He's my husband?

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life.

Chapter 2 – He's my husband?

-------

 

 

“Everything needs to be ready by 6. Dinner must have different types of variant and must not have salted fish.” I overheard mum talking with our helper right before I go out to have breakfast before I’m off to school.

“Make sure you give Soomin the clothes and pants I choose for her. Don’t forget to put on make-up on her before 7 because she’s quite choosy.” She continued.

Is this for my wedding announcement later? Is it true what that spirit told me last night? So it wasn’t a dream at all? What. The. Actual. Heck.

I slowly walked into my kitchen acting like I don’t even know what they were talking about and pull a chair out to sit down with both my parents ready to eat our breakfast.

“Soomin, what time will you finish your class today?” My mum asked, acting all cool with her teeth shown so openly.

“I don’t know, maybe around 7.” I lied. Which kind of crazy student wants to stay in school for straight 12 hours?

Both of them were shocked as my father chocked on his water.

“I don’t think you’ve ever gone home that late right?” My father tried so hard to find out that wasn’t the truth.

“I’m just kidding. I wouldn’t stay in school for that long.” I laughed as they sigh in relieve.

“Good. But make sure to be home by 6, alright? We have something very important to tell you.” My mum said in all smiles.

Yeah, the important something that I am going to get married, I sure am prepared. Thanks, spirit.

---

 

Reaching school only takes me around 20 minutes and it is a hard for me to even be late for one lesson. No matter how hard I tried to be late, I will always come on time or if I’m unlucky, I’m the earliest.

Getting off the bus is such a hassle. People pushing people everywhere to make sure they get in class on time while I try to calm the heck out of myself telling that ‘I am going to be the earliest, so walk slowly’ to myself.

“Hi, Soomin.” A tall giant person appeared beside me. Not that he’s a giant but he is so tall, I couldn’t even look at him for so long if I don’t want to get neck strain.

“Hi, Chanyeol.” I greeted him back.

. Why are you standing so close to me? That perfume you’re using is so my type and you’re height is so my type and your voice is so my type. HOLY-MOTHER-OF-BOYFRIEND-MATERIAL PARK CHANYEOL YOU’RE MY TYPE.

“You’re always early.” He said as he showed me his wonderfully carved smile while I look like a horse learning to smile to human beings.

“I’m always early.” I smiled. To be honest, I don’t really talk to boys in my class, even though I have a crush on him, I rarely looked and stared at him. It makes me feel so awkward. Jeez, how the heck will I have a husband in the future?

“You are.” He smiled again. HOLY-MOTHER-OF-SMILES stop smiling will you?

“I heard you’re going to Jeju Island for our class trip too?” He asked me.

“Yes I’m going. Will you be going too?” Good, now he thinks I want him to go.

“Yes, me, Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai will be going. I don’t know about the rest.” He answered.

We stayed in front of the elevator, waiting for the lift to arrive. We’re schooling in a college by the way.

He let me in first before he went in. What a gentleman. Where is that spirit when I need him? Is Park Chanyeol my future husband? Please do so because having Big Bang Seung Ri as my husband is impossible.

“Right, good luck for our last paper this afternoon.” He patted my back as he leaves the escalator when it reached level 3 while I’ll have to wait for another floor to go to class.

---

 

Me and Seohyun decided to have an early lunch before we headed to the school hall for Math exam later on.

“Are you really leaving me alone to go to Jeju?” I pouted as I drink my soup.

“Jeez, you’re not alone alright. Hana, Eunna and Haru are going too.” Seohyun replied.

“You really can’t convince your parents to let you go? I swear to god I’ll tell them I won’t let you be near the guys and I will protect you.” I tried my best to convince her but she still won’t change her mind.

Seohyun has strict parents. She can’t go shopping. She can’t have a boyfriend. She can’t go to class excursion. I pity her.

“Sorry, babe. It’s not use.” Seohyun replied as she sips on her orange juice slowly.

 

 

Three hours passed and the final paper for the semester finally ended. Loud noises were everywhere coming from the students that were discussing their answer and there were a lot of sighing too. Like, the paper has ended and talking about your mistakes doesn’t change anything. Get over it, man.

 “You’ve done well for the paper.” I heard a familiar voice beside me.

I wanted to shout but I already know it is that spirit and if I do shout, people will think I’m crazy.

“I’ve worked hard for it.” I said it softly and moved my lips carefully so people won’t know I’m talking to myself, which I’m not.

“Are you ready for later?” He asked.

“For what?”

“For the announcement of your marriage, Soomin.” The spirit stopped walking as he stared at me like I owe him a living.

“Bro…” My jaw dropped.

“Did you forget about it already?” He shook his head.

