Joohyuk's upset

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

 Chapter 7 – Joohyuk’s upset.

---

 

There’s an absolute awkward silent going on between us three. After school, Mrs. Lee called me and Soomin to see her. She stood in front of us with her arms crossed.

“Soomin, I am very disappointed in you nowadays.” She started. Soomin looked down with both her hands at the back.

“Is this how you going to behave? I know you guys are living together but that doesn’t mean you have the night all by yourself. You still have to sleep early.” Mrs. Lee said and I rolled my eyes.

“It’s just that my volume wasn’t and I thought it was still dark outside because the curtain in my room is light-proof.” Soomin explained herself.

“Try telling that reason to your future employer and you’re going to get fired the next second. I do not know what punishment I shall give the both of you.” Mrs. Lee sighed and looked at both of us.

“At this rate, your classmate will know what’s going on with the two of you. It’s always the two of you that I’ve been calling these days.” She continued.

“Then maybe you don’t have to call us again in front of the class.” Soomin replied.

“What have you done to the good girl Soomin, Joohyuk?” Mrs. Lee turned her attention towards me.

Okay, what did she just say?

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Lee. You’ve promised our parents to keep this as a secret but you have been calling us a lot. At first, our classmate doesn’t suspect anything but now that you’ve been calling us, I’ve heard mine and Joohyuk’s name a lot in a sentence used by them.” Soomin fought back. Damn girl.

“Are you answering me back, Jung Soomin?” Oh oh, she looks pissed.

“You follow me now. Joohyuk, you better go back home.” Mrs. Lee points at me and asked Soomin to follow her. I grabbed Soomin’s wrist but she didn’t turn around.

“What are you doing now? Go back home I say!” Mrs. Lee faced back and shouted right at Soomin’s face as she looks at me.

---

 

This old er, what the hell is she doing? What in the world did I did wrong? Answering her back is wrong? Isn’t that what conversation is supposed to be like? Why is she being so petty, oh my god?

“Sit down.” She brought me to an empty class on level 5 and asked me to sit down.

I pulled the chair and took a sit as well as her.

“Do you have anything to say to me?” She asked.

What? You expect me to say sorry to you? Tsk, dream on.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Lee. I shouldn’t have said like that.” I did the opposite of what I wanted to do to maintain my 4 GPA. God, help me.

“Why did you keep coming late to class?” She asked again.

Did she hear what I said just 5 minutes ago? I need to buy her a cotton bud for her this teacher’s day.

“I didn’t turn on the volume on my phone and didn’t hear my alarm that I set.” I explained myself again.

Then, I saw the spirit at her back and he seems relaxed while reading his notebook.

“What can you do to make sure you’re not going to be late again?” She asked.

“Sleep early.” I answered short and sweet.

“That’s really not going to help.” She stood up and took her phone out from her pocket.

“The next time you’re going to be late, I am not going to think twice to call your parents and minus 10% of your marks for the next phase test.” She set the rules.

“Alright, I will not be late anymore.” I said and her phone rang.

“Yes?” She answered her phone.

“Free?” She said again then looked at me.

“Of course I am. See you around 5 minutes.” She smiled and faced me.

“I guess this will be your first detention after coming late for 2 times in a row. Follow me.” She exits the class and I followed her.

What? Is she doing a school tour with me right now? Where in the world is she bringing me to next?

“You must be close with the fashion students, am I right?” She asked while we walk towards the design school block.

“What?” I furrowed my eyebrow and she looked at me.

“Am I wrong?” She asked.

“If there’s any girls I could avoid, I would avoid them. Please tell me you’re not bringing me to them.” I begged.

“Life is full of wonders, aren’t they? I want you to help them with clearing the stage for their upcoming project. Their lecturer asked me for help.” She explained.

“How does a fashion lecturer related to an engineering lecturer?” I blew a raspberry and she chuckled.

“We’re best friends. Hurry up.” She ordered and the next minute I know, I’m standing in front of group of girls doing their own work.

“Here’s my student that can help you with the work you need to do.” Mrs. Lee said, pushing me forward.

“Hi, motherers…” I whispered.

“Thanks for your help. You can help to lay out the red carpet and make sure it’s aligned with the lines. Then, I’ll need you to brush away the lint on the carpet, making sure that its bright red as if no one has ever stepped on it before.” The lecturer puts her hands on my shoulder and orders me around.

“What course are you in?” She asked.

“Facility design.” I answered.

“Amazing!” She beamed, “You can help sort out the lightings too and make sure everything is shine brightly.” She points towards the ceiling.

It’s already bright. How bright do you want, cake face?

