Spirit is acting weird

3 Signs : You have a bad life.

3 signs you have a bad life

 Chapter 8 – Spirit is acting weird

---

3 years ago…

 

“I can’t believe I am in the same class as you again.” I exhale when both of us enter the class that we were assigned to.

“Do you remember my goals for these 3 years, bro?” Jisoo elbowed me with his smile.

“To find your dream girl and be her boyfriend?” I said and shook my head.

“We’re here to study, not to find girl, you face.” With my knuckle, I knuckled his head hard enough that it left a red mark.

After we waited for the teacher to come for 15 minutes, she finally came with a file on her hands.

“Hi, my dear students. I will be your main lecturer for these 3 years and I’ll make sure that every single one of you will graduate with flying unicorn colors.

“Now for our first ever attendance taking, stand up when I call your name and share something about yourself to the class.” She told as she open the class file.

Time went by and everyone’s self-introduction was boring until Mrs. Lee called one girl’s name.

“Jung Soomin.” Mrs. Lee called out and a girl that sat right at the back with her friend, stood up and everyone turned around to look at her, including me.

“I’m Jung Soomin.” She said and stayed silent afterwards.

“Alright, do some self-introduction remember?” Mrs. Lee reminded her and she just looked around the class with her straight face that looks expressionless.

“There’s nothing much to know.” She said then sat back down.

Everyone chuckled and Jisoo elbowed me, “Damn, that girl has no expression at all.”

“How is she going to have friends if that was the first she said with her classmates?” Jisoo added again but I ignored him.

It may not look like anything but I find girls who’s quiet and doesn’t mix around with other people attractive.

“Are you listening to me?” Jisoo snapped his finger and I hissed at him.

“Don’t say like that about her.” I stopped him and he chuckled.

 

Few months went by and Soomin looks like she’s already beginning to mix around with the girls. The guys have been talking about Soomin like how arrogant she looks but still very attractive to them.

“I walked by Soomin just now but she just walked past me without smiling.” Kai said over lunch.

“Why is it so hard for her to smile? See, she can smile with the girls but why can’t she smile to me?!” Sehun added, looking all annoyed.

What’s up with all these guys? If they have courage and balls, they would be the one approaching Soomin and smiling at her, not to expect the vice versa.

I didn’t want to hear anything about Soomin anymore and I quickly take my lunch tray and put it at the return counter, followed by Jisoo.

“Bro, you’re okay?” He asked me as we walked back to the classroom.

“What’s up with the guys? I mean why must they say those kind of things about Soomin?” I shook my head and chugs down my water.

“What kind of things they said?” Jisoo was confused, “They only said why it is hard for her to smile at them.”

“Oh…” Jisoo stopped in front of me and gave me his annoying smile.

“Do you like her?” He laughed and I shoved him away from me.

“Shut up.” I said but he repeated again.

“Nam Joohyuk like Jung Soomin! Nam Joohyuk likes Jung Soomin!” He jumped around like a kid and I couldn’t be bothered with that face.

I took the stairs up and saw Soomin at the other side of the walkway with the girls.

“That’s your crush!” Jisoo shouted, pointing towards the girls and 4 out of 6 girls, shouted back, “Who’s your crush?!”

“I swear I am going to kill your after class.” I murmured under my breath but Jisoo turned into a deaf ear.

“Joohyuk likes someone among you girls!” Jisoo shouted back and they went oh my god at the same time.

“Do you like Haru? Why does everyone likes you?” Eunna said and pushes Haru slightly. Haru looks at me with her cheeks painted pale pink but I walked past her and since Soomin was behind her, I felt like my heartbeat stopped beating for a while when I stood beside Soomin but of course I need to maintain my manly image and walk back into class like nothing happened.

“How does it feel walking beside your crush huh, Joohyuk?” Jisoo poke my cheeks and I grabbed his wrist real hard, “You better stop before I break your wrist into half.”

“Wow, scary.” Jisoo pulled away from my grab and sat down beside me.

