Kuhn | When they're childhood friends and he's in love with her

UP10TION Oneshots {Open}

"Wake up sunshine!" Kuhn greeted from outside her balcony. They're families decided to move in house next to each other s few years ago. Even though Kuhn and Yunjin were at different level at school, they'd still remained the best of friends. Especially when Kuhn was there to protect her. 

"Shut up Kuhn!" Yunjin yelled and went back to sleep. She heard her balcony door opening and closing. Then she got blinded by the morning sun and glared at Kuhn, who opened the blinds.

"I said wake up and you went back to sleep. Ths was the only way," Kuhn showed a lopsided smiled. Yunjin threw the nearest pillow at him. "You have five minutes!" Kuhn hollered a went back to his balcony. After washing up, Yunjin headed downstairs where Kuhn was with her younger brother, Wonho. 

"Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Kuhn said when Yunjin walked down the stairs with an angry face. She flicked him off and Kuhn smiled in victory. 

"Now kids, you'll be late, best if you get going now!" Yunjin's mom said and rushed them out. The walk to school was only ten minutes. 

"Remember basketball game today at 7:00!" Kuhn said before joining his group of friends. Her brother went to go hang out with his groups of friends called Monsta X. Yunjin decided to go to her locker and prepare her books for first period. The bell rang and she headed to her first class. 

*

It was almost time for the game. The girls team played after the boys team, and as the captain, Yunjin had to make plans and pep talk every member. After finishing everything, she decided to sit back and watch the boys basketball team play. They were against Pledis High School's basketball team Seventeen. Yunjin swore there was a girl in that team. It was a tight name, but eventually Seventeen win with the score 13-10. Now it was time for the girls to play. They were against Pledis High School's After School. However, Yunjin's team won. 

"Good job Yunjin," the coach said as they were packing up. Yunjin nodded and waited for Kuhn, who was still changing out. 

"Hey," a voice greeted. It was Seungcheol, the captain of Seventeen's basketball team. Honestly, he was definitely a kingka, he had the looks, the brains, and the muscles. 

"Oh hey Seungcheol. Good game tonight," Yunjin congratulated. Seungcheol blushed and rubbed his neck sheepishly. 

"I, uh, wanted to ask if you wanted to go on a date with me in Saturday?" He asked. 

"Oh, um. I think I'm going to be busy this Saturday, sorry," Yunjin apologized. Kuhn came out of the locker room and saw Yunjin with Seungcheol. 

"Hey," he greeted. The atmosphere turned even more awkward. 

"Good game Seungcheol, now if you don't mind, I need to bring my sunshine home," Kuhn said and dragged Yunjin out.

Over the course of one month, Seungcheol would always be waiting for her after school, and would sometimes walk her home. Today wasn't any different. Waiting outside was Seungcheol in his black school uniform that said Pledis. 

"Hey," Yunjin greeted. Seungcheol looks up from his phone. 

"Hey," he greeted back. "I was wondering if you want to go to the fair this weekend?"

For once, Yunjin didn't reject him. 

The next day, there were rumors about Yunjin dating a guy from their rival school. And boy, Kuhn wasn't amused by this. Secretly, he had a crush on her, but he was scared it'll ruin their relationship if he confesses out of the blue. Next week, Yunjin and Seungcheol were dating. 

"Hey best friend," Yunjin greeted Kuhn at lunch. He sighed and stabbed his fork into the chicken. Yunjin grabbed his hand to stop him. 

"What did that chicken do to you?" Yunjin teased. 

"It's too salty," Kuhn muttered. Yunjin grabbed a piece of it and tasted it with some of her salad.

"Eh, it's better than the pork rinds last week. Why do you look so down?" Yunjin asked. Kuhn put down his fork. 

"It's too salty!" He whined and left the cafeteria.

"Geez. I never knew someone can get worked up on something that's salty," Yunjin laughed and tried another piece of chicken. She immediately spit it back out.

"Ew. He was right, it is too salty." Yunjin grabbed their trays and threw it out before leaving for her next class. Their school was partnering with Pledis High, so many students from Pledis High, including Seventeen, went to Yunjin's school. 

"I love you," a voice said. A voice that sounded a lot like Seungcheol. Yunjin hid around the corner and peeked. It was Seungcheol, but he was with Ailee, the point guard of the basketball team. Seungcheol pecked her lips once again. Feeling enraged, Yunjin walked up to them and slapped Seungcheol. 

"You liar!" Yunjin said and ran out. Before running far, she heard a 'What the hell?' from Woozi, Ailee's current boyfriend. I guess not so much anymore. Yunjin went to the park near the school. Out of all days, today was the day it's finally rained. Yunjin didn't care. She sat on a swing and cried. 

"You'll get sick if you keep staying there," Kuhn commented. He noticed Yunjin's red eyes and sat next to her. "What happened?"

"S-seungcheol...cheated on me with Ailee," Yunjin cried. Kuhn wrapped his arms around her small frame. He led her to under the slides where they'll stay dry. 

"Yunjin. I know it's sudden, but I've always liked you for a long time," Kuhn confessed. Yunjin stopped crying and looked at him. "I know. You're not ready for another relationship when you just got out of one like five minutes ago. I get it." Kuhn decided to leave after not hearing a comment from Yunjin. Yunjin back hugged him.

Please stay with me," Yunjin said. Kuhn smiled and turned her around. He kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly.


Okay okay. Yes I'm procrastinating again. I had a great idea for this one shot and just couldn't wait to write it! And yes, it is Seventeen's Scoups and Woozi. But honestly Woozi and Ailee would make a good couple. And there's Seuncheol: the greasy player >.< oh, he fell at MAMA. But luckily he was smart enough and jumped on another platform. Such a great leader.

But but but also Catch Me live is so good! And the camera works is that bad! My favorite song from their album is Dito!!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥ and yes, two updates in one night.