“Alright, Soomin. As a punishment, I’ll make you do this. Make sure to come to school early tomorrow or else you might have a second day at this job.” Mrs. Lee said and the two best friends walked off.

“Am I a maid or something?” I sighed and bend over to take the red carpet that was rolled.

“What the has my course got to do with this? This is slavery, man. I can complain to the headmaster and these motherers cannot do anything about it.” I talked to myself and when I stood back up straight, holding the carpet, the spirit stood in front of me.

“Remember what I said yesterday?” He laughed.

“I can’t believe what my eyes are seeing. A good girl with 4 GPA from first year till now is here doing her first ever detention.” He shook his head. I knocked his head with my knuckle and he hissed in pain.

“If you’re not going to help me, you better keep your mouth shut.” I rolled my eyes and began to lay out the carpet.

This is one long carpet. How long are the models going to walk? Till they can’t feel like legs anymore?

“According to my record, you will get to know someone new in 3, 2 and 1.” The spirit said then disappears.

“Hi there.” A person with a lady voice said.

I ignored her, pretending I didn’t hear her. She tapped on my shoulder, not gently but hard enough to wake a dead person up.

“Hi.” I face the person and she smiles.

“I’m Dahae.” She reached her hands out.

I’m here to do my work, not to make new friends. Urgh, I hate these girls.

“Soona.” I lied.

“I would love it if you could do it faster because you know all of us are going back in 20 minutes time and we have to finish this by tomorrow morning. We still have a lot of things to do.” She ordered.

“Well, that’s your responsibility.” I fought back. Okay, when did I get so brave?

She chuckled and crossed her arms, “Then since you’re here, you should help us. Don’t even think about wasting time anymore. Finish everything in 15 minutes and get lost.” She said.

What is this ?

“You shouldn’t have said hi to me. That’s 3 minutes wasted thanks to you.” I answered back and put on my earpiece with my song turn out loud enough that I can’t even hear them talking.

them.

---

 

“Should I go to her?” I paced around in front of the school pond.

“Should I not go to her?”

“Should I find her?”

“Should I not find her?”

“What should I do?”

“This is none of your problem. You can go back. Okay, let’s go back, Joohyuk.” The devil inside me told me.

“You sure you can, Joohyuk? No matter how arranged and how you don’t like her, she’s still your wife. Remember when you were told to take care of her every time?” Then the angel popped out.

“Wife? Oh my god, white wings, you must be kidding. Joohyuk doesn’t even like her. Why should he go and help her? Take care of her every time? She’s already an adult. She can take care of herself.” The devil laughed.

“Shut up, ugly red wings! You’re just jealous that you don’t have anyone that takes care of you. Joohyuk, you should listen to me and go to her.” The angel said with a soft voice.

“Why do I agree with the both of you?” I talked to myself.

“That’s why you should go home. Remember, this is just an arranged marriage. You don’t really have to get involved in her life. She can deal everything herself.” The devil said.

“You’re right, it’s just an arranged marriage. Why I am so concerned about her?” I stood up but then the angel popped out again.

“If you’re a good friend, you would go to her and helped her.” She said.

“You guys are driving me crazy!” I ruffled my hair and sat back down.

“This is none of your business, Joohyuk. Just go back home. What is so hard about that?” I sighed and my phone rang.

“02-9898-0293? Who in the world is this?” I stared at my phone for a while until the numbers gone.

“This better not be that Lydia Jisoo is talking about.” I put my phone on silent and stood up back.

“Why didn’t you answer your phone?” A lady’s voice was heard behind me.

Pray to god and ask him to save you from ghost, Joohyuk. Its evening and this is when all the ghost comes out.

“Joohyuk.” She called my name gently.

“God, save me from this desperate female ghost.” I put my hands together and closed my eyes, hoping she would not call my name again.

“Why did you close your eyes?” She asked and now it seems closer. I peek and shouted.

“!” I ran as fast as I can until I reach the school bus stop.

What the heck did I just saw? Why were her face so white and her lips so red? Her hair is so long and straight and her eyes are so big, it’s like the biggest rock is stuck in her eyes.

“I swear I didn’t do anything to deserve this, god. I can’t see ghost when I was young and I wish I could remain that way.” I took a deep breath and stop the bus I’m taking and board it.

I swear that’s scary.

Okay, after all that, I still can’t forget about Soomin. Where in the world is she now?

I gather up my courage and call her but she didn’t pick up.

“Why did I turn into a jelly whenever it’s Soomin I’m talking about?” I sighed and ride the bus back home.

Reached home, I press the password and enter the cold, quiet and empty house.

“How nice would it be if I have kids to welcome me home?” I said to myself and then I realized what I was wishing for. I slapped my cheeks hard to face the reality.