 

Class ended for the day and after Mrs. Lee dismisses us, Eunna, and Hana stood in front of my table.

“Who do you like? We can help you to get her.” Eunna said as she leans towards me.

“Mind your own business.” I told her and glance towards Soomin who were heading out the class with Seohyun.

Slowly, I walked behind both of them to see which bus stop Soomin takes to go home but before I could see what bus she took, someone called me.

“Joohyuk!” It was my twin, Nam Joohyun.

---

Present day…

 

“Joohyuk, why aren’t you answering my question?” Mrs. Lee raised her voice and I snapped out from my daydream.

“Yes, you were saying?” I sat up straight and look at her but all she gave me was a glare and her crossed arms.

“Why aren’t you focusing?” She questioned.

“Nothing, I was sleepy but I’m okay now.” I gulped and she point at the whiteboard.

“Answer me this question.” She said and Jisoo whispered the answer to me.

 

 

Class ended for the day and I told Jisoo what I was daydreaming about in Mrs. Lee lesson.

“Bro, I dreamt of Joohyun just now.” I told him and he seems surprised.

“Joohyun? What happened in that dream?” He questioned back sounding curious.

“I was watching Soomin from afar and I heard he called me but when I wanted to turn around to see him, Mrs. Lee called my name.” I said, letting out a long sigh.

“Hasn’t it been a long time since you dreamt about him?” Jisoo asked, leaning closer to me.

I nod and take my phone out of my pocket.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m going somewhere. Do you want to follow or do you want to follow?” I asked and his lips turn into a smile.

“That sounds like I need to follow!”

---

 

“Soomin, I noticed that you have not been taking the bus that you always take going home.” Eunna pointed it out and the girls agreed.

“Oh, most of the times I walked down the street to go to store.” I lied making sure it wasn’t obvious.

“Alright, so are we still going out tomorrow? It’s Saturday!” Eunna beamed in excitement so as the girls but i acted the opposite.

“I don’t think I can follow you girls.” I said and they asked why.

“I have something tomorrow with my parents.” I made a common lie and they seem to believe it.

“Why is it so hard to bring you out?” Eunna commented unnecessary as 6 of us parted our way.

“Why does she have to comment on everything I do?” I let out a long sigh and put on my earpiece as I walked down the road back home.

Right at the moment I wanted to play the song in my playlist, someone called me and it’s my manager from my long-forgotten part-time work.

“Hi, Manager Kim.” I answered the call and already knew he wanted to me work tonight.

Are you free now? We are lacking of staffs and we’ll have 3 reservations later on. I really need your help.” He asked for help, sounding so desperate.

“I’ll double your pay for tonight.” He added on and of course, who doesn’t want double pay? Duh.

“Alright, I’ll come in 30 minutes time.” I said and he thanked me a lot of time.

Alright, see you later.” He hung up the call and I stopped walking.

“It’s okay, Soomin. Working for 6 hours won’t hurt you. Let’s do this!” And off I go to my workplace after a long time been gone.

---

 

“Umm… what are we doing here?” Jisoo blinked his eyes numerous times.

“Joohyun told me before he passed away that he bought me souvenir from Vietnam.” I answered him with a huge smile on my face, wondering what he got me.

“But why of all place, he puts it in an arcade locker?” Jisoo was confused and I took out a key that Joohyun gave me and decide to unlock it.

“I don’t know what’s it going to be but I hope that boy won’t disappoint me.” Then, I swung the door open and it was empty.

“I can’t believe he pranked you even on his last days. Man, I miss Joohyun.” Jisoo laughed so hard, it doesn’t seem like he will stop anytime.

I walked away from Jisoo and he followed me, “Hey, I’m sure he left something for you and that you’ll have to find it yourself.” He said and that made me think of home.

“But why all of a sudden you want to find the souvenir now? Why not 7 months ago?” Jisoo asked and of course the reason is because I am not ready to hear or see anything related to my younger twin right after he passed on.

I waited for the moment to find the souvenir and I think now is the right time.