“Your husband won’t be coming today, only his parents.”

“Do you know who my husband will be?” I asked.

The spirit laughed, “I don’t have that kind of power to tell you but I can guess.”

“Who is it then?”

“Well, you must follow me to a place. He is walking to his workplace right now.” He told me.

“He’s working already?! He’s not a student? He’s older than me?”

The spirit ignored me as he walks down the street to a clothing store and HOLY-MOTHER-OF-FUTURE-HUSBAND I saw Park Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol? Is that tall guy my future husband?” I carefully points Chanyeol to let the spirit knows who I am talking about.

“I can’t tell that but he doesn’t have that aura of being your husband.” The spirit turns his head to the side as he looked back at me.

“Is there anyone else you know working here?” He asked.

“I don’t even know this place existed.” I sighed.

Until then, I saw a familiar figure walking to the store and it’s Joohyuk aka my classmate.

---

 

 

 

If I can say I am dreaming right now, I would but no this doesn’t feel like a dream neither a nightmare. After I saw Joohyuk just now, I couldn’t find the spirit anywhere. It seems like the spirit disappears the moment Joohyuk appears.

“Soomin-uh, are you ready yet?” My house helper knocked on my door as I let her in.

“Ahjumma, am I getting married?” I asked her even though no one in the family told me yet.

She showed me her shocked face as she looked down.

“It seems like your answer is yes.” I sighed, lying down my bed.

“Soomin-uh, this is all for your own good and for your future too.” She told me.

“Why me? Aren’t I too young to get married? Does arranged marriage even exist in this generation?”

“How do you know you’re getting married?” She asked.

Now that she knew I know about me getting married, I believe that spirit fully already.

“Let’s go down. Your future mother and father in-law will be arriving any minute.” She stands up from my bed and takes my hand into hers.

 

 

Dinner was so quiet. What is this? Joseon generation or something? Why do I feel violated? Why do I feel like everything is changing for me? I don’t want to get married just yet.

“You have such a sweet face, Soomin.” Mr. Nam, aka my future father-in-law, said and all I could do is smile.

“Please understand why Soomin is like this. She is still in shock, I guess.” My mum said as she let out a smile and looked back at me.

“We’re fine. The next time we meet, I will bring Joohyuk with us.” Mrs. Nam answered.

I choked on my rice. Who? Who the did you say, Mrs. Nam? Joohyuk? My freaking classmate, Joohyuk? Joohyuk aka the tallest guy in my class? Now that I think of it, his surname is Nam and these two human sitting in front of me is Mr. and Mrs. Nam.

HOLY-MOTHER-OF-THE-NAM-CLAN.


“You know Nam Joohyuk right, Soomin?” Mr. Nam asked.

“He’s your classmate, if I’m not wrong.” He continued.

“Yeah…” I forced a smile.

That tall cute playboy is my future husband. What in the world is going on?

---

 

 

That night was so depressing. That night was so dark. That night was so cold. I took advantage to eat my whole tub of ice-cream that night while crying my heart out.

“SPIRIT SPIRIT WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!” I cried out loud while I scoop a tablespoon of ice-cream to myself.

“You called me?” He appeared, sitting in front of me.

UNGGGGGGGGGGGG.” I cried out loud and hugged the spirit so hard, I could choke him to death.

“Now you believe me?” He let me hugged him until I was satisfied.

“I DON’T WANT TO GET MARRIED.” I yelled.

“Let’s get out of here.” He holds me back and the moment I opened my eyes, we were standing in front of huge open sea.

“What the---“ My jaw dropped.

“Here you can shout all you want so I won’t be deaf.” He said and I took the chance to shout out loud.

“I DON’T WANT TO GET MARRIED TO JOOHYUK EVENTHOUGH I SWEAR HE’S THE CUTEST BUT GOD DAMN IT HE’S A FLIRT. HE LIKES GIRLS WHO ARE SHORT AND I AM TALL. HE LIKES GIRLS WHO ARE VERY CHEERFUL AND HAPPY AND I AM THE OPPOSITE. HE WILL NEVER LIKE ME. HE WILL HATE ME ONCE WE GET MARRIED.” I shouted and I felt like my leg is becoming like a jelly as I dropped down the sand, facing my face up to the night sky.

I sobbed.

“So your worry is that he will hate you and will not like you because you’re the opposite of his ideal type?” The spirit said and sat beside me.

I nodded.

“No wonder you said my future is darker than others. My future husband won’t even like me.” I cried.

---

 

A week past and it’s finally time for my class to go to Jeju Island. Yes. I’ve managed to get over the fact that I am getting married next week and I will try my best to enjoy myself all out. But I didn’t know that Joohyuk too is joining us. .