“Get yourself together, Joohyuk. You’re crazy.” I shook my head and head off to my room. Remembering how messy and chaos just now morning was, Soomin’s room is in a mess.

“This is the chance to put the ring on her vanity table and write a note so if she knocks on your door, you’ll just have to pretend sleeping and not answer her, because it’s embarrassing to have to explain to her.” I smiled to myself and rush to my room to get the ring.

“This is a present from my parents, not me *smiley face*.” I wrote on a post-it and paste it on her mirror.

“Damn, I seem like a cool guy.” I winked at myself on her mirror and close her door.

---

 

The hall became silent or is it because my music is too loud?

I finished off my work which is aligning the carpet to the assigned line and arranging the chairs. It was a bittersweet success. I pray to god that I will never do this kind of things again. Please hear my prayer, dear god.

“Thank you for your help, girl.” Their lecturer came over to me and I brush the dirt off my skirt.

“Can I go back now?” I asked.

“Sure, if there’s anything that we need help with, I’ll call you again.” She smiled.

Is she stupid or is she stupid?

“I’m a student of this school. Not a slave to this class.” I walked away, taking my bag that was on floor and put my earpiece and turn my songs loud.

“They think they’re the popular girls in this school, they can order around people like that?” I rolled my eyes and walked to the bus stop.

The sun already set and it’s dark outside. This is the first time after what felt like forever that I’m outside house in this timing. Usually in the evening, I would be in my house, eating ice-cream and watching television.

What a bad day.

“So, how are you?” The spirit appeared beside me.

“Can you make my life back to normal? I prefer being alone and live with my nosy parents than have to deal with all these stupid s.” I looked at him.

“I wished I could but life is a mystery. You never know what going to happen to you.” He answered.

“When is my misery going to end?” I asked, dragging both my legs and words.

“Not anytime soon. I told you this is just the beginning of 3 levels.” He replied.

“What if I kill myself and die?” I asked him.

“People who kill themselves and die, always suffers more compared to when they’re living on earth. Death will come to you when it’s your time. No matter how hard you want to kill yourself right now, your report doesn’t show death any time soon.” He said, facing me.

I sat down on the bus stop sit and sighed.

“I can deal with anything but those girls. It makes my blood boils so bad.” I let out my feelings.

“I’m sorry to say that they’re part of your life now. Your bus is coming in 4 seconds. Don’t forget to tap in before sitting.” Then, he disappeared.

I wish I could disappear from my life like he does. I should do a volunteer work and die while at it so I can become a guardian just like him.

“Miss, tap your card!” I heard the driver shout and I realized it was me he’s shouting to.

“Sorry.”

Damn, why does everything he said is true?

 

After a draggy day in school, I finally see the light of my life. I can hear my bed calling for me. I can hear the refreshing hot bath waiting for me. If only I could teleport right now, I would have been laying down on my bed right this moment.

I quickly keyed in the password of the apartment and stepped inside the house. Damn, this look like heaven to me.

I stepped into the kitchen to grab my bottled green juice and off I go to my room. It was pitch black and hot. I the air-conditioner and put my bottled green juice aside while I strip off this hot uniform and put on something comfortable.

“I took you guys for granted.” I cried and hugged my fluffy bears but without wasting any more time I went to take a hot bath, soaking myself with the calming lavender bubble bath I bought myself. Damn, adult life. Everything you want, you’ll have to use your own money.

---

 

“She’s home. She’s home!” I tossed and turn on my bed under my blanket. I turned every light and sound off in my room so that Soomin will think I’m sleeping then she will not knock on my door and ask about the ring.

“Why does she seem normal? Didn’t she look at her table yet?” I push the hot blanket off me and went near the door to listen to her reaction but all I heard was water running.

“Is she taking a shower?” I asked myself and walked back to my bed. I my Xbox and start killing time by playing my last saved game.

It’s already 20 minutes and I still hear nothing from Soomin.

“Is she dead inside the bathroom or something?” I take a look and pull my door open to peek outside and at the same time, Soomin open the door of the bathroom and step outside.

“, that was close.” I quickly close back the door quietly and wait for Soomin to begin knocking on my door asking about that ring.

“Anytime soon now.”

---

 

“What’s this?” I walked to my vanity table and saw a post-it pasted on my mirror. This mirror is expensive, Joohyuk!

“This is a present from my parents, not me.” I read the note and open the black chic-looking box.

It’s a ring inside, with a small diamond prettily placed on top of the silver ring.

Wow, how much will I get if I sell this?

“Joohyuk, you think I’m expecting something from you? Even without this note, I knew it wasn’t from you.” I chuckled and put both the ring box and note inside my cupboard.