“Where could it be?” I asked myself and Jisoo stopped me by putting his hands on my shoulder.

“Go and check at your twin’s bedroom. I bet your parents couldn’t throw anything away yet.” He suggested.

What a great friend indeed.

 

Just as what Jisoo suggested, I went back home and luckily my parents were not home. I make my way to Joohyun’s room together with Jisoo beside me.

“It seems like I really want that souvenir. Why did I even bother to find it?” It hit me when I realized I was working too hard to find that souvenir. I swear it meant nothing to me but I suddenly had the urge to find it when I daydreamt of him just now. Something just told me to find it.

“Bro, you’re not that kind of person. I’m sure there’s a reason why you’re suddenly looking for it.” Jisoo comforted me and began his search in Joohyun’s wardrobe.

“I’ll search his wardrobe and maybe you can search his drawer.” Following Jisoo’s order, I went over to search carefully anything that has my name on it.

“Do you remember what Joohyun told you about his present for you? Like is it in a box?” Jisoo asked a question that I did not expect.

“He just said it’s a present slash souvenir from Vietnam.” I told him and then the door room opened.

“Joohyuk?” It was my mum.

After the awkward meeting in Joohyuk’s room with my mum, she made me and Jisoo a cup of hot chocolate and made us sit with her.

“So, what were you doing in Joohyun’s room?” She asked.

“I suddenly remember that he told me he got me something from Vietnam.” I answered honestly and she responded with a smile.

“Oh, that souvenir?” Mum stand up and walk to the television stand.

“It’s here.” She passed it to me.

“Why did he give me that arcade locker key?” I asked and she let out a soft giggle.

“Did you forget how he always pranks you and you always fall for it?” She added, “Oh, you better give the locker key back before we have to pay for it.”

I grab the box that was wrapped in green colored paper with my name on it.

“Why didn’t you give this to me earlier?” I asked her.

“He told me to give it to you when you said you’re going to find it.” She smiles as she eyed the box.

“Should I open it now or later?” I asked the both of them and they shrugged their shoulders.

“It’s up to you, sweetheart.” Mum said and walked to the kitchen.

“I think it will be meaningful if I open this alone.” He winked at Jisoo to and followed mum to the kitchen.

---

 

“Thank you, see you again.” I thanked the customer.

For me, thank you and see you again also means thank you and don’t come again.

“Soomin, when will you start working again? It has been very busy ever since you stopped working.” Manager Kim stated as he bow to the customer goodbye.

“I want to focus on my studies. Maybe during holidays I can work again.” I said and take off my apron.

“I’m done for the night.” I said and walked to the office to grab my belongings and before I could leave the restaurant, Manager Kim said something.

“We’ll always welcome you back. Just give me a text whenever you’re free to work. Without you, all the other part-timers are useless. All they do is talk.” He said and waved me goodbye.

So long, Pizza Palace. I don’t think I will be seeing you anytime soon.

“So, it’s finally time for my human to go back home.” The spirit appeared beside me right when I wanted to play my songs.

“I know right. Finally I could go home and sleep.” I replied.

“There’s 50% chance that Joohyuk’s parents will be coming tomorrow and 50% chance they won’t be coming tomorrow.” He stated and hearing the second one makes my smile grew wider.

“I hope it’s the second one.” I said with a huge grin on my face.

“I experience something weird just now.” The spirit told me and he sounded serious.

“What happened?” I asked him looking in his eyes.

“I was out of breath and couldn’t breathe for a solid 30 seconds. Then, my heart aches so badly plus my head spins fast.” He explained.

“Why did that happened?” I questioned him but he only responded with a sigh.

“It may or may not be a good sign. ” He exhales a long sigh and pouted his bottom lips out.

“Do you remember about your past life now?” I asked him cautiously and he shook his head.

“If I already know about my past life, I cannot be a guardian anymore and I will be sent to the afterworld.” It seems like he really wanted to continue being a guardian.

“Wouldn’t it be better for you to move on?” I said.

