Wooshin | When Haeryung was studying in the library and the popular boy in school went there to do some research

UP10TION Oneshots {Open}


The best thing next thing to being able to get ice cream after school, was going to the library down the street. It would be usually empty, with the exception of a few college students squeezing in their last minute of studying before their exams. Or it would be filled with other high schoolers that need to cram in last minute information before a big test. Today was no different. Haeryung found her usual corner seat empty and took out textbook. After a few minutes, the creaking of the library door invited the new visitor. A tall, red headed boy enter the library, whistling a simple tune. The librarian shushed him.

"Excuse me, this isn't the football field," a student joked. The student pushed up his glasses and laughed along with friend that he was studying with.

"Wow. A nerd actually knows what a football field is. I'm in shock," the red head smirked. The student glared at the red head while he was looking for a book.

"Do you need help?" The librarian asked the red head. He nodded and gave her his notebook. "The books about reproduction are in that aisle." The studying student snickered as the red head's face turned into the color of his hair. He speed walked to the books and grabbed the whole row. Taking an empty table, he stacked the books and began to do research on them.

Haeryung knew the boy. Wooshin was his name and he was the star quarterback on their football team. He and his group of nine other guys were known as the popular guys in school. Rumor has it that he's training to become an idol. Haeryung began to take note how his eyebrows crinkled when he came over to a difficult topic or word. She also saw the way his head bobbed when he was writing, as if he was singing in his head. She returned to her textbook when Wooshin looked up and locked eyes with her.

Soon after an hour, the library was empty except for the librarian, Haeryung, and Wooshin. It was a surprise to Haeryung that Wooshin was so focused in his work unlike how he was in class, where he would always be talking to throwing paper balls at his teacher.

"The library's about to close. You can leave the books here and I'll put them back for you," the librarian offered. Haeryung opened and refuse, but a certain red head beat her to it.

"I'll put them back, I don't want you to hurt your back," Wooshin said and swiftly took his pile of books and Haeryung's textbook to the bookshelves. The librarian waited until both of them were out to lock the library.

"Are you really walking home this late?" A voice asked. Haeryung met Wooshin's concerned eyes when she turned around.

"Yeah. I stayed really late at the library today," Haeryung explained. Wooshin walked towards her. "I'll walk you home," he said. "And I'm not taking a no."

The walk was silent until Wooshin spoke up. "I think it's funny the way your twirl you hair when you're really focused."

Haeryung never realized she did that. "I think it's funny the way you bob your head when your writing. What song do you sing in your head?"

"To be honest, it's Shake It Off by Taylor Swift," Wooshin confessed and turned red. Haeryung laughed out loud. "Shake It Off? I didn't expect a quarterback to listen to Taylor Swift."

"Well, now you know!" Wooshin smiled and laughed along with her. Haeryung didn't realize that she was at her house by the time they finish talking.

"Thanks for walking me home," Haeryung thanked.

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow." Wooshin waved goodbye. Just as Haeryung was about to open her door, he ran back. "Wait! Can I have your number?" 


I LOVE WRITING HIGHSCHOOL ONESHOTS, THEY'RE SO CUTE.

IT WAS REQUESTED BY INFINITYBABY AND SHE'S SO SWEET <3