Then, it is finally time for some 2 days 1 night and a healthy bottled green juice.

You think my life is in peace right now? Nope. My phone rang and it was from Hana.

“What do you want?” I answered her call with the least reaction I had.

Did you hear about the fashion girls scouting male students around the school for the year-end project?”

I’m not interested.”

One of the girls scouted 2 of our classmates!”

Ya Kang Hana, since when did you became so busybody? I thought you hated those girls so much.”

I heard that they scouted Chanyeol and Joohyuk to be their models. But we still do not know whether they agreed on being their models or not.”

I swear this girl purposely ignored what I said.

“And how is that related to us?”

Just updating you. Oh by the way, tomorrow class is cancelled. I just got a call from Mrs. Lee. She said that she has something urgent to attend to and there’s no other lecturer to take over our class.”

Okay, that is the kind of update I want to hear.” I smiled and lay back down on my back.

If you’re bored at home or something, let’s go out!”

I’ll see. I want to catch up on some sleep. I’m tired. Thanks for the useful update, Miss. Kang. See you the day after tomorrow.” I hung up the phone and get my laptop ready for my favorite show and to drink some green juice. At least, I’m trying to be healthy and not eat my ice-cream even though I want it so badly.

“Joohyuk?” I paused my show and took a sip of my juice.

“In which angle does he look like a model? Okay I admit he’s pretty cute and tall but him being a model?” I laughed but then I heard Joohyuk knocking on my door. What a damn spoiler.

“Soomin.”

I sighed and went over to open the door, “What?”

“We do not have class tomorrow.” He said.

Is he for real? I know it, bro. I know it. I’m inside the class group chat too and Hana just told me.

“I know…” I answered, dragging my words and kept looking at him if he wants to say anything more.

“Can I disturb you for a while?” He asked but before I could reply, he pushed my door and sat on my bed.

“Sit down here.” He patted my bed, asking me to sit beside him.

“What do you want?” I crossed my arms and stared at him while standing in front of him.

Ah, this must be about the modeling thing.

“I want to talk to you about something.” He pulled my arm and made me sit beside him.

“That ring…” He started.

“Mr. Nam Joohyuk, about the ring, yes, I know it’s not from you. It’s from your parents. I appreciate it.” I answered him.

“Okay then I need your opinion about something.” He continued.

Okay, here it goes. Why does he needs to have my opinion though? Oh my gosh, this is so crazy.

“My friend got scouted by the fashion students to be their model and he asked me whether or not he should agree? He feels uncomfortable but then he has this passion about modeling and fashion.” He said.

I chuckled. If you can’t hear me right now, I am laughing out loud. Does he think he’s in a drama or something?

“Stop lying, bro. I know you’re talking about yourself.” I said and his eyes went wide, “Why do you have to ask for my opinion? If you have the passion about the fashion world, just go for it. Why even ask me about it?” I continued.

“You knew?” He asked.

“Why shouldn’t I?” I answered and play the show on my laptop back.

“Right? Why should I even ask for your opinion?” He hissed and stood up.

“Turn off the lights before you leave. Thank you. And good luck being a model.” I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes.

“Jung Soomin, Jung Soomin, Jung Soomin…” I heard the spirit’s voice and he appeared in front of him, shaking his head.

“Why did you hurt his feelings?” He asked.

“I hurt his feelings? Excuse me spirit, what in the world did I did that I hurt his feelings?” I asked him back, fighting for my right.

“You should have supported him even if it’s just a percent. How can you say why he needs your opinion?” He poked my cheeks.

“I supported him okay. I said good luck being a model.” I replied.

“First rules to be a couple are to support each other and listen to each other’s stories. Not telling them that they do not need your opinion.” He crossed his arms.

“Couple? Are you kidding me? I don’t even like him. And for your info, spirit, this is just an arranged marriage. He won’t mind me saying that to him. He won’t even like me anyway.” I said.

“This is why my senior told me that female humans are very much harder to deal with compared to male humans. Remember when you found out you’re going to get married to Joohyuk and you were crying your heart out in front of the beach telling me that he won’t even like you?”

“I DON’T WANT TO GET MARRIED TO JOOHYUK EVENTHOUGH I SWEAR HE’S THE CUTEST BUT GOD DAMN IT HE’S A FLIRT. HE LIKES GIRLS WHO ARE SHORT AND I AM TALL. HE LIKES GIRLS WHO ARE VERY CHEERFUL AND HAPPY AND I AM THE OPPOSITE. HE WILL NEVER LIKE ME. HE WILL HATE ME ONCE WE GET MARRIED.”

“So your worry is that he will hate you and will not like you because you’re the opposite of his ideal type?”