“Do you think so too?” He looked at me with his puppy eyes. He doesn’t seem like the cheerful spirit tonight and for some reason it hurt me a bit.

“I’ve grown closer to you and it hurts me saying this but isn’t it better for you to move on rather than having those symptoms that are really painful?” I spill out everything sincerely.

“I will, my human. But I want to guide you through your life first and after I’ve done my task with you, I’ll go.” He smiled and disappeared.

The conversation with spirit earlier broke my heart. I couldn’t stop thinking about what he said and I could even imagine how painful those symptoms are.

 I took a bus home and sat at the window seat with my earpiece on. It’s the perfect weather to listen to some indie songs that calm my body and mind down.

What a pitiful spirit. I thought he always had it easy. How I wish I could help him find his family and regain his memory so that he could move on with his life and not get stuck in this world.

---

 

After returning back the locker key to the arcade staffs, I walked back to the apartment and Soomin isn’t home either. It’s nearly midnight though. With much anticipation, I quickly rush to my room and sat down on my study table.

“I won’t expect anything special from you, Joohyun but I would appreciate if you don’t prank me this time.” I talked to myself and began to unwrap the wrapping paper.

It was a portrait that looks like it was drawn by an artist. It was a portrait of me and Joohyun with our arms on each other’s shoulders. I remember crystal clear that mum took that photo before we went for our high school trip which also was the last trip for me and him.

A tear dropped suddenly on my desk and I totally wasn’t expecting to tear up. I have been strong for the past 7 months and I think this portrait could make me even stronger. Luckily for me, I got an extra frame that I could use to frame this special drawing.

“Where are you now, Joohyun?” I lay on my bed, wondering what he is doing now.

“You know what? My life turned upside down when you’re gone. I do not have anyone to talk to about my problems anymore. I just can’t have a serious conversation with Jisoo even though he is very similar to you, loving so much to prank me.” I chuckled and smile at the memories that flash by.

“I bet you know by now that I’m married with the girl I always talked to you about.” I take my phone and scroll through our pictures together.

“I may sound cheesy but I miss you, bro. I hope you’re happy wherever you may be.”

---

 

“Spirit, are you okay?” I was in the elevator back home when the spirit appeared in the lift with his left hand clenching his heart and the other holding onto the bar.

“Spirit, are you okay?” I wanted to help him but I couldn’t feel him, it’s as if he was invisible.

“Soomin, I wanted to pass you something but I don’t think I can go on right now.” He stuttered his words and paused every now and then.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to tell me now. Just go back and have a rest.” I said and he nodded and disappears as he dropped a paper on the elevator floor.

I picked it up and the door open.

“Damn, that scares the out of me.” With the lightning pace, I quickly keyed in the password to the apartment and walk to my room.

Without thinking that I have to change into my usual comfy clothes, I sat on my bed and took out the piece of paper he dropped just now and unfold it.

“It’s empty.” I talked to myself when I find that paper was empty. Nothing was stamped or written on it.

“Did he purposely drop it or he accidentally dropped it?”

 

 

Morning came when it’s least expected and someone rang the bell of the apartment. I bet my life that it’s Joohyuk’s parents.

Dragging my of the bed, I look myself in the mirror to see whether I look presentable to them but who cares actually?

“Mum’s here too?!” I peeked at the peephole of the door and both our mothers were standing in front of our apartment smiling from ear to ear.

With all my courage left, I opened the door and they rushed in.

“Why are you taking so long to open up?” Mum said as she takes a look at me.

“Oh my god, did you just wake up?” She combed my fringe to the back as both of them walked towards the kitchen with bags of groceries on both of their hands.

“You didn’t tell me you’re coming.” I told my mum and she just responded with a smile.

“Is Joohyuk still sleeping?” Joohyuk’s mum asked and I nodded.

“Okay, good. One of my goals in life is to teach my daughter-in-law the dishes that Joohyuk likes.” She beamed in excitement and opens the door of the fridge.

“Who gave you all these side dishes?” She asked and I answered that it was a welcome present from our neighbor.

