. After they paid, Xiao dragged her into many stores and gave her clothes to try on. After buying many bags of clothes, they finally returned home.

"My mom's going to kill me when she sees my bill," Nani mumbled. 

"Don't worry. I've got that covered," Xiao said, leaning his head back and closing his eyes. "It's late, you should go to sleep."

"Okay, good night Xiao."

The next morning, Nani came to school with her new hair and new wardrobe on. Just like Xiao imagined many guys were giving her catcalls in school. However, whenever a guy came up to her, Jinhoo would always be there and turn them down for her.

"Hey. Are you new?" A male student asked her. Nani turned around to face him. She could barely recall his name. What was it again? Seungcheol?

"And you are...?" Nani asked. The boy rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol. Although, my soundcloud is S.COUPS," he trailed off. "Well, this is awkward. I just wanted to say hi and are you free this Saturday?"

"Oh this Saturday? I'm not sure, but I'm probably free," Nani replied. Seungcheol's eyes lit up.

"Oh really? I was wondering if-" Seungcheol got cut off by Jinhoo who out his arm around Seungcheol's neck in a threatening way.

"I doubt you even know her name kid. Go away to your group, oh wait what're they called again? The loners?" Jinhoo confronted.

"It's called SEVENTEEN. Anyways, bye new girl." Seungcheol walked away with a red face. 

"Sorry, was he hurting you?" Jinhoo asked, concerned. Nani shook her head.

"No, but thank you."

"Any time Nani."

At lunch break, Nani met up with Xiao in an empty classroom. 

"I don't know. Nothing's working. I mean he noticed me, but I think he sees me as like a sister or something," Nani complained, taking a bite of her apple.

"Don't worry. You're fairy godfather has this all under control," Xiao comforted. 

"Fairy godfather?" Nani asked.

"Yes, it's better than saying 'the ghost of helping hormonal teenagers ask out their future lovers'." Nani laughed. The bell rang, signally the end of the lunch period.

"Well, you better help me Xiao." Nani threw away her apple core and went to her class. 

"Nani, will you go with Jinhoo to go get some cleaning supplies?" The biology teacher asked. Apparently, some students dropped the sample of toad pee on the ground. And let me tell you, it smells really bad.

"Sure," Nani said and followed Jinhoo to the janitor's closet. They felt around for the light switch until Jinhoo found out that it was a light bulb on the ceiling. He pulled the chain and a flickering light came on. Jinhoo closed the door behind them and looked around.

"Great. The towels are on the top shelf. Here, Nani, I'll lift you up and you get it," Jinhoo said. Jinhoo put Nani on his shoulders and lifted her up to the top shelf.

"I got them!" Nani said and felt herself wobbling. "Uh oh!" Jinhoo tripped and unhinged the doorknob with his shoulder. He felt a pair of soft lips on him. He opened his eyes and saw Nani.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Jinhoo jumped up and spilled out many apologies. 

"It's okay, you must be hurt. Lets grab the stuff and bring them to the classroom and go to the nurse afterwards. Wait. Where's the doorknob?" Nani panicked. She found the doorknob lying on the tile floor. 

"I guess we're stuck in here for the time being," Jinhoo said. Nani grew flustered. 

"I shouldn't be saying this because we've just literally met about a day ago, but I think I like you," Nani confessed.

"Me? You like me? It's nice knowing the girl I like, likes me too." Jinhoo hugged her waist and kissed her passionately. 


FOR: PLXTINHAIR

THANKS FOR READING! HONESTLY, I THINK MY WRITING IS SO PLAIN COMPARED TO OTHER PEOPLE. I DON'T KNOW, I JUST DON'T FEEL CREATIVE COMPARED TO OTHER WRITERS. WELL, ANYWAYS, THANKS FOR READING AND HAVE A NICE DAY/NIGHT! AND HAPPY EARLY THANKSGIVING IF YOU'RE FROM THE U.S.!

❤❤