“No wonder you said my future is darker than others. My future husband won’t even like me.”

 

It felt like a video is played in front of me and disappeared when the spirit clicked his fingers. Did I really look that desperate and horrible?

“Does he look like he hates you now that you guys are married?” He asked, looking at me.

I shook my head, facing down.

“See? Joohyuk wants to get close to you but you keep pushing him away.” He added.

“When did he even try to get close to me?” I furrowed my eyebrow and hugged my teddy bear.

“He called you twice just now and you didn’t answer. He pulled your arms and made you sat beside him to ask for your opinion but you literally ignored him. He made an effort to put a smiley face on the note but you didn’t notice it. He made an effort to come to your room even though you’re in the group chat just to spend more time with you.” He stated.

“Now tell me, is he the one who hates you or you’re the one who hates him?”

Damn, it felt like someone picked up a gun and shoot it right at my heart. This is unreal.

All I wanted to do tonight is watch 2 days 1 night and drink my juice. Not to deal with this crazy drama s.

“I don’t know. Get out. I want to sleep.” I closed my laptop and put it away on my nightstand and pull my blanket over me and closed my eyes.

“I nearly fell into the spirit trap.”

---

 

Finally a day of freedom came upon us and I woke up at 8 in the morning when I heard the doorbell.

“Who in the world would come early in the morning?” I put on my shirt and dragged my lazy at the door to see whose outside.

Jisoo. This little face. What does he want early in the morning?

“What do you think you’re doing?” I opened the door for him and he rushed inside the apartment.

“I slept early last night and when I woke up and gotten ready to board the bus to school, I checked my phone and read the group chat then I found out class was canceled. So, I made my way here.” Jisoo answered, smiling so brightly as if he did nothing wrong.

“Can you be matured for a day? How can you barge into someone’s house this early morning?” I said and closed the door.

“Someone’s house? You’re my brother!” He put his arms over my shoulder then pinches his nose.

“You should go and clean yourself first. You smell horrible.” He pretended to throw up.

“Just to remind you, there’s a lady living here so be mindful.” I reminded him and went to wash up.

After washing up, I smelled food at the kitchen and sure it is, Jisoo cooking something. Sometimes I think to myself that if Jisoo was a girl, I would have asked him to be my girlfriend but now, I’m glad he’s a dude.

“Bro, come here and eat. Why do you guys have so much uncooked food and side dishes in the fridge? Didn’t she cook anything for you before?” He asked, stirring his stew.

“Shut up, she could be listening to you right now.” I shut his mouth with my hands and asked him to quiet down.

“How can you cook at people’s house without permission?” I took a spoon and taste the soup.

It tasted so amazing.

“Ya, this is so good.” I showed him a thumbs up and he beamed in excitement.

“You should be a chef.” I added and he went to fry an egg.

“Why have you guys been coming to class late huh? What did you guys did every night?” He asked, laughing.

I kicked his and oil splattered on his arm.

“YA!” He shouted.

“Can you please keep your volume down? At this rate, she’s going to hate me for allowing you in our house every time.” I told him and he shut his mouth.

“What is the reason you’re here?” I asked him and scoop a bowl of rice.

“I want to ask you more about the modeling thing.” He answered and turned off the stove.

“You could have just asked me over phone.” I said and a spoonful of rice flew inside my mouth. It felt good to have some hot food in the morning.

“I was bored. Tell me everything about it. Have you made up your mind?” He asked and took a sit beside me on the kitchen bar counter.

“Before I answer your question, can you tell me whether this number is that Lydia’s number or something?” I showed him my phone and he nodded.

“She called you? But why is it missed call? You didn’t answer her call?” Jisoo asked again and fed himself a spoonful of rice followed by the fried egg.

“I think she called me and I didn’t answer then she appeared in front of me and I ran off because I thought she was a desperate female ghost calling out for male humans because she looks so white and pale but her lips are so red and her eyes are so wide.” I explained myself.

Jisoo laughed his guts out and choke on his rice.

“A desperate female ghost calling out for male humans?” He repeated what I said and he laughed again.

“Jeez, shut up will you?” I rolled my eyes and took a sip of the bean paste stew.

“She would be so damn heartbroken if she hears you said that.” He laughed again.

“I swear if you’re me, you’re going to do the same.”

“Okay, let’s make that our own joke from now own.” He laughed and added, “So do you want to be the desperate female ghost’s model?”

“What do you think?” I asked him back.

“I think it would be an interesting combination of you and her.” He replied and faced me.

“Did Soomin know about this already?” He whispered.

I nodded and sighed, stuffing my mouth with the food.

“What did she say?” He asked, looking curious.