If only both of them knew how hot that neighbor is. Damn.

---

 

It’s Saturday morning and I was thinking to sleep in but then something struck my nose and it’s the smell of stews and beef.

“Wow, what is this smell?” I push my blanket off and walked out my room, thinking that Soomin was the one cooking but then I saw another 2 ladies figure while Soomin set up the dinner table.

She noticed me and gave me an eye signal which looks like, ‘Our mums are here.’

I nodded at her and went to put on decent clothing.

“Good morning.” I greeted the mothers and mum turned around excitedly, giving me a hug.

“We just met yesterday, mum.” I chuckled and bow slightly to Soomin’s mum.

“Hi, son-in-law.” She said and giggled together with my mum.

Weird.

“Soomin, are you all done setting up the table? Come and take this pot inside.” Soomin’s mum ordered her and I offered to carry the pot instead of making Soomin carry it.

 

The breakfast consists of both our mothers giving us stares and soft giggles. Both of us only focus on eating and answer bit by bit of their questions.

“Why are you both so quiet?” Mum asked and both of us looked up with a smile.

“Did you guys even read the book we prepared during the wedding? I told you that both of you have to finish reading it.” She reminded I gritted my teeth.

“Not that we don’t want to read it, but we’re so busy with school and work.” I answered.

“How can we help to make you guys even closer?” Mum asked as she feeds herself a spoonful of soup.

“Oh yes, I have an idea.” Soomin’s mum suggested and both of them whispered.

Soomin turned her attention towards me and I did the same. As if we know what they’re going to make us do, both of us sighed at the same time.

“How about we make you guys sleep in the same bedroom?” Mum said following with a soft slap on Soomin’s mum lap.

“MUM!” Me and Soomin shouted at the same time in disagreement.

 

Three hours before midnight, our parents, including our dad who came during dinner time, went home and left with both of us. Thankfully everything went well and nothing was hard for us to deal with.

“Do you drink?” I asked Soomin and she nod, “I would love that right now.”

“Here you go.” I pass her a can of beer and she quickly opens it and chug it down.

“Damn, slowly girl.” I laughed and she responds with a slight smile.

“Thank god it wasn’t hard just now. I swear I have been worrying about what I should do when you told me they were coming.” She said and I could she’s telling me what she’s feeling right now and I like it.

“Thanks for treating my parents like yours.” I thanked her feeling very appreciative.

She nodded and said the same to me.

“I want to ask you a question.” I started a new topic.

“Are you close with the fashion students?” I asked and she shot me a glare.

“If there’s anyone I could avoid, it will be the fashion girls.” She said and took a sip of her beer.

“What’s the reason?” I asked cautiously and she shook her head.

“They’re so obnoxious. They act like they own the school or something. I swear every single time me and the girls queue at the canteen, they will literally cut our queue and the boys that’s queuing behind us let them be and they could even give the girls their cheeky smile.” She explained and for some reason she looks cute complaining like that to me.

“Really? They’re so bad. I promise that I won’t let them cut your queue anymore.” I put out my pinky but she responded with a chuckle.

“You cannot do that.” She disagrees.

“Why?” I asked her back.

“Any guys will let those girls cut our queue even if the guys left 3 minutes before their break finish.” She said but I smiled and chuckled.

I grab her pinky and intertwined it with mine, “I told you I will do it.”

“So, have you agreed to be Lydia’s model?” She gulped then questioned me but I shrugged my shoulder.

“I don’t know whether I should or not.” I told her and she let out a long exhale.

“You should. I can see your potential of being a model.” She points at me and let out a loud laugh.

“Soomin, are you drunk already?” I grabbed her finger and she laughed once more.

“Drunk?” She shook her head and shakes her finger right to left, “How can I be drunk when I haven’t even finish drinking this one can?” Then, she laughed again.

I swear she’s already drunk.

“Okay, I think you’ll need to go to sleep already.” I said and pull her up and walked her to the bedroom.