“Why do you have to ask for my opinion? If you have the passion about the fashion world, just go for it. Why even ask me about it?” I repeated what she answered me to Jisoo.

“Wow, she’s strong. She doesn’t even care that her husband is going to be a model.” He giggled and took a sip of iced tea.

“Shut up.” I slapped his back.

“I think you should go out there and challenge yourself. It’s a good opportunity. Just remember that the next time Lydia approached you, don’t run away. She’s not a desperate female ghost.” He advised and laughed.

---

 

“Stomach, I know you’re hungry and you can smell food right now but please be patient and hold yourself for the next hours until I hear nothing at the living room. This is so embarrassing.” I talked to myself and hide in my bedroom even though I want to use the bathroom so bad.

“Why is Jisoo coming here so often? Is this his house or something?” I hissed and convinced myself that I do not need the toilet right now.

After what the spirit told me yesterday, it hit me that I should not be so mean to him. Joohyuk did nothing wrong and I am the one who should be more gentle towards him.

But wasn’t I always gentle to him? This is driving me crazy from last night!

Urghhhhh I cannot take it anymore. I open my room door and rushed into the bathroom like a lightning, in hoping none of them saw me. After being able to do my business, I slowly swing the door open and slide myself into my room without making any noise but failed when Jisoo called my name.

“Soomin, come here and join us.” He turned back and asked to join them.

“It’s okay, you guys can enjoy it first.” I tried to smile.

“Hey, you should eat early in the morning. I can hear your stomach growling from here.” He laughed and even though I can see he’s lying, it felt real for a second.

I walked over to them and looked at Joohyuk who is slurping away the stew.

“I’ve cooked enough rice, fried eggs and bean paste stew for the two of you today. Sit down here.” He pulls out a chair beside him and I sat down.

“Thank you for the food.” I said and begin to dig in. It felt like mum just came by and cooked this scrumptious breakfast.

“One of Joohyuk’s favorite meals is bean paste stew. He likes anything that is stewed so make sure to cook for him more of that.” Jisoo said and added, “He also likes the egg yolk half cooked. Fully cooked egg yolk doesn’t taste nice to him.”

Joohyuk elbowed him and I smiled, nodding my head to Jisoo.

They should just get married. Jisoo can replace me anytime and I am happy to do that.

“Oh, I see that you have a lot of side dishes. Did you make or your parents send it over to you guys?” Jisoo asked, turning his head left and right, looking at me then Joohyuk and vice versa.

“Our neighbor gave it to us.” I replied since Joohyuk stayed silent.

Sighed, is he mad at me? Such a baby.

“Oh, usually neighbor gave only a little but there are literally a lot of side dishes. How I wish I can have a neighbor like them.” Jisoo laughed and ate a spoonful of rice and tofu on top.

“You can have some if you want to.” I told him and his eyes widened in excitement.

“Really? Yes, I could eat some ramen and rice with those. Damn, it would be so delicious.” He beamed.

This kid is strange.

After the awkward breakfast, I wash the dishes and the two of them went to play games in Joohyuk’s room.

“See?” The spirit appeared beside me while I was washing the dishes.

“What?” I focused on my washing, totally not looking at him.

“He’s mad at you.” He replied.

“Then?”

“Then? Oh my god this human. My dear Jung Soomin, how can you be so clueless? Go and ask him about the modeling thing.” He advised.

“You have been making me anxious from last night. I do not need to ask him about anything.” I finalized my words.

“Don’t fight your fate, Soomin. Joohyuk is part of your life now.” He added.

“Stop bothering me.” I said and turn off the water.

“Why is it so hard to just ask him about the modeling thing? It won’t make you lose your face or something.” He said.

“You said I am the decision maker in my life right and you’re here to guide me? So, I will make my decision later whether or not to ask him about that.” I make my way to my room and he’s already sitting on my bed, hugging my bear.

“You’re going out today?” He asked.

“Nope, I’m lazy.” I replied and jumped into my bed.

“You’re going out at noon so be prepared. Bye, human.” He did a little jump and disappears.

“I am not going anywhere.” I turn on my laptop and continue watching my favorite show and then my phone rang.

Can Hana not disturb me for once?

“What?”

Hey, you should be happy this morning that we didn’t have any class. Why are you what-ing me?”

I want to go back to sleep, what do you want? Don’t ask me to go out with you.”

How did you know? The girls all want to go out today.”

You guys go. I’m not going anywhere.”

 “YA JUNG SOOMIN! You better come out! We have never gone out together for a long time. You better come, I warn you. We’ll meet at noon at Central mall and the dress code for today is red so make sure you wear something red and not BLACK. If you don’t wear anything red, you’ll have to go around and ask for guys numbers and if you do not do that, we’ll have something special prepared for you.” She emphasized the word black because she knew I am going to wear black and that punishment though.