“I want to drink more!” She yelled in my ears and I put her down on the bed and put her blanket over her as she falls asleep.

“I swear she only drank half of the can and she’s already so drunk.” I laughed and walked out her room.

“I’ll never let her drink outside.”

---

 

Another boring week ended and both of us have been busy with school and work. I’ve long agreed to be Lydia’s model and she has already started designing clothes for what she thinks suits the theme and me.

It was a new experience but I swear I come home tired every night now that I have to stay at school longer than usual.

I keyed in the password to our apartment and I smell something delicious.

“Wow, what are you cooking?” I quickly took off my shoes and ran to the kitchen where then I was welcomed with Jisoo in the kitchen.

“Bro…” I stood there in silent, giving Jisoo my death stares.

Soomin was standing beside him as she stirs the dish.

“You’re home.” She gave me a smile and asked me to change into something comfortable before having dinner together. I changed and quickly, with the pace of lightning, I rush back to the kitchen.

“I swear I’ll need to stop Jisoo from coming our house.” I said it out loud, purposely letting Jisoo hear what I wanted to say.

“He brought us meat though.” She points to the nicely grilled meat with a smile on her face. Okay, I cannot say anything to that now that she’s given me her smile.

“Why did you let him in?” I asked Soomin, helping to set the dinner table.

“Well, he was standing outside with bags of groceries in his hand and he looks pitiful so I let him in.” Soomin said as she scoops rice on the rice bowl.

“What makes you think this is your home, bro?  You need to stop coming.” I said with a stern voice but he turned and looks at me with a grin.

“Well, I bet you can’t resist the foods we’ve cooked for you.” Jisoo laughed and asked Soomin for high-five and she responded to it.

“When did you guys even became closer?” I shook my head and finally dinner is ready.

“So, how’s your day?” I sat in front of Soomin, asking her how her day went.

“It’s the same as usual.” She replied and helps herself with a piece of grilled meat.

“She now knows how to cook stews.” Jisoo clapped his hand and I slapped his cheek hard.

“My mum already taught her that.” I stated.

“That was your mum. My stew has a slight different that only the one who cooks it will know, right Soomin?” Jisoo laughed and she responded with a giggle.

“Wow, I don’t feel really good now.”

“Why? Are you jealous now that I’ve become closer with Soomin while you still can’t be close to her?” Jisoo stated what I felt and really, this guy here knows everything about me. It’s scary.

Dinner then ended with a full stomach and it’s finally time for Jisoo to go home as I forced him to.

“Oh, by the way, I bought your favorite snacks, corn flavored hotdog.” Jisoo said and forced himself to leave the apartment. Both of them waved goodbye to each other and Soomin closes the door after Jisoo went in the elevator.

“He’s funny.” Soomin said with a giggled at the end.

“Has he been coming here every night?” I asked her to be sure.

“No. Are you crazy? He just came by today.” She replied and sat down on the couch continuing watching her favorite show.

---

 

 

“Why am I having a stomachache?” Joohyuk touched his stomach and it seems like he really is having a stomachache.

“Did he put anything else in my food? Why do you seem fine?” He asked me as he crouched walking to the toilet.

“Soomin, can you help me take my towel that I hang it on my wardrobe.” He asked for help and for a second there I wondered how I am going to pass it to him if he’s already in the toilet.

But still I went into his room to take the towel for him and something on his table catches my eyes. It a portrait of 2 men and one of them is Joohyuk.

Why does the other one beside Joohyuk look familiar?

---

 

 

“Where are you going?” Senior Yong tailed behind me as I made my way down to the chamber.

“To meet my human, of course.” I replied and he stopped me.

“You cannot go anywhere for these 3 days if you don’t want anything to happen to you.” He said with a stern voice.

“Don’t want anything to happen to me?” I chuckled and replied him back, “I’ve already experienced the symptoms last week and everything has been fine since then.”

“Those shorts of breaths and heart aching only happen if you’re in the human world and at the same time, your family member is thinking of you.” He told me and that was new to me.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked to be sure.