“Whatever.”

“AT NOON. WE’LL MEET AT CENTRAL MALL ENTRANCE. DRESS CODE RED. BYE, GIRL. SEE YOU LATER.”

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

---

 

“Ya, did the both of you fight or something? It hasn’t been a week since you guys got married and you guys already have gotten into a fight?” Jisoo asked me.

“We didn’t fight.” I replied.

“Then, why are you guys so quiet just now? You kept looking at your food and so does Soomin.” Jisoo put down the controller and faced me.

“Are you upset because she said like that to you? Because she doesn’t seem like she cares about you?” He asked again.

This little knows everything about me, I swear.

“Does it seem obvious?” I asked.

He laughed and shook his head, “I can read your mind, bro. Your face shows the whole world that you’re upset with her. Why? Do you like her already?”

“I don’t know, man. It’s so hard for me to even understand my own heart. I am not this kind of person but why did I get upset at her for not wanting to know about my life?” I faced him, spilling all my feelings out.

“I can help you on that.” Jisoo replied.

“How?”

“First, you’re slowly starting to like her. Second, you like her. Third, you like her very much.” He laughed.

“That’s not helping.” I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, I’ll be serious. You’re starting to like her and it upsets you because you’re trying to get close to her but she doesn’t seem to care.” Jisoo said.

“Maybe she hasn’t open up fully to you yet. Come on, try to stand at her perspective view. Both of you guys didn’t talk to each other before in class for the two years we’re together. Then suddenly, you guys were arranged to get married. And she is that kind of girl who doesn’t mix around with guys a lot so we can totally see that it’s hard for her to open up to you. If you really like her, give her time and let her come to you herself. The more you force yourself to go to her, the more she wouldn’t like you. Girls don’t like when boys force them things they don’t like.” Jisoo advised. He sounded like a counselor for a minute.

“I told her that we wouldn’t be a couple anyway when we got married but when I started living together with her, I think my feelings…” I stopped and looked at Jisoo.

“I cannot like her.” I said.

Jisoo mouth opened wide and asked me why.

“Because I said that we wouldn’t be a couple and she agreed.”

“Ya, you’re such a fool. No one can predict the future and no one knows whether you guys will really be a couple. So, if you like her, there’s nothing wrong. Just don’t force her to do the same for now.” He said.

“You can be a full-time engineer, part-time chef and part-time relationship counselor.” I slapped his back and we start to play the game.

“I couldn’t believe the time has come that my best friend is falling in love.” Jisoo laughed.

Falling in love? Haha, I must be crazy.

---

 

It’s an hour to noon and I am here contemplating whether or not I should go out with the girls or make an excuse that my mum needs my help to go for her ‘appointment’ or something.

“You’re still going to go out so get ready. And, Joohyuk will be going out with Jisoo also so better talk to him before leaving.” I heard the spirit but he’s nowhere to be found.

I officially hate my life.

“Red dress code? I don’t even own anything red right now.” I sighed, looking at my own wardrobe which is full of black.

“You can always ask for help to Joohyuk aka your husband. He has lots of red sweater in his wardrobe.” He appeared beside me, holding a bottle.

“Are you crazy? He’s a guy. I don’t want to wear something that is too big for me.” I said and hoped that something red will magically popped out in my wardrobe.

“If you ask him, he will give you his old sweater which is a little small for him and it will fit you. Go on, human. If you don’t wear red, you’ll have to go around and ask for guys numbers.” He pushed me towards my door and I swing it open.

I knocked on Joohyuk’s door and waited for him to open. This is the first time I knocked on his door and it felt so weird. This is your life now, Soomin. Learn to appreciate it.

“Yes?” He opens the door and Jisoo is still inside playing games. Joohyuk stand at his door and looked at me.

“Can you help me with something?” I gulped.

I pull him to the living room and whispered as soft as I could.

“Do you have any red sweater you could borrow me? I’m going out with the girls and the dress code is red.” I explained even though I didn’t have to do that.

“You girls have dress code?” He laughed. This is why I shouldn’t even bother to ask him. I rolled my eyes and told myself that I will just stay at home.

“It’s okay if you don’t have.” I walked pass him.

“What if you don’t follow the dress code?” He asked.

How does he know about these things?

“It’s okay, I’ll just tell them that I won’t be going.” I said. It made me embarrass so bad.

I could hear Joohyuk chuckled and he went to his room as I went into mine.

The moment I wanted to text the girls that I’m not joining, Joohyuk open my door and pass me a black with red details sweater.

“Here you go, it should fit you.” He said, entering my room and giving me the sweater.

“Thanks.” I said and take the jacket but he didn’t budge from where he is standing.

“Yes?” I looked at him.

“Will anything happen between girls if you guys don’t follow your dress code?” He asked.

I pushed him to outside my room and before closing my door, I told him.

“If I don’t wear anything red, they will ask me to go around and ask for guys’ numbers which I absolutely hate.” I said and closed the door.

Phew, why is going out so hard for me?

----

 

The sun already set and I finally persuaded Jisoo to go home. Finally I have this house all by myself.

While trying to make myself some coffee, my phone rang and it was my mum. God, I’ve forgotten about my parents.

“Hi, mum.”

Hi, my sweetheart. How are you? Is everything going fine?”

Good. Everything’s fine.”

“If you don’t mind, we will come and visit this coming weekend.”

“Both of you?”

Of course, try not to make any plans alright. I really want to be with my son and daughter-in-law after a long time.”

Okay, mum. I’ll see you on Saturday then,” I said and hung up.

“Daughter-in-law?” I laughed and stirred my coffee.

“Is dad really going to inherit his company to me? I have no experience whatsoever in the business industries.”

Then, I heard the sound from the door and Soomin came back. She walked to the kitchen and the moment I turned around, she was wearing my sweater. Haha, she’s quite cute but okay I am still upset that she doesn’t want to get involved with my life. Sobs.

“You’re back.” I said and she smiled.

“Thanks for the sweater. I’ll wash it and give it to you soon.” She said, grabbing a bottle of iced tea.

“You can have it.” I told her and put down my coffee on the coffee table at the living room.

“Can we talk for a while after you change into much more comfortable clothes?” I asked and she nodded.

Minutes later, she came out with her oversized hoodie and pants, hugging her pink teddy bear.

“What is it about?” She asked, chugging down her drink.

“My parents are coming this weekend.” I told her. She stopped drinking and looked at me.

“They’re staying here or they’ll go back?” She asked.

“I don’t know. All that she told me is that they’re coming.” I shrugged my shoulder and took a sip of the hot coffee I made.

“Oh okay.” She dragged her words and then it was silence, awkward silence.

Soomin cleared and spoke up, “So, have you agreed to be a model?”

Is she really asking that? Like, for real?

“I haven’t given my answer yet.” I told her. Okay, I’m not upset anymore.

“Why? You should try and be a model.” She said, nodding her head.

“You think so too? I mean this isn’t a big deal because I’m just helping the fashion student for their final year project.” I explained.

“Lydia is the one who wanted you to be her model, am I right?” She asked.

“How did you know?”

“The girls, they told me about who scouted you and Chanyeol. You should definitely go and be her model. I’m sure she’s going to make you nice clothes.” She giggled.

“I heard Lydia is nice too so I don’t think there will be a problem.” She added on.

“Thanks for your opinion, Soomin. I’m glad you asked me to accept the challenge.” I said sincerely and looked at her.

“Umm, about your parents.” She changes topic, “should I know anything about them?”

“Not really. I think they will just ask how life is and give some old advice and tell old grandmother stories. If mum’s hardworking and not lazy, she will ask you to learn cooking from her.” I said and she nodded.

“I think that’s it. I’ll see you tomorrow then. Have a good rest.” I stood up and bring my coffee inside my bedroom and so does Soomin.

Phew, I’m glad today ends with a good note.

---

“See?” The spirit appeared while I was putting on night cream on my face.

“Can you stop it with your see? It’s annoying.” I said, glaring at him.

“Today isn’t a bad day afterall.” He smiled and stand behind me.

“Sometimes in relationship, you’ll have to give and take. Not to be ego all the time.” He said, poking my cheeks.

“I’m not even in a relationship with him.” I said and the spirit laughed.

“Not in a relationship with him? Then what’s this?” He grabbed my necklace and shows me the ring that is the pendent.

“It’s-“ I wanted to finished my sentence but the spirit cut me off.

“It’s arranged marriage?” He laughed, shaking his head.

“Jung Soomin, whether or not it’s arranged marriage or not arranged marriage, you’re destined to be with Joohyuk so accept the fact and stop saying it’s arranged marriage.” He said.

“I’m destined to be with Joohyuk no matter what?” I asked him, scrunching my nose.

“Yes. If your life is a different storyline from this, you’ll still meet Joohyuk and fall in love and get married. It’s just that this storyline of your life is you get married then fall in love.” He answered.

“Okay stop. I don’t wish to know more.” I closed his mouth with my palm and walked back to my bed.

“I think I’ve done my job for today so I’ll see you when I’ll see you. Goodnight, human.” He did a little jump and disappears.

“Life is so crazy.”