“You said you experienced short of breaths and your heart aches so bad right?” He asked and I nodded.

“That happens when your family member is thinking of you and you’re in the human world. If you’re here and they’re thinking of you, you won’t feel the pain.” He explained clear enough that I understand.

“What if I still want to go there?” I questioned.

“You can go if the world guardian doesn’t report anything about your family member. If they sensed that our guardian’s family members are thinking of us, they will notify us and banned us from entering the world until further notice.” He answered and it made me shut for a little while.

“Then why wasn’t I notified when I went to the world last week?” I asked.

“The moment you left, we received the report from them.” He stated and put his hands on my shoulder.

“If you want to keep being Soomin’s guardian, I advised you not to go out these 3 days.” He said and walked off but added one last sentence, “No.78 went to the afterworld 3 minutes ago because he find out about his past life.”

No, this can’t be happening. The next 3 days Soomin is going to have her darkest days. How am I a guardian if I could not be there for her?
I rush back to my room and search for a paper but it was nowhere to be found.

“Could I already drop it when I last saw Soomin in the elevator?”

“Did she pick up the paper?”

“She doesn’t even know what to do with it! She’ll think its empty!"

“What’s up, No.98?” Senior Kim appeared in my room with his eyes half open.

“I cannot go there these 3 days and my human needs to prepare herself for the next 3 days.” I told him my problem and he nod with a smile on his face.

“Follow me, newbie.” He said and I followed him until he led me into a room full of darkness.

“This is called the secret human communication room. It’s a long name but we still don’t have any ideas how to shorten it.” He said and snapped his finger.

“Tell her your human’s name, age and gender.” He told but I was confused.

“Who do I tell?”

“Just say it out loud.”

“Name, Jung Soomin. Age, 20. Gender, female.” I stated and a floating cloud lit up.

“What in the world?” I was taken aback. How did I not know about this earlier?

“Searching for Human Jung Soomin, Age 20. Female.” A voice sounded and literally seconds later, I saw Soomin on the floating cloud.

“What do I do now?” I asked my senior and he crossed his arm.

“Wait until she’s alone.” He said and I grew nervous.

This is the first time I’ve experienced this it was interesting yet confusing at the same time.

“She’s walking to her room.” Senior Kim said and I observed her.

“What should I tell her?” I looked at him.

“The only way guardians can communicate with their human via this room is obviously speech. The only bad thing is that the human can only respond to their guardian if their bonds are strong enough. If their bonds aren’t strong, this room will be useless for the guardians. So, try to call her name and see if she responds.” Senior Kim assisted and I called her name.

“Soomin.” I called her name and she looked up.

“What in the world? How did you do that? How can she hear you the first time?” Senior Kim jaw dropped and I think it’s his first time seeing how strong a human and a guardian bond can be.

 I’m proud of myself.

“It’s me, your guardian.” I said again and she looked around her room.

“Spirit?” She asked.

“Where are you?” She asked again.

“I won’t be able to be with you for the next 3 days. Did you by any chance pick up any paper that I dropped the other day?” I asked and she nod, walking towards her vanity drawer.

“But it’s empty.” She opens up the paper and showed it to the ceiling.

“That is called the hidden tragedy. My report says that the next 3 days won’t be a good day for you so I want you to keep that paper close to you.” I stuttered but tried my best to give her my guidance.

“30 minutes before anything bad happens, there will be words written on the paper. It will show you what’s going to happen. We won’t know which part of the day it’ll happen but I’ll advise you to open the paper whenever your heart says so and to prepare yourself.” I said as I shiver down my spine.

“I’ll come back to you after 3 days.” I said and Senior Kim snapped his finger as the cloud disappears.

“You learnt something new today.” He smile and disappear too.

I made my way down back to my room and lay on my bed.

“I hope she’ll be fine.”

“That’s why people always say to prepare for rainy days. I am so proud of myself for bringing that paper everywhere with me so that I could drop it to Soomin if anything happens to me.”

---